Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grey Knights VS Tau 2000 points.

2 posters

Go down

Grey Knights VS Tau 2000 points. Empty Grey Knights VS Tau 2000 points.

Post by Andarius the Red Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:34 pm

I chose to use the list available here to fight with. Andarius's List

My opponent chose this as his army list (I did not ask for his list I'm merely going over what I saw.

HQ
Tau Etherial

Elites
XV104 Riptide Battle suit
Twin-linked Plasma rifle
Fusion Blaster

XV8 Crisis Battle suit Team (x3)
Twin-linked Missile Pods
Plasma Rifle

XV8 Crisis Battle suit Team (x3)
Twin-linked Missile Pods
Plasma Rifle

Troops
Tau Fire Warrior Team (x12)

Fast Attack
Pathfinder Team (x5)

Pathfinder Team (x5)

Pathfinder Team (x5)

Heavy Support
Hammerhead Gunship
Missile Pods

Hammerhead Gunship
Missile Pods

XV88 Broadside Battle suit Team (x3)
twin-linked missile pods

Fortifications
Tau Shield Generator
Andarius the Red
Andarius the Red
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 433
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Grey Knights VS Tau 2000 points. Empty Re: Grey Knights VS Tau 2000 points.

Post by Andarius the Red Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:51 pm

Turn 1: Andarius; psychic powers rolled were Hammerhand, Gate of Destiny, Vortex of Doom and Sanctuary
I moved my Gunship up until it was close enough to the Tau enemy forced which had decided to bunker down behind open terrain pieces and the shield generator at the back of their location, the Crisis teams were held in reserve until then. Once in position I rolled off to see which of my forces would arrive via deep strike, resulting in all of my forces deploying successfully, however the fire warriors were able to fire pre-emptively on my forces killing 4 terminators in the process. Making a forward perimeter in front of his army I struck out against his broadsides and fire warriors with vortex of doom. Tragically I rolled badly and the vortex landed over my librarian's head, killing a single terminator. In the shooting phase I wiped out a single fire warrior team.

Turn 1: Opponent
Using his two gunships he used the blast shot with his rail guns and shot at my troops, killing 3 from one squad and 1 from another. The rest of his forces doubled back to gain distance and shot back once they were firmly away. None of which took a casualty.

Turn 2: Andarius
Setting my Gunship to hover mode I sent in my purifier squad to cast Cleansing Flame, brining two squads of fire warriors to half strength and the Ethereal's pathfinder squad running. My Terminators assault the broadsides and my 2 dread knights assaulted the Riptide, killing both. Both strike squads fired and killed the two odd pathfinder squads hiding in terrain.

Turn2: Opponent
Rolling for reserves both of his crisis suit teams arrived and annihilated my terminator squad with missile fire, his two gunships moved to redeploy and fired upon my purifiers, wiping them off the field.

Turn3: Andarius
Moving both of my dread knights up one attacked the Hammerhead gunship while the other faced the one crisis team behind my lines. My gunship returned to flight and aimed at the other crisis team. All three targets were destroyed with ranged and melee strike and the two strike squads harassed the Ethereal until he ran of the board.

By that time my opponent surrendered.
Andarius the Red
Andarius the Red
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 433
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:51 am

Excellent report Brother! For the Emperor!
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down