Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need advice for an 875 Inquistorial tourney list please

4 posters

Go down

Need advice for an 875 Inquistorial tourney list please Empty Need advice for an 875 Inquistorial tourney list please

Post by PurityinFlames Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:17 am

Ever since I looked in the GK codex, I've loved the Inquisitorial aspect, moreso than the PA and Terminators. My overall plan was to run Inquis only - however, my desperation to get a list ready to play, I've fallen into PA guys and dreadnoughts and the like

There's a charity tournament coming up £rd Feb and, having designed 3 lists, last night I set to assembling Coteaz and was reminded that I loved the Inquisitors.

So, I want to try and put together a competitive, but fun, list using primarily Inquisitors.

The rules of the tourney are that you only need 1 Troops choice, a HQ and then normal FOC apply. You can't exceed 875 points.

It'll be random partners to play with on the day

So what do people suggest? I realise that I'm going to have to take some non-Inquis stuff, but look forward to hearing the options and opinions

PurityinFlames
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2012-11-29

Back to top Go down

Need advice for an 875 Inquistorial tourney list please Empty Re: Need advice for an 875 Inquistorial tourney list please

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:08 am

Units of 8 psykers for str 10 ap1 large blast 36" range. A unit of arco flagelants in a landraider and some crusaders with a banisher.
Some servitors and monkeys

Back to top Go down

Need advice for an 875 Inquistorial tourney list please Empty Re: Need advice for an 875 Inquistorial tourney list please

Post by PurityinFlames Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:11 am

So far, I'm looking at

Coteaz
A.N. Other Inquisitor
Servitors with a monkey
Warrior Acolytes with some arco-flatulents

I'm thinking of running razorbacks with assault cannons and psybolt ammo

PurityinFlames
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:56 am

Lol flatulants hahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by PurityinFlames Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:07 am

I have some old Adeptus Arbites that I was going to use as Warrior Acolytes in Power Armour with some cyber mastiffs as arco flagellants.

Add an ape, maybe a psychic

They will need a chimera though - higher capacity

Just thinking Inquisitorial stuff will be a lot more fun and I can get more troops on the table

Maybe a bastion - although I'm noting my vehicle costs are running high

PurityinFlames
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:11 am

I'm not sure about the power armour. The arbites don't look power armoured and it makes them cost more than a chaos space marine.

With my daemonhunters I used dreadnoughts to represent 'heavy' sentinals. You still have time to build a couple if you wanted, but they could work out expensive.

Are you taking an assassin?
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by PurityinFlames Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:09 am

On some thinking, I'm going to run at least a Callidus, perhaps a Vindicare too; Although today's outing for my Vindicare resulted in volley after volley after volley of shots until he died

I'm going to run a Servitor unit, add a monkey and perhaps a Crusader. Inquis to stop mindlock.

That's one unit Very Happy

PurityinFlames
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by first strike Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:08 pm

What size boards will you be playing on?
Will assume 4 x 3.
At the points a caladus would be good as there should be several small squads to take out. But yes the vindicare will be shot to hell quickly.
Psyker squads in rhinos or chimers are competive, and deathcults with crusader support for survival can be good as well. At the low points would look at a agis or bastian as both could work but will depend on the build, the vindicare can all ways go in the bastion and shoot out a firing ports. If going for a inf build the the agis will give better results, if vechile then the bastion will give them something extra to hide behind without being seen on first turn.
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 409
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, Space Wolves, High Elf
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by PurityinFlames Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:36 pm

I don't actually know what size the boards will be - I'm thinking 6 x 4, because that's 2 tables put together at the venue.

I have just sprayed an Inquisitor, 3 Daemonhosts, 3 Servitors, 2 Deathcult assassins and a Callidus

I'm feeling much happier with this type of list, I still need to work out what else I'm going to be running, but I shall ponder that while painting tomorrow

And I'm going to basecoat 2 Jokaero before I go to bed. Tomorrow is going to be a busy busy day

Any tips on builds for Chimera?

PurityinFlames
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:57 pm

Show us your ideas for the lists. 6x4 seems massive for such a small game. 4x4 would be ideal.

Back to top Go down

Post by PurityinFlames Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:01 pm

Bear in mind, it's a random doubles game; so we're going to be playing 1750 games, 2 generals each side...

I need to put a clear army list together, but parts of the list are coming up neatly...

PurityinFlames
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:05 pm

Oh doubles... 6x4 then.

Post a list.

Back to top Go down

Post by PurityinFlames Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:20 am

Okay, here's what I have so far in my list

Coteaz
Ordo Malleus Inquisitor with Hellrifle and Daemonblade

Callidus Assassin

Inquisitorial Warband - 3 Servitors (2 heavy bolters, 1 melta), Deathcult Assassin, Daemonhost and Jokaero
Inquisitorial Warband - 5 Warrior Acolytes with hot shot lasguns, Jokaero
Razorback with Heavy Bolters, psybolt ammo
Inquisitorial Warband - 3 Arco Flagellants, 2 Banishers, 2 Crusaders, 2 Deathcult Assassins
Chimera - multi-laser, heavy flamer, pintle mounted storm bolter

Dreadnought with assault cannon, missile launcher and psybolt ammo

Leaves me at 864 - so I have 11 points left for tweaks; I could psybolt the Chimera for 5, or add another body somewhere to the Warbands. Not so sure servo skulls are going to work for the Inquisitor, because they will then detract from IBEY. However, that's my WIP list. I need to find some decent acolyte models now...and a spare assassin

PurityinFlames
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by volvoe Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:39 am

I think a good idea is running 3 Acolytes in a Razorback with Psybolt Ammunition is very cost effective. Str 6 AP4 TL Heavy 3 Armor 11 for 62 points! I also think having 2 Jokaero is better than just having 1 because it negates any roll of 1 in the upgrades that Jokaero gives. Another good idea is perhaps running an Aegis Defense line with a Quad Gun. There probably won't be any fliers but you're basically buying an autocannon (TL Heavy 4 Str6 AP4?) and giving your guys a 4+ cover save.

So basically I recommend at least 2 squads of 3 Acolytes in a Razorback + Heavy Bolter + Psybolt Ammo for shooting and capturing objectives (62 pt Psyback is probably most cost effective in 40k). And if you run Jokearo run at least 2 in a squad either in a rhino or chimera.

If you really want to have fun with divination you could run a techmarine + conversion beamer, or even make a techmarine for close combat to give your henchmen "And They Shall Have No Fear"

Just some of my suggestions. Very Happy
volvoe
volvoe
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 223
Army : Purifier Variant
Registration date : 2012-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by volvoe Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:43 am

I also think that Servitors could be better with Plasma Cannons than heavy bolters. You could have heavy bolters on your Razorbacks with a higher strength for 5 points. Divination + Plasma lowers the chances of Gets Hot! so keep that in mind too.
volvoe
volvoe
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by PurityinFlames Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:49 am

The constraint is getting any more Jokaero in - I don't actually have any more models and proxying is forbidden!

I'm also, at this point, constrained in terms of painting time and assembly time (and I seem to have lost the feet for my dreadnought!)

I'm having a trial game with the above list next weekend, thinking of adding another daemonhost to the close combat warband.

PurityinFlames
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by volvoe Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:10 am

For a close combat warband I would think that a 4 Crusader 6 Death Cult Assassin Split was good enough. I think running the two Jokero you have together is better than having them in separate squads because of Divination. Also if you get assaulted you could say that their shooting flamers for that turn and that gives you 2D3 (rather than one) for hits for overwatch with flame template.

Having random henchmen in your group does add flavor and seems a lot of fun. But when playing remember to deploy or organize them accordingly so you receive all perks. But I'd keep it simple and run squads that I don't have to constantly remember the rules for. Instead of Flatulents I like running a techmarine with DCA because that gives you Hammerhand. But yeah I think the 3/4 Crusader and 7/6 DCA is standard enough for Close Combat. Power weapons might not be as strong but they are still AP3. But hey I haven't tried out all the different henchmen so have fun running what ever you want to! Daemonhosts seems pretty fun, as well as the idea of running Psykers.
volvoe
volvoe
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:36 am

There's so much that's wrong with the posts you guys make. I couldn't be bothered to reply to them all. Ill make my life easier with one simple question.

Do you want to win or are you playing for fun?

Back to top Go down

Post by PurityinFlames Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:32 am

I'm playing for fun; if I was playing to win I'd run a force I'm more familiar with

I love the random elements in the list I have and, while it may fall flat on its face, it may also have some moments of pure inspiration!

I'm thinking of dropping the Banishers though, I forgot to give them the big choppy chainswords and without them, they're wasting points...

PurityinFlames
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by PurityinFlames Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:22 am

The list is now as follows (with 5 points spare so any advice on dozer blades and the like would be vastly appreciated!) - the current proposal is to have a servo skull and searchlights on 2 of the vehicles...

[HQ]
Inquisitor Coteaz (100 points)
100 points

[HQ]
Ordo Malleus Inquisitor (25 points) with
Hellrifle (+15 points)
Daemonblade (+15 points)
55 points

[Elite]
Callidus Assassin (145 points)
145 points

[Troops]
Inquisitor Warband 1 consisting of
2 Servitors with heavy bolters {10 points each} (20 points)
1 Servitor with Multi Melta (10 points)
1 Daemonhost (10 points)
1 Deathcult Assassin (15 points)
1 Jokaero Weaponsmith (35 points)
90 points

[Troops]
Inquisitor Warband 2 consisting of
5 Warrior Acolytes with carapace armour, hot shot lasguns and chainswords {13 points each}
(65 points)
Jokaero Weaponsmith (35 points)
100 points

[Dedicated Transport]
Razorback with twin linked heavy bolter (45 points) and
Psybolt Ammunition (+5 points)
50 points

[Troops]
Inquisitor Warband 3 consisting of
3 Arco Flagellants {15 points each} (45 points)
2 Crusaders {15 points each} (30 points)
1 Daemonhost (10 points)
3 Deathcult Assassins {15 points each} (45 points)
140 points

[Dedicated Transport]
Chimera with multi-laser and heavy flamer (55 points)
Pintle Mounted Storm Bolter (+10 points)
65 points

[Heavy Support]
Dreadnought (115 points) with
Assault Cannon (+10 points)
Missile Launcher (+5 points)
Psybolt Ammunition (+5 points)
135 points

PurityinFlames
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down