Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1500 points flanking fun, first 6th ed. attempt

5 posters

Go down

1500 points flanking fun, first 6th ed. attempt Empty 1500 points flanking fun, first 6th ed. attempt

Post by Tiberius Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:03 pm

Hail brothers! Very Happy

After years of absence from the hobby, I'm now about to rally my knights to once more smite the unclean in the name of the emperor. This, of course, calls for a new roster with all kinds of jolly goodness. Do note that I haven't played since we were still known as Daemonhunters, and therefore have no real experience with the new codex beyond that which can be found online. So, straying away from my old ways of mechanized knights in Land Raiders, this is my new force I have in mind:

-HQ-
Inquisitor Coteaz 100pts

-Troops-
Strike Squad 10 strong w. 2 Psycannons, Psybolt ammunition 240pts
Strike Squad 10 strong w. 2 Psycannons, Psybolt ammunition 240pts

-Fast Attack-
Interceptor Squad 7 strong w. Psycannon, Psybolt Ammunition 212pts

-Heavy Support-
Nemesis Dreadknight w. Heavy Incinerator, Personal Teleporter 235pts
Nemesis Dreadknight w. Heavy Incinerator, Personal Teleporter 235pts
Dreadnought w. Twin-Linked Autocannons, Psybolt Ammunition 135pts

-Fortification-
Aegis Defence Line w. Quad-Gun 100pts

Total 1497pts

So, this is it. Coteaz and at least one strike squad (c-squaded or not) hangs out at the defence line guarding my objective(s) and prescience-dakka towards the enemy, manning the quad-qun to take down fliers and armour. The 'nought goes here as well doing what psyflemen do best and provide psychic defense. The other squad might deep strike or hang back to shoot depending on foe. The main focus of the army would of course be the teleporters. Being able to quickly place two dreadknights and an interceptor squad either on a flank or in the midst of the enemy forces ought to be quite satisfying.

Now, I wish for opinions and suggestions before taking this to the field! I've been considering dropping a couple of the Interceptors to provide my Dreadknights with greatswords, although I'm currently leaning towards the bodies. Thoughts? Razz
Tiberius
Tiberius
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 159
Army : Daemonhunters -No Way!-, Necrons, Ultramarines, A minor Tau Force
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1500 points flanking fun, first 6th ed. attempt Empty Re: 1500 points flanking fun, first 6th ed. attempt

Post by Tiberian Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:42 am

My first overall impression is low body count. Personally I think I would drop one dreadknight and pick up a 5 man squad of terminators with a psycannon or even another strike squad. I can understand the desire to bring two NDKs but they're pretty pricey for 1500 I think and terminators have gotten a nice boost in 6th, but like I say body count. Smile
Tiberian
Tiberian
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 112
Army : Grey Knights, Tau, Orks
Registration date : 2012-01-16

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1500 points flanking fun, first 6th ed. attempt Empty Re: 1500 points flanking fun, first 6th ed. attempt

Post by Constantine Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:38 am

I agree with Brother T.

Why have you chosen Corteaz, I believe that his main strength is making Henchmen troops, and prescience..... It seems like he is not being utilized optimally in this list.

Have you thought of using a Grand Master as your HQ? You could then make more units scoring. That or keep Corteaz and alter the build to increase body count with Henchmen.
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:45 am

i agree i would have droped 1 NDK for a GM and a termi unit... for body count, grand strategy, and because i love terminator armours !! Razz
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:21 am

+1 TERMINATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers

Embarassed Sorry, I just love Terminators Rolling Eyes Razz

What about mobility for this force? It seems like it is quite slow.
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by slayer18 Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:25 pm

I agree that a Grandmaster would be helpful in this list, if it was a higher points list. Cotaez is a bargain for what he does, not just prescience, but there are few things as satisfying as "expecting" a terminator squad deepstriking behind coteaz's deffense line, then opening up on them with a full squad. Add in a presciened lance strike and laugh. As for the interceptors, I really like the incinerator. The 30" shunt combined with their natural speed of 12" a movement make it really easy to position where it will do the most damage. Also the Wall of death D3 strength 6 auto hits when the foolish survivors charge you is great. Not that I don't love the psycannon, just not as much on my highly maneuverable units that can take out the annoying Lascannon imperial guard team behind a defense line or the lootas that fire an ungodly number of strength 7 shots.

slayer18
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 198
Army : Grey Knights-5k, Ravenwing-1k(so far), Tau 2k
Registration date : 2011-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:20 pm

First of all, thanks for the input everybody! I will certainly take it into account and play-test lists both with and without the knights, as well as try out my old terminator contingent. They do long for a doze of burning the mutants, killing the heretics and purging the unclean(s). cheers Here follows some individual replies:

Tiberian wrote:My first overall impression is low body count. Personally I think I would drop one dreadknight and pick up a 5 man squad of terminators with a psycannon or even another strike squad. I can understand the desire to bring two NDKs but they're pretty pricey for 1500 I think and terminators have gotten a nice boost in 6th, but like I say body count. Smile

I did alter this list to include Mordrak and a retinue of ghost knights for 1750, as my intention with the list is to strike inside enemy territory from the first turn onward. Dropping a Dreadknight is doable, although I also feel a lone knight would suffer from a lack of target saturation. Whereas two knights immediately buzzing up to an enemy's flank or rear will force a reorganization of most forces not prepared for it. In theory, at least. Rolling Eyes The low body count is an issue though. I'm not sure if five terminators are enough to counter that issue though.

Constantine wrote:I agree with Brother T.
Why have you chosen Corteaz, I believe that his main strength is making Henchmen troops, and prescience..... It seems like he is not being utilized optimally in this list.
Have you thought of using a Grand Master as your HQ? You could then make more units scoring. That or keep Corteaz and alter the build to increase body count with Henchmen.

Coteaz is there to provide one of my strike squads with prescience, as well as to counter any and all deep striking units (not too uncommon among the players I ought to be facing) attempting to get inside my territory. Not only do they face a fusillade of bolter and psycannon fire, but it also allows for me to turn the quad-gun against them, shooting it an extra time out of sequence. Yes please. A grand master would indeed add to the list, but he lacks a purpose in this current setup. Had I been able to find room for terminators for him to hang out with it'd be an alternative, but that means I'd have to scrap both a knight, Coteaz, and something else. And I still dread the times of old when my terminator units were but wiped out in but a fraction of a second as plasma plates gooified them. I do not like plasma, to be frank. Then again, we do have access to 4++:es nowadays... I suppose I'll be testing some alternatives on the field.

Aubec le noir wrote:i agree i would have droped 1 NDK for a GM and a termi unit... for body count, grand strategy, and because i love terminator armours !! Razz
Aubec pirat
I'd love to do that trade, but as mentioned above a GM and a terminator unit would require me cutting back on more than the dreadknight. Razz

Constantine wrote:
What about mobility for this force? It seems like it is quite slow.

As far as mobility goes, three units are jumpers with shunts, and the rest of the force is either intended to remain pretty stationary or deep strike in. Overall I'd say the mobility is rather high compared to other foot-slogging lists. Smile

slayer18 wrote:I agree that a Grandmaster would be helpful in this list, if it was a higher points list. Cotaez is a bargain for what he does, not just prescience, but there are few things as satisfying as "expecting" a terminator squad deepstriking behind coteaz's deffense line, then opening up on them with a full squad. Add in a presciened lance strike and laugh. As for the interceptors, I really like the incinerator. The 30" shunt combined with their natural speed of 12" a movement make it really easy to position where it will do the most damage. Also the Wall of death D3 strength 6 auto hits when the foolish survivors charge you is great. Not that I don't love the psycannon, just not as much on my highly maneuverable units that can take out the annoying Lascannon imperial guard team behind a defense line or the lootas that fire an ungodly number of strength 7 shots.

Spot on with Coteaz there, that's my reasoning behind him. And I agree that the incinerator is a beauty. The only thing actually keeping me away from it as of now is the point cost. As there isn't much wargear and add-ons in the list but rather base units, it would either require me to drop psybolt ammunition somewhere or actually cut down on manpower. I don't quite know about that. scratch
Tiberius
Tiberius
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 159
Army : Daemonhunters -No Way!-, Necrons, Ultramarines, A minor Tau Force
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down