Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Local 40K tourney - GK/CSM vs DE/SM

5 posters

Go down

Local 40K tourney - GK/CSM vs DE/SM Empty Local 40K tourney - GK/CSM vs DE/SM

Post by Rivan Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:13 pm

Yes, you read it correctly Razz GK's teamed up with CSM for this game. I know, I know, its heresy, blasphemy, whatever you want to call it but since the first game is a doubles event, we had to put fluff aside and make it a father/son team. Kyrox fielded his 1500 pt CSM army alongside my 1500 pt GK's for the first game of our local club's new 6 week tourney.

Since it was the store's 10th anniversary for its 40K league, the organizer decided to make it a "throwback" league where people who have older codices can use them. Also, he took elements from the older 40K rulebook editions and included them. Needless to say things were a little confusing but it should be fun. The most important effect this has (especially for me) is that all units are scoring or can capture objectives (unless you have specific rules stating otherwise i.e. swarm, spores, etc). That is awesome for me! Teleporting PAGK squads are scoring cheers

SM/DE List (since the store already had an advance copy of the new DE codex, they were using the new rules for DE)
Chaplain Cassius
7 Assault termies (2 lc, 5 th/ss)
LRC
5 x scouts (ml, snipers)
5 x scouts (hb, snipers)
3 x land speeders (typhoon type? -- it all had missiles and heavy bolters)
2 x vindicators
1 x predator (all lascannons)
The DE list was confusing for me so I'll just put what I remember...
2 ravagers
wyches in a raider
incubi in a raider
DE squad in a raider
De squad
Haemonculus (?)
jet bikes (reavers?)

GK/CSM List
GM w/ m-c nfw, p-cannon, Hammerhand
Ret: 4 GKT's ( 1 'cinnie)
6 x PAGK (2 p-cannons)
6 x PAGK (1 'cinnie)
Inquisitor w/ p-cannon
Vindicare assassin
LR w/ ea & sl
LR w/ ea & sl
Kyrox' List
DP w/ wings, bolt, warptime
7 x plague marines (2 meltas; pfist) rhino
7 x plague marines (2 melats; pfist) rhino
5 x chosen (5 meltas)
5 x chosen (5 plasmas)
2 x predators (all lascannons)
1 x defiler

Mission was seize ground w/ pitched battle deployment. Each objective was worth 5 battle points. We went first.
Summary/highlights:
-combined impressive shooting from our lascannons saw 1 vindicator and the LRC destroyed before they can even move or shoot Razz Cassius and company had to footslog all the way to our lines.
-9 dark lances = bad news for our tanks Razz One LR blew up on the first turn as well and other one surprisingly made it to turn 3 before getting blown up (although it already transported my HQ to where they needed to be so it served its purpose)
-My GM and retinue spank Cassius and assault termies and wipe them out
-incubi are mean! they wiped out one PAGK squad before I can hit back Evil or Very Mad DP came in and wiped them out in return Razz
-my p-cannon squad fall to the wyches but not after dealing a lot of damage w/ their p-cannons
-plague marines lock combat w/ wyches and they were locked in combat for 4 turns! actually, they were still fighting when game ended Razz wyches also had FNP due to pain tokens (?) new rule for DE (?)
-In the end, we squeaked a victory by holding on to 2 objectives vs. 1 for them, victory for the Grey Knights and CSM! cheers

I'm sure Kyrox and I will end up battling each other at some point but that's for another day Very Happy
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Local 40K tourney - GK/CSM vs DE/SM Empty Re: Local 40K tourney - GK/CSM vs DE/SM

Post by Zealadin Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:45 am

GK's would team up with CSM though....
What better way to destroy a mutual opponent while weakening the CSM forces so they can be more easily overcome after the initial battle?
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Local 40K tourney - GK/CSM vs DE/SM Empty Re: Local 40K tourney - GK/CSM vs DE/SM

Post by Aubec le noir Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:25 am

and father/son team is a pleasure that you can't avoid.
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:46 am

Sweet victory. And with your son at your side. Way to bond big guy. Smile
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Ezekiel Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:06 pm

The Chaos Gods bless the path your son threads and eventually,yours too.But only to be slaughtered by a true Champion of Chaos.
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 691
Location : Segmentum Obscurus,Battle Barge Immolative Onslaught
Army : White Raven Space Marines 5th Company and the new Bloodoathed Chaos Space Marines,also Empire General Rainer 'Cursebreaker' 'Dwarf-helper' Raukovs independent 18th army of Nuln
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down