Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dreadknight (Sanctuary)

+7
Aubec le noir
Constantine
bigbri
DOMIN4TRIX
azactaylor
Souba
Akoni
11 posters

:: Tactica

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dreadknight (Sanctuary) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dreadknight (Sanctuary)

Post by Pyriel Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:09 am

Yes cleansing flame is a nova and as such is does affect flying things.
Just that the strenght sucks against most things that fly that you really need to shoot down like helldrakes and super MCs.

Pyriel
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 539
Army : Pure GK, Salamanders, orks
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Asahiro Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:24 pm

Pyriel wrote:Yes cleansing flame is a nova and as such is does affect flying things.
Just that the strenght sucks against most things that fly that you really need to shoot down like helldrakes and super MCs.

Super. Thanks for feedback. At least something that hits them automatically and therefore force them to make grounding tests:-).. even dice can get tired of throwing 3+ all the time cheers

Asahiro
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyriel Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:38 pm

I was of the belief that in order to force a ground test you now actually have to wound the thing and even then its a small chance of success.

Pyriel
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 539
Army : Pure GK, Salamanders, orks
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Asahiro Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:55 pm

Pyriel wrote:I was of the belief that in order to force a ground test you now actually have to wound the thing and even then its a small chance of success.

You are right, brother - it has changed since 6th Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad ... my mistake.. at least till today I was not aware that cleansing flame has ability to hit the flyers Laughing

Asahiro
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thraxdown Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:45 pm

Yeah cleansing flame is how I got most wounds on the flyrant. Unfortunately didn't fail his grounding test either.

Thraxdown
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2012-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by azactaylor Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:31 am

As far as casting multiple powers from a Dreadknight, it is possible. The Rules do not determine how many psychic powers can be casted. However, most tournament scenes are saying that a model can only cast as many powers as his masterly lvl... and a lot of players in surrounding stores are starting to just house rule it.

The Gatling gun is not that bad! It works extremely well vs multi wound models... Necrons, Dark Eldar, have even taken out a few centurions. In every game against Tyranids, I have taken out 2 monstrous creatures with it. 1 ground and 1 Crone each time. When that happens, totally worth it. I would say for 30 points it is a solid gun. I have used it with the incinerator to obliterate A 4+... Incinerator hits and Gatling gun cleans up. I usually run one gun every 3 Dreadknights...

Cleansing flame is amazing, most of the time. I have killed 2 crones and put 2 wounds on one tyrant in one casting. Put a 10 man squad in a Space Wolf drop pod... you are golden! That gets you 4 WC dice... and two shots at casting it!

Do not forget about the Space Wolf formation... 1 HQ = Rune Priest and 2 Elite slots = 2 servitors... then you may take up to 4 drop pods! Not a bad deal for purifiers that are unable to deepstrike!

azactaylor
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:30 am

I don't have my rulebook with me but I'm pretty sure that it says that Mastery level restricts the amount of Psychic powers you can cast per model.
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:46 am

DonFer wrote:I don't have my rulebook with me but I'm pretty sure that it says that Mastery level restricts the amount of Psychic powers you can cast per model.

jup its written big within the first few sentences of the psychic phase rules.
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1602
Army : Inquisitorial Army, Necrons, Dark Eldar, Daemons of Chaos
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2