Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pure Grey Knight vs Daemons

5 posters

Go down

Pure Grey Knight vs Daemons Empty Pure Grey Knight vs Daemons

Post by brother captain sean Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:10 pm

I have been playing grey knights for about 3 years now. I have played them as allies and with allies and I still love playing them as just grey knights. It surprises me that so many people feel that the grey knights aren't effective against daemons. I love fighting daemons with my psycannon 2000 pt list. I have had good luck with it and it seems to work well (my friends who run daemons HATE IT). So here it is.

2000pts
HQ
GM with psycannon, GTN, IofJ, MCW, and SI with a retinue
Retinue
6 terminators with 1 psycannon

troops
3 squads of 8 PAGK with 1 psycannon in each squad and each justicar has PCB

Heavy support
2 Land Raider Crusader's with psycannon bolts in the hurrican bolters.
1 Dreadnaught with TLLC and incinerator

total pts 1996/2000

I also have another version of the list where my gandmaster has a psychic hood and all my justicars have melta boms. I take out the dread and add some troops and upgrades.
on average at 24" you shpould be able to fire 33 psycannon shots into a daemon army. You can add another 6 shots if you get your crusader within double tap range of the hurrican bolters. The only daemons that this has some trouble with is nurgle because they have feel no pain (I hate that). The only benifit is that is you hammer them with enough shots they will hopefully fail enough feel no pains to die like the warp spawn they are. The benifit is they only get their feel no pain and not the invulnerable save with the feel no pain. Feel free to try this list and let me know how it works for you. Any suggestions regarding the list are also appreciated. Good luck and drive those warp spawn back to their depraived gods fearing the site of the GRey Knights.
brother captain sean
brother captain sean
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 186
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2010-11-30

Back to top Go down

Pure Grey Knight vs Daemons Empty Re: Pure Grey Knight vs Daemons

Post by Rivan Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:26 pm

brother captain sean wrote:
Heavy support
2 Land Raider Crusader's with psycannon bolts in the hurrican bolters.

I could be wrong but we can't put psycannon bolts in our hurricane bolters. I believe it specifically said storm bolters and heavy bolters only scratch
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by brother captain sean Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:53 pm

I think the codex does refer to storm or heavy bolters, but it has never been chalanged in a tournament by the moderator. Also the ruling we have gotten at the GW store is that it is a vehicle upgrade for secondary weapons and hurrican bolters are secondary weapons since they are considerd defensive weapons. Im not sure if this is a loop hole or not. I will send an e-mail to GW, but they probably wont respond to it since the new codex is coming out in april.
brother captain sean
brother captain sean
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:08 pm

Hmmm, that's cool. AP4 shots from hurricane bolters are awesome! Very Happy
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:07 pm

The list looks good but Rivan is right on the hurricane bolters. If you're able to use them that way though all the power to ya. Man that would be wicked. Smile Too bad you can't work a few 'cinnies in there.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Nausaden Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:31 pm

Heh, my friends who play Daemons never play with me anymore unless I give them a huge handicap and a special scenario XD

One really nasty thing in general is just to take an Inquisitor with two mystics, give him the psychic power that acts as a force field, Sanctuary, for him. Then get a Purgation squad with 4 Psycannons and huddle with them, keeping your force castled up somewhere. Have your Inquisitor cast Sanctuary; Daemons within several inches will be destroyed if they deepstrike around them, and daemons of any kind cant draw line of sight through them/assault them/etc. They are more or less, utterly invulnerable from Daemons, as long as they don't move or shoot. When Daemons deepstrike around, nominate the purgation squad to annihilate the landing filth.

I have yet to meet a Daemon list that can hope to have a chance; I tend to pack a Dreadnought that's blessed with a lascannon to stomp out Soul Grinders as they land. I make it so that the Daemons must assault the knights; the only things that can attack us without going to initiative 1 are Daemonettes. Our incinerators will also mop the taint of Chaos up; better then flamers will ever do.

I consider myself an expert on the Daemons Wink I even wrote a tactica on facing them; the only thing thats ever annoyed me aside from occasional lucky flamers is the khorne collar. It gives a 2+ invuln save against force weapons, so its very difficult for our Grandmasters/Stern to kill it.

I look forward to hearing of battle-reports of you Brother, namely in exterminating the Xenos, Heretic, and Daemon!
Nausaden
Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1085
Army : Pure Grey Knights *Daemon Hunters*
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:53 am

your list seems to work well, but i have to agree with my brothers, usually you can't use psybolts with the hurricane bolters (for now ! Wink ), i'm happy you could though ! Twisted Evil
Aubec psycannon lover Razz pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brother captain sean Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:58 pm

i played my 2000 pt list tonight in a four way game against daemons, imperial guard and tau in a free for all. However, i changed my list a little. I dropped a single PAGK from each squad and the dreadnaught. In its place I added a regular land raider. We only got 3 turns completed do to time constraints. I mainly had to deal with the daemons at two squads of kroot.
Turn 1
Daemons had first turn and deep striked behind cover with epidemius and plague bearers. He deep striked a squad of plague bearers into the middle of the board. His soulgrinder also deep striked behind the cover. His greater daemon of nurgle deep striked behind another building. His screamers scattered into cover, but he didn't lose any of his squad. The daemons the started to attack the imperial guard forces taking out a squad with a heavy weapon.
Imperial guard then started firing on everyone he could see. He killed the soulgrinder with fire from the leaman russ squad. He took a shot at one of my land raiders with the basilisk hit with everything and then rolled a 1 for armour pen. He then began to fire the rest of his tanks at the tau and killed 4 pathfinders.
Tau then began to open up with their heavy weapons fire. The hammerheads fired at the second squad of russes that shot at his pathfionders. He hit once and stunned the tank. He then targeted my land raider with TLLC with his broadsides. He hit once and penned once but only destroyed a weapon. He took one side sponson.
Grey Knights turn I started moving my land raiders forward trying to get some cover from those broadsides. I took some shots at the greater daemon with on crusader dealing him one wound. The second crusader moved towards the kroot in cover. I fired everything at one squad and killed 4 kroot. My final land raider moved closer to cover, but not enough. I took a shot at a pirhana, but failed to pen.
turn 2
Daemons rolled for reserves and his daemon prince entered the battle along with herald of nurgle and a squad of plague bearers. The daemon prince deep striked in the midle of the imperial guard and unleashed breath of chaos on the poor guardsmen. The herald and plague bearers came in behind the tau and unleashed breath of choas only dealing one wound to a missle pod squad. The greater daemon of nurgle fired at the imperial guard taking out several more guardsmen. nThe sreamers moved out of cover and immobilized my crusader with the GM and terminators.
Imperial guard didn't move and just opened fire on the daemons. He ended up killing the daemon prince with focused fire. He killed several plague bearers in the middle of the board. He then fired tha basilisk at a squad of PAGK on the far end of the board. He scattered away from the squad (thank you shrouding). This ended his turn.
Tau had his command squad and to firer warrior squads com in from reserves. He then moved his army to better focus fire on the daemons behind him. He fired on the daemons giving a wound to the herald and killing all but 4 plague bearers. He then fired his broadsides at my land raider with TLLC he hit once then penned it and it exploded. I failed two armour saves losing 2 PAGK out of 7.
Grey knights moved my squad that survived the dead land raider towards the kroot in cover unleashing an incinerator 8 storm bolter shots into them killing another 5 kroot. they failed leadership and ran. My two crusader cont to move forward towards cover from the broadsides. My PAGK squad with psycannon moved towards epidemius' squad taking shots, but not doing any damage. The first crusader fired at the screamers and dealt 3 wounds. The second crusader unloaded all weapons shot assault cannon and multi-melta at the scond kroot squad dealing 2 wounds. I then fired a bakn of hurrican bolters in double tap range at the remaining screamer killing it. My terminators had jumped out of their crusader and fired at epidemius and his squad dealing several wounds and killing several plague bearers.
turn 3
Daemons deep striked flamers on top of my GM and terminators hitting 21 times causing 10 wounds. I lost 4 terminators and my GM took a wound. The herald and a single plague bearer remained in comnbat with tau commad squad. Greater daemon of nurgle cont. to fire on imperial guard kiling several more.
Imperial gurad outflanked sentinals by epidemius causoing a single wound an no kills. He deep striked a vetern squad behind my last crusader and fired 2 meltas, both hit but he rolled snake eyes on pens.He fried the basilisk at the flamers and my GM and terminators. He caused 3 wounds on flamers and two on my terminators killing none. He then fired into the tau causing no damage.
Tau moved his forces towards the center of the board. He fired his broadsides at my last crusader throuhg cover. He penned, but i made the cover save. He assualted the last two plague bearers with his kroot killing both. His command squad cont. to be locked in combat with the herald and a single plague bearer. He consolidated his kroot out of cover.
Grey knights i moved my crusader 12" towards the kroot. I fired one bank of hurrican bolters at double tap range killing 4. They failed their leadership and ran off the board. My GM and terminators charged and killed the flamers.
Unfortunately we ran out of time, but we had a grea time playing. The GW stor only has 3 tables so this way we can get 4 players in a game on 1 table. It is a blast and there is a lot of carnage. I'll let everyone know how the next battle goes. The 3 land raiders ran better then I thought it would. Good luck and may the emperor protect.
brother captain sean
brother captain sean
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Nausaden Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:43 am

Excellent report brother Sean! A shame it couldn't have ended, but there was certainly a lot of action going on in the 3 turns Wink

In the future, spacing your paragraphs a tad more would make it easier to read, as a note.
Nausaden
Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1085
Army : Pure Grey Knights *Daemon Hunters*
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content