Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GK (with Mordrak) vs Tau

2 posters

Go down

GK (with Mordrak) vs Tau Empty GK (with Mordrak) vs Tau

Post by Aubec le noir Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:11 am

this WE i played a game of 1500+ points ( about 1570) against a Tau army of a friend of mine.
it was KP and range battle (?) = bataille rangée
my list : i wanted to try Mordrak and an alpha assault list, but i missed SR ( they aren't constructed yet ! Embarassed Embarassed ) and wanted to try a Psyfledread for the first time.

HQ : Mordrak + 5 GhostGKT + Libbie (MCstave, summoning, MoT, Warp rift, Veil
TR : 2x 10 GKSS : 2 psycannons each + all halberds + 1 hammer each
FA : 1x 5 GKIS : 2 incinerators
HS : GHLR + warp stabilisator + MM + light + EA
HS : Psyfledread + warp stabilisator + psyammo + 2 TLAC

His list as i remember it (note the fact that i don't know well the Tau Codex)

HQ : Command unit of crisis armour with an IC (shield, +1WS, and all the cool stuff) + 2 crisis w/ TLTau plasma and Missiles
TR : 1x 6 fire warriors (including a sargent with the "aimer" HW => +1WS, knife) in a devilfish with 2 attack drones + all the tech (+1WS...)
TR 1x 10 fire warriors (sargent with "aimer", knife), half impulsion rifles + half carabins
EL : 1x 8 targeters(?) aimers(?) = cibleurs with half railrifles + half impulsion carabins in a full-option devilfish
EL : 1x6 stealth with the impulsion cannons and the sargent with the melta.
HS : 3 braodsides with TLRailGuns.

I win the Toss and he couldn't size initiative, so i let him begin.
I made with GS 3 (lucky roll) of my troops scout : The dread, the GKIS and one of my GKSS : the dread and one of the GKSS on the table with the extra move the GKIS in reserve.

I won't make a per turn bat rep, but give you the highlights.

pre-battle thoughts : i have the advantage of the scenario : annihilation is easier for me because he had more KP (including "easy" KP), but i will be wary of the broadsides and the stealth, that hurted me big time before. my deployment depending of his.

deployements :
he began and let his HQ, "aimers" in dev and the fire warriors on dev in reserve.
He choose his side, with 1 ruin on his left side, one rocky building on the center and one forest one his right side.
He put his Broadsides beneath the forest, the fire warriors on the rocky building in a shooting line the stealth in the center of the table in 18" of my troops.

I put the LR with one GKSS unit in it (one of my errors), in my right side beneath a rocky Hill, i had a forest in the center of my zone and a big bunker in my left (with the entry on its back) i put the dread beneath the right side of the bunker while the GKSS were on the left side.
I used the extra move of the GKSS to partly climb the cluster of the bunker and move my dread to hide him (i tried to bluff my opponent in letting the dread visible in my first deployment).

the highlights :
His first turn first shooting phase, first shot of his first Broadside => result : explosion of my dread, despite a 3+ cover and so on ... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
he shoots the other broadsides on the LR but did nothing (i get lucky there Wink )
it's not beginning very well ! Razz
but i let few targets so when i enter Mordrak and Libbie i entered them on his back... i knew that wasn't a very clever move because they will support at least 1 or 2 shooting phases alone. But that was a gambit. That gambit prove to be successful : never underestimate the resilience of GKTs with 2 ICs.
I shot at the stealth to let them with the sarge and one guy (but they pass their moral roll Neutral )
i move my LR knowing that putting the GKSS in it was a big mistake because the LR was very far from action and i knew that this unit won't do a lot for the win.
what i knew too, just after putting my libbie and ghosts on the back of the Tau, very near of them, is that i was too close to summon the LR ... i need to better use DP and summoning so i have to try this list again. On the center of the table would have been more clever.

after on the second turn, he entered the dev with warriors, near his broadsides with a Hit, near the forest, he shoots nearly everything on Mordrak and co except one Broadside that immobilized my LR ... far far away (i knew i made a mistake !! Razz Razz )
the guy and his fellow GKs stayed proud, i loose 1PV on mordrak, 1 on the libbie and one GK that came back with a good roll. I think my pal played his Tau too static and too defensively at this point.
I entered my reserve GKIS with a lot of prudence but not very cleverly, on the center of the table near the remaining stealth, and shot those guys without doing nothing.
i moved my libbie next to his big fire warriors unit and nearly blew it with warp rift. But they stayed Evil or Very Mad (well 4 of them anyway)
I shoot with mordrak the stealth and didn't have to charge them to destroy them.
My GKSS on the bunker shoot its Psycannons on one broadside destroying its 2 protection drones.

He entered his HQ next to his broadsides, were the stealth was. Then he made a big mistake imho, his separed his drones from his vehicles and he told me that they were now. independant unit (aka easy KP)
He shooted mordrak with all he had again : i loose 2 GKT , 1PV on mordrak, then 1 GKT get back ! Twisted Evil
I shot and charged 1 broadside with mordrack destroying it.
I warprifted the remaining fire warriors to ashes, an destroyed the one 2 drones unit with my bunker GKSS, the other GKSS wandering and trying to get some action.... Rolling Eyes
My GKIS used their shunt to move beneath the other fire warriors burning them and another drone unit to ashes.
the third turn saw him doing quasi no harm to me, during that time i destroyed 1 dev, and lasercannoned his defense HQ drones then i destroyed his Heroe with a warp rift shot
That's were my friend surrender. It was something like 7-1 KP.

post battle thoughts : i made mistakes but he made bigger mistakes, i'm not very lucky with my dread ... i couldn't fire a single S8 shot ! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
I love warprift and psycannon.
And i'm impressed by the resilence of Mordrak and his ghosts.
I played not so well my GKSS with the LR, maybe next time Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

GK (with Mordrak) vs Tau Empty Re: GK (with Mordrak) vs Tau

Post by Rivan Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:49 am

Good win Brother Aubec! Congrats Smile
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

GK (with Mordrak) vs Tau Empty Re: GK (with Mordrak) vs Tau

Post by Aubec le noir Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:33 am

thanks ... i feel the new power of our codex and it's odd ! Shocked
i'm not already used to control a first tiers army ... it's a strange feeling cause at first i was considering Tau armies a match for my GKs... now i feel more confident ( but not overconfident of course !! Razz )
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down