Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Short stories. By Klomster.

4 posters

Go down

Short stories. By Klomster. Empty Short stories. By Klomster.

Post by Klomster Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:52 pm

I've decided to start this thread for when i feel like throwing short stories out there.

And i will post one right now.

"The burning priest of inferna."

The field was covered in blackened soot, pillars of black smoke bent in the wind as they erupted from burning piles of promethium covered corpses. The dead was barely visibly different than the color of the ground, the black ash and soot flew over the field in the wind, small embers glistening here and there all over, giving the field a hellish feel.
Far in the background, dark looming mountains spew fire and smoke into the already polluted sky. The sky consisting of massive swirling vortexes of dark grey and fiery reds, fluid masses of clouds and burning gasses.

Here and there, the ruined bodies of skitarii warriors in great rust red robes and heavy carapace armour was torn and slumped down on the ashen field. Slowly being covered with black dust and debris.

Only one thing was standing. The lone figure was fitted with a sleek power armour, draped in a black robe with red embroidened lines near its edges. Here and there the lines erupted into small embroidened flames. The robe was torn and cut, the armour scraped, dirty from oil and blackened from soot.

In his hand, he was leaning slightly on a great halberd with a dark metallic finish, all over it was small silver inlays, forming beautiful patterns over the weapon.
The lone figure was drenched in dried and darkened blood, and he was visibly breathing heavily.

His face mostly covered with a black hood, the lower part of his face a plain rebreather mask, with tubes connecting to his back. The only thing seen of his eyes was two small red sheening dots. Somehow filled with tired hatred, and abundant disgust.

It was a techpriest upon the fields of Sol, once a world ravaged by fire and radiation from the systems twin suns, like all planets in the Inferna system. Now as well ravaged by the corruption of chaos itself, and the greedy hands of all sorts of forces wishing to lay their hands upon the great resources that were abundant on this ash-covered forge world.

The techpriest was gathering his resolve, regaining his regular breathing, looking out over the massive fields ahead.
He took a step over the violated corpses near his feet, and began to walk forward, determination is his gait and in his eyes. The unblinking red stare of a Infernean war-priest at war.

For this is what they were, the myrmidons of Inferna. Great warriors draped in black, edged in fire wielding their flaming fist of their faith to obliterate their foes with all the knowledge they've gained in the path of destruction.
For myrmidons were not ordinary techpriests. Instead of following a path of knowledge like the honorable divisio artisan or the experimental scientists of divisio genetor, the myrmidon followed the path of the mechanicus secutor, the art of destruction. In all its forms.

They are fearless, for they have tasted the tears of the dragon, a meme drug consisting of a rare vat grown viral data that in it has recorded every single horror ever faced by the machine gods faithful. For when tasting the tears of the dragon, the body is cast into a viral fever that is filled with horrible hallucinations from every millenia of recorded mechanicum history. The victims mind tears for freedom, his body jerks with pain, not all escape with their mind intact. Not even all escape with their lives.

But when the receiving patient wakes, and his or her mind is intact. All fear is erased, for what could be worse than all that?

The myrmidons heavy footsteps sends dust and ash into small clouds that quickly join the rest in the strong winds, embers erupt en masse as the embers rest is disturbed by the heavily armoured warrior movement. Cracks and snaps of coal and cinders breaking underfoot and the weak hum of hydraulic pistons is barely heard over the roaring winds and fires.

But the myrmidons resolve was made of steel, and he would not back down. In front of him was everything that was the enemy of his beliefs, their very personification.
He stood for logic and reasoning, his foe stood only for free thinking and madness. He stood for order and science, they were emotion and chaos.

The enemy wore mostly the form of spiders, with four legs consisting of a long monomolecular blades easily the length of curved long swords, their insectoid head bore a single red mechanical eye which twitched and refocused madly as it in its chaotic movements razed towards the priest of Inferna. And they were of all sizes, most only the size of a mastiff, but some even larger than god-machines.

The small critters formed massed units of what was only known as the "gibbering tide", thousands, millions of them scuttled and ran past over and under each others to reach their foe first. Some of the tidal spawn of sol was the warped vision of what was once the cloned skitarii of Sol. Now only mad experiments of strange parts hurdled together with pieces of the mechanical insects to form all forms of mad creations, some were formed as servitors, some as scorpions with a dozen bladed legs, and some were strange leaping monstrosities of some vision of a mutated and cursed mind.

Before the lone myrmidon, the gibbering tide closed in. It outnumbered him a thousand to one, and a thousand times more. But he did not care, he was destined to do this, this was his final prayer to the machine god.
He halted his movement, one would suggest hesitation. But he reached and picked up a finely crafted heavy laspistol, and with a stern glare he rose the gun and aimed for the tide.
The tide rushed forward ever more eager, screeching and clattering. But the war-priest stood silent as a pillar of the blackest obsidian, waiting for the moment they were in range.

The pistol sang, and the beam of the deepest orange cut into the tide, hitting a large being square in the head felling it in a single shot.
And the pistol sang again and again, felling one foe for every discharge, some even felling several. But the tide ignored the losses and clambered over their fallen.

Now the tide began firing, only some of the horrid experiments carried ranged weapons, and they mostly shot weak purple plasma bolts and beams towards the lone myrmidon.

The weapons of his foes scorched and bounced of the techpriests armour. He ignored the hits and kept firing.
Hit after hit tore into him, but he held his balance despite the force of the hits, staggering at times only to take a step forward with deepened resolve.
A bolt suddenly blasted the pistol out of his hand, he gave a quick glance after his lost weapon but gave it no further thoughts. He just swung the halberd into a two-handed stance, and activated its power core.
As the weapon spirit woke to life, red misty bolts of lightning danced over the blade, appearing as fire upon its surface that left after-images on ones retina.

He held the halberd in his left hand, smashed the pommel into the ground. And with a heave of his chest and with his arms outstretched, he let out a devastating cry, a feedback screech from his vox unit that would have deafened and left the inner ears of the un-augmented in bloody ruin.

The gibbering tide responded with their, in comparison weak war-cry of screeching insectoids that would have killed most sound of a rioting mob of people.
The myrmidon began slowly but started running with heavy footfalls towards the tide, every step he took, a hundred purple bolts and beams struck all around him. The black robes dancing in the strong winds, and with a mighty two-handed swing into the tides ranks, the priest made contact with his foes.

The initial strike alone killed several, their scorched and sundered remains rained down on the myrmidons left side. But he would not halt, and spun around to do a heavy overhead strike that easily cleaved a horse sized being in twain.
With a flick of his right arm he bashed the pommel into two jumping critters, leaving great dents in their mechanical forms and seeing them slumping down next to the infernal priest.

A critter jumped on his chest, leaving its hind legs imbedded in the chest plate beginning to wildly stab at the myrmidons head.
The mere force of the jump sent the techpriest staggering several steps backwards. He lived thanks to the helmet beneath his hood.
With a fast move with his left arm after regaining his balance, he grabbed the mechanical spiders neck and pulled it away from him, he saw the sad morbid creature flailing its limbs.

And with a vice-like grip, the infernal priest crushed the beast and tossed it aside.
With a quick move he ducked beneath a bolt of energy, and sidestepped another critters flailing jump. And with a sidestep, the priest swept his halberd easily through seven mechanical deamon bodies, the monsters screaming as they died.
With a shift of his balance he leaned right, and cleaved another fiend with a backhand strike, and with a thrust, he speared a ninth foe on the spike on top of his blade.

But no matter how many he would kill, a hundred more took their place, and he was starting to become overrun.

The priest gathered his balance, and held his left hand up high. And with a dramatic voice he spoke.
-"I fight, with the flaming fist..... OF INFERNA!!!" And with those words his fist clenched and caught fire. The promethium fuel burning in a shimmering flickering flame.

And as he did this, the beasts that was closest in the tide backed away, as if in horror. The deamon no able to stand the faith of the righteous.
But as the promethium eventually ended, his prolonged battles this day had seen to that, so did the flames. And the beasts regained their composure and renewed the attack.

With a flick, the priest grabbed his halberd with both his hands, and with a sweeping motion left, he slammed a jumping beast right out of the air. Another tasted the bladed edge of the return strike.
And with a swift motion a mutant clone was relieved from his jaw with a mighty upward pommel strike.
He ended the raid with a heavy stomp, that left a critters torso entirely flattened under his footfall. Its shining eye dying a slow dimming death.

With a strong non-augmented roar, he backhanded another deamon to the right.

Some distance in front of him, he saw a spider easily larger than a tank, with plasma launchers mounted on the top of its legs. Sputtering blasts of deadly energized matter towards the myrmidon.
But the priest of Inferna just stood as the blasts erupted around him, killing several of the mechanical spawns. But barely grazing him.

He slammed his arm down right, severing a critter from its legs, as he watched the new threat. You could almost imagine him gritting teeth as he watched the thing wade through its own ranks to get to him.

With a roar and a mighty kick he sundered a foe in front of him, and begun to charge directly towards the large robotic four-legged spider.
He held his halberd like a spear in front of him and simply ran through the tide to destroy his target, enemies breaking upon him like water by a boat.
And with two steps he jumped atop a spider, to a second one and flung himself towards the large mechanical deamon. From its unblinking eye it fired a bright purple cutting beam that missed the myrmidon with less margin that even the priest himself didn't really think was enough.

And with another mighty swing he delved the axe into the walkers neck, landing in front of it.
The thing shakes with fear and pain it seems as it stares at the weapon, immobilized by the pain it seemed. From his backpack, a mechandrite arm unfolds and opens a jaw-like tool that he slams into the eye of the beast. The beast screamed a final scream as the infernal priest began using the melta cutting beam inside the mechandrites jaw.
The walker spasm and fall to the ground dead as the myrmidon yanked loose his weapons.

Suddenly, a massive object slams the techpriest of his feet and sends him flying several meters before landing hard on three critters. As he looked up in his dazed state, he saw what was a massive mutated preatorian war servitor. Instead of claws it had two huge meaty clubs and out from its eye sockets wriggled hundreds of small snail like eyes.

He had lost his blade, a massive mutated preatorian was closing in and he was lying inside the gibbering tide, and as such he embraced death. And death came............

........... But not as he had imagined it.

Out through a massive smoke pillar, a god-machine stepped, a warhound titan of legio Inferna. Like an angry mastiff it threw itself into the breach through the fire and fights like no other.
Its massive weapons, consisting of a huge triple-barreled flamethrower and a double-barreled turbolaser, it unleashed fury like only god-machines can.
Its footfall crushing dozens of mechanical spiders, like a power armoured boot would crush cockroaches.

Hundreds of spawn melted in the fires, hundreds more died as the turbolaser opened up upon another walker. The initial blast had killed most of the enemies around the lone myrmidon, and stood up and grasped his blade, he would not die this moment, and as he activated the blade once more, he felt a feeling he had not felt for long.

He felt sorry for the foes.

After a brief pause, the slaughter began anew.

And that was that, nothing special, but i hope you enjoy.
I might use it as a short-story in the codex i'm making.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Short stories. By Klomster. Empty Re: Short stories. By Klomster.

Post by Klomster Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:53 pm

No comments?

Is the burning priest of inferna that bad?

Or are you so awed by it's quality that you cannot find words!
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Requiem Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:16 am

I for one think its a good piece of fanfiction! storyline could use some more background but i guess you're always rather limited in short-stories Wink
Some small grammatical errors, but thats what editors are for hehe

good job!
Requiem
Requiem
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 196
Army : Grey Knights and Daemons
Registration date : 2011-07-27

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:58 am

Pretty good. Some sentences phrases are really effective, some are sort of lacklustre in comparison. It could do with some editing.
e.g.
Far in the background, dark looming mountains spew fire and smoke into the already polluted sky. The sky consisting of massive swirling vortexes of dark grey and fiery reds, fluid masses of clouds and burning gasses.
Background only really gets used for images and you've got the word sky repeated. Could combine:

Far in the distance dark looming mountains spewed fire and ash into an already polluted sky dominated by massive swirling vortexes of dark grey and fiery red clouds of burning gas.

Hit after hit tore into him, but he held his balance despite the force of the hits, staggering at times only to take a step forward with deepened resolve.
on the other hand works much better.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:57 am

Yeah, i know i'm not perfect. And i've never really had any editors and only read through once or twice before posting.

I like how you suggested the sky description. And to be honest i wasn't fully pleased with that one to begin with. Love yours, i will probably edit it in if i use it in some other place.

Second one.
I try my best Razz

On the question of story.
This one is not supposed to have too much story. Perhaps i should have a description of the inferna system before this story in the codex when using it. So the reader knows what this guy is before reading.

Coz, this is sort of a moment scene. The lone myrmidon has no identity, for he needs none. How did he get there. Is up to the reader. Perhaps he was a commander? Or on a frontline mission?

And it's designed to be one of those stories that is supposed to draw the reader in to get really pepped at playing an army with these guys in. GW throw a bunch into their codexes usually.

So thanks for the comments, i'll perhaps throw some other story in if i feel like it.
Perhaps about a bird.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Requiem Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:46 pm

Klomster wrote:Perhaps about a bird.

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird
B-b-b-bird, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

again, good job on the short Smile
Requiem
Requiem
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 196
Army : Grey Knights and Daemons
Registration date : 2011-07-27

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:44 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZThquH5t0ow

Bird bird bird....

Well, i wasn't thinking about that kind of bird, but it certainly works Razz
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:34 am

While browsing the warframe forum, i found a thread where people write how awesome their warframes are in short stories.

If you don't know what warframe i will blatantly post a link to their site.
Free to play third person violence.
https://warframe.com/

So i made mine with a twist, in the eyes of my enemies.
I guess the best way to really get how the enemies look is to google them, or via the site.
But alas, let's wait no longer.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

(This one is dedicated to how the enemies must feel when me and my good pal are playing, and is a good representation of what happens. Enjoy Very Happy)

Deron was not trained for this. Well true he had gotten training in the usage and maintenence of his plasma rifle, but, he was not trained for...... this.

He was a trusted crewman of a corpus flagship, massive ships of great power all in the hands of his corpus masters.
Earlier that week, he had little idea what was going to happen, during briefing he and his fellows had been briefed that their ship was to intercept and retrieve a derelict vessel.

Deron was a proud corpus employee.... was.
He was never quite prepared for what they encountered on that derelict. He was right to doubt the sense in entering that gleaming white vessel with those... things seemingly growing out of it.
It was not like he could do anything about it when he saw it though, the first time he had actually seen the derelict was through a small viewport on their landing skiff.
They had traversed the empty corridors, with its alien architecture and strange growing entrails of matter Deron didn't want to imagine what it was composed of. They had after some time encountered the creatures known as the infested.

Deron had gone to all the briefings, all the training sessions, all the target practise. But actually fighting them.... they were them.
Nothing could have prepared him for them.
His squad had expertly engaged them, gunned down dozens of them and made headway far into the ship.
It was when he and his squad had entered a large intersection he had lost it, the door behind them had suddenly shut and locked shut. Their technician had not been able to open it, and was now certain to never open it after the first of the large ones known as ancients had fallen right on top of him, began feeding upon his face with those tendrils....

The room had been overrun, and it took only seconds for the squad to gun down the beast.
Seconds that had felt like an eternity for Deron. He could only stare dumbfounded at the beast as it sucked the life from their technician.
The squad quickly took up an defensive line on the plateu they were on, all but Deron.

Infested monstrocities came into the room from all ways, several doors were open and the variety of the beasts came storming into the room.
Deron crampingly held on to his gun and dived for cover behind a pillar next to some railings and dared look down at the approaching mass of enemies.
His aquadmates didn't seem to have any problems with the situation, they were chatting on the comms, doing their job.... their job.

Deron should have listened to his mother, he ignored the sounds of two chargers slamming down one in the squad and ripping him to shreds with his dying screams over the comms.
He should have kept on being one of the conveyor belt operators, but at the time the nice posters and the amount of credits promised seemed so inviting.

Another of the corpus crewmen was anniliated by a group of exploding freaks, a third was dragged into a deep puddle of electrified water by what could only be described as dismembered torsos by corpus dead.
Deron closed his eyes and tried to think, but he couldn't.

But right as the squad was to be overrun, a loud bang was heard.
The infested stopped in their advance, looked towards the door the blast came from and in unison began to run towards it. The room was quickly emtied and Deron dared watch the tumult.
Their squad had been decimated, but had gotten a relief in the form of.... Another blast was heard, and Deron began to sweat as the sounds of dozens, perhaps even hundreds of infested screams were heard from the passageway in the distant.

-"Is it just me or is hot in here?" One of his corpus allies said over the comms.

Deron watched his temperature meter, it was rising.... fast.
It wasn't just his imagination, it was hot in here. Down below the plateu the infested had halted their reckless charge. The screams from the passageway became louder and louder and all of a sudden several humanoid infested came running out of the door, flailing their burning arms around until they fell dead to the floor.
Another blast was heard and the temperature went up even faster. The infested below began to whimper and flee towards other doors in the room Deron and his squad was in. Some even ran into the concentrated fire of his squad to be gunned down.

The infested were now in full retreat and a deep orange glow could be seen from the passageway and the screams from inside became louder and louder. In the distance rapid discharges of a slug weapon could be heard, the massive discharges were far away, but the echo suggested it was something unlike anything Deron ever laid eyes on.

Another loud blast, and now tounges of flame spewed out from the walls and roof of the passageway in a massive blast. Infested bodies was sent flying into the room like burning rags.
Deron watched the temperature reader once more, he was sweating profusely now and could hear his panic. The reader was cycling upwards faster than he could comprehend and with a flash and a warning signal it only spelled the word ERROR in large red capitol letters.

And suddently, it entered through the door.
A female with a haunting beuty, but a deadly graze paced into the room, not in a hurry, not like a soldier. Like a lady at a big party, with her hands outstretched and her entire visage on fire. Her armour looked it was designed to resemble fire, it was hard to tell with all the flames.

She pointed the palm of her right hand at a large infested, as she stared at it the beast burned to a crisp where it stood.

Deron had heard of them, the warframes. Combat suits of great power, worn by.... Tello assassins?
It did not matter, he could not avert his gaze from the female the now stopped right in the open.

-"It's one of them! Take her out!" His squad barked over the comms, and charged in firing their rifles at full auto. Bolt after bolt of plasma energy slammed into the female, but blue sparks of energy came instead of blood and dismemberment.

She raised her hands, and made a gesture. And hit the ground with her left palm, more like a dance than of violence. As it connected with the floor another of those massive thuds was heard and the entire room was distorted by heat and fire. The air rippling as the very bulkheads of the ship started to melt. Paint was flying accross the room in small embers and as Deron stared upon the female in terror, his entire squad caught fire.

With forceful gesticulations she pointed the palm at his squadmembers, one by one she burned them alive.

Most infested had already fled in terror, but one massive beast was still there, with a red glowing head it closed with the female, ignoring the unbearable heat. She began to burn it to a cinder but the ancient extended a massive limb, and as it plunged into the warframe she was toppled to the ground by the force.

Deron was panicking and breathing franticly, he think he had soiled his suit, he wasn't sure, and he honestly didn't care. He was the only one left in his squad and the monstrocity had halted the female assassin.

He closed his eyes, fired his rifle blindly towards the she-monster and the room felt silent for a while.

After what felt like an eternity Deron dared look at what happened. He had managed to hit her, and she was downed. She was silently crying for help as several charger was chewing upon her body.

Deron couldn't believe it, he had got it! HE GOT THE TELLO!!!
His joy turned to despair as the room once more began to overflow with infested. The she-beasts onslaught had halted and the infested took all oppurtunity they had to make amends for it.

As Deron once more frantically stared down on the amassing monsters something was heard from above.
A discharge, and one more. It was the slug weapon from before...

From the roof, a tall male figure armoured in white metal dropped down from the roof. With a massive strike from his enormous sword he dropped right ontop of the female. The infested directly upon her were cleaved in twain from his massive strike. He then unleashed what could only be described as an avalanche of cold. Somehow sparing the female below, but clearing a large circle around him from infested as they froze in an instant and shattered from the weight of their bodies.

-"Another one?" Deron found himself saying out loud. Sulking and barely keeping his tears away.

Surrounded by a massive number of infested the male stood like a pillar, with a massive shotgun in his left hand and a strange device in the other. As he activated it the device began to heal the female and every single infested in the room rooared in unison and began their charge.

The thunderous blasts from the shotgun ripped through several infested with each shot. Deron saw an ancient ripped in pieces with three shots. Something Derons entire squad couldn't do.

The white warframe kept the foes at bay, and after a short while, he helped the female up with his right hand, stood her up and gripped his shotgun in two hands.
The female tapped him twice on his shoulder and then began to form a fiery orb between her hands above her head.

Deron never saw more than that. He remembered his plasma grenade and threw it at the jammed door and blew it open. He had barely escaped the room as another massive boom was heard and the screams of a massive number of infested was heard. In his periferals Deron saw flames licking past him, chasing him like a puppet. All to the song of the repeated discharges of the massive shotgun.

Deron ran, and never stopped running.

Or as how me (Ember) and my good pal Granax (Frost) saw it.

-"MUAHAHAHHAHAAA!!!" Ember roars over the comms as she traverses the orokin derelict, hordes of infested annihilated by her advance.

-"We have a mission you know...." Frost reassuringly reminds.
-".... and you are going the wrong way...... again." Frost continues with an unimpressed voice.

-"Gah, disruptor NOOOO!  *Blergh*  " Is the last words Ember gets out before she is overrun with chargers.

-" *Massive dissapointed sigh* " Frost is not approving.

Just in time Frost gets to Ember and begins his revitilisation.

-"Thanks for getting me up pal Very Happy" Ember informs frost.

As Ember is back up she charges her world on fire, and all is back to normal.

The mission is a success, they got out another modulator unit. This one was Reach...... fits well with the thirty others.

Hope ya like Very Happy

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The space ninjas are known as the Tenno, Tello is intended and as such not a misspell.
I hope ya like and perhaps try the game. It's fun.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rion Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:55 pm

Loved the first one haven't read the second yet. Have the perfect song for it too. Had it playing when I started and it hit me as perfect about two paragraphs in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwJKl0s4vlU
Rion
Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 627
Army : Grey Knights, Knights Camlann (Space Marine)
Registration date : 2012-03-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down