Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knights Camlann

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Knights Camlann - Page 2 Empty Re: Knights Camlann

Post by Corennus Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:58 am

when are you testing this army?
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 664
Army : Ex player from 5th ed.
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rion Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:30 am

Decided on Sternguard.

The play test is up in the air, hoping this weekend when I have a day off but I'm being dragged see my sister's new place Rolling Eyes and my next day off after that is a Tuesday so GW will be closed. So in short I have no idea.

Primary Deployment

HQ
Lancelon [Captain Tycho] (175pts)
Artorius [Reclusiarch] (170pts)
-Jump Pack, Infernus/Plasma Pistol

Elites
3x Sanguinary Priest (270pts)
-Jump Packs, Infernus/Plasma Pistols

Troops
2x 10 man Assault Squad (480pts)
-Sergeant has Power Sword and Infernus/Plasma Pistol, 2 Meltaguns with the Special Weapons Marines

Fast Attack
2x Hyperios Air Defense Platform (210pts)
-3 Turrets each

Secondary Deployment

HQ
Myrddin [Librarian] (190pts)
-Jump Pack, Infernus/Plasma Pistol, Psyker Master lvl 2: Divination Powers

Elites
1x 5 man Sternguard (105pts)
-4 Bolters and a Missile Launcher

Troops
1x 10 man Assault Squad (240pts)
-Sergeant has Power Sword and Infernus/Plasma Pistol, 2 Meltaguns with the Special Weapons Marines
1x 5 man Scout Squad (100pts)
-5 Bolt Pistols, 5 Camo Cloaks, 4 Snipers, 1 Rocket Launcher

TOTAL=1940 (1960/1970 if you count tentative Flakk Missile prices)
Rion
Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 627
Army : Grey Knights, Knights Camlann (Space Marine)
Registration date : 2012-03-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:56 am

I like the Reclusiarch. Much better HQ, and buffs any unit he joins.Even more if you play DC.
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:40 am

problem with reclusiarch instead of a librarian w/ unleash rage is that a reclusiarch only allows rerolls to hit with Litanies of Hate (Liturgies of Blood) when his unit charges. Unleash Rage gives you preferred enemy on turn you assault OR in opponent's turn.
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:45 am

And for same price as vanilla reclusiarch the librarian has a jump pack so can keep up with asasult squads...
Admittedly where the librarian falls down is lesser WS and no inv save...but you could have him at mastery level 2, shield of sanguinius and unleash rage...
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rion Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:37 am

It's the Reclusiarch's BS that is higher. They both have WS5. Even then though the Reclusiarch is simply a place holder; given how their breaking the codex updates I'll bet I can make a mean (even by Grey Knight Standards) CC monster.
Rion
Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:01 am

Corennus wrote:And for same price as vanilla reclusiarch the librarian has a jump pack so can keep up with asasult squads...
Admittedly where the librarian falls down is lesser WS and no inv save...but you could have him at mastery level 2, shield of sanguinius and unleash rage...

Actually the reclusiarch has one more wound, BS5, 4++, higher Initiative, rerolls to hit rolls (and to wound rolls if attached to DC, not only 1s), has one more attack and makes his squad fearless. Much better character in CC and shooting.  

On the other hand the librarian is only a GKSS with 2 wounds and WS5 (for 5 times its price). Granted Psychic powers are great but the BA Librarian is just too fragile. It cannot hold ground against any CC unit (and folds like wet paper in Challenges), not even light infantry, his shooting is not great and you need 50 points more to make him actually useful (Epistolary). What makes the Librarian an auto include is its points cost, but that was in 5th. 6th demands HQs to be more resilient and buff your army in several ways. The librarian can only support your army with psychic powers.
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:09 pm

i agree with brother donfer, the reclusiarch brings more to the table than the libby in addition to beeing tougher in general. that the libby has no acces to a invul other than beeing in terminator armor wich slows him down by a lot really hurts this list.

a benefit the reclusiarch also got is beeing able to get melta bombs. it may not sound much to have a single melta bomb in a unit with 2 meltas in it but if a enemy walker for example gets the charge on you that melta bomb can become quiet handy and 5 points aint that much considering you save more points with the reclusiarch.

vehicles may not be that much played anymore but some viable anti armour options are always a boon especially if out of nowhere a mech force shows up and you are not really "prepared" for it.

btw, brother corennus: does the edit function not work or why are there so many posts of you one after another in short time?with that the new system everything odd thing is possible Very Happy
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1602
Army : Inquisitorial Army, Necrons, Dark Eldar, Daemons of Chaos
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rion Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:51 am

Man looking back at my last post I realized I was more tired then I thought. Let me clarify the last part sense Souba and DonFer took care of the first part. Thanks guys!

I've been looking at the new Dark Angel Codex, and looking over some of their Chapter Relics my reaction: affraid

One in particular stands out. Mace of Redemption. Str+3 Ap3, Melee, Concussive, Blind, Bane of Traitors (its AP becomes 2 if going against anything from the Codex: Chaos Space Marines). So with a pistol that's 5 Str7 AP3/2 attacks on the charge. According to my math fully decking out the Company Master with Artificer Plate, A Shiny Mace, Plasma Pistol, Digital Weapons, Melta Bombs and a Jump Pack, Comes out to 185 points. And he confers Fearless and Preferred Enemy Chaos Space Marine to his Squad. Same points and even better in CC then a Reclusiarch.

So my brain starts ticking "Ok Dark Angels are more balanced between melee and shooting. So if they gave Dark Angels this kind of assault capability, then what are they going to do with Blood Angels, who are melee oriented?"

Bundle all that up and simply put when the Blood Angels codex gets updated sometime in the future (hopefully not years out. That's a long time to sit with a stand in) Generic Blood Angels Characters are going to become utter beasts in CC, even against Grey Knights. Granted all our guys need is 1 wound to kill. Yay Force Weapon rules. Twisted Evil
Rion
Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:22 am

Dark Angels are definitely much more tooled up than the old BA Codex, with the benefit of being the first Marine codex written exclusively for 6th ed. But BA always bounce back!

I found an old WD magazine that had the 4th ed codex updates for BA. back then Death Company were Elites, and didn't take up Force Organisation slots.....so who know what the 6th ed BA codex may be like.

Only thing is, we'll have to wait a while for new BA codex cause a few other chapters are due an update before them (Black Templars, Space Marines, Space Wolves.......)
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:56 am

not a tycho list, but something which would be very fluffy BA wise:

HQ

Reclusiarch
Jump Pack
Melta Bombs
Storm Bolter in place of boltgun

TROOPS

Death Company (30 man)
30 Jump Packs
Power Fist x 4
Infernus Pistol x 4

Scout Squad (5 man)
Locator Beacon
Combi-Melta
Missile Launcher
Boltgunx 3
Camo Cloaks

Scout Squad (5 man)
Locator Beacon
Combi-Melta
Missile Launcher
Boltgunx 3
Camo Cloaks

Scout Squad (10 man)
Sniper Rifles x 9
Missile Launcher
Camo Cloaks x 10

Assault Squad (5 man)
Meltagun
Melta Bombs

Assault Squad (5 man)
Meltagun
Melta Bombs

The sniper squad hangs back in a ruin near the rear of the board. their job being to see how much their rifles can take out infantry. The two 5 man scout squads deploy closer to the enemy. Their job is simple. survive long enough to bring in a MASSIVE death company down on the heads of the enemy.

The death company is simple. A massive wave of black to sweep aside anything and allow the assault squads to claim objectives (or the surviving scouts)
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content