Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Codex: Grey Knights. Unconfirmed stuff but oh so cool

+14
itsuperslug
Xethik
Rivan
Grimhack
DarkRonin
NemesisForce
Aubec le noir
scarrboros
Sai
bigbri
Titus
Nausaden
Klomster
Corennus
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Codex: Grey Knights. Unconfirmed stuff but oh so cool - Page 2 Empty Re: Codex: Grey Knights. Unconfirmed stuff but oh so cool

Post by Rivan Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:48 am

itsuperslug wrote:Currently thinking of Castellen Crowe, full squad of Purifiers, with incinerators, mounted in a stormraven, armed with hurricane bolters/ assault cannons/ multi-melta. Take that horde army!

Trouble is I keep reading the 'leaked' dex and finding errors! e.g under 'Warp Quake' description - ... all enemy teleport homers and other items of wargear that prevent Deep Strike ... cease to function... So the power does what, enables the enemy to deep strike near us????

I know it's an early draft but this kind of thing worries me!

Pretty sure it prevents units DSing w/in 12" of our unit. But we'll see.

Finally! An answer to DSing drop pods with meltas or termicide units w/ combi-meltas cheers
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Codex: Grey Knights. Unconfirmed stuff but oh so cool - Page 2 Empty Re: Codex: Grey Knights. Unconfirmed stuff but oh so cool

Post by fa11en Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:59 am

The 'prevent' might be deliberate on the basis it stops the enemy equipment from stopping your own deepstriking units coming in.
fa11en
fa11en
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 140
Army : Grey Knights, Daemons, Deathwing & Flesh Tearers
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by itsuperslug Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:09 pm

I know whats it's 'meant' to say. There are no devices that stop deep striking so how can you have a power to stop them! The powers clearly meant to stop teleport homers and the like.

It just annoys me that they got something, I consider, so simple so wrong!
itsuperslug
itsuperslug
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 180
Army : ultramarines, grey knights
Registration date : 2010-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by raven925 Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:16 pm

Grimhack wrote:what I don't like is that I've skimmed through it and basically read "Codex space marines"... okay with a few new things but not really what I like. Also, our terminators became almost worthless in my opinion, ws4 and if the s6 is gone... I don't know if I'll keep playing the dear knights...

This is EXACTLY how i feel, word for word.
raven925
raven925
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 201
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2009-06-09

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Xethik Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:45 pm

itsuperslug wrote:Currently thinking of Castellen Crowe, full squad of Purifiers, with incinerators, mounted in a stormraven, armed with hurricane bolters/ assault cannons/ multi-melta. Take that horde army!

Trouble is I keep reading the 'leaked' dex and finding errors! e.g under 'Warp Quake' description - ... all enemy teleport homers and other items of wargear that prevent Deep Strike ... cease to function... So the power does what, enables the enemy to deep strike near us????

I know it's an early draft but this kind of thing worries me!

I believe it is "all enemy teleport homers and other wargear that prevents Deep Strike scatter cease to function."
This is what the version I've had for a while has said, I actually don't have the newest 'leak' downloaded.
Xethik
Xethik
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 200
Army : Grey Knights, Dark Eldar, Ravenwing and Deathwing
Registration date : 2010-08-10

http://the-grey-knight.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:23 pm

The one I have says:

All enemy teleport homers and other items of wargear that prevent Deep Strike scatter within 12" of the strike squad cease to function whilst the power is in effect. Furthermore, any enemy unit deploying by Deep Strike within 12" of the Strike squad (after scattering) will automatically suffer a Deep strike mishap.

Of course, this could be changed in the final version.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by fa11en Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:14 am

Not having a copy of all the codexes, I'm not sure if one does contain deep-strike preventing equipment. That said it may be to counter something coming in a new codex that has yet to be released too. Either way it makes no difference to the overall effect of the power.

Also having played a game Monday with this list I can say that they play nothing like normal marines, but equally they no longer play as per the old grey knights either. This is something new and a lot of fun. Sad though the loss of WS5 & +2S is, I was seriously impressed by the potency of power weapons, +1I & +1S.
fa11en
fa11en
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 140
Army : Grey Knights, Daemons, Deathwing & Flesh Tearers
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbri Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:20 am

I was having another glance through the 'dex, specifically at the HQ's trying to work out how much a GM is going to cost me. Anyone have a clue what Empyrean Brain Mines are?

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 712
Army : Grey Knights/Space Wolves/Imperial Guard
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:10 am

not at the moment cause sadly the pre-codex lacks the fluff AND the wargear parts Crying or Very sad
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:33 am

Judging from what we can see right now, no matter what we do, all GM's will be either at or over 200 points.

I have three variant models for a GM (Storm Bolter, Psycannon, Incinerator), and I am glad that I can still use them according to this leaked codex at least. Trying to figure out the cost of my psycannon totting GM is leaving me with a GM that was much more expensive then it has been before.

Though I am glad that we can take as many master-crafted weapons as we can carry on our models and it cheap to boot.
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 554
Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:04 am

Same here Brother DR. My GM has a halberd and p-cannon. He's my best model and I'd love to continue using him. But as it is he is 175 + 45 (p-cannon) +35 (if I want to upgrade him to level 2). That's 255 before mastercrafting or any other options affraid

Still, being able to pump out 4 36" S7 rending shots at BS6 might be too tempting to pass Razz
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:36 am

I'm with you there Brother Rivan. If our Psycannons do change to that, I'd be very much so tempted to take it. Hmm... if we Master-craft the guns that a GM takes, can we re-roll after rolling the BS6 roll? It's still going against its BS to see if it hit or not.
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:09 am

A die can only re-rolled once.

That has been part of GW ruling for ages, unless they suddenly removed it in the latest edition.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:46 am

no the rule is still the same
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:52 am

Eh then no point in Master-crafting the gun that a GM uses then.
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:58 am

yes you can re-roll one failed dice (but just one) imho
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:08 am

Seems kinda silly, because if your rolling against BS6, you miss you get a chance to hit with a roll of a 6, that is still part of your normal shot. So the Master-Craft then wouldn't allow you to try again against your BS at that point.
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:19 am

IMO, the 5 pts will be better used for other gear like grenades maybe.

Hitting at BS6 should be more than sufficient Very Happy
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:47 pm

DarkRonin wrote:Judging from what we can see right now, no matter what we do, all GM's will be either at or over 200 points.

I have three variant models for a GM (Storm Bolter, Psycannon, Incinerator), and I am glad that I can still use them according to this leaked codex at least. Trying to figure out the cost of my psycannon totting GM is leaving me with a GM that was much more expensive then it has been before.

Though I am glad that we can take as many master-crafted weapons as we can carry on our models and it cheap to boot.

You know you will end up doing one with a Psylencer(sp)... whatever that ends up being... lol!
Titus
Titus
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 298
Army : Grey Knights, Legion of the Damned, White Scars, Space Wolves, Fallen Dark Angels, 1000 Sons of Prospero(pre-heresy)
Registration date : 2010-02-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:03 pm

Titus wrote:You know you will end up doing one with a Psylencer(sp)... whatever that ends up being... lol!

True. Psilencers could turn out to be a happy middle ground option.

The way a GM is going to cost beefed up, taking Draigo for 275 pts instead is not looking as bad an option as I initially thought scratch He's definitely a beast w/ W4 and EW, 2+/3++ etc. Plus he still has the Grand Strategy and Paladins are Troops choices.

I could see attaching him to 3 or 4 paladins (1 upgraded to an apothecary). Attach a libby w/ Might of Titan, quicksilver & mind blades. Put them in a LR type. Get them to where they need to be. Kill at will Razz
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:28 pm

Yea most likely to see how they pan out in the book. Should be fun to work on as well.

Maybe your right about Draigo, but if I was to take him, he'd be under a completely different name. I don't care, the fluff behind him makes him an unreliable commander, but as a compromise between a jacked up GM and him, maybe.

Besides, Psycannon spam from a GM will always be a favorite of mine.

--EDIT---
Just looked over the Paladin entry, hasn't anyone else noticed that it says: "For every five models in the squad, two Paladins may replace their Storm Bolters with:"

It seems to me that we can have a ridiculously sick mobile fire base, especially when we can carry no more the FOUR Psycannons!
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Border Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:10 pm

OH MAN! I didn't notice that! If the rumor for Psycannons is true, pumping out four S7 Heavy shots/ two S7 Assault shots per shooting. Per Psycannon! That is 16 S7 shots! at Heavy or 8 Shots assault.
Border
Border
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Grey knight
stats:

http://www.kbanadyga.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:19 pm

Border wrote:OH MAN! I didn't notice that! If the rumor for Psycannons is true, pumping out four S7 Heavy shots/ two S7 Assault shots per shooting. Per Psycannon! That is 16 S7 shots! at Heavy or 8 Shots assault.

The only drag is, you're looking at 390 pts for 4 Paladins + 1 Apothecary and 2 psycannons (w/ no other upgrades like master-crafting).

Of course, you'll have a 10-wound squad with FNP. You attach Draigo and a libby and you have a DEATHSTAR of deathstar units Razz
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:20 am

Seems to costly, even for an elite army. Since the leaked Dex is a copy of a god-knows-when draft (probably late 2009), then I think this point costs will vary greatly. 400 pts for 5 models with FNP certainly look like the playtesters where just begining to evaluate each units' cost.
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by raven925 Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:08 pm

Im not too worried about having such a high points cost unit, sense the unit will be the deathstar unit of all deathstar units, while being backed up by dreadknights and purifiers. I will be running a minimum of 2000 points. Any lower than that ill be running Coteaz with lots of henchmen, along with 2 dreadknights, 1 ven dread, Inquisitor lord and a LRR/LRC.
raven925
raven925
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2009-06-09

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next