Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheep shooty unit

2 posters

:: Tactica

Go down

Cheep shooty unit  Empty Cheep shooty unit

Post by Embolden40k Wed May 15, 2013 11:25 pm

Have just been shooting the breeze with a few mates about cheep anti-infantry fire power and how GKs can add that to there list, so I was thinking about cheep Strike squad alternatives, that can give a list that little extra punch.

So my suggestion was:

Inquisitor - Combi-Plasma, Psyker Lvl1 - 65pts
12 Henchman - Storm Bolters - 84pts
Total: 149pts

Inquisitor trades takes Prescience, but rolls on the table, Missfortune or 4+ Inv save are both good, Perfect Timing is also good against Horde style armies as well. This little unit, I think, makes a great addition to any GK force, of course, you can make it much cheaper and drop the Inquisitor if you're already taking one or Coteaz.

This unit is one of those units we all hate facing, it's not overly threatening, not overly difficult to remove when not in cover, but over the course of the game, hovering around 24" away it will whittle away your units.

Do you use cheep fire power units in your GK force? If so, what? I can see Servitors being good...
Embolden40k
Embolden40k
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 104
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar
Registration date : 2012-09-10

Grey knight
stats:

http://embolden40k.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Cheep shooty unit  Empty Re: Cheep shooty unit

Post by bigbri Wed May 15, 2013 11:39 pm

Since I started always taking Coteaz I take two cheap shooty units. 1 unit of 10 SB acolytes to camp objectives and 1 unit of 3 plasma cannon servitors.
The acolytes are okay at shooting, and if they get shot at they can go to ground. The downside compared to strike squads is they're much less survivable, and that makes them much less mobile. They tend to have to find a piece of cover to sit in and that isn;t always ideal with 24" guns.
The servitors I tend to run in a group on their own hiding behind my ADL. Yes they mindlock half the time, but the other half they generally get their points back in a single round of shooting thanks to only being 60pts.

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 712
Army : Grey Knights/Space Wolves/Imperial Guard
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Embolden40k Thu May 16, 2013 1:23 am

Servitors on there own, aren't they firstblood bate? Even going to ground, there are only 3 guys?

Could adding Power Armour to the Warrior Acolytes be an option it would make the squad 200pts+ pts before you add in the Inquisitor... so thats basically the same as a Strike squad, so defeats the objective here, which is to add cheep fire power to a GK list.
Embolden40k
Embolden40k
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 104
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar
Registration date : 2012-09-10

Grey knight
stats:

http://embolden40k.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down