Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2000 against big bugs (tyranids) help, please...

3 posters

Go down

2000 against big bugs (tyranids) help, please... Empty 2000 against big bugs (tyranids) help, please...

Post by SIRSEAN Fri May 02, 2008 12:27 pm

yep, the Grail Knights recieve the order to destroy a big horde of tyranids that is threatening a sacred world...

and since you have more experience than me against the big bugs, I want your wise advice in order to create a 2000 points list.

as usual, first I need your opinion about use space marine, full GK, daemonhunters or a combo...

and the battle is...

TOMORROW!!!!

so, I need your advice as soon as possible

and thanks!
SIRSEAN
SIRSEAN
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 260
Army : Daemonhunters, Space marines, Blood Angels, Bretonnia.
Registration date : 2008-02-18

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

2000 against big bugs (tyranids) help, please... Empty Re: 2000 against big bugs (tyranids) help, please...

Post by Brother-Captain Validi Sat May 03, 2008 2:58 am

I've only played 2 games against Tyranids, but try to keep out of assault range (which can sadly be up to 24 inches with fleet and the 12 inch charge upgrade) but if you get the chance, be bold and make a counter advance and rapid fire anything with a 5+ save (my 4 Stormtroopers killed 4 genestealers in a 5 bug squad like this with Hellguns and the last stealer was krak grenaded by the last Trooper who had a grenade launcher). Use psycannons/heavy bolters on stuff with a 4+ save, and if you have devastators, get a plasma cannon to take down massed bugs or go after the bigger bugs with it. Lascannons will help against the big bugs, and a predator annihalator with lascannon sponsons should deal out a few kills on the big bugs. You could try a combi list, and use your GK as a shield for your SM or vice versa. The little bugs are just there to bog you down, so concentrate on the synapse creatures with your heavy guns, but leave squads who can throw out a lot of dakka attacking the little bugs. If you have a whirlwind, use it to block enemy assaults with the castellan (minefield) missles. GK characters with psycannons (and a retinue with a psycannon) can deal out some damage on the little bugs, or you can use them to take out genestealers. I would stay away from incinerators, but thats just because they don't work for me, if you can counter assault, the could be usefull against little bugs. Ok, I'm done.
Brother-Captain Validi
Brother-Captain Validi
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 271
Location : Lost in the Warp. Strange, it looks just like Scotland...
Army : Daemonhunters, Space Wolves, 13th Company Space Wolves, Legion of the Damned
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Back to top Go down

2000 against big bugs (tyranids) help, please... Empty Re: 2000 against big bugs (tyranids) help, please...

Post by SIRSEAN Sat May 03, 2008 8:52 am

OK, after a while, I think the next list could do the trick:

Space marines:

HQ: captain with power weapon and plasma pistol

Troops: 2 five men squads, with missile launcher and plasma gun

elite: 2 dreads

fast: land speeder tornado

heavy: 5 men devastator squad with lasscanon, plasma canon, and two missile launchers, and a land raider crusader

Daemonhunters:

HQ: GK grand master with psycannon, icon of the joust and retinue of 4 terminators with 1 psycannon

elite: inquisitor with psycannon and retinue with 1 acolyte with storm bolter, 2 sages, and 3 warriors with plasma cannon, heavy bolter and multi melta

troops: 2 units of five GK with 2 psycannons each.

1997 points, and a very heavy shoot army
SIRSEAN
SIRSEAN
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother-Captain Validi Sun May 04, 2008 2:27 am

Hope you do well, btw what weapons do the Dreads have (you can use them to tie up the little bug hordes in Close Combat where they can't hurt the Dreads)
Brother-Captain Validi
Brother-Captain Validi
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Army : Daemonhunters, Space Wolves, 13th Company Space Wolves, Legion of the Damned

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Sun May 04, 2008 9:21 am

Definitely a lot of firepower in that list. B-C Validi: is it you just have bad luck with incinerators overall? I thought they were supposed to be effective against Tyranids. Good luck with the battle SIRSEAN.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother-Captain Validi Mon May 05, 2008 7:26 am

They're supposed to be good against them, but they just don't work well for me. Somehow they just don't fit into my battle plans at all. Odds are that if I use a GK squad with incinerators, they'll get shot up before they can use 'em or get charged by a fleet unit or something with a 12 inch charge. They might work better in a Cities of Death battle but in general, Incinerators hate me.
Brother-Captain Validi
Brother-Captain Validi
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SIRSEAN Tue May 06, 2008 8:38 am

DRAW GAME...

we have a good game, and at the end, two of my squads (one space marines, one troopers) survive, and only one big bug (the elite one, I forgot the name in english) survives...

my unit of terminators (with the grand master) assault the a squad that has INI 6, WS 6, and rendering claws... I lost, but sean kills 8 bugs in 2 rounds of combat...

my worst: the land raider... was destroyed in the 1 turn... and the devastators... lots and lots of 1 to wound!

my best: the dreads were able to destroy tons of small bugs and warriors.
SIRSEAN
SIRSEAN
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down