Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pure GK 1250 Force

+5
NemesisForce
Grimhack
Zealadin
Aubec le noir
TheLawinator
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pure GK 1250 Force - Page 2 Empty Re: Pure GK 1250 Force

Post by TheLawinator Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:16 pm

The Ork player was challenged and beaten by a guy below him. That person will probably be challenging me next if I keep my spot. His meltas only have a 12 inch range, but they're all jump troops, wouldn't they catch up quick?

If he takes the sanguinary priests as his other block, I don't really know what I would do. Mephiston himself seems impossible to deal with, because he has T6, can't instant death him and if he gets in assault range I'll just keel over and die.

Hope for a map with tons of terrain?

TheLawinator
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:22 pm

I'm going to have to second the Godhammer pattern Land Raider. It'll be of more use to you then the Crusader. He'll have less troops on the table of course, but with the Land Raider, you'll have 4 Lascannons, and 2 Missile Launchers. Plenty of stopping power to seriously damage his forces. If he takes the Priests, don't worry too much about it, you'll be able to whittle down about 4 Marines each turn if he takes them.

Mephiston may seem intimidating, but he is not an "Independent Character," so he does not have the benefits of one. He is "Independent," just like any of our Assassins, and Daemonhost's. Handle him as you would handle one of them (Of course he is tougher and faster). That foul mutant will go down, and so will the others.

You'll do just fine, have faith Brother, the Emperor protects.
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 554
Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:32 am

Mephiston just needs to be focused down. Keep in mind he can sometimes move as jump infantry, so you hopefully have a Hood to shut down his powers.
Stormboltering him to death with concerted fire power might well work, he is just tough as buggery and will eat your GK alive, his initiative is just too high for it to be worth trying him.
Your GKGM (if you have one) could instant death him, but he has a hood built in, AND he hits first with alot of power weapon attacks also with a force weapon, plus he gets 3 powers a turn.

If I was that BA player I'd be using Mephy and the Priests as the blocks.
They are the only good blocks realistically as his other two choices are somewhat bleh considering what he could have done with them.
If he does use this kind of system he will have three squads of FNP/FC marines with good anti tank ability, a monster HQ and very good movement.

I'd avoid LR's if you use them he might well just DoA a few squads in at once and pop them with the meltas. 6" scatter isn't a huge issue afterall, and your SB's and NFW's won't be as effective due to FNP.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLawinator Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:57 pm

Unless BCs come with a hood, I'm doomed on that front. This battle kinda freaks me out. Whatever armor I take he could probably just jump in and melta on turn 1. Really not sure about this.

TheLawinator
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLawinator Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:55 pm

Update: Haven't played the BA player yet, but I did play the dude that took down the ork player. I managed to get a draw against his SM force of pretty much the following:

MotF
Scout Squad with sniper rifles and an HB
Tac squad in pod with melta and multi melta (motf went with these guys)

Ironclad

And for blocks he had

Sternguard in a rhino with a bunch of meltas

Tac squad with a razorback and a plasma cannon/melta gun

Objectives were seize ground, so I was spread pretty thin. I used the godhammer and the dreads, but I never managed to kill that stupid Ironclad, even when I had a shot on his rear armor. Game drawed when I had 1 objective held by a single knight and contested one of his by tankshocking his scouts with my LR. I found out after I shocked that his sergeant had a meltabomb. Good thing it only shook the LR.

I should be fighting the BA guy this weekend.

TheLawinator
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:30 pm

Not bad to get a draw with seize initiative. That's always hard for us to win. Good luck with the next game!
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLawinator Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:39 am

I got to play another seize ground game, this time against the blood angels mentioned earlier. He took the expected blocks of the priests and mephiston while I had the dreads and the land raider. The ba player conceded after I killed 2 of his assault squads and mephiston after only losing one gk squad and half my terminators, all of which died to mephiston. If I win two more games (or at least draw them) I get to retire as champ and the league will probably end.

TheLawinator
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:16 am

Nice! To all of you who haven't played against BA players, you should NOT be afraid of their assualt squads. They pay points for jetpacks where as we pay points for killy, so as long as you have a gk terminator or two or another squad around to counter assualt with, you can easily overwhelm them both in shooting and in combat. Good win though, mephiston is tricky to play against as a GK player!

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:43 am

Grats on the win! Good job Very Happy
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:01 pm

Very nice stuff!!!
Do you remember how he geared out his BA Assault Squads? I'm working on a BA jumper list and trying to make sure my Assault Squads (core of my force) are as well equipped as possible!
Just wish there was a cheaper way to add in a few extra power weapons to each squad Very Happy
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLawinator Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:05 pm

He only had a fist in each of the squads, meltas and such all over the place.

Here's his list. Yep

TheLawinator
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLawinator Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:51 am

Since my last post, I got to fight the fellow with the Codex marines again. This time it was capture and control, which suited me fine since all I had to do was draw to defend my spot at the top of the ladder. I took the godhammer and teleporting GK squad for this game. He used the same blocks as last time.

Started off the game wonderfully by having his ironclad pod in directly next to one of my troop GK squads and getting a couple of them murdered. I knew they were screwed since they had nothing to pen av 13 other than a melta bomb, which was not going to hit, and my godhammer couldn't get los on it. So, I changed my strategy entirely. Originally I was just going to play defensively, but that plan seemed stupid what with a horrible ironclad marauding around my side. So I packed up everything other than the GK squad that was doomed and headed toward his objective. Murdered the hell out of some scouts, sternguard, and his plasma cannon squad. Almost was screwed when my land raider immobilized itself about 5.5 inches away from the objective with my 3 surviving scoring units inside at the end of turn 5. Thankfully it went on to 6 and I got to clinch the draw (he podded in a tac squad on my objective).

Now, I have one game left to win the day. I can't wait. If I win/draw, I am the champion of this little league, which would be pretty awesome for me. I've only played maybe 9 or 10 times, so getting this with GK would be as sweet as can be.

My next opponent will be Tyranids! They scare me a lot since they're all bullshit.

Here's the list:

Core:
Hive Tyrant- 2x TL Deathspitters w/brainleech, wings = 260

Genestealer Brood (8 )- Broodlord = 158

Tervigon = 160

Termagaunts (18) = 90

Termagaunts (18) = 90

Total: 758

Block 1:
Hive Guard (2) = 100

Zoanthrope = 60

Zoanthrope = 60

Total: 220

Block 2:
Genestealer Brood (Cool- Broodlord w/scything talons = 160

Doom of Malantai = 90

Total: 250

Block 3:
Tervigon = 160

Termagaunts (18) = 90

Total: 250

Block 4:
Trygon- Prime = 240

Total: 240

Thinking teleporting GKs and the crusader. Either that or both the crusader and the godhammer.

TheLawinator
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:54 am

Nice results. Just curious, how did you fit 3 scoring units inside your raider?
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLawinator Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:26 pm

Good question. That was an exaggeration. The terminators stayed in there while the other squad ran as fast as they could by chain assaulting the enemy combat squad that was in a razorback then his sternguard a while later. My other squad of scoring units stayed since the ironclad was in easy assault range no matter what I did with them, and my teleporting squad didn't come in until turn 5.

TheLawinator
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:11 pm

I would say that you should just take the dreads and hand loose. Or maybe just take either Raider, maybe the Crusader, but it's Multi-melta would be the only thing decent to use against the monsters.

Ya know what, he has none of those Deep Striking pods, so don't worry too much about the Doom and the Thropes, just Psycannon them. You'll be fine with two Raiders, they may say cheese, but it's gonna help you quite a bit.
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Blutcher Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:13 pm

Well done Brother! May I suggest you add a purity seal on your "hero of the day" figure... cheers
Brother Blutcher
Brother Blutcher
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2009-12-20

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLawinator Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:19 pm

Any other thoughts? Pretty sure I'm going bi-raider for this and hoping for the best.

TheLawinator
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:21 pm

Dual Raiders would be your best best. The 'Nids will have a tough time killing them and you can easily whittle them their forces with them.
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLawinator Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm

Any final bits of advice before I go into the breach once more? Kinda freaked out because I've never faced tyranids before and the guy I'm facing is good.

TheLawinator
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:27 pm

The Termagaunts are crazy with the amount of shots that they can pump out (3 shots a model per turn at 18 inches). My best suggestion really is to focus fire on the immediate threat

If Zoanthropes are used, have your BC use his Psycannon against them. It's bound to kill some if it comes down to it. If he takes the Doom of Malantai, don't worry about it so much. He's not gonna drop it down in the middle of your guys, he doesn't even have the upgrade for it and it depends heavily on being able to dish out damage, but it's bound to kill itself with its psychic power before it can really do much. You'll have to count on Aegis and Cover to protect yourself from them with your list as it is.

Be sure to kill off those Genestealers before they hit home, you need to kill them quickly because they will make a joke out of your knights. You might get lucky with them, but don't count on it. They will go first and hit you on 3's with rending claws. You'll want to castle up in the middle of your deployment zone to cut down on them really hitting hard from outflanking. If they do outflank, you'll have a turn or two to really narrow down what to shoot at.

If you take the dual raiders, have the one with the lascannons concentrate on the Hive Tyrant and the Crusader to help thin out the hordes. The Land Raiders will be your best friends against Nid's with what they will do for you. The amount of fire that both can lay down (especially the Crusader) will hurt any unit.

Ignore his 3rd Block, he can't play it at all. His list will be illegal if he does, the Tervigons count as HQ and he would have 3 HQs with that one.

Everything else shouldn't be two much of a problem, just be sure to cut down the Trygon if it's used, and if it is, it'll make the game a tad easier for you, but be weary of the shots that it can throw down in your face. In CC though, you'll easily cut it down, especially with your HQ. Play smart and don't try to play one for one. Each GK unit should be played as if your gonna take down ten of his units to your one. From my own experience with Tyranid's at this low point level, it's nothing to really worry about, especially if the Genestealers don't outflank. If they do, then be smart with how you deploy your force.

Good luck and happy hunting.
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLawinator Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:52 pm

Each Termagant brood you have allows you to take a tervigon as troops.

TheLawinator
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:55 pm

Whoops, didn't catch that, but don't worry too much about it either, you'll just have to handle it like the rest.

Also, be sure to have your raider concentrate on the tervigon once the the tyrant is done with. The amount of bodies that it'll poop out will be annoying.
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLawinator Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:08 pm

I lost. I've never lost a real game of this before. Damn. Now I'm back down to the bottom of the ladder and the league will end before I have a chance to crawl back up. Welp, time to get ready for the next one.

TheLawinator
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down