Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First time 1500 points

+3
Jotan
Tiger10
OrangeCrow
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

First time 1500 points - Page 2 Empty Re: First time 1500 points

Post by Souba Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:51 am

there are limitations to it. you have to field 1 HQ and 2 Troop choices.

maximum is 2 HQ selections max 3 elites, 6 troops, 3 fast attack, 3 heavy support.

if you take a unit of terminators for example they take up one troop slot in the force organisation chart. i hope this helps
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1602
Army : Inquisitorial Army, Necrons, Dark Eldar, Daemons of Chaos
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by OrangeCrow Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:22 am

In the grey knights the max says only 1 HQ though, so does that mean I should disreguard it?

OrangeCrow
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2012-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:15 am

the GK FAQ has precised the personal teleporter moves (same for the DK too) 1 and only move of 30" in the battle except the first turn of arrival if you use DS and if you don't use the 30" move : 1 12" move every turn.

i have to check but i think that in the french traduction of the GK codex the army scheme is the general one : 1HQ + 2 Troops as a minimum and up to 2HQ, 3 elites, 3 FA, 3HS and 6 Troops for a max in a force.
If you want 3 or 4 HQ you have to fulfill all the slots above first and then add a minimum of 2 troops ! affraid

i don't know if i made my point clear scratch ... if not please tell me ! Wink

Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:28 pm

The minimum for all codexes is 1 HQ and 2 TROOPS.

All armies can have UP TO: 2 HQ, 6 TROOPS, 3 ELITES, 3 FAST ATTACK and 3 HEAVY SUPPORT.

Except for Space Wolves, who can have take 2 HQ's for each HQ slot giving them a maximum of for HQ's. But this is because they're Space Wolves and they're cheesy anyway Razz Not to worry, we have our own cheese since we have the only terminators in the game that can carry grenades lol.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by OrangeCrow Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:46 am

ok

OrangeCrow
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jotan Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:29 am

So after play testing an interceptor squad in my army, I highly recommend (retract my previous dislike for them) them. The way I used them was using the GMs Grand Strategy and making them a troop choice. I kept them in cover and my opponent completely forgot they were on the table and at turn 5 I shunted them right up onto an objective, contested it, and ended up tying. They proved to be extremely sneaky and useful, so I apologize for dissing them earlier, they might be my favorite new unit.

Oh and by the way, if you're playing against SMs or another army with a 2+/3+ save, the halberds do very well. I do agree that they are a lot of points, but damned if they didn't cut down an entire Assault Squad with a Chaplain in two turns after they assaulted me!! It was awesome and terribly entertaining to watch my opponents frustration... Twisted Evil
Jotan
Jotan
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 29
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2012-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by OrangeCrow Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:19 pm

So since this is a general army should I include halberds of not?

OrangeCrow
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jotan Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:52 am

I think so, but others may have a different opinion, although I do have to say that within one turn they earned their points back by killing 4 Assault Marines in one fell swoop!
Jotan
Jotan
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by OrangeCrow Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:05 am

Keeping in mind that my aim is to produce an army that is reasonably effective against as much as possible within 1500 points, Where would the halberds fit in when I'm taking a gkgm or draigo (rounded 300)and for tank busting a psifleman dreadnought. So my original plan was to use the rest for termies but it looks like an interceptor aquad would be good for quick movement. So with that in mind does anyone have anything against that extremely basic and detailess plan? Now I need to get a more in depth plan so Within the next few days I will try to put a full list together for your judgment but until then please continue with the ideas, this has really helped so far.Also how long is the average field used?

OrangeCrow
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by OrangeCrow Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:06 am

Also thinking of taking Thawn, any thoughts on this?

OrangeCrow
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jotan Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:13 pm

1. The Halberds are expense but effective at cutting down infantry and possibly Independent Characters, always throw a Demon hammer on the justicar in case of a close combat with a Dread, and you can use it to tank pop i.e. Strength 9 hammer, use Hammerhand to make it strength 10 and you can pop Land raiders with glancing 4s and pinning 5s.

2. I wouldn't put too many points into the GM, only because I've found that it leaves less room for your troop and vehicle upgrades. I'm running my GM with a digital close combat weapon and that's the only upgrade I have for him.

3. Psyflemen dreads are great, I love them. You can use them to pop transports and most light armor tanks, and also direct their strength 8 rounds on objective holding infantry.

4. Remember that all GKs have grenades, including Termies, so they can also pop light armor in Close Combat.

5. If you were in a scenario (this happened at a local Ard Boyz tournament) that calls for a unit to stay alive and in the case of the tournament it was a "messenger", Thawn was absolutely broken in the sense that he pretty much can't die as long as you roll well. I wouldn't put him in a 1500 pt army because there really is no point to having a 75 pt Termie that most likely can't die. I may be wrong, but I have only heard of him being played once and it was in that Ard Boyz scenario.

6. Average table is 48"x72" (4'x6')

Hope this helps!
Jotan
Jotan
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:16 pm

halberds are often worth it for terminators/paladins and purifiers. they have a good base attack number to make good use of the high initiative + they are cheap for them.

for interceptors, purgators and strike squads they are however less effective as they all just have 1 attack each and they cost 25% of what a normal GK already costs. so for every 4 halberds you get a free GK strike squad member wich does his job at shooting fairly well.

for grandmaster, take psychostroke, rad and blind grenades. makes every unit he accompanies deadly. the grenades are one of the most hated items in our arsenal and that with good reason.

as said, psyrifledreads are great. they can bring much pain to light and medium armor and are some of the weapons that are able to instant kill things like ork nobbikaz, tyranid warriors and other T4 multiple wound models. wich make them also very nice against elite units.

while all GK have grenades still bring a hammer or two in your units to have a more reliable anti tank weapon.

thawn is awesome. this guy brings much more than people give him credit for. he is a solo model that can contest/hold objectives on his own and does fairly good so because you can easily hide single models in terrain and out of line of sight.
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by OrangeCrow Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:42 pm

Also as for the gm,that was just my basic thoughts but I was wondering are there HQs more worth taking.

OrangeCrow
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by OrangeCrow Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:46 pm

A digital close combat weapon will give me an extra attack, correct? Also fluff wise what are digital weapons?

OrangeCrow
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:33 am

digital weapons only allow you to reroll a single failed to wound roll for each combat phase. mastercrafted weapons allow you to reroll a single failed to hit rolls.

fluff wise digital weapons are little laser weapons hidden inside rings, gems and the like. they are made by the jokaero
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by OrangeCrow Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:13 am

Ok so are they worth taking? Also is Kaldor worth taking,I know he's expensive as hell but I'm getting a model of him use or no use just to have one.

OrangeCrow
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:24 am

he is good if you field paladins as troops, common setups are his draigowing wich is based around big paladin squads with apothecary, banner and draigo in it. they become a very very hard nut to crack.
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by OrangeCrow Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:06 am

So he's not good for low point matches considering him and a full squad of basic paladins cost more than 800 points.

OrangeCrow
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2