Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Local Tourney 2000pts - GK vs BA (Mephiston)

5 posters

Go down

Local Tourney 2000pts - GK vs BA (Mephiston) Empty Local Tourney 2000pts - GK vs BA (Mephiston)

Post by Rivan Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:20 pm

Played the 6th and final game of the tourney and I was matched up vs. an assault BA list led by Mephiston. Like I mentioned in my other thread, I wanted to try out the list I'm planning to use at next year's GT's. This is going to be a really short bat rep because the game ended on Turn 3.

His list:
Mephiston
5 x TH/SS termies
Furioso dread w/ blood talons
10 x assault marines w/ jump packs (2 melta, PF)
9 x assault marines (melta gun, PF); rhino
8 x assault marines (melta gun, PF); rhino
5 x assault marines (melta, gun, PF); RB w/ TWLLC
SR w/ TWLPC and TWLMM
Predator w/ autocannon, las
Predator w/ autocannon, las

My list:
GM w/ staff, incinerator, blind, rad, psychostroke, 2 skulls
Coteaz
Ven dread w/ 2 x TWLAC + psybolts
10 x Paladins w/ 4 psycannons and assorted weapons
10 x GKSS w/ 2 psycannons, psybolts; RB w/ TWLHB +psybolts
7 x Warband (5 DCA's, 1 mystic, 1 banisher)
LR w/ psybolts
Dread w/ 2 x TWLAC +psybolts

Mission: Objectives, Table Quarters, Kill Points
Deployment: DoW
I win the roll off and give him first turn (this is the last correct decision I made for this game).
I roll for GS and get a 1. I make the ven dread scoring (first of many mistakes)

He deployed Mephiston dead center of the board and a rhino w/ assault marines towards his left flank, also at the 24" line. Everything else came in on his 1st turn except for the 10 jump packs that were going to DS.

My second mistake happened in the deployment stage. I deploy all my forces on the same flank facing his SR, 1 predator and a couple of rhinos. The ven dread was nowhere near an objective. The GKSS were out in the open. Why I did this I still don't know. Also, I forgot to combat squad the GKSS Evil or Very Mad

To make a long story short, the ven dread was immobilized where he stood. Half the GKSS were taken out by the SR's plasma cannon and I failed leadership and they fell off the board. I wasn't able to stop the SR and it blew up my LR as well as delivering the Furioso and 5 termies. The furioso and the termies got wiped out but I lost Coteaz and the war band. This was bottom of Turn 3 and I called the game right there. I still had my GM and a full 10-man paladin squad but I had no more mobility and no scoring units while he had 4 scoring units all spread out over the board. I don't think I've lost this badly ever before Razz

Things I should've done but didn't:
- make the paladins scoring instead of the ven dread; and then combat squad the paladins
- combat squad the GKSS
- deploy my forces on the OTHER flank where there was only 1 pred. It would have taken him at least an extra turn before he can reach me.
- should have kept my GKSS in reserve

Why I didn't do these I still can't answer. These were very basic stuff. I can see the list's potential but my poor play really did not do it justice. I'll really need to practice a lot more with this list Very Happy

My record now stands at 5-1 for the tourney. We have a 3-way tie for 1st place but I think the guy who beat me has a stronger record since he beat me and the other player with the 5-1 record. Oh well, still not a bad showing for GKs. I'll get this BA player back in the next tourney that starts next month--a 1750 6-week tourney.

Last edited by Rivan on Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Local Tourney 2000pts - GK vs BA (Mephiston) Empty Re: Local Tourney 2000pts - GK vs BA (Mephiston)

Post by stormknight Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:28 am

Look like a strong army list Rivan, i'll enjoy hearing a battle report of your next battle against them
stormknight
stormknight
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 331
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2010-09-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Local Tourney 2000pts - GK vs BA (Mephiston) Empty Re: Local Tourney 2000pts - GK vs BA (Mephiston)

Post by flaxis Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:58 am

Brother Rivan,

Would a Crusader help the survivalibity of the warbamd?

It would of been nice to see the run finihsed with the saame force as the previous weeks, but that is your choice. We have to try out new lists etc. Practice makes perfect.

Oh well cannot win them all - best of luck with the next game... Smile I am sure you will kick some BA butt the next time you play him.

Brother Flaxis

flaxis
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2011-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:16 am

sorry for the loss Crying or Very sad
it seems that you had a little focus on the battle ... maybe you thought of Christmas and Newyear's holidays !! Razz Razz
i still think that a full GK army is tougher and i agree with brother flaxis about crusaders.
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:18 am

Sometimes a little bad luck and a few mistakes can be devastating....

How would a LRC help flaxis?

You are playing with a low body count and like you said you needed those paladins as troop, its a good lesson relearnt, that you won't do again Very Happy
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by flaxis Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:37 am

Brother Zealadin

I meant a Warband Crusader - footman with a shield ... not a Land Raider Crusader ...

One is about 10 pts the other 255 pts Smile

Brother Flaxis

flaxis
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2011-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:05 am

Thanks Brothers. I have no doubt that if I didn't make such noob mistakes, things would have turned out different. Dice rolls were average so that wasn't a factor.

Brother Flaxis, you may be right that if I had played with my old lists, I may have been more comfortable.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down