Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1750 army list

5 posters

Go down

1750 army list Empty 1750 army list

Post by erus04 Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:08 am

Hello everyone. I have been trying to develope a new army list for 5th Ed. and I think that this one might work. Comments and suggestions wanted.

HQ:
Brother Captain

Elite:
Inq
-pycannon
-power armour
retinue
-x2 plasma gun vets
-x1 plasma cannon servitor
-x2 sages
-x1 mystic

Troop:
x10 greykights
-justicar/frags,meltabomb,targeter
-x2 incinerators

x10 greykights
-x2 incinerators

x10 Inquisitional Stormtroopers
-x2 meltaguns
-rhino/EA,smoke,HK

Imperial Guard Platoon
command squad
-junior officer
-lascannon
-grenade launcher
1st squad
-ML
-plasma gun
2nd squad
-ML
-plasma gun

Heavy:
GreyKnight Landraider/EA,pintle storm bolter

GreyKnight Landraider Crusader

The hope for this list is that the two greyknight squads ride in the LR's with the BC in the LRC with a unit of PAGK. The stormtroopers will be used for tank hunting and the inq and inf plt will set up on a near obj and set up a strong base of fire.

erus04
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

1750 army list Empty Re: 1750 army list

Post by For the Emperor Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:03 am

HQ
You might want a Pyscannon to DS behind enemy lines for back armor. He could also then join the Inquisitor Squad to improve Leadership. OR You might want an Incinerator for added punch from the LRC. And you might want Hammerhand, to beat down walkers and instant death some IC's.
Anyway onto your Inquisitor
Drop Power armour, the points spent to upgrade to that armor aren't worth it. Artificer would be better, but you'd be better off buying an Inquisitor Lord for the Leadership, running away with Heavy weapons is aa real pain.
You might want to add smoke Launchers to your LR's vs. bright Lance, melta etc.
Hunter-Killer isn't worth it in my opinion, it's only one shot!.

One last thing, do you think your PAGK will survive a counter attack on the front lines?
For the Emperor
For the Emperor
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 281
Army : Daemonhunters
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by erus04 Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:22 am

Ok... These are all very valid points. Thank you for your feedback. Let me go over your suggestions.

In respect to dropping the lone BC I feel that this is a free kill point to give away. So I would have to say no to that idea.

I do like the idea of putting an incinerator on him, I could replace one of the PAGK's incinerators so that it gets true grit and I still get 2 flame templates. I will try that idea out.

As far as upgrading my inq I would love to, but I can't find the points without dropping models. I could get rid of the HK to be able to get smoke on the LR's, but I can't think of how else to get points.

If you have any suggestions they would be a help.

As far as the PAGK's surviving a counter attack. They would be utilized as a mobile force. I have no intention to drive them up into the middle of the enemy army and drop them off.

erus04
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:49 am

I like your list erus04.

The DH portion seems pretty good, but you might consider reallocating some points in your inducted IG. Ld 7 and 5+ saves means those squads will be running the first time the breeze rustles the bushes in front of them. A couple of suggestions:

1. Downgrade the LC or drop the Gren Launcher in the cmd squad and get vox casters for all.

2. Drop the LC and Gren Launcher and then try to find some more points to give all squads vox casters and your Junior Officer the Honorifica Imperialis wargear so that your squads can benifit from LD 9.

You've already got the LR, AT IST's , and two ML's for AT. Losing the LC won't be as bad as losing all 3 heavy weapons b/c of low Ld. Put that Cmd squad behind your other IG and watch your opponent's frustration grow when your IG won't run.
Coyote
Coyote
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 316
Location : Secret lair located underneath a volcano on a remote tropical island somewhere in the Pacific
Army : GK/IG
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by erus04 Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:30 am

I definetly have to say that you guys have been a great help. These are some great ideas. Dropping the Lascannon would definely give me enough points for the Honorifica imperialis and vox... dropping the grenade Launcher would also allow me a couple of extra points to play with. I will play with the points and see.

erus04
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by For the Emperor Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:17 pm

A few things I missed.
I believe with the Leadership Special rule you could get LD8. That means you might want to protect your infantry Command. You can do that buy adding a Medic or simply changing HV weapons to a Mortar to hide and 'go to ground'
I also I believe the FAQ for GK Land Raiders: Machine spirit rules means you won't need Extra Armour.
Also Pinitle SB can give leeway, because it doesn't really cause much damage, still cool.
So I believe you can get a Inquisitor Lord in there. But thats upto you mate.
For the Emperor
For the Emperor
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:12 pm

for the emperor wrote:
I believe with the Leadership Special rule you could get LD8. That means you might want to protect your infantry Command. You can do that buy adding a Medic or simply changing HV weapons to a Mortar to hide and 'go to ground'

I'm not exactly sure that I get what you're saying, but the honorifica imperialis would change the officer's stats including his Ld to 9.

I like the mortar though. It would be a great way to protect the officer to make sure you'll have his leadership for the other sqads while still getting some use out of the cmd squad.
Coyote
Coyote
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Location : Secret lair located underneath a volcano on a remote tropical island somewhere in the Pacific

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by erus04 Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:35 am

So, the general idea is to get rid of the HK off the rhino. Get rid of the lascannon and GL out of the command squad. And to give the officer the Honorifica. I think that I will keep the EA on the raiders as that way I will only ever have to use POTMS to shoot with and not for my movement. I could add smoke to them? And seeing as my plt is probably going to all be within 12" of my officer I don't think that I need vox casters. I do like the idea of hiding the squad with a morter... I just wish there was a way to keep the lascannon. How about not putting any heavy weapon with that squad, but just a melta gun? So should anything of high armor get close I can still blast them.

erus04
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by For the Emperor Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:57 am

Sorry Coyote I was trying to point out that Vox casters aren't needed if your deploying the units together, because of the leadership rule. Horonifica would only increase their LD by 1.
I got POTM wrong, the FAQ doesn't mention movement, I think I just read someone elses post that said it worked that way.
Though certainly sneaky your chances of destroying a tank are still low. If you really want a Lascannon (expensive) then add it to Infantry squad, it'll have more ablative wounds to protect them.
As for High armor, assault vehicles like Land Raiders, then just use a Multi-Melta servitor on the Inquisitor. Sit on the objective, if a tank moves into your killing zone, well he was asking for trouble...
I still think you need something more on your Brother Captain... Hammerhand, Pyscannon, Incinerator something like that. And I would suggest using GKT over GK's in the LRC, you'll be able to be soo much more agressive without losing out, instead of holding back.
For the Emperor
For the Emperor
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by erus04 Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:47 am

Don't get me wrong... I would love to make the second unit of greyknights into terminators... My only question is this. And I ask this because I have yet to play a 5th ed game. I will have the inf plt sitting on one obj. and then I would have the IST and the other unit of 10 PAGKs... Is that enought troops for a 1750 game? If you think so then I might very well replace a unit of PAGKs with GKTs. I just went with 2 units of PAGKs so that I had plenty of scoring units.

As far as the BC goes. I was already planning on giving him an incinerator. And wether he is with PAGK or GKT that unit will have another incinerator.

erus04
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by For the Emperor Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:36 am

There is certainly room for Grey Knight Terminators.
The reason I suggest it is, you have 5 scoring units with a backup Inq for deepstrike/fire support. And you'll have your GK's inside the LR for Counter attack/offensive play. The GK's inside the LRC are good but they might struggle a bit. What I'm trying say is the LR will cover both offesnive/defensive play, allowing them during last turns to capture enemy objectives. And your LRC+GKT will have a more defined role of Contesting/ahnilating.
Anyway hope that makes sense. :S Just my few cents
For the Emperor
For the Emperor
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:08 am

This has all got me thinking....I'm not the biggest IG guru so maybe someone can confirm my thoughts.

Could he add a commissar to his cmd sqad? Is that legal? I'm a little fuzzy as to how that would work with inducted IG. If so it would make the IG that much harder to break by giving the officer 1 more point of Ld and of course the summary execution rule.
Coyote
Coyote
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by erus04 Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:42 am

Ok... first off: No, I cannot take a commissar. Plus that would only make one of the squads in the plt last one more turn. It was a nice try though. Ok now on to the terminators. If I took out the 10 PAGK I could replace them with a 6 man terminator retinue for the BC. The termies will be vanilla and I can give the BC Hammerhand. I can then give the junior officer the honorifica imperialis while also keeping the lascannon he has. I will have to remove the grenade launcher and the HK from the rhino. I will also be able to put smoke on the raiders.

How does that sound? It should look like this:

HQ:
Brother Captain/Hammerhand
-x6 Greyknight terminator retinue

Elite:
Inq
-pycannon
-power armour
retinue
-x2 plasma gun vets
-x1 plasma cannon servitor
-x2 sages
-x1 mystic

Troop:
x10 greykights
-x2 incinerators

x10 Inquisitional Stormtroopers
-x2 meltaguns
-rhino/EA,smoke

Imperial Guard Platoon
command squad
-junior officer/Honorifica Imperialis
-lascannon
1st squad
-ML
-plasma gun
2nd squad
-ML
-plasma gun

Heavy:
GreyKnight Landraider/EA,pintle storm bolter,smoke

GreyKnight Landraider Crusader/smoke

erus04
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by For the Emperor Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:55 am

I think your a few points over, 29pts I believe.
Possibly you could drop the pinitle stormbolter, power armour and a stormtrooper.
For the Emperor
For the Emperor
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by erus04 Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:47 am

Oh, good catch. didn't have my codex with me. I will drop the pintle storm bolter on the LR one IST and the Inq power armour.

erus04
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by erus04 Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:20 pm

Hello again everybody. I was finally able to play a game, my first 5th Ed game with my greyknights. I used the following list and did fairly well seeing as how it was not only my first 5th Ed game but my first game in 7 months.

HQ:
Brother Captain
x6 Terminator Retinue

Elite:
Inquisitor(power armour, pycannon)
x2 sages
mystic
x2 plasma gun warriors
plasma cannon servitor

Troop:
x10 PAGKS
x2 incinerators
justicar(melta, frags, targeter)

x8 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers
x2 meltaguns
Rhino(EA, smoke)

Infantry Plt
-Cmd Sqd
junior officer(bolt pistol, CCW)
ML
GL
-1st Sqd
LC
Plasma gun
-2nd Sqd
LC
Plasma gun

Heavy:
Greyknight LandRaider(EA, Smoke, Pintle storm bolter)

Greyknight LandRaider Crusader(EA, Smoke)

The terminator unit went in the Crusader and the PAGKS unit went in the LR. I played 3 games. One against Nids and 2 against Space marines. The one agains nids was a draw, the first against space marines was a loss, however he only had 2 scoring models left to hold his objective. And the last one against the space marines was a draw. Not to bad for just shaking off the cobwebs. I see great potential for this list.

erus04
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:24 am

Good-looking list. All the units seem nicely rounded with the right weaponry for the task even though the mix of heavy and rapid fire weapons in your IG squads might be a bit of a disadvantage. Seven months and a new edition might take a little time to get the rust off, but at least you were in the fight right to the end. With a few more games under the belt you'll be turning those draws into victories.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:15 pm

Nice list, and good to hear you fared well in your first skirmishes!
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down