Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ordo Malleus "Project Exterminatus" (2k GK list)

4 posters

Go down

Ordo Malleus "Project Exterminatus" (2k GK list) Empty Ordo Malleus "Project Exterminatus" (2k GK list)

Post by Athelor Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:44 am

Hello Brothers!! Here's a list that combines fun and competitiveness (IMO) and I would like to share it with you all! If someone wants/can test it in his local meta and tell me the results I would be grateful as I 'm still bringing all the units together (I'm a Storm Raven , some Crusaders and Deathcults short) . So here it is:

Hq:
Coteaz 100 (Divination)
Ordo Malleus Inq w/ Terminator Armor + Hammer + Psycannon + Mater lvl 1 (Divination) + 3x Servo Skulls 119

Elite:
Techmarine w/ Rad Grenades + Power Axe 100
Vindicare Assassin 145 (in a Bolstered Ruin for the 2+ cover)
5x Palladin Squad w/ 2x Psycannons + 1x Halberd (the Justicar has it) + 2x Swords(the Psycannons have them) + 2x Hammers 315 (Malleus Inq with them)

Troop:
1st Henchmen Unit : 3x Plasma Cannon Servitors + 2x Space Monkeys + 4x Crusaders 190 (Coteaz with them)
2nd Henchmen Unit: 7x Death Cult Assassins w/ Power sword + Power axe + 4x Crusaders (Techmarine with them) 165
3rd Henchmen Unit: 5x Warrior Acolytes w/ Bolter in a Razorback w/ Heavy Bolter + Psybolts 75
4th Henchmen Unit: 5x Warrior Acolytes w/ Bolter in a Razorback w/ Heavy Bolter + Psybolts 75

Fast Attack:
Storm Raven w/ Typhoon Missile Launcer + TL Lascannons 230 (2nd Henchmen Unit + techmarine here)

Heavy Support:
Dreadnought w/ 2x TL Autocannons + Psybolts + Searchlight 136
Dreadnought w/ 2x TL Autocannons + Psybolts 135
Dreadnought w/ Nemesis Doom Fist with built in Heavy Flamer + TL Heavy Flamer + Psyflames 130 (in Storm Raven)

Fortifications:
ADL w/ Icarus Lascannon  (Coteaz mans the gun +1st Henchmen Unit) 85

Commend and Critique always welcome !!

Athelor
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 20
Army : Pure Grey Knights / Grey Knights with Inquisition
Registration date : 2013-05-25

Back to top Go down

Ordo Malleus "Project Exterminatus" (2k GK list) Empty Re: Ordo Malleus "Project Exterminatus" (2k GK list)

Post by Corennus Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:17 am

interesting list. looks a lot like ones i've done! lol

i'm not sure i'd take a paladin unit. I think a Purifier unit with mass psycannons (10 purifiers + 4 psycannons and halberds and daemonhammer) would be more impressive than a small 5 man paladin squad. More firepower, more CC ability...
Also your Malleus Terminator Inquisitor would be better being a xenos inq in power armour w/ prescience and psychotroke and rad grenades IMO..
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 664
Army : Ex player from 5th ed.
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Ordo Malleus "Project Exterminatus" (2k GK list) Empty Re: Ordo Malleus "Project Exterminatus" (2k GK list)

Post by Athelor Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:06 pm

Hey Corennus , thanks a lot for your reply ! You always C&C my lists and I'm glad you do as you provide very useful and nice options/ideas every time !

Now for Purifiers vs Paladins I would like to make a comparison in order to point pros and cons of these units:

Paladins x5 : 10 wounds for T4 models , 2+ save , 5++ save , 2x str 4 and 1x large blast str 5 and 8x str 7 (rending) shots , 10 atks power weapons 1 halberd (Init 6) and 2 swords (4++ CC) and 2 hammers (ap2 str 10) , Deep Strike --> 315 points

Purifiers x 10 : 10 wounds for T4 models , 3+ save , no ++ save , 12x str 5 (psybolts) and 16x/8x str 7 (rending) shots , 20 atks of witch 12 power weapons 5 halberds (Init 6) and 1 hammer (ap2 str Cool and 8 normal atks and Cleansing Flame --> 315 points

So we have same amount of wounds but better save and survivability with their invu for Paladins
6 times the shots and at +1 str (Psybolts) for the storm bolters of Purifiers but Paladins have the large blast (str 5) though it's 12" range
If the Purifiers move then we have the same amount of str 7 (rending) shots
At CC we have 2 more atks for Purrifiers counting the power weapons and 8 more normal atks but Paladins have 4 atks of ap 2 due to hammers
Clearly Cleansing Flame will put more wounds but will cost the use of Hammerhand so it's the same IMO (maybe I'm totally wrong here)
Paladins can Deep Strike (and there are 3x Servo Skulls) while Purifiers will need extra 40 points for a Rhino

For me the main advantages of Paladins are their survivability (better save and they have invu) and maneuverability (Deep Strike) while IMO both units go toe to toe in the amount of firepower and CC capabilities

Which Inquisitor to use is totally relevant with the choice you 'll make between the above units.. Malleus brings another Psycannon his Terminator armor (Deep Strike , better save and invu save) his str 8 (with Palladin's Hammerhand) ap2 hammer and Prescience of course .
Xenos brings his rad grenades for Init 6 str 6 (instant death for T4 models) halberds (but then no Cleansing Flame..) and psychotrokes and again Prescience

The list has a really good assault/mini death star unit (Death cults + Crusaders + Techmarine) , even better than Purifiers in CC and enough firepower from the other units .. The Paladins + Malleus are there to take the heat and have more than enough (again IMO) to overkill any unit that is in range ..

I really like the idea of Purifiers but unfortunately they are still marines when it comes to survivability and this is their main disadvantage..
But I really thank you for sharing your ideas  cheers 

Athelor
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:14 am

that is very true. Purifiers always have the problem of being simple marines at heart.

See how the paladins go. it's a pity you couldn't stretch to a Brother Captain and take rad grenades and psychotroke with your paladins...
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:38 am

just for comparison this is how I would run the list:

HQ

Coteaz (manning the quad gun)

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor
Terminator Armour
Psycannon
Prescience
3 Servo Skulls

ELITES

Techmarine
Rad Grenades.
Psychotroke Grenades

Paladin Squad (5 man)
x 2 Psycannons
x 3 Swords
x 2 Daemonhammers

Vindicare Assassin

TROOPS

Inquisition Warband (with Coteaz)
x 3 Servitors w/ plasma cannons

Inquisition Warband
x 5 Deathcult Assassins
x 5 Crusaders (to soak up firepower)
x 1 Banisher (gives fearless!)

Inquisition Warband
Psykers x 8
DT: Rhino

Inquisition Warband
Psykers x 8
DT: Rhino

FAST ATTACK

Stormraven
T-L Multi-Melta
T-L Assault Cannon
Hurricane Bolters

HEAVY SUPPORT

Dreadnought
T-L Autocannon
Psyammo

Dreadnought
T-L Autocannons
Psyammo

Dreadnought (in Stormraven grapples)
Heavy Flamer
Nemesis Doomfist w/ built in flamer
Psyflames

FORTIFICATION

Aegis Defence Line
T-L Quad Gun

First off. Yes I like psykers. 2 Str 10 AP1 large blasts is always fun to have. Haven't really changed anything else in your list, except the lascannon for a t-l quad gun (so much better than a lascannon IMO!).
Oh and deathcults now get psychotroke.
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelor Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:42 am

I don't really like Psykers but I can see their potential! Thanks for the tip!

Another option for my list is to cut 3rd and 4th Henchmen Squads (including the Razorbacks) and the ADL which will give me 75+75+85= 235 points back in total .. I can then add 2x Strike Squads of 5x Knights w/ psycannon each (110+110= 220) and have the Techmarine grab those psychotroke grenades . The reason is simple : We don't have a lot of flyers in my local meta (1 maybe 2 in rare occasions) which my Stormraven or the Paladins can handle and I also add Warp Quake which is really important IMO .. Also 10x marines have better survivability and maneuverability (they can also Deep Strike) than 10x Acolytes (even in Razorbacks) ..

What do you think of that? Sounds as a fair trade to me ..

Athelor
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelor Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:50 am

Ok so after a bit play testing and a lot of thinking I think this is how my list will finally look :

Hq:
Coteaz 100 (Divination)
Ordo Malleus Inq w/ Terminator Armor + Hammer + Psycannon + Mater lvl 1 (Divination) + 3x Servo Skulls 119

Elite:
Techmarine w/ Rad Grenades + Psycotroke Grenades + Power Axe + Servo Skull 118
5x Palladin Squad w/ 2x Psycannons + 1x Halberd (the Justicar has it) + 2x Swords(the Psycannons have them) + 2x Hammers 315 (Malleus Inq with them)

Troop:
1st Henchmen Unit : 3x Plasma Cannon Servitors + 3x Plasma Gun Warrior Acolytes + 4x Crusaders w/ Power axe 162 (Coteaz with them)
2nd Henchmen Unit: 7x Death Cult Assassins w/ Power sword + Power axe + 4x Crusaders w/ Power axe 165 (Techmarine with them)
5x GKSS w/ Psycannon + 4x Swords 110
5x GKSS w/ Psycannon + 4x Swords 110

Fast Attack:
Storm Raven w/ TL Assault Cannon + TL Multi-Melta + Hurricane Bolters + Psybolts 255 (2nd Henchmen Unit + Techmarine here)

Heavy Support:
Dreadnought w/ 2x TL Autocannons + Psybolts + Searchlight 136
Dreadnought w/ Nemesis Doom Fist with built in Heavy Flamer + TL Heavy Flamer + Psyflames 130 (in Storm Raven)

There are 44 models in total and can play both at Double Force Organization or 1999+1 games  cheers 

Athelor
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelor Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:36 am

Hello everyone!! The Project:Exterminatus is back for the 7th edition !!

So after a quick look in the new rules I think my list has to be update. So here's what I think I 'll run so far :

Hq:
Coteaz 100 (Divination)

Elite:
Techmarine w/ Rad Grenades + Psycotroke Grenades + Blind Grenades + Power Sword 115

Troop:
1st Henchmen Unit : 3x Plasma Cannon Servitors + 3x Plasma Gun Warrior Acolytes + 4x Crusaders w/ Power axe 162 (Coteaz with them)
2nd Henchmen Unit: 6x Death Cult Assassins w/ Power sword + Power axe + 4x Crusaders w/ Power axe + 1x Psycker (Divination) 160
3rd Henchmen Unit: 5x Bolter Warrior Acolytes + 1x Psycker (Telepathy) in a Razorback w/ Psybolts 85

Fast Attack:
Storm Raven w/ TL Assault Cannon + TL Multi-Melta + Hurricane Bolters + Psybolts 255 (2nd Henchmen Unit + Techmarine here)

Heavy Support:

We are at 1427 points ! So any suggestions of what units I should field to get to 2k ??

Athelor
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rion Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:18 pm

Maybe someday I'll find another list to put my Vindicare Assassin in. I miss using him.  Sad 

Anyway: I think you have a very solid core going on here. For your death cults though I'd say Sword/Maul combo is more versatile. You have plenty of AP2 weapons from the Crusaders and Techmarine's Servo Harness. But the harness is your only means of wounding high toughness models, Mauls can help with that. And doesn't waist their Initiative 5.

As for more units. To fit the theme, I'd say some unit's of Jakeros and Warrior Acolytes (With Carapace Armor, and bolters, Storm if you have the points), these units form the main battle line, in either a chimera or some ruins. Although you could maybe bring back the PAGK you used in your last build. Heck why not both :troll face:
Rion
Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 627
Army : Grey Knights, Knights Camlann (Space Marine)
Registration date : 2012-03-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elric Greywolf Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:51 pm

The Psychic Battery is a great idea I came up with.
1 Psyker, 2 Bolter Acolytes, Psyback - 70pts for 2WC and Objective Secured. Sure, they're both squishy units, but having a bunch running around to claim Tactical Objectives is pretty game-changing. Roll on Telekenesis (for the infinite-range Primaris or the 10/1 blast) or Sanctic (hoping for a D weapon).

You can fit quite a few of these into all sorts of lists. Add one unit and you've got a nice 1500pt list.

Add one of those. Add two 10xGKSS squads, with Psycans and Psybolts. Now you're at a full 6 Troops, and 20pts to play with. Consider dropping the Stormraven's Hurricanes and Psybolts, and two Bolter Acolytes, and giving both GKSS Rhinos.

Your end list will be:

GK CAD
HQ
Coteaz - 100
TROOPS
Warband, 3xPlasma Servitors, 3x Plasma Warriors, 4x Crusaders - 162
Warband, 6xDCA, 4xCrusaders, Psyker -160
Warband, 3xBolter Warriors, Psyker, Razor (HB, Psybolts) - 75
Warband, 2xBolter Warriors, Psyker, Razor (HB, Psybolts) - 70
GKSS, 10x, Psycans, Psybolts, Rhino - 280
GKSS, 10x, Psycans, Psybolts, Rhino - 280
ELITE
Techmarine, Rad, Psycho, Blind - 115
Vindicare - 145
FAST
Stormraven - 205
HEAVY
Psyfleman - 135
Psyfleman - 135
Psyfleman - 135

Total 1997
Elric Greywolf
Elric Greywolf
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2013-01-29

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down