Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1000 and 1500 point attempt at balanced gun-line list

2 posters

Go down

1000 and 1500 point attempt at balanced gun-line list Empty 1000 and 1500 point attempt at balanced gun-line list

Post by Romes Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:12 pm

I played eldar and csm back about years ago and jsut got back into the game. I wrote up the 1000 and 1500 point versions of the army I'd like to user. I'd appreciate input.
A few notes beforehand:
This is supposed to be a mobile gunline, hence the focus of getting psycannons into the paladins (the Inquisitor deploys with the paladins, both for the cannon and so he is only wounded as toughness 5 at range).

The dreadknight is an artillery hunter, hoping to shunt turn 1 behind a building and assault either their guns or the back of a vehicle turn 2. I am assuming logical rules for the DK, as I know there is debate, but assume even if technically right now it's got silly things like counts as jump infantry and normal ST fists, those will be faqed.

I wanted more razorbacks, but the models are so expensive per point!

My main concerns are
1. Lack of good AP value weapons.
2. Am I too light on troops for point capture?
3. Is taking a minimized HQ the way to go? (the grey knights one just seem so prohibitively expensive for their game impact)
4. Dreadknight versus stormraven for mobile striker? (I decided on the dreadknight because, while each has it's advantages, the dreadknight seems more durable. Am I wrong?

1000 point list

HQ
Ordo Malleus Inquisitor 80
Terminator Armor, nemesis Daemon Hammer
Psycannon

Elites
 Paladin Squad , 2 Paladins 110
P1, Halberd,
P2, Force Sword

Troops
 Strike Squad 1 9 GK, 1 Justicar 260
halberd on justicar
1 Psycannon,
Razorback, heavy bolter,

Strike Squad 2 9 GK, 1 Justicar 215
halberd on justicar
1 Psycannon

Heavy
Dreadnought 135
Twin-linked autocannon x2
#2 Autocannon
Psybolt ammunition

Nemesis Dreadknight 200
Teleporter

Total 1000

[list][*]

Last edited by Romes on Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Romes
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-07-30

Back to top Go down

1000 and 1500 point attempt at balanced gun-line list Empty Re: 1000 and 1500 point attempt at balanced gun-line list

Post by Romes Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:17 pm

1500 Point List

HQ Ordo Malleus Inquisitor 80
Terminator Armor, nemesis Daemon Hammer
Psycannon

Elites  Paladin Squad , 5 Paladins 345
P1, Storm bolter, Halberd, force sword
P2, Storm Bolter, Force Sword
P3, Storm Bolter, Warding Staff
P4, Psycannon, Halberd
P5, Psycannon, Daemon Hammer

Troops
 Strike Squad 1 9 GK, 1 Justicar 225
halberd on justicar
2 Psycannon,

Strike Squad 2 9 GK, 1 Justicar 225
halberd on justicar
2 Psycannon

Strike Squad 3 4 GK, 1 Justicar 160
halberd on justicar

1 Psycannon ,
Razorback, heavy bolter
Heavy Dreadnought 135
#2 Autocannon
Psybolt ammunition

Dreadnought 135
#2 Autocannon
Psybolt ammunition

Nemesis Dreadknight 200
Teleporter

Total 1495

Romes
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

1000 and 1500 point attempt at balanced gun-line list Empty Re: 1000 and 1500 point attempt at balanced gun-line list

Post by Rivan Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:33 pm

Hello, welcome to the forums!

For your 1000pt list, not sure if the RB adds much. I would rather take it out and use the points to give both GKSS squads 2 psycannons each. And you still have enough points to give one squad psybolts. GKSS have the option to deep strike anyway so you can get them to a particular area of the board fast.

The 1500pt list looks good. I would probably use the last 5pts to give your RB psybolts and make them S6 heavy bolters.

Just my two cents. Welcome again! Smile
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Romes Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:27 pm

Rivan,

Thanks for the warm response. =)

I had thought about getting more psycannons/psybolt ammo instead of the razorback.
My logic for the razorback is, while it will rarely be used to transport, it's 45 points for a separate target that can contest, move and fire.

My worry about grey knights in general is that so few models makes the army seem fragile in that every marine dead really hurts. Taking an additional tank instead of upgrades feels like a way to have more board presence without sacrificing resilience. I suppose, since I'll have the 2 extra pyscannon strikers for my 1500 point list anyways, I can try it out both ways. I guess maybe it depends on how many rounds those extra 2 pyscannons end up firing as heavy rather than assault maybe?

Also, good idea on the 15 point list, I didn't know what to do with those 5 points. It was either that or put another halberd somewhere, but it would be on a one attack model, so that felt silly.

Romes
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:18 pm

Hmm, good points on the RB. I guess it can also function as a mobile bunker/terrain as your guys advance. Let us know how the list does when you get some games in.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down