Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quest for the truth!

+6
Zealadin
Rivan
Sai
Aubec le noir
DonFer
Constantine
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Quest for the truth! Empty Quest for the truth!

Post by Constantine Tue May 10, 2011 10:59 am

DonFer wrote:
elugin wrote:We should send all the other questions we have collected so far in this forum, as well. Hoping they'll find an answer in the official FAQ.

I second your suggestion Brother! Maybe a special thread for them?

Ask and you shall receive Brothers!
Let's compile a list of questions here and send it off Smile
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Quest for the truth! Empty Re: Quest for the truth!

Post by DonFer Thu May 12, 2011 9:10 am

Mmmm. No questions yet? Well I have one.

How in the world does the Personal Teleporter actually work with:
1. Interceptors
2. NDK

DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Thu May 12, 2011 9:15 am

are the 2 cc weapons included in the profile of the DCA or not ?? ... in another way : Does the DAC have 3 or 4 energetic attacks in assault ??
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Thu May 12, 2011 10:54 am

What don't we know about the personal teleporter? Do you mean the physics of it? I think the guys just start running, flip a switch, phase into warpspace and then phase back double quick before they get nobbled by the things that live there.

The question is, how do Grey Knights do this better than a warp spider exarch who has been pulling the same trick for a thousand years. Is the only answer that the knights are rock hard and the aspect warriors are weak willed incompetents who regularly lose their souls in the warp?
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Thu May 12, 2011 12:25 pm

Not at all.

How Personal Teleporters interact with Infantry and Moustrous Creatures (a.k.a. NDK) is unclear and should be clarified. Thus avoiding such nonsense as paying a PT for the NDK and claiming it can be trasported in a SR, just because it is Jump Infantry. Want it or not this kind of situation is posible due to the lack of clarification on the rule for PT. Other cases include 12" movement for interceptors and NDKs and loosing Infantry and MC status once PTs are taken.

So no, no fluff question whatsoever.
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Thu May 12, 2011 4:10 pm

I figure it says they're jump infantry so they move the 12" like any other jump infantry listed in the rulebook. They count as 2 models in transports and can impale themselves on difficult terrain if they use their packs to move. It says they 'are jump infantry.' It could have been made simpler by just saying that in the army list, but it seems quite plain in their entry.
The NGK moves as jump infantry, but otherwise keeps it's monsterous creature status on account of it still being bloody massive. It's the equivalent of giving a daemon prince wings. Having wings doesn't stop it pounding holes in things.

I mean, i could be wrong with the 12" movement, but anyone claiming their NDK is hiding out inside a stormraven while a dreadnought clings to the tailpipe needs hitting in the face until all you're doing is pounding bloody bone into the floor. And then you stop. They literally don't have enough common sense to survive, so you should do the human race a favour and permanently remove them from the gene pool.

Then again, this codex was written by saturday morning cartoons, so anything is possible. So rather than launch straight into the pounding i guess we should wait until the FAQ comes out. Write a death list.

Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Thu May 12, 2011 4:21 pm

Sai wrote:I mean, i could be wrong with the 12" movement, but anyone claiming their NDK is hiding out inside a stormraven while a dreadnought clings to the tailpipe needs hitting in the face until all you're doing is pounding bloody bone into the floor. And then you stop. They literally don't have enough common sense to survive, so you should do the human race a favour and permanently remove them from the gene pool.

I wholeheartedly agree about the pounding Razz
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Thu May 12, 2011 8:22 pm

You can't lose MC status so only rules abusers are trying to make this an issue.

The DCA gets an extra attack for two CCW, works the same in all situations across all codexes. Unless it specifically states that the model gains the extra attacks already shown in their profile.

The Warp Spider question is a good one though :p
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Fri May 13, 2011 1:37 am

what about the SR moving flat out : does it possess a 4+ cover save or not (a 3+ with the libbie power) ??
(in my understanding, here is a topic to post the questions on unclear rules... not a topic to interpret rules imho, so let's check the questions, compile them and after see which question is worth posing to GW and which one could be answered with the basic or codex rules...)
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by itsuperslug Fri May 13, 2011 2:11 am

how many extra attacks do falchions do give?
can you 'shunt' (move 30") in a scout move?
If you have a daemon blade, roll 11/ 12, and are already a psyker do you have both psychic powers?
do multiple 'hammerhand's' stack with each other?
do multiple 'might of titan's' stack with each other?
can you use the same psychic power multiple times a turn?
is 'cleansing flame' a CC attack for sake of CC only saves?
what happens if a vindicare destroys a terminator inv save, is the 2+ also destroyed, has has just 'killed' the terminator armour!

Last edited by itsuperslug on Tue May 24, 2011 3:07 pm; edited 6 times in total
itsuperslug
itsuperslug
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 180
Army : ultramarines, grey knights
Registration date : 2010-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Fri May 13, 2011 7:22 am

Sai wrote:I figure it says they're jump infantry so they move the 12" like any other jump infantry listed in the rulebook. They count as 2 models in transports and can impale themselves on difficult terrain if they use their packs to move. It says they 'are jump infantry.' It could have been made simpler by just saying that in the army list, but it seems quite plain in their entry.
The NGK moves as jump infantry, but otherwise keeps it's monsterous creature status on account of it still being bloody massive. It's the equivalent of giving a daemon prince wings. Having wings doesn't stop it pounding holes in things.

I mean, i could be wrong with the 12" movement, but anyone claiming their NDK is hiding out inside a stormraven while a dreadnought clings to the tailpipe needs hitting in the face until all you're doing is pounding bloody bone into the floor. And then you stop. They literally don't have enough common sense to survive, so you should do the human race a favour and permanently remove them from the gene pool.

Then again, this codex was written by saturday morning cartoons, so anything is possible. So rather than launch straight into the pounding i guess we should wait until the FAQ comes out. Write a death list.

I see your points Brother, but allow me to respectfuly clarify that the whole point of this thread is compile the questions about rules we players can't agree/interpret/use-them-correctly; not answer them.
I too have my own interpretation (which actually is the same as yours) but some rules need to be actually explained by GW in order to be used correctly. I cannot blame those people that use the SR to move a round a couple of NDKs. It may sound stupid yes, but if seen objectively, the rules (as written today) actually allow it. Just like the falchion issue, we need straight answers from GW.
Imagine GW saying that you can actually carry the NDK on the SR. Suddenly the beating and the gene pool removing don't sound like common sense any more.

PS. What is a DCA?
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Fri May 13, 2011 9:28 am

DCA = death Cult Assassin ... sorry Embarassed Wink
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Fri May 13, 2011 9:47 am

Suddenly the beating and the gene pool removing don't sound like common sense any more.

Way ahead of you:

The only question that's come up for me is can a character throw more than one type of grenade at a time. And I assume the answer is yes because the rules are written in a way that supports this (it's all about lasting for a turn and assault/being assaulted.) It seems likely that a marine would be able to throw a cluster of grenades I guess.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Fri May 13, 2011 11:34 pm

If you -could- (big if) transport a NDK you could still only carry ONE, unlike people trying to cram a few in.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by MaizoonUK40k Sat May 14, 2011 9:04 am

Falchions - how many attacks +1 / +2?
Summoning - can the tellaport homer be used to summon with no scatter?
Shunt Move - Used in the scout phase?
Hammerhand - Does it stack?
NDK - PTD (personal tellaport device) do thay change to jump infantry or will it be classed as BOTH MC and JI at the same time?
NDK - Doomfists strenght as its not a walker?

Some of these are i think are no brainers BUT having said that, they do need to made quite clear by GW to insure ppl dont abuse the loopholes. I have my own ideas about this and have quized many GW workers etc and im very confident about the answers i have now to them.. BUT they need to be in black and white to be absoloute.
MaizoonUK40k
MaizoonUK40k
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 23
Army : Grey Knights / Space Wolves
Registration date : 2011-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by sabian Sat May 14, 2011 10:31 am

Aubec le noir wrote:are the 2 cc weapons included in the profile of the DCA or not ?? ... in another way : Does the DAC have 3 or 4 energetic attacks in assault ??
Aubec pirat

4 They don't include 2 close combat weapons in profile.
sabian
sabian
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 123
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-05-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Sun May 15, 2011 8:01 am

sabian wrote:
Aubec le noir wrote:are the 2 cc weapons included in the profile of the DCA or not ?? ... in another way : Does the DAC have 3 or 4 energetic attacks in assault ??
Aubec pirat

4 They don't include 2 close combat weapons in profile.
yes it seems you're right brother... that makes DCA very powerful and cheap cc monsters !! affraid
one of the best choice we have in our codex.
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun May 15, 2011 9:16 am

I just want to take a moment to clarify the purpose of this thread.

If we can get enough Rule questions (no Fluff) together then I can send them over to GW as a unified whole, and get some answers. Several of the questions are already answered on this site in Brother Souba's thread Here https://greyknights.forumotion.com/t2019-found-something-nice-on-bs so read through it first.
Then if your question is not answered, put it in red so I can quicklt skim through and cut and paste them.
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Sun May 15, 2011 8:27 pm

I seem to recall alot of these questions being recently answered by GWS, although I saw the post on YTTH's where Stelek was a bit of a douche and ripped all the answered apart and made a huge troll of himself.

At this point even the GWS staff who answer the rules questions have said its up in the air until a FAQ comes out with the official rulings. They can give a set of answers to play with until that time, but nothing more.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by itsuperslug Mon May 16, 2011 1:46 am

Zealadin wrote:I seem to recall alot of these questions being recently answered by GWS, although I saw the post on YTTH's where Stelek was a bit of a douche and ripped all the answered apart and made a huge troll of himself.

At this point even the GWS staff who answer the rules questions have said its up in the air until a FAQ comes out with the official rulings. They can give a set of answers to play with until that time, but nothing more.

I quite agree, although someone has received an email from a lowly GW employee no answer is definite until an official FAQ comes out from the FAQ team. As such no question has been answered yet. Any of us could produce an FAQ document but it will not be official.

A lot of the question I have seen though can be answered from reading the rules properly and using a bit of common sense!
itsuperslug
itsuperslug
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Mon May 16, 2011 7:51 am

The problem is that at this point there are so many interpretations of the rules, that common sense is not applicable anymore. Mad
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Mon May 16, 2011 8:01 am

I think the problem is more that common sense isn't so common anymore.
For those that have it there are far fewer unanswered questions :p

Unfortunately those that don't tend to argue vehemently about things they really shouldn't. Of course looking at some of the past GWS rulings I'm not suprised there is -some- confusion, they often go out of their way to destroy a rule in a FAQ 'update'.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon May 16, 2011 8:07 am

Zealadin wrote:I think the problem is more that common sense isn't so common anymore.:p

Sad but true...... I gues we will just have to wait until the official FAQ comes out.
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Mon May 16, 2011 8:07 am

That and pray that GWS finds enough common sense to make it a good one Very Happy
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by itsuperslug Tue May 24, 2011 3:08 pm

questions I have so far:

how many extra attacks do falchions do give?
can you 'shunt' (move 30") in a scout move?
If you have a daemon blade, roll 11/ 12, and are already a psyker do you have both psychic powers?
do multiple 'hammerhand's' stack with each other?
do multiple 'might of titan's' stack with each other?
can you use the same psychic power multiple times a turn?
is 'cleansing flame' a CC attack for sake of CC only saves?
what happens if a vindicare destroys a terminator inv save, is the 2+ also destroyed, has has just 'killed' the terminator armour!
itsuperslug
itsuperslug
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next