Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1000 pts GKs verses Tyranids

+3
Aubec le noir
Dark Bjoern
Cornix
7 posters

Go down

1000 pts GKs verses Tyranids Empty 1000 pts GKs verses Tyranids

Post by Cornix Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:06 am

Hi guys havent posted much in a while but I've been learning a lot from the holiday gaming and this match just goes to show you how much more i have to learn. This was also the first match i had the the IST models that i bought of a freind for $20 Aus which is pretty good.

GK list: GM, psychic hood, holocaust, with 4 terminators, 1 incinerator
10 man GK squad, 1 incinerator
5 IST
LRC, smoke and EA

I realised after i was a bit under points but it was because i tried to do the calculations in my head.

Tyranids: Hive tyrant, with bone sword, scything talons (i think), heavy venom cannon and hive commander.
Doom of maltai (dont thing thats spelt correctly)
Zonthrope
Brood lord with 20 genestealers
12 termagaunts
3 warriors (they had the 18 inch weaponary, sorry im not that up to date with tyranids)
3 raverners, rending claws

We rolled DOW and 3 objectives, i was obviously not pleased with this result, 3 objectives, 2 troops Sad The board was a 4 by 4.

I deploy first and pick the side with the most cover then place my IST in the center of the board. The GKs are place to the left side near 1 of my objectives.
He sets up with Hive tyrant on the field in front of the GKs and the gaunts and warriors in the middle on his side next to the objective.

Turn 1: I hop my terimators into the LRC and drive it up 12 inches. Everything else stands still. I shot the IST and kill 1 Gaunt (successful so far), GK fail to see.
He moves his zonthrope and Doom in but for some reason his tyrant is scared of my PAGKs and stands still Question
The only thing that manages to see because of night fighting is the warriors which kill 2 IST Sad

Turn 2: LRC moves up further, behind cover waiting to strike next turn then my GKs move back into a piece of terrain which was a good move if i had remembered why i did it in the first place. IST stood still and failed to hurt any gaunts. GKs pummel the gaunts and kill 9 of them leaving 2 left.

The raverners come down but scatter right next to my GKs Smile His hive tyrant moves to the right side of the board towards my LRC. The zonthrope and doom go towards my PAGKs. Raverners are obviously not for shooting and do nothing to the GKs, wish i could say the same about the warriors who kill the remaining IST Sad The zonthrope and the doom both pass their psychic test but the psychic hood denies them any kills. The hive tyrant fires his heavy venom cannon into the LRC and shakes the tank.

Turn 3: I was obviously not happy about the IST and made a very bad mistake, instead of standing still and killing the raverners i thought to move them out of cover first then kill them with my SBs Question This will cost me as you will see soon. The LRC moves up close to the objective then takes 2 wounds of a warrior with the assault cannon.

This was a bad turn for me. The genestealers came in on the side next to my GKs (now you see my problem), and the hive tyrant moves closer to my LRC. The genestealers fleet 6 inches (not that it was needed) and come right next to my GKs. To make matters worse the 1 time im not in cover the doom hits me and kills 5 guys Sad The venom cannon failed to hurt the crusader this turn and the zonthrope was denied again from the psychic hood. Genestealers obviously charge the GKs and my plan on turn 2 if you didnt get was to strike before the genestealers in cover, who knows what i was thinking Question I was obviously massacred.

Turn 4: I move up the crusader and drop out the terminators. The crusader does great killing 2 warriors and reducing the last warrior to one wound. The terminators wounds the hive tyrant 3 times but the armored shell saves him Shocked I then charge into combat and while the tyrant kills a terminator the GM wounds him 3 times then passes the force weapon test with 3 dice Shocked Shocked
I had multi assaulted the gaunts so i killed them as well. I consolidated up into cover.

The doom and zonthrope moves up and the genestealers start running to the terminators, infurated at their dead commander. The zonthrope blows up the LRC Sad
the one time he passes the psychic hood, obviously my GM was tired from the battle with the hive tyrant. The doom gets past the psychic hood aswell and kills 2 terminators (oh ****, this was not going good). I was smart here and removed from the front so that his genestealers couldnt charge but the warrior charged and was carved by my GM.

Turn 5: Something was awakened last turn in the GM and last terminator from the squad blowing up. They moved up and the incinerator along with GM storm bolter killed 11 Genestealers Shocked . They of course charge in and fight this epic duel while also dening the charge the genestealers. They broodlord and the 8 remaining genestealers managed to put 1 wound on the GM. The terminator armor glowing they attack but only managed to kill 3 genestealers Crying or Very sad. The combat doesnt end here though the GM seemed to be in the mood for char grilled genestealers and kills 2 more genestealers and puts a wound on the brood lord. The genestealers loss combat and loss 2 more members Smile

The zonthrope and doom charge into the combat in an attempt to mop things up but that was a mistake that cost them dearly. The broodlord and the lone genestealer attacks bounce off the terminator armor doing nothing then enraged the GM attacks killing the broodlord and the stealer. The last GKT takes a wound off the zonthrope, then zonthrope dies due to fearless.

Turn 6: The game goes on luckly for me and we went straight to combat. The GM's eyes glowing as he senses the end he puts a wound on the Doom then finishes him off with the force weapon.

It turned out to be a really close and intense game. I was a little disappointed in my IST but they are cheap and did ok as a fire magnet (somehow). Really should keep to my plan though and i could have done better.

Cornix
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 32
Army : Grey knights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1000 pts GKs verses Tyranids Empty Re: 1000 pts GKs verses Tyranids

Post by Dark Bjoern Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:27 am

Congratulation, Brother.
Indeed you have been very lucky. Your opponent had made some really bad decissions. 20 Genestealers WITH Broodlord?! For those 326 points i would field 40 Termagaunts and 20 Hormagaunts.
I´m not sure what to make with the Doom of Malan´tai. If you have some good dice rolls in the first two rounds she could be a real killing maschine, but one bad roll in the first round, it´s history.
And why, Throne on Earth, Reding Claws for the Reveners? I´m a big fan of the Rending Claws. But not for the Reveners. The points would be better spend for Deathspitter. That would give them 9 shots in the round when they deep strike.
If the Hive Tyrant had have the heavy Venom Cannon and Lash Whip/Bonesword, he could not have Scythe Talons. Damn, also too expensive in a 1000-point-list.
Dark Bjoern
Dark Bjoern
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1710
Army : Mechanicum: Taghmata Mourndark and House Taranis
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:50 pm

your GKT did well brother ... as expected ! Twisted Evil
and a GM could really a pain in the ass for tour opponent, couldn't he !! Twisted Evil
Aubec happy that you enjoyed your game pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nausaden Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:43 pm

Good to hear your Grand Master and Terminators picked up the slack and fought on against overwhelming forces.
Nausaden
Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1085
Army : Pure Grey Knights *Daemon Hunters*
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaplain Nero Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:22 am

Good job Brother, keep it up. Smile
Chaplain Nero
Chaplain Nero
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 62
Army : Daemonhunters Grey Knights, Dark Angels Deathwing
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Primarch Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:56 am

Good work! Sounded like an awesome game.

Likewise I agree with Bjoern about more troops.

I'm starting to think that a really big weakness for us will be if we face swarm armies with really huge numbers of cheap units e.g. 120 ork boyz (480 attacks in a charge Razz imagine that) in a 1000pt list. Simply because we don't have enough units to back it up.
Primarch
Primarch
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 461
Army : Grey Knights and a souless legion (crons)
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:16 pm

Nicely done. The Doom is going to be a real pain in the butt for a long time to come and you got through quite well. Gratz.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down