Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1750 Tournament List... Suggestions?

+7
Newtpow
Tiger10
Moric
Aubec le noir
purge the daemon
stormknight
Jotan
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

1750 Tournament List... Suggestions? Empty 1750 Tournament List... Suggestions?

Post by Jotan Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:44 pm

HQ Grand Master Mandulis 175
MC Warding Stave 40

HQ Librarian Rykkus 150
MC Warding Stave 40
Smite, Shrouding, Sanctuary 15

Troops Terminator Squad Alaric ( 5 ) 200
Psycannon 25
Halberds free

Troops Strike Squad Telias ( 10 ) 200
Psycannon ( 2 ) 20
Halberds ( 8 ) 40
Rhino 40

Troops Strike Squad Evos ( 10 ) 200
Psycannon ( 2 ) 20
Halberds ( 8 ) 40
Rhino 40

Fast Attack Stormraven "Wings of Righteousness" 205
Hurricane Bolters 30

Heavy Support Psyfle Dread (Psybolt) Brother Santoro 135

Heavy Support Psyfle Dread (Psybolt) Brother Genhain 135

Plan here is simple, get the rhinos into scoring positions while the Dreads suppress fire (hopefully taking some tanks/transports out), Stormraven with the GM, Lib, and Termies, getting up into the enemy's face. Disorienting with the Stormraven to keep the focus off of the SSs and the Dreads. Let me know what you think!

P.S. The people I play at my gaming shop mainly play Chaos, Guard, Marines(including Blood Angels), and Necrons. They stomp me almost every time... Shocked

P.s.s. If you can't tell I just finished the Grey Knights novel. lol.
Jotan
Jotan
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 29
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2012-01-26

Back to top Go down

1750 Tournament List... Suggestions? Empty Re: 1750 Tournament List... Suggestions?

Post by stormknight Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:18 pm

Unfortunately there won't be enough room for a Grandmaster, Lib and termies in the Stormraven as this will take up 14 spaces.

The halberds probably ain't worth there points as Strike Squads have a 1 base attack. I'd have atleast one Hammer or Halberd though.

The warding stave imo isn't worth it's points considering the grandmaster has a 3++ already, although the Librarian may need one.

Don't worry about them stomping you aslong as you remember it's a game and you'll find one day you'll be stomping them. I'm reading the series again. cheers
stormknight
stormknight
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2010-09-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1750 Tournament List... Suggestions? Empty Re: 1750 Tournament List... Suggestions?

Post by Jotan Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:51 pm

Oh man, it's been several days and I have played a couple games and have changed my list dramatically. It's funny because everything you said was something I changed, including taking the Librarian out, giving each of the infantry units a demon hammer. Although I did keep the halberds in the squad, I think I'll be taking several out and adding a purifier squad in a second Stormraven with halberds and a DH. Taking the Lib and the warding staves out freed some room for a newer, more effective list. It's looking like this will be one of the final drafts, and it has done very well so far...

Grand Master Mandulis 175

Purifier Squad Evos (10) 240
Halberds (10) 20

Terminator Squad Alaric (5) 200
Incinerator 5
Halberds/DH free
Brotherhood Banner 25

Strike Squad Telias (10) 200
Halberds (5) 25
Psycannon (2) 20
Demon Hammer 10
Rhino 40

Stormraven "Wings of Righteousness" 205
Hurricane Bolters 30
Typhoon Missile Launcher 25

Stormraven "Wings of Purity" 205
Hurricane Bolters 30
Typhoon Missile Launcher 25

Psyfle Dread (Psybolt) Brother Santoro 135

Psyfle Dread (Psybolt) Brother Genhain 135

Thanks for the advice Brother Stormknight! Please, if you have any other suggestions, let me know!
Jotan
Jotan
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by purge the daemon Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:34 pm

you may want to consider taking more than 2 troops.

purge the daemon
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Jotan Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:14 am

I use the GM's Grand Strategy to make at least the purifier squad a troop choice, if not the two dreadnoughts if I roll a 5 or 6. This list has been getting increasingly hard to beat for the dudes at my shop and I even beat the dude who placed 2nd in our local Ard Boyz. I was a happy Grey Knight, needless to say...
Jotan
Jotan
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:31 pm

congrats for the wins
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stormknight Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:41 am

Your welcome, I bet it feels good kicking their butts lol.

I would drop the Banner as it's replacing a guys Nemesis weapon. You could then use the points somewhere like the Grandmaster. I'd add an Incinerator, pyscotroke grenades and blind grenades.

Our faith is our shield
stormknight
stormknight
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2010-09-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moric Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:52 am

In my little experience i have found that rad grenades are a treat you pop them add 2 hammerhands and boom insta kills!! on all T4 targets + you get to wound on 2+ which is a nice addition considering my dice rolls Embarassed
Moric
Moric
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 85
Army : Grey knights,Empire
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Jotan Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:42 pm

Oh yeah! That's a great idea (Rad Grenades) since he's with the Termies. I took the BB out and gave him a halberd, too. Paired with Grand Strategy's (if it's not an objective or bases game) Hammer of Righteousness, it'll be impossible for units NOT to die! Sweet Emperor, my friends are going to be peeved... Very Happy Great advice my Brothers, I will keep the Faith unyielding and the destruction swift and cleansing!
Jotan
Jotan
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jotan Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:44 am

How about this one:

Grand Master
Rad Grenades
Master-crafted, Digital Weapons

(5 man) Termie Squad x2
(MC)Demon Hammers
Halberds
Psycannon
Psybolt

Stormraven x2
Typhoon Missile
Hurricane Bolter

(7 man) Interceptor Squad
Halberds x4
(1 MC DH Justicar)2 Hammers
Incinerator
Psybolt

Psyflemen Dread x2
Jotan
Jotan
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger10 Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:06 am

What is the use of the second stom raven? Very Happy
Tiger10
Tiger10
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 197
Army : Grey Knights, Tiger Warriors Space Marines, 14th Elysian
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Newtpow Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:10 am

Hey! Smile

my opinion on that list :

I d get lose of the MC + digital weapons on your GM and add the other 2 grenades (+10 points on him total)

Lose the psybolt on your termies. Points wasted on 5 man squads. (-40 points here)

Also i d build my SR more the standart way without additional equipment ( 205 each. maybe 235 with bolters)

Same on the GKIS. Lose the ammo, lose the halberts . Also i d lose one hammer with 7 man squad. (- 30+- points)

all this would give you enough points to even add another squad or smthg. Rolling Eyes

You re little short on troop choises. Maybe add some numbers with SS or more Termies.
Newtpow
Newtpow
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2011-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Jotan Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:09 pm

Tiger10 wrote:What is the use of the second stom raven? Very Happy

I'm using it as transportation for the the second Termie squad. Swift, agile assaults with easy getaways Very Happy
Jotan
Jotan
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jotan Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:24 pm

Newtpow wrote:Hey! Smile

my opinion on that list :

I d get lose of the MC + digital weapons on your GM and add the other 2 grenades (+10 points on him total)

Lose the psybolt on your termies. Points wasted on 5 man squads. (-40 points here)

Also i d build my SR more the standart way without additional equipment ( 205 each. maybe 235 with bolters)

Same on the GKIS. Lose the ammo, lose the halberts . Also i d lose one hammer with 7 man squad. (- 30+- points)

all this would give you enough points to even add another squad or smthg. Rolling Eyes

You re little short on troop choises. Maybe add some numbers with SS or more Termies.

Thanks for the advice, Brother! I understand where you're coming from with dropping the psybolt, and that should free up some points to make the GKIS 10 man with two Incinerators (not really doing the math right now but it might work out tongue ). As for the SR, I wanted the typhoon missiles as tank popping/Monstrous Creature killing. I know a lot of people don't like how expensive Halberds are for ISs and SSs, but I've found they keep me alive more than anything else, seeing as I strike first with ID on most Troop choices. The people at my gaming shop use a lot of I4 units (lots if Marines and Chaos) so it has been working for me, especially with ISs. With this most recent list, I'm looking for quick, uninterrupted destruction. Example: I beat a dude who placed extremely high in Ard Boyz last year and I did it because of one squad; Purifiers with Cleansing flame, but more importantly with Halberds. They cut through a Drop Pod with Libby and Tactical squad and two more Drop Pod/Tactical Squad. One after the other, the halberds earned the points back. Oh yeah, and took down an Ironclad in that sequence of events. Five kill points with one squad and mostly because of Halberds. They have always worked for me so I'm gonna stick with them, I do like the idea of tossing psybolt and adding more to the IS. Btw, I use Grand Strategy to make the IS a troop choice when I play objective games. Cool
Jotan
Jotan
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Newtpow Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:00 am

Well thats the most important thing, that the list works for u. Very Happy

And except for the MC on paladins there are no crucial things to change.

BTW: On purifiers u should totaly run with full halberts Wink They have +1 attack. Just for GKSS its questionable.

Newt.
Newtpow
Newtpow
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2011-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Jotan Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:27 pm

Hello Beothers,

I'm planning on playtesting a Crowe list (although I believe Crowe might be the worst IC in all of 40k, seeing as how he is the Champion of all GKs) and I'm just trying to see if switching Termies for Purifiers might be something to contemplate.

Castellan Crowe 150

Librarian Rykkus
Smite, Might of Titan, Warp Rift
Halberd

Purifier Squad Evos (10)
Psycannons (4)
Halberds (5)
Demon Hammer (MC)

Purifier Squad Telias (10)
Halberds (9)
Demon Hammer (MC)

Strike Squad Jotan (7)
Psilencer/Swords
Rhino

Storm Raven w/ Searchlight 206

Storm Raven w/ Searchlight 206

Psyfleman Dread Santoro 135

Psyfleman Dread Genhain 135

So my strategy here is quick, effective Death Star squad of halberd purifiers in SR, Psycannon Purifiers post up and suppress fire, Dreads move forward and suppress fire and keep the opponent concentrated on the CC Purifiers. Let me know what you think, Brothers!
Jotan
Jotan
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by first strike Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:08 pm

Question, is the strike squad doing anything there, eg did you get them for warp tremors?
if not stick to purifiers. What is the psilancer for?
Also crow is not the worst IC in the game, crow is not even an IC, if he was he would be much more usefull, at the monent he just paints a big bulls eye on his head and walks on seeing if anybody wants some target practice. He also has some of the worst fluf in the game (not as bad as the necron and blood angles working together, but close)
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 409
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, Space Wolves, High Elf
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jotan Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:38 am

Castellan Crowe is an Independent Character, at least I thought that's what his unit classification meant Wink ... All jokes aside, I use the GKSS for capturing objectives last minute and for Warp Quake because there are a ton of drop pod/deep striking players in my local stores' tournament. The Psilencer is just to add a little more firepower. Even though it has AP -, it still deals out 6 shots at S4. I'm about to playtest it today, so I'll post on how it goes later the evening. Thanks, Brother Strike!
Jotan
Jotan
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by first strike Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:23 pm

All good, there are not realy any bad choices in the list provided you have a use for them. Have fun and good luck
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 409
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, Space Wolves, High Elf
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jotan Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Well it seems as though the following list is going to be the one I go with as it did it's job when my main strategy was foiled.

HQ Grand Master Mandulis
Rad Grenades
MC Sword

Elites Purifier Squad Evos (10)
Halberds (5)
MC Demon Hammer
Incinerators (2)
Psybolt Ammo
Psycannons (2)

Troops Terminator Squad Alaric (5)
Psycannon
Psybolt Ammo
Halberds/MC DH

Troops Strike Squad Telias (10)
Halberds (7)
Psycannon (2)
Psybolt Ammo
Demon Hammer
Rhino

Fast Attack Stormraven "Wings of Righteousness" 205
Multi-melta free
Plasma Cannon free

Fast Attack Stormraven "Wings of Purity" 205
Multi-melta free
Plasma Cannon free

Heavy Support Psyfle Dread (Psybolt) Brother Santoro 135

Heavy Support Psyfle Dread (Psybolt) Brother Genhain 135
Jotan
Jotan
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:24 pm

He isn't an IC by the conventional term, because he can't join a unit, he is a single model unit. Not sure he actually DOES have the IC rule in fact.

If you want Puries in the SR's don't get all the cannons, they just destroy your CC capability. Even mixed Cannons/Incins are a waste and water down your ability to do anything in CC. Maybe 2 Incins, or 2 Cannons max.
Halberds on GKSS is a waste of points.
PsyAmmo on a 5 man squad is also a terrible waste.
Also not sold on the PC's on the SR's you need AT.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:38 am

crowe is a character modell, he is just a "character" as it stands in his unit entry type: infantry (character)

beeing a independent character is a special rule. for example every HQ except mordrak and crowe are independent characters as they all got it in their special rules.

mordrak however got his ghostly bodyguards to make up for it. crowe however has to run alone.

i like the list. the plasmacannons make great backup for anti MEQ shooting. psycannons and multimeltas are enough to take care of av 13+. for the rest there are the psyrifle dreads aswell as nemesis daemonhammers.
i agree on dropping the halberds on GKSS and psyammo on 5 mans. its just not worth it.

if you drop the ammo on the termies + the halberds you save 55 points. with those i would say give the GM a incinerator, its only 5 points and it can cause good amounts of wounds before charging.

i would also say why not take a inquisitor of the ordo xenos and give him rad grenades. let him accompany your purifiers so they can dish out some more pain. for the remaining 10 points i would also buy 3 servo skulls on him to secure some area so that enemy infiltrators may not be able to be placed as good.
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1602
Army : Inquisitorial Army, Necrons, Dark Eldar, Daemons of Chaos
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Overlord Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:46 am

You have some good things going on here. I like it. Smile I do agree with my fellow brothers on two points though; Halberds on the GKSS is not a great way to spend your points and neither is the PsyAmmo on your 5 man squad. 55 points probably wont tip the balance of the game but its enough to open up some other options. I like Brother Soubas idea of the OXI with rad grenades to add to the purifiers. If nothing else I would drop the PsyAmmo though. You could trade out the points for some blind grenades on your GM.
Overlord
Overlord
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 120
Army : Grey Knights/Chaos SM/Orks/Tyranids
Registration date : 2011-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:53 am

i thought that the blind grenades were GM gear for free !? Shocked Shocked
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:12 am

Aubec le noir wrote:i thought that the blind grenades were GM gear for free !? Shocked Shocked
Aubec pirat
the vindicare got them for free but thats it i think Smile
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1602
Army : Inquisitorial Army, Necrons, Dark Eldar, Daemons of Chaos
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next