Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordrak and Brother-Captain 1500

+5
bigbri
shadow
DOMIN4TRIX
Newtpow
volvoe
9 posters

Go down

Mordrak and Brother-Captain 1500 Empty Mordrak and Brother-Captain 1500

Post by volvoe Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:37 pm

HQ:
Grand Master Mordrak w/ 5 Ghost Knights (5 Halberds)
GK Brother Captain w/ Blind Grenades, Psychotroke Grenades, Rad Grenades, NF Sword, Incinerator, 2 Servo Skulls Digital Weapons

Troops:
2 x GKSS (4 Storm Bolters w/ NF Sword, 1 Psycannon, Justicar w/ Halberd) in a Razorback w/ TL Heavy Bolter + Psy Ammo

Fast Attack:
GKIS 3 Storm Bolters w/ NF Sword, 1 Incinerator, Justicar w/ Halberd

Heavy Support:
Psyfleman Dread
DK w/ Personal Teleporter and Heavy Incinerator

I felt that Mordrak was lacking in the sense that he didn't have many options to choose from (i.e. grenades) and tried finding an IC that could deepstrike with him on turn 1 while adding more fire power to his squad. If an intercepter squad with an incinerator is really good, wouldn't an incinerator on a termisquad that deep strikes turn 1 (with out scattering) also be really good? Very Happy

Comments and concerns are welcome

Last edited by volvoe on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
volvoe
volvoe
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 223
Army : Purifier Variant
Registration date : 2012-04-06

Back to top Go down

Mordrak and Brother-Captain 1500 Empty Re: Mordrak and Brother-Captain 1500

Post by volvoe Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:10 pm

Oops I just realized that MC is to re roll hits not to re roll wounds... Razz
So editing the MC Incinerator.
volvoe
volvoe
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Newtpow Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:33 pm

Well i thought about Mordrak lists a few times Smile I find that 1500 points is to low to play it (except as only HQ. but that isnt that badass Razz )

Your problem is that u have only 10 marines as troops. In objective games that ll be a problem, if your opponent focus them. Even with Grand strategy... so easy to roll a 1.
Newtpow
Newtpow
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2011-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:10 pm

I would put your faith in bodies rather than grenades, If Mordraks psycannon-less unit T1 deepstriked anywhere near my army it would get around 40 stormbolter and psycannon shots up its nose.

A deepstriking incinerator would be good assuming no transports. I always saw Mordrak as a feint to distract your opponent rather than something to actually go toe to toe with his main force.

This might change however in a double FoC. Mordrak + 5 ghostknights + 3 more IC's would certainly attract some attention!
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by shadow Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:02 am

I agree with what the guys say, he's a good idea but at 1500pts I don't think he's worth it as you need to build a whole list around him really.
shadow
shadow
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2011-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by volvoe Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:46 am

Hm, if you were to take another GM instead of a brother captain would that mean you could use Grand Strategy Twice?

Also what are your thoughts on a Libby in the new 6th edition? Would we continue with codex powers or the new ones?

Which army size do you guys think Mordrak is best capable in?
volvoe
volvoe
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbri Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:24 pm

volvoe wrote:Hm, if you were to take another GM instead of a brother captain would that mean you could use Grand Strategy Twice?

Also what are your thoughts on a Libby in the new 6th edition? Would we continue with codex powers or the new ones?

Which army size do you guys think Mordrak is best capable in?
Yes if you have 2 GMs you get two GS's, but each unit can only be given one regardless.
Libbies are still a solid choice in 6th and they do better with the codex powers as they can take 4-5 and make full use of them(2 in your phase 2 in opponents etc)
I personally find Mordrak best at around 2k. he and his knights are a lot of points, and to make the most from aggressive deepstriking they need lots of fast back up klike Interceptors and teleporting NDKs.

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 712
Army : Grey Knights/Space Wolves/Imperial Guard
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by volvoe Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:07 pm

Many thanks brothers!

I'll be working on a 2k list now.
volvoe
volvoe
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by flaxis Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:09 am

Brother Bigbri,

How does the libriran take 4-5 powers he is stricted by his mastery level which can at most be 3? Ah CODEX powerrs not main rule book ones... Nevermind me. Remember you have to pay the points for those, where as the ones from the main rule book at free.. up to his mastery level.

I think you can have 2 GM's but you will only get one GS of on type. Or it maybe a unit can only recieve it once a source.... not sure.

Brother Flaxis

flaxis
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2011-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Meizei Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:13 am

There is one, but atleast only one, Huge flaw in this list. You don't have enough Anti-armor. I mean, besides Mordrak, no one has an hammer, so your only other option is the Dreadknight. So against Armor-Heavy lists (Imperial guards for exemple, or Space Wolves assault lists with land raiders) your dreadknight will be prioritized, probably shot down at first turn, and all you will have to count on to bring down heavy armor will be Mordrak, and sadly, he can't cover a whole map, and trust me, Imperials and Tau won't stick in one little spot against such a list. They will spread.

Have atleast one hammer in each group (Ghost knights don't even pay for them, I always use 2 Halberds 2 Hammers 1 Banner formation on my terminators/Paladins) if you don't wanna end up being cought out of ressources against heavy armor, and make sure your other units will attract attention or elsewhat your Dreadknight will be focused down very quickly. Everything is very high cost in this list so there's nothing certain, every loss is a heavy one, mostly in a 1500pts game so make them count. Blow up the heavy weaponry quickly. You have the Mobility for good targeting, and the general toughness of the units in this list will surely be a pain for your opponent if you can do this.

Enough said, To glory Brother!

Meizei
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by first strike Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:15 pm

volvoe wrote:Oops I just realized that MC is to re roll hits not to re roll wounds... Razz
So editing the MC Incinerator.
Master Crafted flame weapons will reroll to wound so you have not made a mistake.
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 409
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, Space Wolves, High Elf
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberian Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:16 pm

Meizei wrote:There is one, but atleast only one, Huge flaw in this list. You don't have enough Anti-armor. I mean, besides Mordrak, no one has an hammer, so your only other option is the Dreadknight. So against Armor-Heavy lists (Imperial guards for exemple, or Space Wolves assault lists with land raiders) your dreadknight will be prioritized, probably shot down at first turn, and all you will have to count on to bring down heavy armor will be Mordrak, and sadly, he can't cover a whole map, and trust me, Imperials and Tau won't stick in one little spot against such a list. They will spread.

Have atleast one hammer in each group (Ghost knights don't even pay for them, I always use 2 Halberds 2 Hammers 1 Banner formation on my terminators/Paladins) if you don't wanna end up being cought out of ressources against heavy armor, and make sure your other units will attract attention or elsewhat your Dreadknight will be focused down very quickly. Everything is very high cost in this list so there's nothing certain, every loss is a heavy one, mostly in a 1500pts game so make them count. Blow up the heavy weaponry quickly. You have the Mobility for good targeting, and the general toughness of the units in this list will surely be a pain for your opponent if you can do this.

Enough said, To glory Brother!

I agree, Ghost Knights are a little bit of a gamble because they die if Mordrak dies but he is worth bringing and is not an independent character so he can only attach with the Ghost Knights. I do wish, however, that they could carry a psycannon.
Tiberian
Tiberian
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 112
Army : Grey Knights, Tau, Orks
Registration date : 2012-01-16

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content