Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to make a 1500pt army with what I have

+2
first strike
Brother Rilen
6 posters

Go down

Trying to make a 1500pt army with what I have Empty Trying to make a 1500pt army with what I have

Post by Brother Rilen Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:42 pm

H.Q - 230pts
Grand Master with a nemesis force halberd, melta bombs,
and a psycannon -

Elites - 375pts
Paladin 6 man squad
1 with Psycannon and Nemesis Force Halberd
1 with Psycannon and Nemesis Daemon Hammer
1 with Nemesis Force sword
2 with Nemesis Force Halberds
1 with Master Crafted Halberd

Vindicator assassin - 145pts

Troops
Grey knight squad 1 - - 150pts
1 with Nemesis Force Sword
1 with Nemesis Daemon Hammer
1 Justicar with Master Crafted Halberd
Psybolt Ammo

Grey knight squad 2 - 150pts
1 with Nemesis Force Sword
1 with Nemesis Daemon Hammer
1 justicar with master crafted Halberd
Psybolt Ammo

Heavy support
Dreadnought - 130
with Twin-linked Autocannons and Psybolt Ammo

Dreadnought - 130
with Twin-linked Autocannons and Psybolt Ammo

Purgation squad - 188pts
4 grey knights with psycannons
1 justicar with master crafted halberd

1498pts

My math may be a bit funky as it's late for me, but I wanted to make (or try) a list and see if anyone has an suggestions. These are really the models I have at the moment till I paid again, criticism is welcome as it'll only strengthen my resolve to make a better list. Thanks.
-Rilen

Brother Rilen
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-02-21

Back to top Go down

Trying to make a 1500pt army with what I have Empty Re: Trying to make a 1500pt army with what I have

Post by first strike Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:39 am

Well where to start. As these are the only models you have it will make it very hard to do a list different from what you have, so I will instead give you my opp on what could be improved in the units you already have.
G.M. - Always a solid choice and hard to go past in a pure G.K army, wargear options for him of note are Rad Grenades and psychoke granades, there has been a lot of discussion of late on which hand to hand weapon is best so this is down to your personal choice (I like the sword for the 3++ in hand to hand).
Palidins- not much to hate there as they are a solid unit, you could look at turning one into an inqisitor with a psy level, psy cannon in terminator armour to give them prescience. The are also a lot to spend on 6 guys that dont score at 1500pts so they could become terminators as well. (I know that you can always use grand strat for this, but this means that you are doing it in most games and there is so much more you can do with it).
Assassian- good firepower but soft.
Strike squads- would look to make them a 10 man squad, psy bolts would get cheeper as you would only have to pay for them once. Rhinos can be added when you get more models (get razorbacks as these can be used for both.
Dreadnoughts- A sold choice for heavy support options and if you are not going dreadknights then it better be these guys. At 1500 pts 2 dreadknights are hard for most armies to handle.
Perg Squad- never been my cup of tea, but when I did run them it was incins in a rhino.
What I am trying to say is that you need some speed or blocking units and rhinos fill that rolll well, but I know that you have limited models.
An agis line could also work for you.
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 409
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, Space Wolves, High Elf
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Trying to make a 1500pt army with what I have Empty Re: Trying to make a 1500pt army with what I have

Post by Omenos Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:08 am

Looking at the points costs, I think some of the numbers are wrong, the list as a result is 1510 points (the dreads are 135 points rather than 130 and I believe the MC halberd should cost a couple points more rounding it the squad cost to be 190 but I could be wrong on that one...)

I concur with first strike, I think you'd be better off using one of those psycannon paladins as an Ordo Malleus inquisitor with terminator armour (comes with a Daemonhammer as standard), psyker 1 and a psycannon and taking the paladin squad as a normal terminator squad.

The following list includes all the tweaks and revised points values and as an extra bonus, you won't need to change any of the models you have from the previous list:

H.Qs:
Grand Master (Halberd, Melta bombs, Psycannon) - 230pts
Ordo Malleus Inquisitor (Terminator, Psyker 1, Psycannon) - 120pts

Elites:
Vindicator assassin - 145pts

Troops
Terminator squad (3 Halberds, 1 Sword, 1 MC Halberds, Psycannon) - 230pts
Grey knight squad 1 (2 Halberds, 1 Sword, 1 Hammer, 1 MC Halberd, psybolt) - 150pts
Grey knight squad 2 (2 Halberds, 1 Sword, 1 Hammer, 1 MC Halberd, psybolt) - 150pts

Heavy support:
Dreadnought (2x TLAC, psybolt) - 135
Dreadnought (2x TLAC, psybolt) - 135

Purgation squad (4 Psycannons, 1 MC Halberd) - 190pts

Total: 1485

15 points spare... give your master psychotroke or rad grenades. The idea is simply to use and abuse the inquisitor to give your terminator squad prescience. The result is that your terminator armoured blob is cheaper and more efficient at range and in close combat at the cost of having only single wound terminators.

Omenos
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 88
Army : Knights of the Unconquered Sun (GKs), Imperial Fists (WIP)
Registration date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:11 am

Looking good, looking good.

But I'd give prescience to the Purgation squad. Much better 4 TL- psycannons than 1 right?
For a much better result, I'd drop the halberd from the GM for a sword (3++ in CC) and use those points on Psybolt ammo for your GKTs.

Other than that, I like the list.

Edit: Oh and the MC halberd on the Purg squad is just not necessary, I'd use them for some grenade fun on your HQs (or then again maybe not @3pts Razz )
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:55 am

Welcome to the forum Rilen

I agree with all above suggestions. The Prescience Inq running alongside the Purgation squad makes sense.

The question is - if your using an Inq and you dont have Palladins to be made scoring do you need an expensive GM. At 1500 points two HQ's are one too many for me.

You could max out the two Strike squads to 2x10 with the points you would unlock. Or go a million different ways - Interceptors - Stromraven etc

I understand the model constraints, it's just a thought for when your expanding your force next.
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by first strike Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:48 pm

In Omenis list Combine the strike squad and save the points on one lot of psybolts, they can combat squad later. Rad nades before psychotroke nades. (rad works all the time).
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Rilen Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:50 pm

Thank you all for the suggestions =) I will pickup 2 razorbacks when I get paid and try the Purg squad out. If they are not to my liking then I will remove them from the list.

Brother Rilen
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Rilen Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:44 pm

What if I got rid of the Vindicare and picked up 2 Razorbacks with extra armor, Psybolt Ammo, dozer? It'd be 140pts for both I believe. That way the GKSS's will have mobility?

Brother Rilen
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by slayer18 Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:57 pm

If you are going to go the razorback route, maybe you could spring for a Crowe model, too. I haven't ran purifiers since 6th came out, but you already seem to have your strike squads modeled for purifiers, just add the psycannons and enjoy the fearless, horde nearing troops.

slayer18
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 198
Army : Grey Knights-5k, Ravenwing-1k(so far), Tau 2k
Registration date : 2011-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by first strike Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:46 pm

Extra armour is just about useless to a grey knight vech, at the begining of the turn you can get rid of any stuned or shaken ressult on a roll of 3 to 10 on 2D6. Dozzers are good and psy bolts are a must on anythig that can use them.
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down