Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

one tacticia to teach them ... one tacticia to rule them all

+10
Vecuu
Tiberian
DonFer
Souba
DOMIN4TRIX
Rivan
Sai
bigbri
first strike
Klomster
14 posters

:: Tactica

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

one tacticia to teach them ... one tacticia to rule them all - Page 3 Empty Re: one tacticia to teach them ... one tacticia to rule them all

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:00 pm

Mmmm I might write that one up. And I might do purifiers as a 4 aswell if I have time today.

Back to top Go down

one tacticia to teach them ... one tacticia to rule them all - Page 3 Empty Re: one tacticia to teach them ... one tacticia to rule them all

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:11 pm

Have you added the Valeria post yet?
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:36 pm

Oh! No I have not. Thanks for reminding me! I've been busy at work lately!

Also... Should we round valaria down to 3 base? I've never seen anyone use her.

And... What do you guys reckon of the scoring system? Can we change the sentence structuring to make it better? More accurate? And...

What do you think of the layout, can we make the thread more showy? Or professional or whatever?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:53 pm

I think the wording is fine as it is for each rating.

I do recommend changing the % to portray a bigger difference from 5 to 3 and so forth:
5 - 90%
4 - 75%
3 - 50%
2 - 30%
1 - don't even think about it Laughing
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:58 pm

75% for rating 4? How I thought about it was, 4/5 = 80% of 100% so of thing. Where as I see 75% as 3/4 times. I dunno just my 2 cents.

But I agree with the rest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:12 pm

Well, 80% for Rating 4 is okay. I was just thinking of the separation b/w 5 and 4. So you think 10% is enough? Should we make Rating 5 around 95%?
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by first strike Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:17 pm

Have no problems with Valeria being a 3, she is situational and needs to be used in the right way or will just do nothing.
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 409
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, Space Wolves, High Elf
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:37 pm

I dunno. Like I stated all ratings are subject to personnel skill and/or usage. If your a complete noob even taking an army of rating 5, you will still suck majorly.

You have the title of "official" grandmaster, you make a decision Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:46 pm

Grandmaster Arratak wrote:I dunno. Like I stated all ratings are subject to personnel skill and/or usage. If your a complete noob even taking an army of rating 5, you will still suck majorly.

You have the title of "official" grandmaster, you make a decision Razz

Taking into consideration the variables of personal skill and experience, let's keep Rating 5 at 90% and Rating 4 at 80% then Smile
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:24 pm

I bow to your infinite wisdom of great rivan!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:54 pm

Grandmaster Arratak wrote:I bow to your infinite wisdom of great rivan!

Right Razz I basically just confirmed your initial % for Rating 5 and 4 anyway lol!
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:02 pm

Good, now your my scape goat in case anything goes wrong "rivan approved it, take it up with him" Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:31 am

What do you guys think of my purifiers? Anything to change/add?

Unit type: Infantry
Unit name: Purifiers
Rating: 4

Brief description: purifiers are the elite choice of our power armoured troops. With 2 attacks each and the ability to take 2 special weapons per 5 models is great. They get access to cheaper melee weapons aswell. With castellan crowe, they become troops choices and can score. They come with stormbolters like and ap3 force weapons but they also get a great little psychic power called cleansing flame. Which is great against hordes and blobs! If you army needs that little bit extra "punch" in it to deal with certain units, purifiers are great!

Brief tactica: first off, load out for the purifiers, they get halberd and hammers at discount prices so I would recconmend replacing the swords with halberds for initiative 6 and throw in a hammer (not on the knight of flame) becuase they all have 2 attacks. Also, as I said earlier, they are elite so they can take two special ranged weapons per 5 models. Psycannons are the best option so the whole unit can fire at 24". Incinerators are free and great for killing blobs and they have their place, and are viable to take. But psycannons preferably.

On to uses, powered armoured marines, I would throw these guys are blobs and hordes and other powered armoured units, with I6 halberd they are a great counter to a lot of units. You can equip them 2 ways, really strong shooting and average close combat abilities OR strong combat abilities and moderate to strong shooting capabilities.

Back to top Go down

Post by first strike Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:25 pm

That looks fine Arratak.

Unit type: Independent Character
Unit name: Brotherhood Champion
Brief description: The Bro champ has average stats, except for his weapon skill which will see him hitting most things on a 3. 2+ 4++ save but only one W. He is the chaplin of the Grey Knight army and lets his squad reroll attacks on the charge.
All the equipment options he has are not worth takeing unless you have the points spare and nowhere else to spend them. In hand to hand he must take one of three stances, Sword Storm, good against blob squads but normaly only if the combat goes on for more then a phase, Blade Shield, only good for keeping himself alive (dont see much use for this one), Rapier Strike, this is what you will normaly go to. Psy level 1 with all the normal spells and Heoric Sacrifice, if killed in close combat then he has the chance to take his opp with him. Sellect one model in base to base and roll to hit, if you hit them (remember to reroll if you charged) then you drag them kicking and screaming to hell with you.

Basic tactics: Place him in a squad, now this can be a strike squad as his abilities will make them good in close combat but realy only on a turn when they charge so I would advise purifiers or Death cults mixed with crusaders. Charge the enemy warlord and remove with your hand to hand or die and take him with you.
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:40 pm

A 4? Really... I don't use the champion, at all really. So perhaps someone else can comment. But 4 seems like.... To high? Do people run his in low games? 150 points is a hell of a lot.

The only benefit I see from this guy is; 1. He is a suicide bomber. And 2. If you win combat you can sweeping advance because your hq isn't in terminator armour.

As for your recommendation on the units he equips to. I like the henchman idea better then the strikes quad. Becuase that henchman warband is a dedicated assault unit. Plus he can hammer hand. If you equip your DCA's with sword and axe you strike at base initiative of like 6 or I think. With +1 str and ap2. Which is nasty. But then with hammerhand Very Happy

Anyway DCA's is another unit I must write up. I just can't seem to sit down for 10 minutes and gathers thought on one unit without getting side tracked.

Actually now that I think about it, normal marines with powerfists and thunder hammers are generally ws4 so needing 5's to hit the champion and then 2's but then we save with a 3++ in close combat.. Normal marines with those weapons are generally seargents with 2-3 attacks and termies with 2-3 attacks, striking at initiative 1. So only against terminators would the brother hood champion struggle. Not being able to crack the 2+ armour and then we would save 2/ wounds.

1 hit > 1 wound > 1 save. Very slim odds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:36 pm

Blah! After my coffee I'm ready for some math hammer! If need be Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by first strike Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:38 pm

If not a 4 you would be placing him in the same level as Valeria, also he is only 100pts, not 150, 150 is a Brother Captian, and yes he is a suicide bommer that could work several times in a single game. I also said that it could be a strike squad but I do not advise it, death cult/crusader bomb is where I would be looking, purifiers just become a little expensive.
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:23 pm

Sorry yeah your right 100pts, I didn't have the codex on hand.

Should we perhaps move Valeria to a 2? She's 140 pts and I see the brotherhood champ being slightly better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:25 pm

He's not a bad character at all within his realm of duelling an enemy character or monstrous creatures . He hasn't many attacks, but he re-rolls to hit and wound: he only needs one wound to activate his force weapon and eliminate that one character. If that fails there is the heroic sacrifice.

I think he could work pretty well as described in the background, guarding a HQ choice. If there is an enemy character capable of laying the smack down on your grandmaster or librarian you can put the champion into a challenge and but up the blade shield. With luck the 3+ re-rollable saves you, if not you still have a last gasp with heroic sacrifice. Meanwhile your other character is carving through the enemy rank and file.

That said, most people would probably take an extra librarian.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbri Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:05 pm

I really want to like the Champ but I just can't justify his use. The problem with his CC abilities, is smart players will use regular characters in challenges to blunt his damage potential. The other problem(and this is the biggest one IMO) is that Prescience is so much better, and can be easily obtained through a cheap and customisable Inq.

Last edited by bigbri on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 712
Army : Grey Knights/Space Wolves/Imperial Guard
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:55 pm

bigbri wrote:I really want to like the Champ but I just can't justify his use. The problem with his CC abilities, is smart players will use regular characters in challenges to blunt his damage potential. the other porblem(and this is the biggest one IMO) is that Prescience is so much better, and can be easily obtained through a cheap and customisable Inq.

I totally have to agree with you, in all aspects. That's why I don't rate him a 4.

But good discussion none-the-less. So keep it up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:41 am

So what are we doing with Valeria and the brotherhood champ? What have people decided on?

3 or 2 for Valeria.

4 or 3 for champ.

Tbh, there's just better Hq's. he's so far down the list.

However, first strike, I do love that idea about sticking him with combat henchman!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberian Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:41 am

I would say both Valeria and champion are a 3, they both have their strengths and weaknesses and are both well worth their points cost. Both are pretty strong in close combat neither are particularly dangerous from a distance except for Valerias single shot death pistol. But like Arratak said there are better choices, at least for my play style. Come, to think of it maybe they're both a 2.5 not quite 2 not quite 3. Very Happy
Tiberian
Tiberian
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 112
Army : Grey Knights, Tau, Orks
Registration date : 2012-01-16

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:55 pm

I edited in the brotherhood champion! Thanks first strike for that great write up!

The ratings are subject to change so if more people reckon 3 the. We can change it. At the moment it's a 3.5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:14 am

Unit type: vehicle (tank)
Unit name: Landraider Crusader

Brief description: The landraider crusader is our AV14 anti-infantry assault vehicle. It comes with hurricane bolters and an assault cannon. It has a transport capacity of 16 PA models or 8 TDA models. It has some great tactical upgrades that really make the landraider crusader shine! With the changes to defensive weapons we can now fire all of our weapons on the move. (Snap firing some) but it still boosts the damage output of the landraider. With the change in meta a landraider is worth considering in higher point games.

Brief Tactica: AV14 is a great defensive threat to your opponent and the weaponry on the landraider really makes it a threat aswell! Use it to deliver a combat orientated unit safely into battle. It's larger size really helps block LoS to units that disembark and also it's hard for the enemy to reach your units. Either having to charge the landraider or stay 1" away and move around it. There's so many great uses for this long forgotten tank, but hopefully these should help you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next