Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Master Varden Kai.

+2
Aubec le noir
Constantine
6 posters

Go down

Grand Master Varden Kai.  Empty Grand Master Varden Kai.

Post by Constantine Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:17 pm

As I am building the first Brotherhood I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the first's GM.
I am looking to identify his weapons, armour, heraldry..... Basically anything I can.
I found this via a quick internet search: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Vardan_Kai#.VAKFY9m9K0c
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Grey_Knights
But I was hoping that my Brothers here on Titan had more knowledge to share.
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Grand Master Varden Kai.  Empty Re: Grand Master Varden Kai.

Post by Aubec le noir Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:47 am

Nope ! Halas !
Did you Check the Realms of Chaos or Rogue Trader too ?
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbri Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:58 am

I believe each GM's heraldry is shown in the Chapter Organisation section where it lists what their specialty is.  I don't think anything else (loadout etc) is ever given so that you can fill in the blanks yourself without being constrained by canon.

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 712
Army : Grey Knights/Space Wolves/Imperial Guard
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Shark Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:08 am

Since dragio now a lord of war I'm going to use him myself. But anyway I thank they want us to ironicly decide his weapons and wargear for ourselves but eventually they will come out with some fluff once he get popular showing some wargear(which is a not so go combo) that he always uses.

Thunder Shark
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 376
Army : Grey Knights(growing and current)/Imperial Guard(retired)/Dwarfs(retired)/Lizardmen(Collection purposes)
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:20 am

Thanks Brothers.
I will have to give some serious thought as to what the Steward of the Armoury would be kitted out with. What seems to be the best load out for GMs in this edition?

I am definitely making a Draigo as well. My Draigo is actually pretty much finished, I just need to finish his sword and paint him.
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:29 am

for a GKGM its either hammer or falchions imo. depending on what AP you want. since hammerhand buffs you on S6 allready you dont have real need for +1S from halberds.

from then on either psycannon or the incinerator. the cuirass of martyrs is nice aswell and it beeing a relic might give you some conversion ideas to pimp out that terminator armour a bit.

Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1602
Army : Inquisitorial Army, Necrons, Dark Eldar, Daemons of Chaos
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbri Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:44 am

For my GM I gave him a fancy looking psycannon and since he still has a halberd from 5th edition,  I used it as the Soul Glaive.

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:34 pm

i love (as the ancient ones in this forum know) the psycannon !!
So my GKGM never goes out without it... and sticking with the fluff of my brotherhood he uses a sword, but i'm really thinking of adding a TP to his gear, just for the versatility
and maybe a relic... i don't know which one yet, but the armour could be the one ! Twisted Evil
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:57 pm

So.... Psycannon sounds like a given. How do you decide between the close combat weapons... What is best for a well rounded psycannon wielding GKGM?
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:47 am

Constantine wrote:So.... Psycannon sounds like a given. How do you decide between the close combat weapons... What is best for a well rounded psycannon wielding GKGM?

i feel so left out Crying or Very sad
Souba wrote:
or a GKGM its either hammer or falchions imo. depending on what AP you want. since hammerhand buffs you on S6 allready you dont have real need for +1S from halberds.

from then on either psycannon or the incinerator. the cuirass of martyrs is nice aswell and it beeing a relic might give you some conversion ideas to pimp out that terminator armour a bit.
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:18 am

Souba wrote:
Constantine wrote:So.... Psycannon sounds like a given. How do you decide between the close combat weapons... What is best for a well rounded psycannon wielding GKGM?

i feel so left out Crying or Very sad
Souba wrote:
or a GKGM its either hammer or falchions imo. depending on what AP you want. since hammerhand buffs you on S6 allready you dont have real need for +1S from halberds.

You are definitely not left out Brother! I appreciate your feedback very Much, I was wondering if anyone else had arguments as to why other load outs would be more optimal.  

I like the idea of giving my GM a psycannon and a hammer. I am just worried about it ruining his chances of survival in challenges because it makes him I1.... Valid concern, or should I just go for it? I do have a pretty cool conversion idea already Wink
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbri Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:47 am

I have the same concern, which is why mine has the Soul Glaive. I really dislike having 200pt+ models that hit at I1 unless they have Eternal Warrior. I ran the Soul Glaive again today and it did great. The rerolls combined with hammerhand mean he's probably landing 3-4 wounds on the charge, and only one of them has to get through to make the enemy explode.

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:51 am

Yup its nice. Sadly you cant combine it with the cuirass of martyrs.
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:32 am

Souba wrote:Yup its nice. Sadly you cant combine it with the cuirass of martyrs.

Ugh! I thought my problems were answered there for a second.
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Akoni Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:45 am

I think a GKGM with Falchions sounds the cheesiest option if the bunch. I would magnetize both the psycannon and incinerator depending on which may suit you better per game.

Looks like I need to order another Draigo model to convert for my very own GKGM. Smile
Akoni
Akoni
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 688
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbri Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:21 am

Nineteen73 wrote:
Looks like I need to order another Draigo model to convert for my very own GKGM. Smile
I went back and (carefully) cut Draigos arms off and then magnetised them. Since I never run Draigo + GM because of cost I get the best of both worlds with one model (and all my GKs are magnetised the same way so if I do take Draigo I can use the other arms and weapons elsewhere)

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:23 am

Nineteen73 wrote:I think a GKGM with Falchions sounds the cheesiest option if the bunch. I would magnetize both the psycannon and incinerator depending on which may suit you better per game.

Why stop magnetizing there brother? Do the weapons as well, and you will be good for generations to come! Razz
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:06 pm

Brothers, do you know if there is any reference material available for Brotherhood banners? I do not want to use the one in the GKT box.

Also, what are your views on how the banners should look? I know that generally Banners are tall rectangles with epic battle scenes on them... but I wanted to try something a little different. Do you think they should always depict battles or could they also be large heraldry?
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbri Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:25 pm

There's a couple of designs, including one for a first brotherhood banner, on page 67 of the old dex.
Usually the banners are for the particular Brotherhood, hence they depict some sort of honour they've won. That being said I don't see why you couldn't do a larger personal heraldry standard for the GM, sort of an upscaled version of the little banner Draigo comes with.
If I was doing it that way I'd go for a large square design. Put the GM's personal heraldry in the center, the chapter symbol in one corner, the Inquisition symbol in another, a Crux Terminatus or Iron Halo in another and then try and find something to do with the Brotherhood's role for the last corner (my Brotherhood is based on the 3rd who are the Librarius so I'd go for the horned skull librarius design).

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:45 pm

Great ideas brother! I have already built a custom banner for Mordrak but perhaps I can tweak it a little. Ultimately I would love to paint a banner depicting some great deed that Varden Kai and the First Brotherhood have performed, but I will have to see if my skills are up to it. This is what I have from the days of Mordrak:
Grand Master Varden Kai.  8D002B3B-2C85-4FFB-84D7-E165F04D4579_zpsef28ufmd
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down