Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andarius's 7th Edition Grey Knights

3 posters

Go down

Andarius's 7th Edition Grey Knights Empty Andarius's 7th Edition Grey Knights

Post by Andarius the Red Sat May 31, 2014 1:06 pm

HQ
Grey Knight Librarian
Nemesis Force Sword
Empyrean Brain Mines
Mastery 3
3x Servo Skulls
Psy-Bolt Ammunition
230 points

Elites
Grey Knight Purifier Squad (x10)
7x Nemesis Force Swords
2x Incinerators
1x Daemon Hammer
Psy-Bolt Ammunition
Rhino Transport
305 points

Troops
Grey Knight Terminator Squad (x10)
9x Nemesis Force Halberds
2x Psycannons
1x Brotherhood Banner
Psy-Bolt Ammunition

Grey Knight Strike Squad (x10)
7x Nemesis Force Swords
2x Psycannons
1x Daemon Hammer
Psy-Bolt Ammunition
Rhino Transport

7x Nemesis Force Swords
2x Psycannons
1x Daemon Hammer
Psy-Bolt Ammunition
Rhino Transport
1075 points

Heavy
Grey Knight Dread Knight
Nemesis Great Sword
Heavy Psycannon

Grey Knight Dread Knight
Nemesis Great Sword
Heavy Psycannon
390 points
Total 2000 points

The psychic changes have led me to decide on re-arranging a few things from my current army, I've upgraded my Librarian to be psychic mastery 3 so that he could do more on the battlefield, I plan on using the sanctic demonology spells for him. The rest of my army required little changing but I felt that since purifiers have become far more dynamic now that cleansing flame is a nova power I'd switch out my interceptors for them. They are cheaper (both model and weapon options) and with the rhinos now given sanctuary as a psychic power my squads will have more survivability.

Last edited by Andarius the Red on Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andarius the Red
Andarius the Red
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 433
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Andarius's 7th Edition Grey Knights Empty Re: Andarius's 7th Edition Grey Knights

Post by Elric Greywolf Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:43 pm

The DKnight Psycannon is overcosted and not as good as the Incinerator. Sure, it can Rend...but against vehicles, that's a single hit with a 17% chance to Rend (which isn't very good), and against infantry it also probably won't Rend--and if it does, they have a cover save. Plus, it might scatter and miss completely.

The Incinerator is a much better option. It never scatters, has about the same range, and wounds most infantry on 2+. You can't hurt vehicles with it...but you're GK! To kill vehicles you have Psyflemen, Psycannons, and the lovely Vindicare.

Skip the 5pt Psybolts on your IC. It's much better to have a Halberd on some PAGK.

Sanctuary only benefits the Rhino's unit. Since the squad inside the Rhino is not part of the Rhino's unit, they don't get an invuln. You'll have to roll on Sanctic with your Libby to get that treat.

What do you plan on doing with your Termies? Riptides can have Interceptor, which would mean DS is out of the question. And Riptides also don't need to use Interceptor, which means walking is also a bad idea. They really need a transport.

Your shooting range is ~30" (including moving). This isn't very far. You need something to threaten your opponent's backfield.
Elric Greywolf
Elric Greywolf
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2013-01-29

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Andarius's 7th Edition Grey Knights Empty Re: Andarius's 7th Edition Grey Knights

Post by Andarius the Red Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:47 pm

Well positioned servo skulls make up for any poor scattering of the heavy psycannon and any deep striking units I decide to bring in. Yes the heavy incinerator is impressive but the heavy psycannon has superior range and a larger template, I've fired it into cover guarded models in the past and with or without a cover save they feel it all the same.

As for the rhino transport's psychic power ruling, attached dedicated transports count as being part of the unit of troops they are bought for, this is why they don't take up any slots in the organization table. The transport and its passengers are the same unit. Much like how a space marine bike squad can have an attached attack bike in their group, they are the same unit. Not only that but Sanctuary's dangerous terrain effect on daemons still counts, and since everyone but Grey Knights can use the daemonology psychic list we're going to see more daemons coming out of the woodworks than ever!

The Librarian is attached to the terminator squad, acting as both his bodyguard and a heavy assault force, since he is mastery 3 he can get 50% of the sanctic powers available. (plus primaris) All of which are powerful enough to keep my terminators alive long enough to do significant damage.

If I ended up with Vortex of Doom, Sanctuary and Hammer Hand I could use the vortex to harass the most likely opposition and then sanctuary to give my termies a 4+ invulnerable save after trekking closer. By the time I was close enough to assault the next turn or two I could use a combo of Hammer Hand and Force power from my halberds.

This feels like a more... Fun list for me. Smile
Andarius the Red
Andarius the Red
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rion Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:35 pm

There is also the 50/50 chance (given how your rolling for 3 powers) of getting summoning. Terminators with epic mobility. Combo with Sanctuary Termies dancing around the board with a 2+/4+ save. Meaning they can ignore most of the guns out there with Interceptor. And that goes up to 2+/3+ in CQC. If that's what you role I'd say relegate everyone but the Libby and Termies to anvil/camping duties. Only moving them towards the end of the game. 7th was very kind to us in this regard  Twisted Evil
Rion
Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 627
Army : Grey Knights, Knights Camlann (Space Marine)
Registration date : 2012-03-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Andarius the Red Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:29 pm

After a short skim through the new codex here's my planned revision of my 7th edition army.

HQ
Grey Knight Librarian
Nemesis Force Warding Staff
Storm Bolter
Mastery 3
Domina Liber Daemonica
165 points

Elites
Grey Knight Purifier Squad (x10)
2x Incinerators
1x Daemon Hammer
270 points

Troops
Grey Knight Terminator Squad (x10)
10x Nemesis Force Halberds
2x Psycannons

2x Incinerators
1x Daemon Hammer
Rhino Transport

2x Incinerators
1x Daemon Hammer
Rhino Transport
920 points

Fast Attack
Grey Knight Stormraven Gunship
Typhoon Missile Launcher
Locator Beacon
235 points

Heavy
Grey Knight Dread Knight
Personal Teleporter
Nemesis Great Sword
Heavy Psycannon

Grey Knight Dread Knight
Personal Teleporter
Nemesis Great Sword
Heavy Psycannon
410 points
Total 2000 points

Its far too early to tell if this is an improvement but so far I like what I've got, plus keeping it simple means avoiding complicated strategies. With the two dread knights on the field geared with teleporters they can now either blast whole squads or shot 6 shots into heavy elites or light vehicles, then mopping them up in melee. the squads in rhinos will be perfect for dueling out fiery justice on mass with the terminator squad acting as a death star/bodyguard for the librarian. The relic is an especially nice touch. I've decided on a gunship simply because its time I started using them, anti-armor has been my weakness and its about time I nipped that weakness out! 4Hunter-Killer Missiles and a twin-linked typhoon missile launcher will make short work of any tanks or heavy targets on the board, coupled with the purifiers riding shotgun to be deployed when needed.
Andarius the Red
Andarius the Red
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down