Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting started opinions apriciated.

4 posters

Go down

Getting started opinions apriciated. Empty Getting started opinions apriciated.

Post by sneakybert Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:00 am

I have just started grey knights and i am looking to expand my force to around the 750-1000 point mark. So far i have painted a strike squad with 3 nemisis swords, a hammer and a psycannon. I plan to buy the codex and another kit asap but i need help with whats actualy any good. I was thinking of getting a razor back for this squad and perhaps a dreadnight(i love the heavy psilencer) or a dreadnought (use autocannons from aegis defence line). But obviousley this leaves me without a leader, and i was wondering if anyone knew if i could use one of the terminators as a captain if i "hero him up" a bit, or if not what is the best model in terms of hq( im not a great fan of any of gw's single pose models). If it helps i play against space wolves sometimes.
sorry if i posted this wrong... im a bit knew.
sneakybert
sneakybert
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 28
Army : Grey knights. A few Orks.
Registration date : 2011-08-17

Back to top Go down

Getting started opinions apriciated. Empty Re: Getting started opinions apriciated.

Post by Valten Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:45 am

Welcome Brother.

What else do you already own? It would be handy to know exactly what you have before handing out any advice.

Also, how do you want to play? Grey Knights have many options, from small, elite Draigowing to a horde mass with Coteaz.

As a start, you need to have your two troops and 1 HQ. I myself use a Librarian, a Terminator Squad (5 man) and a 10 man Strike Squad (1 hammer, 2 Psycannons, 7 swords).

Let us know what you want out of your force and we'll all be able to help more.
Valten
Valten
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 552
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-02-14

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Getting started opinions apriciated. Empty Re: Getting started opinions apriciated.

Post by sneakybert Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:00 am

i have currently got 5 assembled grey knights, as specified earlier and i have 5 more unassembled and a dreadknight unassambled i was planning to do a elite army with a couple of troops being the core and the dread knight killing everything. but when it comes to HQ i am unsure Question . if i have a gkss of 10 and 5 terminators would i need more troops?
sneakybert
sneakybert
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:36 am

Depends on the type of army you'll like to build. I'd recommend have 2 troops handy, GKSS and Termies are your choices. For starters 1-2 ten man GKSS will give you good flexibility (give them psycannons, and hammers, leave the swords on). Buy another box of termies, so you can build yourself a GKGM and a Librarian (some conversion needed, but will certainly be worth it). You can use the other three for Paladins or just expand your Termi squad.

After that you can go for transports and bigger guns like the Land Raider or Stromraven, but I reckon that is enough to begin with. Hope it helps and welcome!
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by sneakybert Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:41 am

so you use the parts from terminators to create hq choices. Idea thanks. They should sell gkss in 10 aswell as 5.
sneakybert
sneakybert
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:50 am

Yeah, it's pretty cool to have your own home made GM or Librarian. With the bitz you get in each box the possibilities are endless. Saves you some money too.
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gop Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:52 pm

Yeah, always check the bitz box before shelling out for more new stuff! Don't be ashamed to swap or buy 2nd hand either.
Gop
Gop
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 15
Army : Draigowing, Deathguard, Mechdar, demons etc.
Registration date : 2011-10-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down