Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three 1750 lists forTournament, need help deciding on which

2 posters

Go down

Three 1750 lists forTournament, need help deciding on which Empty Three 1750 lists forTournament, need help deciding on which

Post by PhoenixFire Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:40 pm

I've got a local tournament next month with 30 players, and i need help deciding on a list. They're using the Adepticon championship missions which all seem to be kill point and objective oriented

This is what i've been running with mixed results

LIST 1:

HQ: Draigo=275

Troop1: Pallys x7, 2 psycannons, Banner = 450

Troop2: GKSS x5 +Psyback = 150

Elite1: Purifiers x10 4 psycannons, 5 Halbards, Hammer + Rhino = 335

Heavy1: Landraider Crusader + MultiMelta = 265

Heavy2: Psyrifle dread = 135

Heavy3: Psyrifle dread =135

Total = 1745

Only 9 kill points which would help for that objective, plan is to have Draigo make the Purifiers and as many Dreads as possible scoring. in the games i've played with it the LR never seems to last very long making me wondering if its even worth the points

LIST 2:

This is one i've just put together, i love the ammount of pyscannon spam but the lack of Invuln saves concerns me

HQ: Crowe = 150

Troop 1: Purifiers x10 4 psycannons, 5 Halbards, Hammer + Rhino = 335

Troop 2: Purifiers x10 4 psycannons, 5 Halbards, Hammer + Rhino = 335

Troop 3: Purifiers x5 2 psycannons, 2 Halbards, Hammer + Rhino = 189

Troop 4: GKSS x5 +Psyback = 150

Troop 5: GKSS x5 +Psyback = 150

Heavy 1: Psyrifle dread = 135

Heavy 2: Psyrifle dread = 135

Heavy 3: Psyrifle dread = 135

Total: 1714

14 Kill points, could be bad towards that objective

Obviously a very shooty army, 3 Psyrifle dreads, 2 Psybacks and 10 Psycannons. Still have points to play around with, thinking about dumping a Psyrifle dread in favor of a Purgation 5 man with 4 Psycannons, sit em in cover near a home objective... thoughts?. Plan is to have the two 10 man purfier squads move in tandem, either have crowe run behind the rhinos or hide him on a home objective with either the half purifier squad or the gkss squads.

LIST 3:

HQ: Draigo = 275

HQ2: Libby +Warding staff, Quicksilver, Sanctuary, Warp Rift = 200

Troop 1: Paladins x10, 4 psycannons, Banner, Warding staff = 675

Troop 2: GKSS x5 +Psyback = 150

Heavy 1: Psyrifle dread = 135

Heavy 2: Psyrifle dread = 135

Heavy 3: Purgation Squad x5 4 Psycannons = 180

Total: 1750

Only 8 Kill points and 3 of those being the deathstar of Draigo, Libby and the Pallys would certainly work in my favor, have draigo make the dreads and Purgation squad troops to sit on the home objective.

Love the death star idea but concerns me only having this few models on the board, while its very hard to kill could easily be tied up in assault negating all its shooting firepower

So thoughts on the 3 choices? what would you guys take into the tournie?

thanks!
PhoenixFire
PhoenixFire
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Three 1750 lists forTournament, need help deciding on which Empty Re: Three 1750 lists forTournament, need help deciding on which

Post by stormknight Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:20 pm

I like list 1.

The LRC is good because you can put alot of pressure on the enemy while the rest of your army can advance behind it (unscathed hopefully)
Aslong as your LRC gets it's cargo delivered intact then it's done a big part of it's worth.

How do you like to play your LR? move 6" guns blazing, 12" aggresive, Smoke Launchers asap?
stormknight
stormknight
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 331
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2010-09-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Three 1750 lists forTournament, need help deciding on which Empty Re: Three 1750 lists forTournament, need help deciding on which

Post by PhoenixFire Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:59 am

stormknight wrote:I like list 1.

The LRC is good because you can put alot of pressure on the enemy while the rest of your army can advance behind it (unscathed hopefully)
Aslong as your LRC gets it's cargo delivered intact then it's done a big part of it's worth.

How do you like to play your LR? move 6" guns blazing, 12" aggresive, Smoke Launchers asap?

i usually charge it 12, i've been leaving psybolt ammo off so i can fire the hurricane bolters as defense weapons in addition to the assault cannon or the multimelta with machine spirit

the upside is the pallys and draigo get their unwounded

the downside is the usually only get one shooting phase before getting tied down in assualt for the rest of the game, limiting the effectiveness of the relentless psycannons and some holocaust templates
PhoenixFire
PhoenixFire
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down