Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fortress of Redemption?

3 posters

Go down

Fortress of Redemption? Empty Fortress of Redemption?

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:36 pm

Im toying with the idea of building a list around the Fortress, this is what I've come up with - would it work?

GM, OSR (maybe he will get lucky with the relay - mainly here to make the Interceptors scoring)

Cortaez, prescience (takes control of the Icarus lascannon)

Vindicare (takes control of the krakstorm silo for a maximum scatter distance of 4" and deadshot wound allocation)

Warband: (Cortaez's squad, the acolyte's man the 4 extra heavy bolters. Prescience on 7 heavy bolters)
3 x heavy bolter Servitors
9 x Acolyte's

3 x Warband: (extra twin-linked shooting and cover for the Dreads)
3 x Acolyte's
Razorback, psyammo

2 x 10 Interceptors, 1 hammer, 2 psycannon each (to be reserved/hid behind the Fortress until needed for objectives)

3 x Psydreads

Fortress of Redemption, Krakstorm Silo, 4 heavy bolters

DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Fortress of Redemption? Empty Re: Fortress of Redemption?

Post by itsuperslug Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:55 am

trouble is that you army will mostly be in a single, big, target.

couple of SM vindicators, LR demolishers, manticors will make very short work of it (the FoR).

the landing pads good. Cant be destroyed and either allows accurate deep striking on it or gives every one on it a 4++ save
itsuperslug
itsuperslug
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 180
Army : ultramarines, grey knights
Registration date : 2010-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:11 am

Good point. I face the same risk as a deathstar army does in that a big template can knock out an expensive section of my army.

On the plus side the fortress is so big it would probably take 4 templates to destroy it completely. The gunners would obviously die if they didnt make their invun saves but each gun emplacement has T7 so would need to be hit twice. With Interceptors in reserve I could have new gunners in position for my next shooting phase.

I would hope that with that much firepower I could eliminate all the most serious threats by turn 2.

I'm a fan of the landing pad - it can make our dreads very durable though the extra ranged firepower offered by the fortress is enticing.

I might be tempted to drop the OSR from the GM and have him fire the Lascannon instead of Cortaez. This would mean the Lascannon and heavy bolter fire wouldn't have to all be aimed at the same target which would be a waste.

With the spare points I could swap a few Acolytes for Crusaders with Axe's, the invun and prowess in assault would help.

I intend to try this out at the earliest opportunity. Any other tweaks you could recommend?
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Overlord Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:16 am

There are definitely some Pro's to this list. I like some of the synergies with weapon control allocation to maximize effectiveness. It could also be very useful as a diversion as it will most certainly be the focus of your opponents’ attacks allowing your scoring units some flexibility/time which is how you’re going to win most games. At almost 300 points, it seems like a lot to dump into one piece and is pretty risky.

I agree with the choice to drop the OSR.

Give it a shot and let us know how it works.
Overlord
Overlord
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 120
Army : Grey Knights/Chaos SM/Orks/Tyranids
Registration date : 2011-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down