Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions on Combat Patrol

3 posters

:: Tactica

Go down

Questions on Combat Patrol Empty Questions on Combat Patrol

Post by Tiger10 Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:57 am

I noticed people must not play combat patrol very often, but I wanted to ask at this point level do you use the standard force organization chart or is it more like a couple of squads and thats it. For such low points how do you think the new grey knights can go, what units and how would you play.
thanks Very Happy
Tiger10
Tiger10
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 197
Army : Grey Knights, Tiger Warriors Space Marines, 14th Elysian
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Questions on Combat Patrol Empty Re: Questions on Combat Patrol

Post by Alkarys Mon May 07, 2012 10:32 pm

Our community is very small, and we don't have a big official GW center or local. We then must play at residential homes, and the friday nights are crowded, so, 400 pts games are still popular.

However, the new codex is not very efficient in this way.

From experience, I found that using simple humans is not very cost effective and useful. They die too quickly and are not very cost effective. Spamming PA GKs is not very effective either, since other armies can pack ap3 weapons and the like easily, and vehicles, especially walkers like a reinforced sentinel (dread have too much armor, not permitted), are a real pain, melee or shoot.

I found that the best combination for a 400 pts gk army is to rely on vehicles for protection, and purifiers are the key.

My setting is :

No hq : (none permitted in the codex, all 2+ protection or 3 wounds)

2 razorback : 1 TL heavy bolter and 1 TL assault cannon. Psybolts are a must, for 5 pts, they are well worth the cost, and the most effective anti-vehicle.

(5 or 6, doesn't remember) standard GK troops : kept minimum, but a hammer doesn't hurt, and two psycannons for the two fire points, deals a lot of hurt.

6 purifiers : kept bare except for a hammer. (fearless, 2 attacks instead of 1, and their psychic power is a REAL help)

I never won a game before, and had only a couple draw games. But since using this setting, I never lost a game yet, all win. I played against IG, orks, necrons, space wolves, blood angels (ouch! for them), eldars and tyrannids, it's proven and effective.

Alkarys
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Tue May 08, 2012 4:19 pm

You could have an inquisitor as an HQ if you really wanted.

You can't have 2 psycannons in the strike squad though so you'll have to give one to the purifiers I guess.

Also, the razorbacks don't have firepoints.

Otherwise I figure you've crammed as many knights into 400 points as you can.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down