Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grey Knight Codex Wish List

+17
Andarius the Red
SteelTitan
Brother Raguel
bigbri
Aubec le noir
Thunder Shark
Thraxdown
Klomster
DOMIN4TRIX
Sai
Dark Bjoern
Alladin the Paladin
Constantine
Souba
DonFer
Rion
Corennus
21 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Grey Knight Codex Wish List - Page 4 Empty Re: Grey Knight Codex Wish List

Post by rurik Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:16 am

Solodins should become IC (independant character) while they are taken by 1, so this way we can take them as guards of other units... (i imagine a strike squad with a paladin on front)

rurik
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2012-07-13

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbri Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:29 pm

rurik wrote:Solodins should become IC (independant character) while they are taken by 1, so this way we can take them as guards of other units... (i imagine a strike squad with a paladin on front)
Wouldn't this violate all their fluff (them being bodyguards to ICs/important people like apothecaries.) and the fluff of how our squads work (being led by a Justicar who forms the nexus for their power). Plus it also steps on the toes of SW Wolf Guards (who at least have fluff justification for it)

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 712
Army : Grey Knights/Space Wolves/Imperial Guard
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by rurik Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:03 am

bigbri wrote:
rurik wrote:Solodins should become IC (independant character) while they are taken by 1, so this way we can take them as guards of other units... (i imagine a strike squad with a paladin on front)
Wouldn't this violate all their fluff (them being bodyguards to ICs/important people like apothecaries.) and the fluff of how our squads work (being led by a Justicar who forms the nexus for their power).  Plus it also steps on the toes of SW Wolf Guards (who at least have fluff justification for it)

This not violate the fluff, because this would apply just when they go alone. I mean, it will be the justicar of the new unit.

rurik
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2012-07-13

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:07 am

It would definitely be stepping on the toes of the Wolf Guard and it fits their background much better.

Paladins are too busy polishing their armour to help out the normal (supper psyker) grunts.

If a squad had a relic or something I could see a paladin being sent along, but then can't you just stand him in the middle of the unit? He gets a cover save and the squad gets his hand-to hand expertise if required.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyriel Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:14 pm

Paladins: Point decrease to 50p a piece OR wargear cost decrease: falchions 3p, hammer 7p.

3 paladins base unit, one may take shooty weapon, justicar may take shooty weapon (lets face it, nobody takes 3 pallies since they only come with stormbolters).
For ever 3 added one more can take a shooty weapon.
This means the base squad can come with 2 shooty weapons making the squad finally an option to take and they still can have 4 shooty weapons per 10.

Dreadnought: another overnerfed unit. It costs around 30p more then a standard dread and for what? A measly 6++ if you roll for it and 1 psychic point?
Sorry but I have seen exactly zero dreadnoughts since the new codex came out.

Third unit that needs change is the purgators, even if there was no dreadknights around nobody ever takes these guys anyway.
The main problem lies with the shooty weapons themselves, a psycannon with a 12´range on the move and a psilencer that can only shoot while stationary is pretty much a death sentence for a an already overpriced unit like the purgators.
Maybe giving them weapon suspensors in the unit cost that affect all the weapons they can take in some way could actually see them on the table among all the dreadknight spam.

Pyriel
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 539
Army : Pure GK, Salamanders, orks
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:06 am

Agree on the Purgation squad. Still the worst we have, sadly.
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Shark Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:38 am

Also why couldn't they have chaplains and servitors for tech marines.

Thunder Shark
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 376
Army : Grey Knights(growing and current)/Imperial Guard(retired)/Dwarfs(retired)/Lizardmen(Collection purposes)
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:15 am

I think that special characters would be awesome! It would be brilliant to have a Chaplain and Librarian Very Happy
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyriel Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:24 am

Chaplains I think are not needed due to the initiation process. GK marines simply do not get morally corrupt or the inter squad dealings between an all psycher brotherhood is such that no one can become corrupt without the others "feeling" it.

No servitors for techmarines I think is because servitors can easily be corrupt and possessed. They are only simply and often already corrupted human brains in a cybernetic chassi. To much risk when the techmarine keept bringing them into the worst kind of deamonic incursions on a regular basis.

Pyriel
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:39 am

Pyriel wrote:Chaplains I think are not needed due to the initiation process. GK marines simply do not get morally corrupt or the inter squad dealings between an all psycher brotherhood is such that no one can become corrupt without the others "feeling" it.

I respectfully disagree Brother. There are NO absolutes. And if you are subjected to the most horrific and dispicable attentions of the dark gods, you are doing to need to debrief! (Yes I am a counsellor in real life Razz ) The grey Knight novels are a good example of this. Alaric lived on a Deamon world, fought for Khorne, adapted new gladiatorial fighting skills to his repertoire, AND got a freakin' Khorne brand!!!! To think that he could just come back and carry on as before without SOME cleansing is rediculous. IMHO of course Wink

Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:05 pm

well i'm not quite agree with you brother C. !
for me there's one and only Absolute - and that's why i loved the GKs in the first place - in 10 centuries there was no corrupted GK ... Not ONE !! Twisted Evil
after all they were made from the Emperor's gene seeds ! Wink
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:54 pm

Aubec le noir wrote:well i'm not quite agree with you brother C. !
for me there's one and only Absolute - and that's why i loved the GKs in the first place - in 10 centuries there was no corrupted GK ... Not ONE !! Twisted Evil
after all they were made from the Emperor's gene seeds ! Wink
Aubec pirat

That's because of Chaplain Durendin 😉
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyriel Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:36 am

You have a point C and in the fluff there are chaplains (how many however is not said).
I still maintain that the chaplains are not what made the GKs uncorruptable for 10k years (all other chapters have chaplains, some even lots and still THEY all fall).

I think that the debreef and testing of ones purity is a constant process within the brotherhood itself. Since all share the horrors equally (pretty much) they can all talk and share and since all are psychers there is bound to be some kind of emphatic field where if ones thoughts start to turn "dark" an automatic correction starts to take place pretty much even before it happens.
A gk cannot simply sit in a corner brooding with corruption growing and hiding it from everyone else, that is simply impossible.

Your point is valud though since if a gk is separated for a lenghtly time and all alone then naturally this process is unavailable to him and this chaplains would be indeed needed to "look into" those special cases.
I dont think a gk is 100% uncorruptible, that would make them into a totally different race then anything even closely resembling humans but they are damn hard to corrupt, far harder then even the primarchs that´s for sure.

Pyriel
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:26 pm

Agreed. Great points.
I remember reading an Ultramarines (Uriel) novel in which a GK administered rigorous testing to ensure that the marine wasn't corrupted. This suggests to me that there is testing and protocol in place, which individual GKs can use on their own, but ultimately would require IMHO a Chaplain to maintain/teach etc...
So.... I agree, GK do not generally require the extra support of Chaplains. BUT there remain situations in which they are required (Alaric). Hense the small number of GK Chaplains.
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:47 am

there's a point i must remember you brothers :
The geneseeds of the GKs are The Emperor one's ... so unless been an heretic i can't think of a fallen GK ... i just can't ! Evil or Very Mad Wink
seriously i really don't think that the Emperor's genes can be corrupted at all ! Evil or Very Mad
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Shark Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:41 am

Aubec le noir wrote:there's a point i must remember you brothers :
The geneseeds of the GKs are The Emperor one's ... so unless been an heretic i can't think of a fallen GK ... i just can't ! Evil or Very Mad Wink
seriously i really don't think that the Emperor's genes can be corrupted at all ! Evil or Very Mad
Aubec pirat

One of the best parts*fluffwise* is that none have ever fallen to chaos or even turned on the Imperium. So there are no Tau GK's

Thunder Shark
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Army : Grey Knights(growing and current)/Imperial Guard(retired)/Dwarfs(retired)/Lizardmen(Collection purposes)

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:42 am

Aubec pirat

That can really open up a great debate Brother. But it is not for the codex wish list thread.
Perhaps I will start a GK corruptibility thread to co tie this interesting conversation.
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Shark Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:44 am

Constantine wrote:
Aubec pirat

That can really open up a great debate Brother. But it is not for the codex wish list thread.
Perhaps I will start a GK corruptibility thread to co tie this interesting conversation.

I second this thread

Thunder Shark
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4