Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Topdogs 2000pt Newbie Knights

+2
TheCrimsonGlass
Tophawtdog4411
6 posters

Go down

Topdogs 2000pt Newbie Knights Empty Topdogs 2000pt Newbie Knights

Post by Tophawtdog4411 Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:31 pm

Hey there!

Names Dave, i recently bought a pretty large set of grey knights on craiglist and am making a 2000pt list for most of the stuff I\'ve gotten.

HQ

Grand master w/ MC force sword, psy grenades, rad grenades, incinerator, blind grenades and x3 servo skulls 260

ELITE

Venerable dreadnought w/ assault cannon, twin-linked autocannon and psy-bolt ammo 190

5 man Paladin squad w/ x2 psycannon, x2 halberd, pair of falchions, MC DH 325

5 man purifier squad w/ x2 halberd, x2 psycanno, MC DH and razorback w/ psy-bolt ammo 194

TROOP

10 man Strike squad w/ x2 psycannon, MC DH, psy-bolt ammo and rhino 285

HEAVY SUPPORT

Dreadknight w/ personal teleporter, heavy incinerator and greatsword 260

Dreadknight w/ heavy psycannon and greatsword 195

questions)

1 should i replace grand master with a libby or is that really just preference?

2 Are paladins better footslogging, transported in a chimera/land raider or deepstriken w/ the assistance of servo skulls?

3 Are purifiers better in rhinos or razorbacks?

Tophawtdog4411
Tophawtdog4411
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Topdogs 2000pt Newbie Knights Empty Re: Topdogs 2000pt Newbie Knights

Post by TheCrimsonGlass Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:25 pm

Welcome! We are glad to have you!

1. I think it's usually preference. Both are very good. My personal preference is the GM because I really like Grand Strategy, but the libby can really increase the survivability of a paladin squad. I would test them both if I were you.

2. Paladins need some manner of mobility at 2000 points. Your two dreadknights will probably be keeping the AP 1 and 2 weapons busy, so it's not AS dire, but I would still at least deepstrike them with the servo skulls. A transport is pretty much always preferable if you can afford it though. I mean, you're not just paying 255 points to move your squad safely, you're getting a lot of power in that landraider as well.

3. I don't think it matters too much, as the purifiers just need to get across the field without getting torn up first. This is another personal preference thing (the personal preference thing comes up quite often actually...).

Hope I helped Brother Tophawtdog, and it's great to have you here!

-Brent
TheCrimsonGlass
TheCrimsonGlass
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 619
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-05-16

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tophawtdog4411 Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:41 pm

Cool, and thank you for the warm welcome! Very Happy

However, how is the list? Do you think its a decent all-comers list?
Tophawtdog4411
Tophawtdog4411
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew frost Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:43 am

1. With the current tournament sceen I would go with the Lib, you will need as much psy defence as you can get. Dreads are good but the psy hood would be helpfull. I am going to a tournament on the weekend and out of the 40 attending, 5 (including myself) are grey knights, 6 eldar and 6 wolves.
2. Paladins need to be getting stuck in asap, so transport (land raider) or deepsrtiking is the way to go, (your equipment looks like you want to use them as a fire base though) you do not want to give your opp to many turns of shooting into them no matter how tough they are (one's do happen).
3. I would look at the rhinos for the purifers, they are for hand to hand so you will be useing the transport to get them across the field, (but again the 2 psy cannons make me think that you want to use them for shooting and have lost the hand to hand edge).

I think that your basic tactic with this list would be with this list to sit back and shoot, with some counter attack ability, this is ok until you hit a raider spam list with night shields (-6" to your shooting will realy suck), which will pick you apart at long range with there dark lances, there first target will be the dread and then the dread knight with the teleporter.

andrew frost
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 27
Army : Grey Knights, Deamons, Eldar, Tau
Registration date : 2010-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerer Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:43 am

For 2000 points DEF squeeze in a Librarian!
Hammerer
Hammerer
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Tophawtdog4411 Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:08 pm

Well i wasnt really satisfied with my current list, so i tinkered my list and a bit and swapped the grand master for a libby, took out the venerable dread, threw in coteaz and a nice long range inquisitorial squad to hang back and provide a firebase

HQ

Librarian w/ warding stave, sanctuary, might of titan, warp rift, quicksilver, the shrouding and x3 servo skulls 225

Coteaz 100

ELITE

5 man Paladin squad w/ x2 psycannon, x2 halberd, pair of falchions, MC DH 325

5 man purifier squad w/ x2 halberd, x2 psycannon, MC DH and razorback w/ psy-bolt ammo 194

TROOP

5 man Strike squad w/ x1 psycannon, MC DH, psy-bolt ammo and razorback w/ psy-bolt ammo 175

Henchmen w/ x2 Weaponsmiths, x3 servitors w/ plasma cannons, x2 crusaders, x5 acolytes w/ stormbolters and chimera

HEAVY SUPPORT

Dreadknight w/ personal teleporter, heavy incinerator and greatsword 260

Dreadknight w/ heavy psycannon and greatsword 195

Tophawtdog4411
Tophawtdog4411
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerer Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:05 pm

That sounds better ^

Though Im not sure if you should of taken out grandmaster...It def saves you points, Coteaz is a good choice only 100 points

Also The crusader's stormshields provide a 4+ invulnerable save for the squad they are protecting right?
Hammerer
Hammerer
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:26 pm

curious on why corteaz instead of a cheapo normal inquisitor. for his cool powers, or just cuz? Im just asking because i never play inquisition units, and most of the time i see corteaz its for taking multiple henchmen squads.

Crusaders are on page 48 of the codex. They have normal stormshields

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tophawtdog4411 Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:19 am

yes, the crusader provides a stormshield to the squad but it is a 3+ inv rather than the 4+ you provided

I bought coteaz because of the fact that he is a bargain for 100 pts, enables to choose henchmen, and most importantly he has access to the "I've been expecting you" rule and Sanctuary; With those two abilities, he enables the squad he joins to be more defensively powerful, which is why i put him in the squad with plasma cannons and weaponsmiths because this squad is going to stay back and provide long range fire support which is something i was really lacking in my first list.
Tophawtdog4411
Tophawtdog4411
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:54 am

welcome on board
hard to choose in 2000 points between libbie and GM ... i guess i'll choose the GM anyway (cause my representing character is a GM and cause i love his new abilities) i think i'll choose the libbie for <2000 and the GM for >2000 ... why not choosing the 2 of them ! Wink Razz
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down