Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New GK's 2000 pts

+8
Aubec le noir
Zealadin
rogueuk
Nausaden
Border
DarkRonin
NemesisForce
Rivan
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New GK's 2000 pts - Page 2 Empty Re: New GK's 2000 pts

Post by Rivan Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:30 am

Really depends on the mission and deployment.

The 2 GKSS squads will probably be spaced out w/ around 24" between them to give me around a 48" spread left to right as well as a 24" bubble front to back. This will ensure I don't get any unwanted drop podding sternguard, wolfguard, dreads as well prevent any unwelcome termicide units in my area of the board.
The GKT will most probably stay back and hold an objective until they're needed elsewhere and the libby "summons" them.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nausaden Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:46 pm

Very cool Rivan, thanks! Very Happy

My own list for 2000 is looking like this (using the leaked dex's point costs, sadly)

HQ-Grand Master Mordrak

HQ-Librarian upgraded to level 3/ The summoning, might of titan, quick silver, sanctuary.
-teleport homer ( I will assume since the summoning uses deepstrike rules, this will work)

EL- 8 man Paladin squad; 2 Daemonhammers, 2 incinerators, 4 halbreds, brother hood banner, apothecary. All weapons master crafted.

TP- 5 man Grey Knight terminator squad, 2 Daemonhammers 2 halbreds 1 Sword. 1 Incinerator.
TP- 10 man GKSS. 1 Daemon hammer, 6 halbreds, 2 incinerators, 1 sword.

Heavy support- Land Raider Crusader w/extra armor, multi melta

Heavy support- Nemesis Dreadknight W/ Greatsword and heavy
incinerator/flamer, teleport pack.

This feels like my dream list; as you can tell by all the incinerators it intends to get up close and personal VERY soon.

So how does it work?

Mordrak, with librarian and 8 paladins attached deepstrike turn 1 (assuming the enemy doesnt just reserve everything) right into the very heart of the enemys army, or weak point. Librarian summons the Land Raider, which will be carrying the GKSS (unless I feel they should be combat squaded, in which case instead it will be the GK termies). Dreadknight and Termies are safely deployed on my side, holding objectives, or waiting to be immediately teleported to the Librarian on my next turn.

Turn 1, Mordrak's squad unleashes purging fire on a key target, the LR summoned safely and placed to block LOS of whatever I don't want getting to Mordrak during their turn, forcing the enemy to run or try to get to bears with 75% of my army right inside their weak point. If the guys in the LR can get out, they will use their incinerators and either hit another target, or focus on whatever Mordrak's on.

The LR POSM's a weapon, probably multi melta....assuming its lucky I might blow up a powerful tank or something.

With all those fancy psyker powers, and the 3 Daemonhammers (+hammerhand) the Paladin squad with Mordrak will rip apart anything they come into contact with. I'll put as many wounds as I can on Mordrak himself, in the hopes of Ghost knights coming out to be more shielding. The Dreadknight will either footslog, and then shunt 30", or teleport himself. GKT's will most likely be summoned.

The Grand Strat will either be making more things like the NDK scoring, or giving counter attack to make the teleporting squads even more powerful.

This list has 27 models. If I had more terminators, I'd probably drop the GKSS so I can get more of them, as I love GKT's. This list is going to have serious trouble with heavy vehicles; for shooting. But in close combat, every squad has the potential for strength 10, and the Librarian has might of titan to make it surefire. The Dreadknight likewise will cut through tanks like a hot blade through butter.

I LOVE the image of safely teleporting the entire army into the heart of the enemy; the purging fires wiping out the ideal threats. Assuming everything bears the brunt of the weathering storm, which I think they will do being so damn strong (Paladins) the enemy will have their insides turned outside Wink

The list I said should be a little under 2000; I might consider giving the Paladins that thing that makes plasma within 12" bs1 to lessen then change of more wounds. In objective games I'll probably combat squad the GKSS, the ones with incinerators teleported to burn stuff.

But, please Brothers, let me know what you think! cheers I'd like to use purifiers and more Grey Knight termies, but that'll have to be saved for even larger point games perhaps. This feels really "ELITE" to me.
Nausaden
Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1085
Army : Pure Grey Knights *Daemon Hunters*
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nausaden Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:08 pm

Ah, sorry to double post. I am considering making the Crusader into a Redeemer..slightly cheaper, and adds more to the flame sort of theme. Granted, the 10 GKT/Paladins can't get in it then unless they do take losses early on.

The list is mostly what I want, but also out of the models I have. I only have 16 PAGK now, all painted well and such. I don't really feel much like going to buy another PAGK pack too soon, but that will at least let me have 20 PAGK's, so maybe 2 squads of 10 instead of the termies.

Then again, I love the Terminator theme Wink
Nausaden
Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by rogueuk Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:37 pm

its nice i like it. i think Gm and libs are going to be a common pairing in high pts armies

has anyone wrote a 1k list yet probably have about 10 models in it
rogueuk
rogueuk
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 361
Army : tau, chaos marines, daemon hunters
Registration date : 2009-12-17

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nausaden Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:01 pm

Thanks. My friend made a 1000 point Crowe list, using purifiers as troops. We're going to test these lists out later today and see how they work.

It's hard to make a list thats so low though with GK's XD Especially with all the new shiny things...
Nausaden
Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:29 pm

So my list continues to evolve...I think I've finally reached the right mix of fluff, GT viability and most importantly, how I want my army to look on the tabletop Very Happy

HQ
GM w/ master-crafted warding staff, psycannon, rad grenades
Libby w/ Summoning, Shrouding, Quicksilver, Might of Titan, 3 servo-skulls

TR
5 x GKSS (1 psycannon)
5 x GKSS (1 psycannon)

EL
6 x Paladins (2 psycannons, brotherhood banner, warding staff
5 x Purifiers (2 psycannons, 3 halberds, Rhino)
8 X Purifiers (1 incinerator, 6 halberds, 1 master-crafted hammer, psybolts)

HS
LR (godhammer pattern)
NDK w/ personal teleporter & greatsword

31 models (40 wounds); 10 KP

Libby joins the 8-man purifiers in the LR. With 7 psycannons (3 of which are Relentless), a heavy bolter and 2 TWLLC, the army will shoot and shoot until CC is required or unavoidable (except for the NDK which will try go for surgical strikes on devastator/long fang squads or enemy armor. In CC, the 2 purifier units should do well against hordes while the GM/paladin unit should pretty much be able to take on anything.

If I switch out my GM for Draigo, the list will look like this:

HQ
Draigo
Libby w/ Summoning, Shrouding, Quicksilver, Might of Titan, 3 servo-skulls

TR
5 x GKSS (1 psycannon, razorback w/ TWLLC)
6 x Paladins (2 psycannons, brotherhood banner, warding staff)

EL
5 x Purifiers (2 psycannons, 3 halberds, Rhino)
8 X Purifiers (1 incinerator, 6 halberds, 1 master-crafted hammer, psybolts)

HS
LR (godhammer pattern)
NDK w/ personal teleporter & greatsword

26 models (36 wounds); 10 KP

Still have 30 pts to allocate. Fewer models, only 5 psycannons but I get another light tank/transport and I get another TWLLC. Same concept w/ the first list, shoot until CC is required.

What do you guys think?
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:02 am

It seems extremely light on troops. Most opponents will simply try and kill your troops off and win the game via objectives if thats the mission.
9 models have a 2+ save but the rest are still only a 3+ and you only have two vehicles and one MC.

It doesn't make target priority hard, and your relying a huge amount on the LR for delivery.

Its not impossible to win with minimum troops, but with the new codex troops are good, and customisable, so there isn't really a reason to gimp yourself on scoring units.
At 2000 points I just see too many armies built around the meta being ideally set up to deal with your force.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:48 am

i agree with brother zealadin ... too few troops and some easy choices of targets.
maybe in including Crowe ... as you use lots of purifiers ... he make them troops ... ? scratch
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valten Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:23 am

True but if you stay with the GM he can make the Purifiers scoring anyway so you don't really need Crowe.
Valten
Valten
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 552
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-02-14

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:55 am

But then you have to use your GM's ability to confer an extra ability that way, and since he gives the same to D3 you end up with 1-3 extra troop choices rather than say counter attack or even scout, letting you steal extra movement. It also totally takes away the flexibility of the ability, instead of choosing whatever suits facing your opponent (say counter attack versus BA, or DE particularly if you have halberds) you are stuck with the one choice.

Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valten Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:58 am

I suppose so, but you couldn't have Crowe + Libby + a GM to get these abilities.

I'd rather take a Libby than Crowe any day of the week.
Valten
Valten
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:10 am

True, Crowe is pretty terrible, I think he is usable, but really... so many better options. He is like a tax to take purifiers as troops.

That being said GKSS and GKT are both good troops, there is just so much candy in the codex now compared to the last one which had like 4 choices.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valten Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:35 am

To be honest, I think I may go for a Coteaz + Libby / GM list myself. Get the model count up a little. Plus any GK that can't DS can have a henchmen screen in front of them.

I haven't looked at the Codex enough to see if doing something like this is viable so I'll have to see next weekend.
Valten
Valten
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:32 am

He basically lets you take an unlimited amount of troop entry henchmen warbands, which isn't bad when you consider how you can set them up.

Plus he is cheap!

I also just noticed the Librarians cost, and I thought he was cheaper! Actually quite expensive!!!
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:18 am

Thanks for the feedback Brothers!

Yeah, the troops choice in both lists are pretty light (although w/ the Draigo, the the paladins make for an extremely tough troop unit). However, like you mentioned, depending on the mission, Grand Strategy can hopefully offset that.

If it's a kill point mission, then I don't have to worry about scoring. If it's capture and control, I many not need more scoring depending on the deployment since all I need to do is hold 1 objective and contest the other. Seize objectives will probably be the only mission that will force me to make more troops choices. Even then, it depends on how many objectives are rolled for.

The LR is a TWLLC firing platform foremost, and transport second. That's why I didn't take the LRR or LRC. It can actually sit back and shoot and when something comes near, the purifiers can jump out and knock it out. Still, I do agree more troops is desirable. I just find the points too limiting since I definitely want to have the other specialized units too Razz
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:10 pm

Apologize for the DP, but here is an adjusted list that gives me a little bit more Troops.

HQ (465)
Draigo
Libby w/ SUM, SHR, MoT, QS, WR & 3 servo-skulls

TR (600)
10 x GKSS w/ 2 p-cannons, psybolt ammo
5 x Paladins w/ 2 p-cannons, warding staff, hammer, b-banner

EL (415)
8 x Purifiers w/ 1 'cinnie, 1 hammer, 6 halberds, psybolt ammo
5 x Purifiers w/ 2 p-cannons, 3 halberds, Rhino

HS (520)
Land Raider
NDK w/ greatsword, h 'cinnie & p-teleporter

The GKSS can split up to give me an extra scoring unit if needed + options from Grand Strategy. Draigo boosts the paladins survivality from AT shooting (since Draigo can block melta and lascannon shots w/ his face Razz ). The LR will primarily be a long range firing platform. I can actually switch it out for the SR and add 2 more purifiers to the 8-man squad but that will "force" me to advance the SR early. Still debating that one scratch
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Driz1 Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:15 pm

HQ:Russel Crowe:150
T:Purifier (x10) 1xDhammer/4xHalbreds/2xPsycannon in 2xACPB RZ:357
T:Purifier (x10) 1xDhammer/4xHalbreds/2xPsycannon in 2xACPB RZ:357
T:Purifier (x10) 1xDhammer/4xHalbreds/4xPsycannon in 2xACPB RZ:377
T:Purifier (x10) 1xDhammer/4xHalbreds/4xPsycannon in 2xACPB RZ:377
T:Purifier (x5) 1xDhammer/1xHalbred/2xPsycannon in 2xACPB RZ:231

Can kick out more fire power than a mechig list at same point cost.

Stationary

IG:
8xChimera's standard 6 shots a piece=48
HW=6
2 ordance
=56

GK:
14 Psycannons =56
Psybolted Assaultcannon's=20
66 stationary

This is just raw firepower not kills

Driz1
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2010-01-29

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:34 pm

You could get two DK's with the GS for the price of that one, couldn't you:?

Still seems light on bodies, but I've seen a guy with a list that was 20 bodies at 2k and he could do ok with it.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:34 pm

Zealadin wrote:You could get two DK's with the GS for the price of that one, couldn't you:?

Still seems light on bodies, but I've seen a guy with a list that was 20 bodies at 2k and he could do ok with it.

Yeah. If I go w/ the SR, I still only have 32 infantry (albeit 41 wounds). The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking the SR will work better just because of mobility. In any case, it'll give me a chance to have a cool looking army w/ both the NDK and the SR on the table Very Happy I won't be aiming to win every game anyway Razz
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Xethik Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:32 pm

Rivan, I'm thinking of a list similar to what you are going for. I do have a lot of transports, but I hope this may give you some ideas. (I also have 2 Dreadnoughts for anti-tank goodness, but you can spend the points on more purifiers easily or a Dreadknight).

Grandmaster - [240]
Psycannon, Blind and Rad Grenades
Librarian - [165]
Summoning, Shrouding, Might
Troops:
5 man Grey Knight Terminator Squad - [230]
Psycannon, Master-crafted Daemonhammer, and 3 Halberds
10 man Grey Knight Strike Squad - [275]
2 Psycannons, Master-crafted Daemonhammer
Rhino
10 man Grey Knight Strike Squad - [275]
2 Psycannons, Master-crafted Daemonhammer
Rhino
Elites:
8 man Purifier Squad - [272]
2 Psycannons, Master-crafted Daemonhammer, 5 Halberds
Rhino
Heavy Support:
Dreadnought - [136]
Two Twin-linked Autocannons, Psybolt Ammunition, Searchlights
Dreadnought - [136]
Land Raider Crusader - [271]
Multi-melta and Psybolt Ammunition, Searchlights

I'm not a huge fan of Paladins as anything my Terminators are afraid of kill Paladins just as easily. Plus, you are paying quite a bit if you plan on increasing killyness through Master-crafted weapons. Can't take as many heavy weapons, that is true, but I think that isn't too big of a deal if they are in a LR most of the game.

Not saying my list is better, but hopefully you may draw inspiration from it. Or something.
Xethik
Xethik
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 200
Army : Grey Knights, Dark Eldar, Ravenwing and Deathwing
Registration date : 2010-08-10

http://the-grey-knight.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:49 pm

Thanks for the list Brother Xethik. I'm definitely also looking at the option of using GKT's instead for less points Very Happy
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Border Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:50 pm

Xethik wrote:
Heavy Support:
Dreadnought - [136]
Dreadnought - [136]

You are paying 136 points for essentially 4 shots at strength 8 AP 4, I still think taking a terminator with 4 Shots at strength 7 AP 4 Rending is better than that and not to mention WAY cheaper. Psycannons can also penetrate a Land Raider where Autocannons cannot.
Border
Border
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Grey knight
stats:

http://www.kbanadyga.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xethik Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:04 pm

Well, there are a couple reasons I like Dreadnoughts with this configuration. Not that it is better, but what I prefer.

1) Long range. Almost twice the effective range of Terminators. (30" vs 56") is a biggy. Really helps shake/stun things as I move to move-field.

2) Reliability with firing. While there could be Terminators in the squad with these guys with Psycannons, Dreadnoughts are immune to small arms and with Fortitude, practically have to be killed to stop them from shooting. That or blow off the weapons. If I can keep a cover save up all game (especially a 3+) then I'm an extremely happy player.

3) Reliability with Penning/Glancing. With both twin-linked and another strength higher, these autocannons are a bit better than psycannons at hitting on the damage table against low AV targets. Sure, they are worse against those targets I need to rend, but I'd be focusing my psycannons on those.

4) Tarpit. While I would lose shooting for a couple turns, I can hold an enemy in place who may have 0 chance of killing me while my other units move to where they need to be. Sure, most squads do have Krak grenades, power fists, or even meltabombs, but grenades are going to have a tough time hitting and one power fist isn't guaranteeing a kill there.

5) Last, but not least, line of sight. Terminators can't see over most vehicles while Dreadnoughts can, hitting targets over my rhinos and perhaps even Land Raiders. Of course, this is the same for return fire, so I have to be careful.

Oh, and not to mention they make the Aegis a lot stronger, but I probably wouldn't be relying on that too much.

Again, my personal opinions, not saying it is better 100%. I do appreciate the comments, though. Perhaps I will pick up a small Paladin squad or some more Psycannons from other places in lieu of these Dreads.
Xethik
Xethik
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 200
Army : Grey Knights, Dark Eldar, Ravenwing and Deathwing
Registration date : 2010-08-10

http://the-grey-knight.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:52 pm

Here's another list I'm contemplating (staying away from special characters):

HQ - GM w/ m-c warding stave, rad grenades
HQ - Libby w/ SUM, SHR, MoT, QS, WR & Sanct; 3 skulls
TR - 10 x GKSS w/ 2 pcannons, psybolts
TR - 10 x GKSS w/ 2 pcannons, psybolts
EL - 5 x Paladins w/ 1 pcannon, 1 plencer, 1 warding stave, 1 hammer, brotherhood banner
EL - 10 x Purifiers w/ 3 pcannons, 1 hammer, 1 pair falchions, 5 halberds, psybolts, Rhino
HS - Dreadnought w/ 2 TWL autocannons, psybolts
HS - LRC w/ psybolts

Very shooty list (up to mid-range anyway). GM can make pallies, purifiers and/or dread scoring if needed.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:02 am

39 models not too bad for our codex and a strong list
i think this type of list will be the standard soon with the full termies ones ... but yeah i'm not a prescient ! Razz
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down