Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Dex Q&A

+31
RCDragon
shadow
Kavanar
Grandmaster Markus
Ceasarian
rogueuk
scarrboros
brother captain sean
Titus
DonFer
fa11en
Primarch
itsuperslug
nevek
kenderleech
raven925
Brother Blutcher
Grimhack
Slind
MJSwasey
Zealadin
Constantine
Souba
DarkRonin
Nausaden
madbakery
Nygo
Rivan
Aubec le noir
Spartan
NemesisForce
35 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

New Dex Q&A - Page 3 Empty Re: New Dex Q&A

Post by NemesisForce Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:16 pm

Hmmm...are you sure the p-cannon/'cinnie points aren't the other way around for the GKSS? I thought it was a misprint in the leaked dex. The p-cannon was always higher. If you happen to grab another look tomorrow Rivan, does the Purifier squad start off at 120 or 130 points. Pease and tank you.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:26 pm

NemesisForce wrote:Hmmm...are you sure the p-cannon/'cinnie points aren't the other way around for the GKSS? I thought it was a misprint in the leaked dex. The p-cannon was always higher. If you happen to grab another look tomorrow Rivan, does the Purifier squad start off at 120 or 130 points. Pease and tank you.

Pretty sure on the GKSS but I'll double check tomorrow. Same upgrade costs for the interceptor squad. I also thought it was weird for the p-cannon to be cheaper.

Purifiers start off at 120. Interceptor squads start off at 130.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:37 pm

Sweet. The Purifier squad is the same price. I totally missed the 'cinnies are now S6. Auto-hits and wounding on 2+ is gonna be gravy. Smile
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:39 pm

NemesisForce wrote:Sweet. The Purifier squad is the same price. I totally missed the 'cinnies are now S6. Auto-hits and wounding on 2+ is gonna be gravy. Smile

You know it just hit me why the 'cinnie could be more expensive for a GKSS/Interceptor squad...well more for an GKIS. Imagine them using Dark Skies from a SR and landing wherever they want w/out scattering and no dangerous terrain test and dumping 2 S6 AP4 templates on an enemy unit...
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:45 pm

Well, can't Purifiers dump 4 'cinnies and they're all free? Shhhh...we won't complain about price. Smile
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:52 pm

True. They can jump out of a rhino or razorback and give some S6 template love Razz

I think Purifiers are still hands down the best unit in the game. I would rather get 10 purifiers and buy 4 p-cannons rather than use a purgation squad. At least the purifiers are still pretty decent in CC.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:00 pm

Did anyone manage to check out the Assassin entries in the book? I'm curious about a few things, such as the disappointment that both the Culexus and Eversor Assassins didn't have Infiltrate while both the Vindicare and Calidus have it.

Have there been any changes to the Eversor and can the Calidus assault the turn that she has appeared?
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 554
Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:01 pm

Roger that on the Purifiers. They are going to be spammed big time. They are definitely the gems of this dex.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:02 pm

I'll check tomorrow. However, I'm pretty sure the Calidus lost her ability to assault on the turn she arrives. She basically arrives using the DS rules but does not scatter.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:08 pm

That kinda sucks, but she comes in with a S4 AP2 Large Blast though, and she can use her Neuro Shredder on top of that.

Also, since the Librarian starts with a Nemesis Force Sword, does that mean he has a +1 to his Invulnerable Save as well? That would mean he would be running around with a 4+ invulnerable save then.
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:11 pm

DarkRonin wrote:That kinda sucks, but she comes in with a S4 AP2 Large Blast though, and she can use her Neuro Shredder on top of that.

Also, since the Librarian starts with a Nemesis Force Sword, does that mean he has a +1 to his Invulnerable Save as well? That would mean he would be running around with a 4+ invulnerable save then.

Not sure if it was a large blast, thought it was a random no. like d6 S4 AP2 hits but I'll make sure.

Yes, if you stay w/ a nemesis sword for the libby, he'll have 4++ in CC.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:38 pm

Ah so the nemesis swords only provide +1 in CC. Interesting how those work. Also since the Nemesis Doomfist acts like a DCCW weapon, doesn't that kinda make the hammer as a relatively pointless option to have on a Dreadknight?

I just caught a leaked image of the nemesis weapon section and it said that. Actually, does the Dreadknight still have the doomfist from the Leaked Codex? I'm just trying to wrap my head around this because if so, it would technically have two DCCW weapons, and it would have a +1 in CC then even though its been said otherwise. Just contemplating on how I'd like to have them set up as.
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:00 pm

@DR: only the vindicare has Infiltrate Sad Non of the other assassins have it.
The NDK has 3 attacks already accounting for the 2 doomfists. True, the hammer is also S10 but it is also a force weapon. The doomfist is not.

@Nemesisforce: I was correct about the weapon costs. The 'Cinnie is more expensive than the p-cannon for both the GKSS & GKIS.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:27 pm

Thanx for that Rivan. Do you happen to know how much those grenades that reduce toughness cost and wether B-C's can take them? Is the cost of psy-ammo still 5 points?
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by raven925 Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:56 pm

I just got back from a game with a friend of mine and i got a chance to play the new dex, and wow, just wow. The new codex just blew me away, very impressed. Id have to say the psycannon is the weapon id never go a game without. Its new profile is perfect, and adding rending is just amazing, just amazing enough to kill two Wraith lords, The Avatar, and two Wave Serpents in one turn. Twisted Evil
raven925
raven925
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 201
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2009-06-09

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:30 pm

Crikey, man. How many p-cannons did you have? Shocked Can you gives a bit more in-depth stuff? What are some of the weaknesses you encountered? What did you field?
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:38 pm

NemesisForce wrote:Thanx for that Rivan. Do you happen to know how much those grenades that reduce toughness cost and wether B-C's can take them? Is the cost of psy-ammo still 5 points?

Rad-grenades are 15 pts. Not sure if a BC can take 'em but I'm fairly certain they can. Psybolt is still 5 points for IC and vehicles and 20 pts for squads.

Cool fact, they removed the restriction on temple assassins using vehicles. Yes, looks like you can have your eversor or culexus commandeer a vehicle (after deployment). How about the vindicare shooting from a rhino? lol

My local gaming store just got their codex so I'll be going there tomorrow to look stuff up again (at least I don't have to drive 60+ miles now Razz )

I'm trying hard not to succumb but the vindicare is just too cool not to use in a GT. I think he lost the ability to shoot into close combat (not sure yet) but everything else considered, he's sooooo worth the 145 pts
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by raven925 Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:06 pm

NemesisForce wrote:Crikey, man. How many p-cannons did you have? Shocked Can you gives a bit more in-depth stuff? What are some of the weaknesses you encountered? What did you field?

Of course i can.

In all i had 9 Psycannons, 10 f you include the heavy Psycannon on the Dk. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Ill give you the list i was running:

GM-230
-P-cannon
-warding stave
-Psychtroke nades
-Orbital relay
-Master crafted weapon

Librarian-210
-Mastery lvl 3
-Quickening
-Might of titan

4 Paladins-285
-cinnie'
-2 Psilencers
-Psycannon
-all have Master crafted weapons Twisted Evil

7 Gkss-150
-P-cannon

7 Gkss-150
-P-cannon

7 Gkss-150
-P-cannon

Purgation squad-180
-4 P-cannons

Dreadknight-235
-Nemesis greatsword
-Heavy Psycannon

LRR-270
-Multi-melta
-Extra armor

This was supposed to be 2000 points but im about 35 points under.

The game started off really bad, as he had Dark reapers and completely murdered one of my Strike squads in about 30 seconds, but i hid the rest of my stuff really well so the rest of the game they were doing nothing. I think our real weakness is the low model count(obviously) and the lack of long range, they are beastly at mid-range and pretty much destroy anything that comes within 24". Anti-tank i dont think is really that much of a problem now considering our p-cannons rend but thats only with armor 13 and lower, or maybe it was just that i had 10 psycannons...... Unfortunately my paladins didnt get to see some hand to hand action as i was reluctant to go forward with the LR due to all his vehicles and Wraith lords having bright lances. Once the LR was dead i just piled the termies out and used them to soak up ridiculous amounts of fire while they stood still in the middle of the field calling orbital barrages down killing a full squad of fire dragons, a full squad of dire avengers, and finishing off a dark reaper squad along with psycannons and psilencers. Psilencers are a great weapon that you can throw on a squad for cheap, though id recommend 2-3 because thats where they really shine. Id also like to point out that putting the Nemesis greatsword on the DK is the greatest thing known to man, re-rolling all failed hits, wounds, and getting 2d6 for armor penetration is so AWESOME!

If anyone has any other questions, feel free to ask.

raven925
raven925
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nausaden Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:48 am

Yes please; I'd like to know more on the Dreadknight! It has some sort of psychic power...Dark something or other. It has something to do against daemonic gifts, but what precisely?

As an artist, I'd like to know exactly what you guys think of the art in the book. I have only seen the cover myself of course, from far off on the internet.

Who can take what grenades? Can a whole termie squad take rad grenades? Psyk-out grenades? (What do those do again?) Empyrean brain mines?

More ideas for a full Terminator army, with purifiers and a dreadknight? Possibly paladins for the Grandmaster (Be he Mordrak/Draigo) and a libby..I want to see the most effective list with these aspects (Land Raiders can be in too).

Speaking of which, the teleport ability of the Librarian; I hear he can do it to vehicles with an upgrade...can he do this if there are, say, GK's inside of said vehicle? And then can they come out and shoot the tar out of something?

What does the orbital strike relay do, exactly?

Do we have psychic hoods? What do we have to deal with psykers? Or those jerks who nullify our psyker powers?

I'm sure I have more but these are thoughts burning in my mind XD And do we get +1 for our stormbolters in any case? If not...how tragic. Normal knights only get 1 attack if I recall.

Alright, thanks Brothers!! I am selling stuff...but since I am moving to California to be with my love I am going to only be able to buy either a Dreadknight, a squad of Termies, or the codex for now. I'm thinking of going with the Dreadknight. I love it.
Nausaden
Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1085
Army : Pure Grey Knights *Daemon Hunters*
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:19 am

for the Pals : 2 special weapons for 5 men so if you have 4 pals you can't have 1 cinnie, 2 psylancers and 1 psycannon
btw the MC is only 5 points for the GKGM and in the french codex they forgot to write 5 points EACH, so for 5 points you can have all the weapons MC... but they write 5pts each for the BC so i think there will be a FAQ soon correcting that.... but during that time ... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:14 am

@Nausaden:
- NDK has Dark Excommunication, daemons in B2B lose their demonic gifts
- the art is awesome, even the black and white sketches
- pske-out grenades are standard for everybody: demons & psykers you assault are down to I1; rad grenades can only be taken by IC types and they reduce enemy unit's T by 1 in first turn
- Libby can summon vehicles with warp stabilization field. Yes, they can have models inside I think. Vehicle arrives via DS in the movement phase so I'm thinking yes, they can disembark and shoot or run as normal but cannot assault
- as long as GM/BC does not move, he can call a strike and choose what type, can't remember them right now but there are 3
- only the Libby can take hoods. We can use a vindicare, mind-strike missiles from the SR, etc.
- SB doesn't give us +1A anymore
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:09 am

Can GKSS, GKIS and Purifiers take melta bombs?
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:13 am

I almost sure they can't. I know HQ's can take it though.

I'll have to verify this later.

Edit (add):

@Nausaden - here are the different orbital strike relay options (taken from B&C)

Orbital Strike Relay
Can fire an orbital bombardment with one of the following profiles:
S6 AP4 Heavy 3 Large Blast Ordnance
S10 AP1 Heavy 1 Large Blast Ordnance. Entire template counts as the center hole.
S6 AP4 Heavy 1 Large Blast Ordnance. Causes immediate Perils of the Warp on psykers hit.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by raven925 Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:19 pm

Aubec le noir wrote:for the Pals : 2 special weapons for 5 men so if you have 4 pals you can't have 1 cinnie, 2 psylancers and 1 psycannon
btw the MC is only 5 points for the GKGM and in the french codex they forgot to write 5 points EACH, so for 5 points you can have all the weapons MC... but they write 5pts each for the BC so i think there will be a FAQ soon correcting that.... but during that time ... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Aubec pirat

I t appears you are right, thanks for pointing that out brother. That just leave me more space for MORE PSYCANNONS!
raven925
raven925
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Blutcher Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:10 pm