Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney

+2
Rivan
Souba
6 posters

Go down

Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney Empty Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney

Post by Souba Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:19 am

allright im back from the tournament, i scored the 3rd place Very Happy . 1st was space wolves, 2nd was guard.
everyone played 7 games, except 2 additional games for the places 1 and 3. i will post the first battreps today. i used the Battle chronicler tool to make more indepth reports for you my dear brothers. i have so many notes placed here on my desk that i hope i can go into as much detail as possible. over the remaining week i will post the rest of the battles.

now for my battle reports:

battle 1: Grey Knights VS Tyranids.

Grey Knights:

HQ:
grandmaster Ignis. mc sword, rad/psychostroke grenades, incinerator. digital weapons, 3 servo skulls - 245 points
Ordo Xenos Inquisitor Raziel Delryn. Psyker upgrade w/ psychic communion, power armor, conversion beamer, 3 servo skulls. 127 points
Elite:
Henchman warband: 1 mm servitor. 2 plasma cannon servitor, 2 jokaero, 1 mystic 6 warrior acolyts with boltung. razorback with sync plasma cannon + lascannon -240 points
Troops:
5x Terminators: 1 sword, 1 hammer, 2 halberds 1 psycannon. justicar thawn. 300 points
10x Strike Squad: 2 psycannons, psybolt ammunition, justicar with mastercrafted hammer. razorback with sync plasmacannon + lascannon - 335 points
Fast Attack:
Stormraven: sync multimelta, sync plasmacannon, hurricane bolters, teleport homer, searchlight - 251 points
Heavy Support:
2x psyrifle dreads with additional searchlights. -136 points each.

total : 1750 points

Tyranids:

HQ:
2x Prime, lashwhip&sword, death spitter, adrenal glands
Elites:
2x 3 Hiveguards
Troops:
2x 10 gaunts
2x Tervigon, adrenal glands, toxin sacs, catalyst, cluster spines.
2x 6 Genestealers. Toxin sacs
Heavy support:
Trygon. prime upgrade, adrenal glances
2x 3 Biovores.

Deployment
Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney Deployment

we rolled annihilation (followed by a big sight of my tyranid friend) and pitched battle deployment. i got the initiative and placed my 6 skulls across the midfield of board to make sure to get less scatter with my blast weapons aswell that he doesnt get his infiltrators too close. i rolled for grand strategy and was able to give 2 units, my terminators and Strike squads, counter attack. EDIT: totally forgot my jokaeros roll increased the henchman warbands armor save by +1
as tyranids lack range i decided to split my units up as far as possbile so the tyranid is forced to split his shorter ranged units up in order to attack me. granting me more time to shoot at long range. my strike squad got placed as combat squads and each joined a camp of my units. trying to warpquake each turn in order to be safer from the trygon. i placed the stormraven behind a hill in the middle of my deploymend zone to be able to support each side quickly if needed.

the tyranid player placed his biovores inside a crater in the middle of his deploymend in order to use a massive spore mine barrage each turn. a prime was added to biovore squad 1 in order to maintain synapse.
his hiveguard was placed in the far left of the board behind a ruin. hiveguard squad 1 was also accompanied by a prime in order to maintain synapse.
his termagaunts and tervigons had been placed between the hiveguard and the biovores. with bigger building in the middle my dreads had been out maneuvered pretty nice there. their only target had been the biovores. his trygon and genestealers had been kept in reserve. he failed to grab the initiative

Grey Knights Turn 1
Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney Gkturn1

i moved my dreads including the strike squad forward in order to get a better sight at his tervigons, only one however awas ble to see them and the other one still had to fire at the biovores my strike squad followed and covered behind them. dread 1 shot at Tervigon 2. he shrug off most of the shots leaving the tervigon with 5 remaining wounds. dread 2 shot at the biovore squad 2 causing a total of 2 unsaved wounds.having 2 biovores to die instantly leaving only 1 of that squad.
my stormraven moved a bit forward in order to better see the tervigon 2 better. firing off all minstrike missles at tervigon 2. 2 hit and caused 2 peril wounds, 1 missed totally and the last one scattered into gaunt squad 2 and killed off 4 gaunts. the following plasmacannon shot that was aimed at the tervigon hit it directly and caused another wound. the tervigon was down to 2 wounds.
i decided to let my razorback fire at the badly hurt tervigon and caused another wound with his las&plas. the second razorback however missed badly and scattered onto tervigon 1 however didnt do any damage.
i decided to let my inquisitor and his henchmens not waste all that ammunition to kill that one tervigon but instead aimed at his hiveguard 1. the combined fire of plasma cannons, lasercannons and the conversion beamer guided by the servo skull caused a whooping 5 wounds onto the hiveguard. leaving only 1 remaining

Tyranids Turn 1
Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney Tyranidenturn1

termagaunt squad 1 and 2 moved forward towards my inquisitor band. unable to shoot they decided to run. hiveguard 1 and 2 moved forward in order to get in range for their weapons. however only hiveguard 2 made a good roll in order to get through cover and shot towards my razorback 1. i however managed a cover save. tervigon 2 screamed in agony as he spawned a grand total of 15 gaunts (6,5,2) and gave tervigon 2 feel no pain after that he walked backwards in order to escape my firing. tervigon 1 moved forward, granting his brothers freshly created 15 gaunts a feel no pain also. the new created gaunts and tervigon 1 followed the rest of the gaunts. the biovore 1 and 2 fired their barrage weapons towards my inquisitor and his warband. killing off 5 warrior acolytes with that barrage. some missing shots hit the razorback 1, however dealt no damage.

Grey Knights Turn 2
Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney Gkturn2

i moved my stormraven closer to my strike squad, as the next turn can become scary with a trygon popping out of nowhere. firing his multimelta and plasma cannon towards the tervigon. causing 2 wounds in total.
my dreads marched forward and fired at biovore squad 1. killing off all biovores in the squad but leaving the prime alive with 2 remaining lifepoints. Strike squad 1 and 2 activated warp quake, Strike squad 2 followed the dreads while srike squad 1 fired towards termaguant squad 1. killing 7 gaunts in the process. the terminator squad fired towards termagaunt squad 2. leaving no survivors. razorback 2 fired on the hiveguard 2. dropping the remaining wound and killing it off. razorback 1 fired on to the tervigon 1, causing one wound in total. the inquisitor and his warband fired towards the tervigon, due to the missing skull i had some scattering and onl caused 1 wound on it. having it remain with 2 wounds. the scattering conversion beamer killed 3 gaunts of gaunt squad 3. GK lead with 3 killpoints.

Tyranids Turn 2
Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney Tyranidsturn2

roll for reserves. he got his trygon prime and deepstriked it 18" away from my dreads, in fear he would scatter into the warp quake. he scattered a bit but wasnt in the warp quake range. he tried to shoot at my dreads but wasnt in range. his genestealers outflanked me and came in from his right side. rushing a total of 16" towards my strike squad and locking them in close combat. the strike squad activated hammerhand and made their counter attack roll. 3 strikers got killed in that fight, the remaining 2 strikers were able to manage to kill 3 stealers ending this battle in a draw. he decided not to let his tervigons spawn any more gaunts as they only provide additional killpoints. he moved his whole swarm onward in a desperate shooting. the prime also tried to catch up and ran as fast as he could. the biovore fired his cannon towards the inquisitor but scattered onto the razorback without beeing able to do anything to it. the cluster spines from the tervigongranted himself feel no pain and fired at the strike squad but scattered onto the henchmens and caused a wound on the inquisitor and killed of the mystic. the gaunts started to torrent fire at the strike squad but out of those 23 shots only 2 were able to kill 2 strikers. even though they saw their comrades falling, the strikers didnt gave up and made their morale check. the hiveguard fired onto the razorback 1 and managed to immobilize it and to destroy the plasma cannon.

Grey Knights Turn 3:
Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney Gkturn3

after having the strikers in close combat and the Trygon prime nearby, knowing that i cant outrun it. i decided to split the dreads up a bit so i dont end up in a big assault aswell as killing off that tervigon and the biovore. dread 2 managed to kill the biovore and dread 1 was not able to drop that last lifepoint out of the tervigon... razorback 1 fired his lascannon towards tervigon 1, and finally dropped that filthy xenos beast.
the inquisitor and his warband showed the tervigon 2 what ordo xenos inquisitors are made off and caused the last 2 wounds of damage to fell that beast aswell. the chain reaction caused by its death killed many termagaunts in its radius only leaving a few alive that had been taken down by advancing fire from the grey knight strike squad and the thawns squad accompanied by grandmaster ignis. the stormraven and the razorback 2 combined their fire to drop down the hiveguards including the prime 1 to 1 hiveguard with 2 lifepoints and the prime with 1 lifepoint left. the strike squad locked with the genestealers lost another man but that remaining justicar managed to kill another genestealer, another draw. Grey knight killpoints : 9

Tyranids Turn 3:
Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney Tyranidsturn3

genestealer squad 2 arrived. sadly on the wrong side. they marched as fast as they could in order to help their brothers to kill the last remaining strike squad. the trygon prime charged towards dread no 1 and shaked him, destroyed 1 autocannon,wrecked and destroyed the dread. totally anihilated. prime 1 moved onwards and shot at the terminators but did not even a scratch. prime 2 split up from his hiveguard and shot at the strike squad but also did no damage. his remaining hiveguard gave another try at the razorback 1 but only stunned it.

after that turn. the tyranid player gave up. knowing that the combined fire in the upcomming turn would greatly devastate the rest of his units. giving a endscore of GK 9 killpoints, Tyranids 2 killpoints. victory for the grey knights.

i was greatly able to outshoot him simply by having greater range and firepower overall. something the nids really lack. also a annihilation games greatly reduce the use of tervigons. after the battle we drank some beer and had some good laughs, like that total wreckage of my dread. for a first game it was a nice warmup for the upcoming battles.

most valuable unit: servo skulls lol! those little guys made my plasma cannon shots incredibly precise.

next battle: a friend who made his list especially to counter a blood angel friend of mine who fields 5 landraider variants in 1750 points. he plays a space marine vulkan list with lots.. lots and lots of melta... Very Happy

btw had some trouble with battle chronicle earlier but now it goes smoother. next report will be a tad better.

Last edited by Souba on Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:13 pm; edited 5 times in total
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1602
Army : Inquisitorial Army, Necrons, Dark Eldar, Daemons of Chaos
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney Empty Re: Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney

Post by Rivan Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:08 pm

Awesome batrep! And congrats on placing 3rd cheers

Looking forward to reading the next batreps Smile
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney Empty Re: Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney

Post by TheCrimsonGlass Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:16 pm

This was a fantastic read! I've never heard of Battle Chronicle, but it really made the battle much more intuitive. Looking forward to the next batrep!
TheCrimsonGlass
TheCrimsonGlass
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 619
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-05-16

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:36 pm

Well-fought and congrats on the win. Love the batrep. Especially the maps. Keep 'em coming. Smile
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney Empty Battrep 02/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney

Post by Souba Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:46 pm

allright, battle report number 2. same day, same table, this time against space marines, salamanders to be precise. this time we rolled for Seize ground with 4 objectives and Spearhead deployment. this game was incredible fun. he had the first turn. he placed his objective close to his ruin in the lower left table quarter. i placed mine in the ruin in my halve. his second objective was placed inside the top left corner. i decided to place my last objective in the open on the lower right table side in hope of him going there and be left in the open, ready to get fired at.

the space marine list :

HQ:
Vulkan He'Stan
Elite:
5 Assault terminators with hammer& shield, landraider redeemer, extra armor, multimelta
Troops:
1x 10 tactical marines, meltagun, multimelta, seargent with combi melta and powerfist. Razorback, twin linked heavy bolter.with extra armor and dozer blade
1x 10 tactical marines, meltagun, multimelta, seargent with combi melta and powerfist. Rhino, twin linked heavy bolter.with extra armor and dozer blade
1x 10 tactical marines, meltagun, rocket launcher, seargent with combi melta and powerfist. Razorback, twin linked heavy bolter. with extra armor and dozer blade
Fast attack:
3 x 2 attack bike squadrons. 2 multimeltas

Deployment:

Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney Deploymenty

i placed some of my servo skulls close towards the 2 objectives that werent in our deployment zones to get some better shooting on them as well as beeing able to better deepstrike and one in the middle of the table on one of the roofs.

he deployed his 10 man tactical marine squad with rocket launcher in his ruin (TM1), the squads razorback (R1) was placed a bit more forward below the crater in the lower middle.
he split his 10 man tacitcal marine squad with razorback in 2 units. the first squad (CS1) was the seargent with power fist, combi melta. 3 normal marines and 1 melta marine. the second squad(CS2) was 4 normal ones and one multimelta. the first squad was placed in its razorback (R2) and was placed behind his landraider Redeemer (LR) that transported vulkan and his 5 assault termies. the land raider redeemer was placed as close as possible towards the building in the middle of the map. he placed the second combat squad into the crater next to the dedicated transport of the first tactical marine squad, in order to jump into it at turn 1. his third 10 man tactical marine squad with multimelta (TM2) was placed in its rhino (R) close to the razorback of squad 1. his attack bike squad 1 and 2 (AB1, and 2) have been hid behind the razorback and rhino in order to be save. his third attack bike hid behind the second razorback and the landraider redeemer.

after looking at his deploymend i really had some trouble deciding where i place my models. my grandmaster rolled a 3 on his grand strategy, though sadly i only could make 2 of my units scoring, my dreads. wasting the remaining grand strategy point Sad . my jokaero rolled rending this time btw (mentioning now before i forget it like before).
i placed my dreads inside my ruins onto my objective. i hid my stormraven behind the hill and was able to get it into cover like in the last game. my inquisitor and his warband was placed in cover a bit more forward. my 2 razorbacks stood close to my dreads, out of multimelta range. i kept my strike squad in reserve, not combat squad'ed. after that we had been ready, i tried to seize the initiative but failed.

note: i managed to attach units onto others in battle chronicler. like the inquisitor to the warband, on the pictures he stands a bit beside them, is however locked into them. just as note that you guys dont think he just stands in the open clown

Space Marines Turn 1:
Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney Spacemarinesturn1

His landraider Moved at cruising speed and fired his twin linked multimelta (damn you vulkan!) at my stormraven, i managed however to make the cover save. his attack bike squad 3 also fired at the stormraven and managed to shake it. the emperor protects.. razorback 2 cruised onto the objective. securing it, turned towards my stormraven and popped smoke. his tactical marine squad also tried to shoot his rocket launcher towards the stormraven but missed.
his razorback 1 and his rhino moved at cruising speed and popped smoke. his attack bike squad 1 and 2 fired at the inquisitor, killing off 2 warrior acolytes. end of space marines turn 1. 2 objectives for space marines, 1 for grey knights.

Grey Knights turn 1:
Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney Greyknightsturn1

i moved my stormraven with cruising speed onwards, over the hill and dropping my terminator squad including grandmaster ignis. he fired his plasmacannon, his hurricane bolter systems and all 4 mindstrike missles onto the assault bike squad and his machine spirit fired the multimelta towards the landraider Redeemer. causing a total of 3 wounds on the bikes (that toughness 5 really helped a lot there...) killing off one bike and let one remain with 1 wound left. the landraider got immobilized. the terminators fired their guns towards the razorback, out of 4 psycannon shots only 2 came through, both stunning and as such only shaking the razorback. i decided not to assault as i wanted to become a fire magnet in order to save my stormraven. dread nr 1 fired at the rhino, he managed however to make 3 cover saves. dread nr 2 fired also at the rhino, managing to shake and immobilize it. my razorback 1 fired on attack bike squad 1, killing one bike. the inquisitor and his retuine fired onto the razorback. in combined efforts they managed to weapon destroy and wreck the razorback. the passengers however had been unharmed and took cover behind the smoking wreck. razorback 2 fired on the space marines that stood behind the wreck and managed to kill 2 marines. with that my turn ended and i made myself ready to get the punishment from the salamanders.

Space Marines turn 2:
Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney Spacemarinesturn2

he tried to repair his immobilized rhino but failed. the attack bikes 1 and 2 moved forward, firing again, this time their target had been my razorback nr1. the combined fire cause a immobilized and a destroyed plasma cannon. his combat squad jumped out of the cover and moved towards the hill, as he didnt reach the cover of it he decided to run behind it, bringing his 3 man squad out of my line of sight. his tactical marine squad fired his rocket launcher across the board, missing the stormraven. the 1st combat squad jumped out of the razorback in order to fire their melta and combi melta at the stormraven, destroying the multimelta. the landraider redeemer let vulkan and his mates out of his back after that he targeted his flamestorm cannon towards my terminators, causing 3 wounds wich i however saved. his machine spirit fired his multimelta on the stormraven, wrecking it. the assault bike 3 fired at my terminators, thawn jumped in and made his 5+ invul save. after that vulkan and his men assaulted my terminators including grandmaster ignis. hammerhand of ignis aswell as the terminators test was passed rad and psychostroke grenades activated, i rolled a 3 - reroll on hits. thawn and his 2 terminator brothers with halberds striked first, managing to kill 2 assault terminators. after that vulkan and ignis striked, both decided to hit into the unit. ignis killed another hammer terminator and vulkan killed thawn and another halberd terminator. the GK terminator with the sword couldnt cause a wound. the remaining assault terminators striked at ignis, thanks to his sword he deflected every attack. the GK hammer terminator couldnt score a kill either. vulkan lost the battle and hat to check. he made it and with that his turn ended.

Grey Knights Turn 2:
Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney Gkturn2

my inquisitor activated psychic communion, increasing my roll for reserves so my strike squad arrives later and the plan succeded. razorback 1 fired his lascannon towards the rhino and destroyed it. 1 of the tacical marines died in the explosion. razorback 2 fired towards the attack bike squad 2. killing one bike in the process. the inquisitor and his warband started to combine their firepower and shot at the now in free standing tacticals. killing 5 of them. they however refused to run away. both dreads had to combine their fire in order to kill the remaining attack bike of bike squad 1. i made the roll for thawn i shall not yield and with succes. he stood back up, out of combat. he moved towards the tactical marines and shot but did nothing he assaultit in from their right flank, in order to not get striked by the powerfist in that turn. and to also bind the assault bike in close combat. during his assault he activated hammerhand and killed 2 tactical marines. the battle with ignis, vulkan and their retuine still continued, with both hammerhands activated i managed to kill off the last 2 remaining assault terminators and got one wound on vulkan, they however were able to kill one terminator with a sword and one with the halberd. the turn of the grey knights ended.

Space Marines turn 3:

Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney Spacemarinesturn3

unable to do much shooting, the tactical marine squad with rocket launcher remained stationary. the combat squad'ed unit behind the hill remained stationary in order to grab the objective in the last turn if needed. asault bike 1 moved forward and shit at dread1, wrecking him. the tactical marine squad fired off at the inquisitor and his henchmend however dealt no damage.. the landraider redeemer tried to fire his assault cannon towards razorback 2 however was out of range. the close combat between vulkan and ignis went off with no hammerhand activation, waiting for that one wound to instant death vulkan. wich grandmaster ignis finally did, however vulkan was able to strike 2 wounds past ignis swordplay before he fell to the ground. using the momentum of the consolidation move they walked towards the objective. in thawns fight. he activated hammerhand & force weapon and striked at the assault bike, causing a wound and finally killing it. the powerfist seargent however didnt thought that was funny and knocked his fist right into thawns torso. bringing him down to ground. again. end of space marine turn 3.

Grey Knights Turn 3:
Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney Gkturn3

my inquisitor activated psychic communion, failed however, my grey knight strike squad came from reserve and i deep striked them close to the space marine tactical squad sitting on the objective. i scattered 9" southwest but that didnt kept the strike squad from appearing. the incomming fire from 2 psycannons and psybolt ammunition killed off 4 tactical marines. the inquisitor and his warband killed off the last 4 remaining marines of the 2nd tactical marine squad. and it took the whole firepower of both razorbacks and the remaining dread to kill the one remaining bike. thawn got back on his feet once again and shot at the tacticals, killing one tactical marine and with his charge, however a failed hammerhand. killing the multimelta marine. the powerfist seargent striked back however missed both of his hits. ignis and his hammer terminator moved around the tactical marines and shot & charged at the razorback, with 2 hammerhands active they immobilized and destroyed the weapon of the razorback.

Space Marines Turn 4:
Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney Spacemarinesturn4

the tactical marine squad shot his missle launcher, multimelta, combi melta and rapid fired the remaining bolters towards the strike squad, killing 4 strike squad members, one of them has been the psycannon they however did not faulter. the razorback couldnt do anything and remained stationary as well as the landraider with nothing to shoot at in range. thawn finished off the powerfist seargent with hammerhand activation. the 3 man tactical squad behind the hill still played hide and seek with me. with that turn 4 of the space marines ended.

Grey Knights Turn 4:
Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney Gkturn4

my strike squad moved closer towards the tacical marines, giving them another shot out of their stormbolters and 2 psycannon shots, killed off 2 tacical marines. in the assault phase they activated hammerhand and wiped out the remaining 4 tactical, however 2 grey knights got killed due to bad armor saves. claiming the objective for the grey knights. ignis and his hammernator activated hammerhand, ignis however failed. still they managed to roll 2 penetrates of wich one was a wrecked. thawn moved towards the objective to also claiming it for the grey knights . with that turn it stood 3 objectives for GK, 0 for space marines.with only 3 tactical marines and a immobilized landraider remaining the space marine player gave up. victory for the grey knights.

if i wouldnt have been playing as bolt as i had, i probably had lost because i would have been cornered and attacked from 2 sides. the movement with the stormraven was the right decision.
it is really surprising how much firepower that little henchman squad got ontop of beeing able to take a lot of beating themselves. thanks to cover and additional wounds due to the acolytes those guys become incredible. no wonder that you cant make them scoring with grand strategy. my most valuable unit for this game was justicar thawn. standing every time and beeing able to lock his shooters in close combat was exactly why i added him in the first place. also his WS 5 and, with hammerhand, S5 including force weapons make some neat damage against most units

battle 3 is against Dark angels Deathwing, wich really was my hardest battle
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCrimsonGlass Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:00 am

Congratulations on the victory Brother Souba! I must say, I'm surprised at how useful Thawn was in that battle. Did he consistently make up the 75 points he costs? Nevermind, don't answer that. I'll get to find out in the upcoming reports Smile

I'm really enjoying reading these by the way!
TheCrimsonGlass
TheCrimsonGlass
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:26 am

Whoa! Great report Borther Souba, and congrats on the victories! BTW what did you use to make those nice tactical layout pictures? Great idea!
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:34 am

@brother BrentK: he made up his points most of the time. for 75+40 points he is basically like the apothecary of the paladins. while the apo makes his worth at 10 pallies, thawn makes his worth at a certain playstyle.

@brother DonFer: i am using the battle chronicler tool. you can find it for free at http://www.battlechronicler.com/
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:39 am

Fantastic find, thanks a lot, just what I needed for my battle-reps (I will have to copy you with this Brother, I apologize for that Embarassed Wink )
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:40 am

Awesome, awesome batrep!!!! My favorite so far Smile

Keep 'em coming!

@Brother Souba: I may be doing my math wrong but it seems that you should still have 20pts to use. You listed your GM as 245 and OXI as 127 but I calculate them to only cost 235 and 117 respectively. scratch

Edit 2: Actually, you're right at 1750pts. I guess it was just a typo on your GM and OXI. They are 235 and 117 respectively Smile
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:13 pm

allright, battle report number 3, versus Dark angels:

HQ:
belial, master of the deathwing with hammer & Shield (B)
librarian with terminator armor and combi melta (L)
Troops :
1x 5 deathwing terminators with shield & hammer, apothecary, banner, cyclone missle launcher (THA)
2x 5 deathwing terminators all with hammer & shield, cyclone missle launcher (TH1, TH2)
3x 5 deathwing terminators 1 with hammer & shield, 1 with hammer & shield and cyclone missle launcher, 2x with stormbolter & powerfist, seargent with stormbolter and powerweapon. (SB1, SB2, SB3)

note: i mark the units with their Label on the board

we rolled for annihilation and spearhead deploymend, he seized the initiative but let me the first turn.

Deployment:
Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney Deployment

i selected the top left half and placed my skulls across the board. i placed my Inquisitor and his warband on the top of the tower of the ruins to get a clean line of sight. Razorback 1 was placed in cover close to my Dread 1 wich also had some good cover. dread 2 was placed inside the crater and razorback 2 was placed close to him, behind some trees. the strikei combat squad'ed the strike squad and placed them close to my razorbacks. i kept my stormraven, grandmaster & terminators in reserve . my jokaero made a roll and gave the unit a +1 improved armor save. my grandmaster made his grand strategy roll and made a 2. i decided to give counter attack to my terminators and my strike squad.

he kept all his forces in reserve. as i had to wait for him and didnt moved i decide to start the battle report at Dark Angels Turn 1.

Dark Angels Turn 1:
Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney Darkangelsturn1

belial, the libby and their squad THA arrive aswell as Terminator squads TH1 and SB1. belial, the libby and his men arrived without scattering aswell as terminator squad TH1, Terminator Squad SB2 scattered a bit but made it save on the ground, TH1 started shooting his cyclone launchers towards Razorback 2 and managed to shake it. SB2 and THA combined their fire on razorback 1. i failed both cover saves and he destroyed the plasma cannon of razorback 1 and immobilized it. end of dark angels turn 1.

Grey Knights Turn 2:
Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney Greyknightsturn2

My inquisitor used pysic communion to improve my reserve roll but got blocked by the psychic hood, i rolled for reserve and still was able to let my stormraven on the field. i let him home in close to the inquisitor and the mystic of his warband (wich was a very hard due to the size btw) and placed him almost out of sight behind the building. strike squad 1 failed his test for warp quake but strike squad 2 succeded and also passed by the librarians psychic hood. razorback 2 used fortitude and also made it past the libbys psychic defense.
my inquisitor and his warband shot at terminator squad THA and killed off 2 stormshield terminators. dread 1 & 2 fired also at THA but failed to cause any casualitys. razorback 1 and 2 also combined their firepower on THA but also didnt managed to cause a single casuality. strike squad 2 fired at TH1 and caused 1 casuality. Strike squad 1 fired at THA but also failed to cause any damage. with that the turn 3 of the grey knights ended

Dark Angels Turn 2:
Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney Darkangelsturn2

reserve rolls have been made and all the remaining units came in. Squad SB3 deepstriked on top of a hill in order to shoot at the stormraven, scattered a bit to the right however and no longer wasnt able to fully see the SR. SB2 made a scatter roll and drifted 7" also to the right. terminator squad TH2 deepstriked striked in without scatter and arrived close to SB1 & SB2.
hammernator squad TH1 shot his cylone missles towards razorback 2 and immobilized it. after that they charged at the razorback and wrecked it once and for all. making a 1" consolidation move. Terminator squad SB1 and 2 fired towards Razorback 1 but didnt made it through the cover saves. belials THA squad aswell as hammernator squad TH2 also tried to kill off the razorback 1 and stunned it. belials squad tried to charge at the razorback but failed to make it through the terrain. terminator squad SB3 fired at the stormraven however missed it completely. end of turn 2. dark angels lead with 1 killpoint.

Grey Knights Turn 3:
Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney Greyknightsturn3

razorback 1 tried his fortify save but got blocked by the psychic hood. strike squad 1 moved closer towards Belial and his men, strike squad 2 and dread 2 moved a bit down in order to make room for my stormraven. the stormraven moved onward and dropped off GM ignis and his terminators. after that he shot his mindstrike missled, hurricane bolters and plasma cannon towards Belial and his squad only managing to cause a wound to belial. the mindstrike missles however were able to cause 3 perils of the warp attacks on the librarian wich he failed to make and died. the machine spirit fired the multimelta on Hammernator squad TH1 but failed to kill anything. both of my dreads combined their fire towards belials unit but caused no wounds, strike squad 1 and 2 also combined their firepower on belials unit and managed to kill of 1 termiantor. after that strike squad 1 decided to run towards belial and his retuine to cause as much damage as possible. they couldnt reach belial directly so they activated hammerhand and striked into the unit killing off one hammernator. belial and his remaining comrade striked back and killed off 3 strike squad members. ignis and his man fired towards terminator squad TH1 but didnt caused any damage, in the assault the psychostroke grenades didnt caused anything. ignis and his terminators both activated hammerhand, however only ignis made it and they killed off 3 hammernators. the remaining one caused 1 wound wich i took onto thawn wich he failed to make. the inquisitor and his warband shot towards terminator squad SB1 but the scattering was too high and as such they only killed 1 terminator. the conversion beamer scattered onto TH2 however didnt managed to kill anything. Killpoints : dark angels 2. Grey Knights 1.

Dark Angels Turn 3:
Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney Darkangelsturn3

the terminators marched onward and terminator squad SB2 fired on razorback 1 and managed to wreck it with its cylcone launcher. terminator squad TH2 fired onto the dread and destroyed one of the autocannons. termiantor unit SB1 tried the same however wasnt able to cause damage. squad SB3 fired on the strike squad and managed to kill off 2 of them. they barely managed their LD test. belial and his hammernator killed off the remaining 2 strike squad members without them beeing able to kill anything in return and made a 6" consolidation move. ignis and his mates killed off the remaining hammernator without him beeing able to strike back, making a 5" consolidation move. ending the turn. Dark angels kill points 4. grey knights 2.

Grey Knights turn 4:
Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney Greyknightsturn4

i rolled for thawns revive and made it, he moved towards belial and his hammernator but didnt managed to get a kill with his stormbolter, in his assault however he activated hammerhand and his force weapon and made all his 3 attacks towards belial and caused 2 wounds of wich one was unsaved and as such killed belial, the hammernator however avenged his master and killed thawn, making a 2" consolidation move. grandmaster ignis walked towards terminator squad SB3 and fired their weapons at them, causing no damage. after successfullly making difficult & dangerous terrain test, their charge, with reroll to hit due to psychostroke grenades and 2 hammerhands managed to kill off 4 terminators with the one with hammer& stormshield remaining. his strikes to avange his brothers made at grandmaster ignis however got deflected by ignis swordplay. dread 1 backed off a bit and fired towards SB1 but caused no damage. dread 2 combined his firepower with strike squad 2 and the stormraven and didnt managed to cause a single wound on the terminators of unit SB1. the inquisitor and his warband also fired towards the terminators of SB1 and managed to kill the seargent and a normal one. end of grey knights turn 4. Dark angels killpoints 4, grey knights 3

Dark Angels Turn 4:
Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney Darangelsturn4

hammernator squad TH2 moved onwards dread 1 and fired their missles, however did no damage, with their charge however they managed to stun and destroy the remaining autocannon of dread1. terminator unit SB1 and SB2 walked inside the woods to get some cover and fired towards the stormraven 2 missles penetrated through the armor and one was able to bring it down, destroying it. the remaining terminator of belials unit charged towards the strike squad and killed off 2 off them with his shield protecting him against all their counter attacks & hammerhand. the termiantor of units SB3 got slain by the halberd terminators in ignis unit. granting them a 2" consolidation move. end of turn 4 of the dark angels. dark angel killpoints 5, grey knights 4

Grey Knights Turn 5:
Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney Greyknightsturn5

thawn (thankfully) made his i shall not yield move and hogged off that one killpoint from the dark angels and moved & ran towards the wreck of the razorback to seek shelter. the inquisitor and his men fired towards termiantor squad SB1 but didnt managed to cause a casuality, ignis and his mates charged into the combat of the strike squad and the hammernator, killing him off before he could kill the striker. the striker made a 4" consolidation move towards the wreck but failed to get into them. ignis and his unit made a 3" one towards the remaining dark angels. dread 2 fired on unit SB1 and still wasnt able to get a kill. the combat between dread1 and the hammernators ends with dread 1 getting beaten to a wreck by the hammers.making a 3" consolidation move. end of grey knights turn 5.killpoints: dark angels 5, grey knights 5

Dark Angels turn 5:
Battrep 03/08 of the 1750 points friendly tourney Darkangelsturn5

the terminators marched onwards, unit TH2 firing his cyclone missle launcher towards the grey knight of strike squad2 and killed him. the terminators of unit SB1 and SB2 combined their firepower to destroy the weapon of dread2. ending turn 5 for the dark angels. Dark angels kill points 6. grey knights 5.

we rolled if the game goes on and made a 1. ending the game with a victory for the dark angels.

all those stormshields seriously hurt on my lower ap weapons, psirifles are awesome for light vehicles but against terminator armor they become a gamble that you lose most of the time. i should have moved dread 1 away sooner so he wont get charged, however i didnt thought he would survive that long considering those 6 cyclone missle launchers. it was however one really awesome game and one of the most challenging for me. also having him to give me the initiative gave me one less turn to attack him wich was a superb decisiion. i expect no less from a good player and painter as him

my unit of the game : justicar thawn. having him charge off alone again and him killing off belial was just priceless lol!

next battle : Orks
i dont know if i manage to bring the next battle report in this week as i have some stuff to do. so expect battle report number 4 next week

Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:52 pm

Another awesome report Brother Souba! Definitely a well-played game on both sides.

Looking forward to seeing the ork battle!
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCrimsonGlass Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:00 am

Fantastic report as usual brother!
TheCrimsonGlass
TheCrimsonGlass
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Godless-Mimicry Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:22 pm

Few rules things: Surprised nobody picked up on this but Razorbacks get Lascannon and TL Plasma Gun not TL Plasma Cannon. So you had a slight advantage there by using a gun it can't have. Also, Rad Grenades only activate when you assault, not when you are assaulted. Thawn could not have multi-assaulted the Tac Squad and the Assault Bike as single models are not permitted to multi-assault. Lastly for now, the way you said Thawn charged in the right flank of the unit so their fist could not attack him, that is wrong. To begin you must charge closest model to closest model at the onset of the assault, and then the enemy gets to pile in. Furthermore his fist was not an IC so can attack if within 2" just like any other model.

Reports are good though. I agree your recklessness helped you out game 3. Hard luck on game 3 however if I have to be honest you made the mistake of skipping your first turn instead of capatalising on his deployment; you should have cast Warp Quake with both Strike Squads and moved and ran them to spread out the area of effect limiting him to DS into his own corner of the board far away from your units. I also think you boxed yourself in a bit in that game.

Looking forward to the next one.
Godless-Mimicry
Godless-Mimicry
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2011-08-18

Grey knight
stats:

http://blog--hammer.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down