Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2000 point Campaign Army

+4
Brother Joshua
Valten
Torqameda
ijbrowning
8 posters

Go down

2000 point Campaign Army Empty 2000 point Campaign Army

Post by ijbrowning Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:29 pm

Here's what I will be fielding for our stores July Campaign:

HQ
- Draigo (275)

Troop
-Paladin Squad - Apoth w/NWS, 1w/BB, 1 w/MCPsycannon, 2 w/NFH (425pts)
-10 man Term Squad - Justt w/MC NFDH, 1Psycan, 1 Incer (435pts) thinking of Combat Squading them if needed

Fast
-Storm Raven - TwnLkd MultiMelta, TwnLkd Lascan, Hurricane Bltr, XtrArmr, Psybolt, TeleHom, TruSilver (295pts)

Heavy
- Purgation Squad - 2 Psycan, 1 Psilecr, 1 Incin (150pts)
- Dreadknight - NGS, HvyPsycan, Teleporter (270pts)

Elite
-Vindicare Assasin (145pts)

I think its pretty versatile with being able to Deep Strike and provide shooting for armies like Tau. Due to our campaign cerryover from last month, Draigo has 5 wounds instead of 4! Twisted Evil Thoughts?

ijbrowning
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 3
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

2000 point Campaign Army Empty Re: 2000 point Campaign Army

Post by Torqameda Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:39 pm

Model count: 28 (25 "normal", 1 Monstrous Creature, 2 IC)
Vehicles: 1

My only concern is that you lack a lot of range and your heavy reliance on deep strike. You have a TLLC on your SR, but that is a very vulnerable model and (assuming you are using it to carry your Paladin squad) will likely be a high priority target. I personally cannot say I like the Heavy Psycannon on the NDK just because it scatters on 2D6-4 (and from experience has never proven to be greatly reliable), and given that a 66.67% chance of missing... I'd (personally) rather spend the points elsewhere.

In fact, I have found that for popping enemy transports (because NDK doomfists only hit at S6 and not S10), Psyflemen (2x TLAC w/ Psybolt Ammunition, 140 points) are great alternatives and are a very cheap option for what you get. 4 S8 shots at BS4 (alternatively you can trade it in for a Venerable Psyfleman at 210 points, which means 4 S8 shots at BS5 along with extra survivability against shooty army lists).

What I find curious is that you do not have Teleport Homer (15 pts) on your Purgation Squad, and instead have it on your SR. Give your Purgation Squad a Rhino (40 pts), push them up, "deploy" the homer (I believe you aren't allowed to move the preceding turn in which you utilize the homer), and giggle as your GKT and Paladins effortlessly jump onto the board (and I'm pretty sure Draigo has Psychic Communion to aid in Reserves rolls as well, yes?). Of course, I can't say how you plan on utilizing your SR (once your SR is destroyed, you cannot use the homer), but placing it with the Purgation squad does seem like a safer bet.

I'm also not sure if you really need the Apothecary (75 points for a situational FnP is a very hard decision to make for many lists), especially if Draigo is in the squad (looking at some mathhammer numbers crafted up by a good number of players), since he increases the survivability of the squad already. By replacing the NDK and Apothecary, you could fit in either a 5 man GKSS or even a 5 man Purifier squads (both with rhinos respectively). Lastly, depending on what list you are playing against, you may want to consider replacing the Vindicare with either another assassin of choice (unless you need a fixed list for the entire campaign?) or shave 5 points and add a 140 pt. Psyfleman.

Just my 2 cents anyways, but a 5W Draigo will be invaluable for you for sure! Good luck!

Torqameda
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-06-14

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by ijbrowning Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:49 pm

Thanks a lot! I will definitely look at making some adjustments!

ijbrowning
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Torqameda Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:06 pm

ijbrowning wrote:Thanks a lot! I will definitely look at making some adjustments!

Just a heads up: I don't want to seem like I am "in the right"; different people will have different ways in which they play. If you are a very aggressive player, then sometimes fortune favors the bold. A well-organized army is a great thing, but a strategic player who knows how to exploit his list's potential is infinitely more valuable than any other asset you could potentially have (other than rage-quitting and flipping the table, incurring over hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars in broken models and terrain).

Torqameda
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valten Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:12 am

The DreadKnight is very expensive for what it is. You've given it a PT, which means you're going to be getting close the enemy. Why not put a Heavy Incinerator on it instead? 12" range, no scatter + ignores cover saves? Arguably the best weapon on the Dreadknight.

What roll will that Purgation Squad be filling? If you move you can't shoot the Psilencer. If you're too far away you can't use the Incinerator. If you try to pop a vehicle the Incinerator and Psilencer are pretty useless.

Don't forget that Psyrifle Dreads are actually only 130 points not 140. If you got rid of both the DK and Purgation Squad you could have 3(!!!) Psyrifle Dreadnoughts. These, coupled with the long range of the Assassin would give you the edge you need in the first couple of turns of each game. It would also give you enough points left over to add a BB to the 10 man Terminator Squad.

Finally, is there a reason why you've given the Stormraven a TLLC? It has Psybolt Ammo which IMO makes the Assault Cannon a much better option.

All of this is just my opinion, so take it with a pinch of salt.
Valten
Valten
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2011-02-14

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Joshua Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:42 am

Also if your still taking a stormraven, dont take extra armour. its 15 points and it alredy has the Fortitude power...
Brother Joshua
Brother Joshua
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 21
Army : Black Templar, Inquisition, and Grey Knights!!!!
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Torqameda Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:32 pm

Valten wrote:
Don't forget that Psyrifle Dreads are actually only 130 points not 140. If you got rid of both the DK and Purgation Squad you could have 3(!!!) Psyrifle Dreadnoughts. These, coupled with the long range of the Assassin would give you the edge you need in the first couple of turns of each game. It would also give you enough points left over to add a BB to the 10 man Terminator Squad.

I had a brainfart. Razz A Psyfleman is 135 points (115 base, 10 points right-arm TLAC, 5 points left-arm TLAC, 5 points Psybolt Ammo).

Torqameda
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCrimsonGlass Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:03 pm

^I had an inkling that you may have been going crazy there Brother Torqameda Razz

Only 195 for a ven dread! Very Happy
TheCrimsonGlass
TheCrimsonGlass
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2011-05-16

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:37 am

I think the original list is ok but the weak parts are the DK, and the Purg Squad.
Probably recommend swapping the DK for two Psyflemen dreads, and the Purg squad and most of those upgrades on your SR + the Apoth for more Paladins, and max number of Psycannons on the GKT and Pallies.

The option of teleporting is Solid. BUT you don't want to rely upon it.
You could also mix around points to get a squad of purifiers or something to go in the SR.

IMO Hurricane Bltr, XtrArmr, Psybolt, TruSilver are a waste. The TLLC is nice for range anti tank, and I'd probably recommend the TML instead of the hurricanes. You can't fire them when moving far with the Psybolt ammo anyway. The TML + TLC on the other hand is good ranged anti tank shots, or the TML can be used for blasts against hordes in a pinch.

You could also consider just a Purg squad with 4 incins for inside your SR. Cheap and nasty.

The vindicare isn't bad by any means but is situational, and limited in shots over a game. You can make it work but you'll need to be very skilled with your choices. I like the callidus more, for the shock factor although its somewhat a one trick poney.
If you want him for anti tank I'd almost suggest taking another Psyfleman dread instead, if you want to take out power fists etc then it might be worth it.

Also if you take a cheap Purg squad in the SR, give them a teleport homer, instead of the SR. Its cheaper.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:41 am

I think your list is nice, stick with the DK if you like it, but try to give him an Incin, much better in all regards. IMHO dreads are great for poping light armour, but against heavy armour they're meh. Your army approach is in-your-face, so the DK fits the bill nicely. Besides new strategies with other units are always welcome, using the same unit over and over again feels like we're back to the Daemonhunters era.

The SR should remain @200 pts. Not worth it adding any special wargear. TLMM and TLLC is the standard for us GK, if you like add some hurricane bolters for extra anti-infantry fun. Just decide what role the SR will have in your strategy. A shooty SR should only have TLMM and TLLC, an assaulty SR can have the Bolters added.

Finally as Brother Z. mentioned it, give your Purg Squad a specific role, I'd go with the 4xPsycans, but 4xincins is also quite nasty. Perhaps mounting them in a Rhino for extra mobility could be nice, if you can get the points.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot to mention, why not take 10 paladins, and only 5 Termies? After all you're playing Draigo Wink
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by GMKDynamis Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:42 am

Let it rain pallys... all day! There is a storm brewing brothers. Surprised