Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another 1750 Tournament List

3 posters

Go down

Another 1750 Tournament List Empty Another 1750 Tournament List

Post by Brother Malleus Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:14 pm

Brothers, I have been running the list below (or at least variants of it) for about 15 games now and have had some fantastic results, I am considering taking this to a local tournament (my first in 40K) so obviously want to do well.

HQ
Inquisitor Coteaz

Elites
5 Purifiers, 2 Psycannons, Hammer
- Rhino, Dozer Blade

- Rhino, Dozer Blade

- Rhino, Dozer Blade

Troops
5 Strike Squad GKs, Psycannon, Hammer
- Razorback, Psybolt

- Razorback, Psybolt

- Razorback, Psybolt

- Razorback, Psybolt

Heavy Support
Dreadnought, TL AC x2, Psybolt

1,750 points

Thoughts on the above list are as follows

Inquisitor Coteaz - Taken mainly for Seize the initiative as I know that there are a few Dark Eldar players in the tournament and also a few Space Wolves players I want to avoid as many turns of shooting as possible. Also there is a chance that I will come up against my friends Daemons of Chaos or Draigo Paladin Deep Strike list so would be nice to have a out of sequence round of shooting, even if its purely to make them re think that deep strike towards me.

So what do you guys think, what would you suggest as the main counters that I could have difficulties against

Brother Malleus
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 24
Army : Parragons of Titan (GK), Grand Duchy of L'Anguille (Bretonnian)
Registration date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

Another 1750 Tournament List Empty Re: Another 1750 Tournament List

Post by Sai Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:46 pm

Go on. Throw an incinerator in. Just for poops and giggles.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:57 pm

Not a bad list. The main downside is the amount of easy KP you give up with all your AV11.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Malleus Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:38 pm

I agree target proirity is going to be key for the games whixh is why Coteaz is there hopefully i can force reserves and take out threats with the psy bolt dreds

Brother Malleus
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:09 pm

Whilst the incinerator comment was admittedly a little facetious, you might want to bear in mind that a lot of tournament players build their armies with the express purpose of busting heavy infantry out of AV11 vehicles in MSU armies, be they codex, angels, wolves or knights. On the other hand your list will deal with lists like your list quite well so I guess it balances out.

If you're going to be kicking around in rhinos, why not send a psyker henchman squad. 8 Psykers and a bloke with a meltagun comes to under 100 points, which is cheaper than any of your squads. Riding in a rhino, they can move and shoot a 36" range S10 AP1 blast as well as a meltagun. You could even upgrade the rhino to a chimera for a paltry 10 points and have even more guns, though at a rubbish BS of 3.

By no means go the other way though- then there's madness: Cortaez with 100 psykers, 50 death cult assassins and 37 warrior acolytes. That's 37 excess wounds before they can touch your 12 S10 ap1 blast templates with a 36" range. And your 150 WS5 I6 S4 power weapon attacks.
It's the last thing they will expect and it probably kills most anything at a longer range than your Grey Knights and is better in close combat.
That's 188 models, 187 of which are scoring. Admittedly there is a fair chance that heads might explode and you may have a problem with people running off but you're laying down the firepower of a couple of squadrons of vindicators at an extra 50% of their range, most probably from cover. It's the last thing your local tournament will expect.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Malleus Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:22 pm

If I were going to go to 'ardman or equivalent tournament then I would not hesitate to take the henchman list, or one very similar.

However, don't think that I'll have many friends remaining if I took that along to my Local Gaming Club, also the fact that I'll be hard pushed to complete the painting of the 188+ models before the comp starts January 14th.

Also I am bored of painting infantry hence the move from fantasy to 40K.

Brother Malleus
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:20 pm

Believe me, I don't seriously expect anyone to play that.

Would it be worth replacing your purifier psycannons with incinerators seeing as you intend to close the distance? A moving psycannon only has a pair of shots that can miss, but the incinerator is most likely going to instantly hit at least two. You lose the rending, but you don't need it for most vehicles because of the psyriflemen and you're still wounding most infantry on 2's and ignoring any cover save. This will be especilly useful against dark eldar i expect- you can be taking out most of their vehicles with flamethrowers.

Your purifiers get the incinerators for free giving you 60 points to play with. You could always go overkill on hunter-killer missiles so that on your first turn you fire 12 S8 shots (including the dreadnoughts). That should deal with the enemy rhino rush letting your rhino rush power forward.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Malleus Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:17 am

Cheers for that I'll have a dig aroundmy bitz box and play test a few gameswith the incinerators. HKM sounds like a laugh as well cheers for your help

Brother Malleus
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum