Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2000 points armored fist (using 5th ed so please update!)

4 posters

Go down

2000 points armored fist (using 5th ed so please update!) Empty 2000 points armored fist (using 5th ed so please update!)

Post by Corennus Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:23 am

Using 5th ed codex since I don't have 7th ed. please advise on changes to 7th Ed GK that could help this list idea.

Idea:

armored column of Land Raider and 4 rhinos advance up the field. strike squads lock on to the mystic / teleport homer and deep strike in without scatter and aid in unleashing hell.

Things to consider: Land Raider HAS to survive until it's near the enemy enough for the strike squads to DS in and do stuff. Hence techmarine. This army is not a good choice if you are against a highly mobile army like Dark Eldar or Eldar.

HQ

Inquisitor (Malleus)
Servo Skulls x 3

ELITES

Techmarine

Purifier Squad (5 man)
x 2 Psycannons
DT: Rhino

Purifier Squad (5 man)
x 2 Psycannons

TROOPS

Strike Squad (10 man)
Nemesis Halberd on Justicar
Psycannons x 2

Strike Squad (10 man)
Psycannons x 2

Strike Squad (10 man)
Psycannons x 2

Strike Squad (5 man)
Psycannons x 1

Strike Squad (5 man)
Psycannons x 1

HEAVY SUPPORT

Land Raider Godhammer

Purgator Squad (5 man)
Teleport Homer
x 2 Psycannons
x 2 Incinerators

Purgator Squad (5 man)
x 2 Psycannons
x 2 Incinerators

Is this list doable in 7th?

The whole idea is the land raider soaks up the enemy firepower while the rhinos form a column behind the raider. They advance up the field as far as possible with the psycannons hopefully scoring some hits. then they fan out and the strike squads deep strike in.......and hell erupts.

Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 664
Army : Ex player from 5th ed.
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

2000 points armored fist (using 5th ed so please update!) Empty Re: 2000 points armored fist (using 5th ed so please update!)

Post by Thunder Shark Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:28 am

It should be doable it our opponent gives consent.

Thunder Shark
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 376
Army : Grey Knights(growing and current)/Imperial Guard(retired)/Dwarfs(retired)/Lizardmen(Collection purposes)
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

2000 points armored fist (using 5th ed so please update!) Empty Re: 2000 points armored fist (using 5th ed so please update!)

Post by Corennus Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:40 am

So there is nothing to just update it to 7th ed I need to do?
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:01 am

HQ

Inquisitor (Malleus)
Servo Skulls x 3
No longer in the GK book, can only be an ally not the army HQ

ELITES

Techmarine
Now an HQ slot but can only be taken in addition to another HQ, so you would need to replace the Inq and Tech with another HQ to start with for 7th Ed - default is a Librarian and changing both for him will save you 14 points

Purifier Squad (5 man)
x 2 Psycannons
Due to psycannon's now being salvo weapons (if you move you fire at half range / if you fire you can't charge) they are no longer the load-out of choice for PA GK's - I would only arm terminators with them as they ignore those rules.

Incinerators all the way for me on the purifiers as you want them in combat. Every justicar can now carry a teleporter homer and you could here but you wouldn't because you are using the nemesis strike force detachment and getting your deep strikers in T1.... and drop the rhino's (trust me, I have a plan) save 45 points per purifier squad

Purifier Squad (5 man)
x 2 Psycannons

TROOPS

Strike Squad (10 man)
Psycannons x 2
The change to psycannon's, the points increase for strikes and the points reduction to terminators means you would swap all your power armour for terminator armour. Change to 15 terminators (3 psycannon / 3 hammer) and buy two of the squads land raiders as dedicated transports (for the Purifiers to borrow) 1085 pts

Strike Squad (10 man)
Psycannons x 2

Strike Squad (10 man)
Psycannons x 2

Strike Squad (5 man)
Psycannons x 1

Strike Squad (5 man)
Psycannons x 1

HEAVY SUPPORT

Land Raider Godhammer
You've added your raiders elsewhere so no longer need one in the heavy slot

Purgator Squad (5 man)
Teleport Homer
x 2 Psycannons
x 2 Incinerators
For all the reasons above regarding PA troops / psycannons and not needing teleporter homers on their justicars these are no longer worthwhile in my opinion. More than this the best unit in the codex is in the heavy slot and you want to max out on this.

Replace godhammer and both purgation squads with 2 dreadknights (hammer / heavy incinerator / heavy psycannon / personal teleporter)

Purgator Squad (5 man)
x 2 Psycannons
x 2 Incinerators

So how I would change this army for 7th edition:

librarian with stormbolter
techmarine
2 x 5 purifiers with incinerators
3 x 5 terminators with hammer / psycannon (turn 1 deep strike)
2 landraiders (any flavour you want)
2 dreadknights with all the toys

I guess what i'm trying to say is that the codex has changed a lot and not all for the better
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by elugin Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:54 pm

DOMIN4TRIX wrote:

Due to psycannon's now being salvo weapons (if you move you fire at half range / if you fire you can't charge) they are no longer the load-out of choice for PA GK's - I would only arm terminators with them as they ignore those rules.

I am likely to play next week, my first game in 5 years... I didn't notice that salvo is so bad for PAGK's psycannon. I'll have to change my list...
elugin
elugin
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 368
Army : Gray Knights, Orks, Biel-Tan and the Court of the Young King, plus High Elves for Fantasy fans...
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:35 am

So they've changed Psycannons again....

GRR

Ok. I'm assuming they still have the same range and shot values (2 if moving, 4 if stationery). So you move 12" in rhino (flat out) and fire 2 shots 12". Or you stay still and fire 4 shots 24".

Or you use Incinerators, move 12" in rhino (flat out) and fire incinerators 9" (template).

hmmm
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down