Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ghostwing at 1750 points

+2
slayer18
Corennus
6 posters

Go down

Ghostwing at 1750 points Empty Ghostwing at 1750 points

Post by Corennus Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:31 am

Ghostwings are cool right? Mordrak coming down with his knights on turn 1, run into cover, gain a 3+ cover save from Stealth, bring in everyone else on a 3+ on turn 2.
I can think of something better.
Everything else comes in on turn 2 using a 2+ roll! oh and everything can take objectives, deep strike, and D3 troop units can reroll wounding rolls of 1 in CC.

HQ

Grand Master Mordrak

Brother Captain
Rad & Psychotroke Grenades
Incinerator
Blind Grenades
Meltabombs
M/C Nemesis Force Sword

Ghost Knights (5 man)
X2 Nemesis Force Halberds
X 1 Nemesis Force Sword
X 1 Nemesis Daemon Hammer
Brotherhood Banner

TROOPS

Terminator Squad (5 man)
Nemeis Force Halberds x 2
Nemesis Daemon Hammer
Nemesis Force Sword
Psycannon

Terminator Squad (5 man)
Nemesis Force Halberds x 2
Nemesis Daemon Hammer
Nemesis Force Sword
Psycannon

Terminator Squad (5 man)
Nemesis Daemon Hammers
Nemesis Force Sword
Psycannon

Terminator Squad (5 man)
Nemesis Daemon Hammer
Nemesis Force Sword
Psycannon

Terminator Squad (5 man)
Nemesis Daemon Hammer
Nemesis Force Sword
Psycannon

All terminator units have each model wielding different wargear, so can allocate wounds. Admittedly this would be more effective if they could be Paladins, but the Force Sword gives them a 4+ inv save in CC, the halberds strike first against most enemies, and the daemonhammer.....it's a Str 10 daemonhammer after Hammerhand is cast so can take out anything.
The Brother Captain gives mordrak and his knights: Defensive grenades, psychotroke, -1 toughness on enemies (rad grenades) and meltabombs if the master crafted daemonhammer mordrak wields misses.

I think this list is pretty fluffy. against heavy mech it might falter. against hoarde armies it could be interesting as the 2+ armour saves come into their own, and against anything else.........you'd have to play and see

Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 664
Army : Ex player from 5th ed.
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Ghostwing at 1750 points Empty Re: Ghostwing at 1750 points

Post by slayer18 Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:45 am

Has anyone written a Draigo/Ghostwing list? That would be very interesting....not that this is not. Have you considered larger squads with brotherhood banners? More attacks is worth 25 points per squad in my book.

slayer18
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 198
Army : Grey Knights-5k, Ravenwing-1k(so far), Tau 2k
Registration date : 2011-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Draigo Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:09 am

I think a Librarain that strikes with Mordrack would be more usfull, his psychic Powers are stronger than the Grenades for Supporting the Unit and the Librarian can carry a Teleporter Beacon, though you dont have the additional communion, but i think that it isnt wirth it over the Librarian. Also i prefer only Halberds on the Ghosts, with good wound management you can summon new Ghosts wich automaticly will have Swords and increade the survivability ob the squad automaticly if its needed.
Lord Draigo
Lord Draigo
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2011-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:10 pm

Could you give each squad 2 Psycannons, or is that only for Paladins scratch
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by MindBullet Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:51 pm

I love the ghostwing it works great!! Have you thought of dropping the BC and a psycannon and adding Draigo? His EW and sanctified flame adds a huge punch to mordrak and his ghosts.. having 2 GM in the same squad scares the crap out of EVERYONE. they usually make it into turn three before the ghost die and your terminators are free to assault whatever you need them to.. I play an army just like this and it works the same way 90% of the time...

Good luck! May the dice gods smile upon you.
MindBullet
MindBullet
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 72
Army : first, Orks...... now Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaplain Thrace Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:45 pm

Hmm, might have to give this a try.

Although I'd make the terminator squads 10 man, and combat squad if needed.
I'd also look at trying to add the brotherhood banners, as they are a bargan for full 10 man squads.

@Constantine: It's paladins, as the restriction is 1 per 5 on the "ordinary" terminators and 2 per 5 paladins.

Chaplain Thrace
Chaplain Thrace
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 120
Army : Grey Knights of the 7th Brotherhood; Adepta Sororitas of the Order of the Ebon Chalice
Registration date : 2011-07-23

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:20 pm

MindBullet wrote:I love the ghostwing it works great!! Have you thought of dropping the BC and a psycannon and adding Draigo? His EW and sanctified flame adds a huge punch to mordrak and his ghosts.. having 2 GM in the same squad scares the crap out of EVERYONE. they usually make it into turn three before the ghost die and your terminators are free to assault whatever you need them to.. I play an army just like this and it works the same way 90% of the time...
Good luck! May the dice gods smile upon you.

Any chance of you sharing your list with us Brother?

Chaplain Thrace wrote:Hmm, might have to give this a try.
Although I'd make the terminator squads 10 man, and combat squad if needed.
I'd also look at trying to add the brotherhood banners, as they are a bargan for full 10 man squads.
@Constantine: It's paladins, as the restriction is 1 per 5 on the "ordinary" terminators and 2 per 5 paladins.

From what I have read, having the bigger squads is better because it allows you to be more versatile depending on your enemy.
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down