Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1750 Tournament List... Suggestions?

+7
Newtpow
Tiger10
Moric
Aubec le noir
purge the daemon
stormknight
Jotan
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

1750 Tournament List... Suggestions? - Page 2 Empty Re: 1750 Tournament List... Suggestions?

Post by Jotan Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:16 pm

Souba wrote:i like the list. the plasmacannons make great backup for anti MEQ shooting. psycannons and multimeltas are enough to take care of av 13+. for the rest there are the psyrifle dreads aswell as nemesis daemonhammers.
i agree on dropping the halberds on GKSS and psyammo on 5 mans. its just not worth it.

if you drop the ammo on the termies + the halberds you save 55 points. with those i would say give the GM a incinerator, its only 5 points and it can cause good amounts of wounds before charging.

i would also say why not take a inquisitor of the ordo xenos and give him rad grenades. let him accompany your purifiers so they can dish out some more pain. for the remaining 10 points i would also buy 3 servo skulls on him to secure some area so that enemy infiltrators may not be able to be placed as good.

Absolutely incredible ideas, Brother Souba! Consider your advice a part of my list now! This list has showed the best results so far and I believe adding these things to the list will not only improve the list but make it a little more fluffy (which I love cheers ), give the Termies/GM more of a punch, and make it more difficult for enemy infiltrators to break the line. The first game of the tournament is next week so I wanted to thank all of my Battle Brothers for the advice over the past weeks and helping me create a competitive (and I would go as far as to say new) list for this month long battle.

Would anyone be interested in reading the battle reports; I've been wanting to write one and I thought what better time than during a tournament! Let me know. Cool
Jotan
Jotan
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 29
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2012-01-26

Back to top Go down

1750 Tournament List... Suggestions? - Page 2 Empty Re: 1750 Tournament List... Suggestions?

Post by Souba Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:04 pm

sure bring on the batreps.

i was on a mini tournament in our local GW. 16 attendants only so wasnt that big. 750 points and i scored 2nd with me dark eldar btw Razz just am not sure to post my reports here because its one of my heretical armys instead of the pure GK Very Happy
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1602
Army : Inquisitorial Army, Necrons, Dark Eldar, Daemons of Chaos
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Newtpow Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:05 pm

i would say keep them coming Very Happy

GK or not..
Newtpow
Newtpow
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2011-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Jotan Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:03 am

So I replaced the Termie ammo, Halberds in the GKSS and the two pyscannons in the Purifier Squad for an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor with rad grenades, scythian venom talons, 3 servo skulls, and Power Armor; I added searchlights to the two SRs and the Rhino for fighting Necrons. I really like this list and can't wait to see what the inquisition has to say about all of the blaspheming going on in the galaxy Very Happy
Jotan
Jotan
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Overlord Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:56 am

I think you have a real solid list and I am excited to see how it performs. cheers And please bring on the battle reps... I always learn something new from reading my brothers' experiences.
Overlord
Overlord
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 120
Army : Grey Knights/Chaos SM/Orks/Tyranids
Registration date : 2011-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jotan Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:37 pm

Hello Brothers, this is a battle report from my first game in the tournament so here it goes…

Game type: Objectives (3)

Depolyment: Pitched Battle

Opponent: Orkz

Opponent Army List:

Ghazghull

Big Mek

Nobs 1:power klaws
Nobs 2 :power klaws
Nobs 3: big chopa:

Lootas

Boyz:nob pwr klw bos pole stik boms
Boyz:nob pwr klw bos pole stik boms
Boyz:nob pwr klw bos pole
Grotz:grot prod
Trukk:all

Defkoptas:twin linked rokit launcha buzzsaw
Defkoptas:twin linked rokit launcha buzzsaw
Defkopta:bigg bom

Killa Kan:kustom mega blasta g.r a.p

My Army List:

Grand Master Mandulis
Incinerator

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor Alkolas
Mastery Level 1 (Hammerhand)
Servo-skulls (3)
Power Armor

Purifier Squad Evos (10)
Halberds (5)
Demon Hammer
Incinerators (4)
Psybolt Ammo

Strike Squad Dendric (10)
Psycannons (2)
Psybolt Ammo
Demon Hammer

Strike Squad Telias (10)
Psycannon (2)
Psybolt Ammo
Demon Hammer
Rhino w/ Searchlight

Stormraven "Wings of Righteousness"
Multi-melta
Plasma Cannon
Searchlight

Stormraven "Wings of Purity"
Multi-melta
Plasma Cannon
Searchlight

Psyfle Dread (Psybolt) Brother Santoro

Psyfle Dread (Psybolt) Brother Genhain

Turn 1
He won first turn and I failed to seize. His army was footslogging and extremely spread out (he is a new player), so he did not focus his forces in a strategic way. He advanced straightforward while my Stormravens were catching his left flank. Shooting was not effective as he was too far away and, well, they’re Orkz.
My turn one was extremely effective, as I dismounted his squad with Ghazghull, Big Mek, and Nobz squad and pinned them. I advanced up onto the high ground with two of the objectives within reach. Several other small enemy casualties were inflicted and all of the marines stayed in their designated transports.

Turn 2
His turn was just as boring as the first, mainly moving up, shooting was fruitless and there were no assaults.
My turn pretty much started an avalanche of destruction for the rest of the game. I flew over his line and disembarked my Purifier squad with the GM and incinerated Ghazghull, the Big Mek and the Nobz to a pile a toasted fungi. The Stormravens took out half of two squads of boyz. The two strike squads disembarked on the hill and suppressed fire, killing several more boyz and some koptas.

Turn 3
His turn began with all of his forces near the hill advancing onto the hill to assault the Strike Squads. The third Boyz squad tried to flank my left side but I closed the gap with the Dreads. A squad of Boyz surrounded my Purifier squad and I didn’t lose any thing, but I managed to kill the entire squad in his close combat. I then moved the Purifiers up towards the next two squads of Boyz.
I held a tight line of firepower ready for the impending Ork onslaught; I actually feared it more than I should have. My Purifiers were in the middle of two Boyz squads ready to seek retribution for slaying their infamous leader, luckily, I was planning on it so that I could use Cleansing Flame and wipe out at least a third of them before close combat. Ironically there was no need to because the incinerators massacred them before I could even get into combat. I believe I had 30+ hits with the incinerators and there were only 20 in the squad. One more squad of Orkz down – two in one turn. (I love Purifiers <3)

Turn 4
By this time all he had left was a squad of boyz and three squadrons of defkoptas. He moved the Boyz into combat after failing to inflict any damage on the Purifier squad. The defkoptas turbo boosted to the hill and killed one of Strike Squad Grey Knight and then assaulted. Once again cleansing flame destroyed half of the squad and I killed another quarter of them – five remained. The koptas managed to kill another GKSS – all in all, two died.
My turn pretty much revolved around tabling the Orkz and claiming all three objectives for the Emperor. I hacked the Boyz down with little effort and consolidated to the objective that was located off the hill and I killed the defkoptas with the help of the other SS with the Inquisitor and consolidated towards the other two objectives, making this game a massacre victory.

In Conlusion…
The Orkz can deal out a great deal of damage, but this player was new and I had been building, playtesting, and perfecting the list as best I could, for three months. I had mobility and firepower, and he struggled to get close enough to even touch one of my squads. I lost two models overall, while the only orky things were a smoking trukk and killa kan. I kind of felt bad because of how badly and how swiftly I tabled him, but I guess that’s what experience and practice does and a newbie. Hopefully my other games will be half as killy as this game. Hope you enjoyed!
Jotan
Jotan
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger10 Wed May 02, 2012 5:32 am

Congrats Very Happy
I have to ask how did you get 30+ hits on a 20 men squad with your incineraters
Tiger10
Tiger10
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 197
Army : Grey Knights, Tiger Warriors Space Marines, 14th Elysian
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jotan Wed May 02, 2012 12:37 pm

He was funneling through difficult terrain and a wrecked trukk and I positioned it to where I was hitting at least 7 orkz per incinerator. There are four incinerators in the Purifier squad and the GM has one, so 5 all together hitting 7 orkz is 35+. I was herding Orkz for a couple hours is what it felt like lol!
Jotan
Jotan
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger10 Thu May 03, 2012 1:15 am

Hahahahahaha Very Happy
Tiger10
Tiger10
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 197
Army : Grey Knights, Tiger Warriors Space Marines, 14th Elysian
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2