Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My fluff.

5 posters

Go down

My fluff. Empty My fluff.

Post by kimx1636 Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:25 am

Bugger. I seem to have lost my hand written notes about my grey knights and inquisitors, i'll write what i can remember and add more as it comes.

As i recall, Inquisitors arrange themselves in so called lodges, i have made my own lodge situated (strangely enough) near Ocularis Terribus, between the Helican subsector and Scarus sector.

The name of the lodge is Retribituas Puritanis.
Lead by two Puritan inquisitor lords, On named XXX XXX who's an Thorian and the other named YYY YYY who is an Amalathian.
The lodge consits of these two lords and seven regular inquisitors, and a large amount of henchmen and helpers.
The lodge keeps vigil over many worlds in both the Scarus sector and the Helican subsector and sometimes, if there are signs of large demonic activity or a rogue/radical inquisitor they will move even further away.

They keep a small string of fortresses of a new worlds, kept guarded by inquisitorial stormtroopers and sometimes an inquisitor and/or henchmen .

Due to a life long oath between XXX XXX and brother captain Uriel of the grey knights, Retribituas Puritanis has a small force of Grey knights at their command if needed, and vice versa.

this grey knight force has in their control, 2 grey knight strike cruisers and a seizable force.

kimx1636
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Back to top Go down

My fluff. Empty Re: My fluff.

Post by Klomster Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:43 pm

Ooooh, seems powerful.

I don't know how well amalthians and thorians mix cos' i've never heard of amalthians, the inquistorial part seems convincing.

But it's the grey knight stuff i find a bit much.

If a sizeable force is 2 squads and a brother captain, fine.

If it's the dubble, or more, i'd be wondering what those inquisitors done for such priviledges. Grey knights are as we know very rare and such numbers in a single place should be well authorized.

Like 3-4 systems become attacked by rouge psykers and deamonic presence on large scale.

But if it's just a squad per cruiser it would be only very expensive and priviledged. Not too much.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by kimx1636 Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:09 pm

Well offcourse the Grey Knights are not always WITH the lodge, but if they are called upon then they will do their upmost to help.

Wich is due to one of the inquisitor lords saving the life of Uriel.
Thus not only "bonding" the brother captain and the inquisitor but making the inquisitor become more liked by the entire grey knight order.

The strike cruisers are due to the fact that the grey knight group usually operate near the Ocularis Terribus (eye of terror) and in Gothic sector. Each ship is crewed by the normal crew and a group small group of Grey knights.

The Thorians are a loose group of puritan inquisitors who believe that sometimes the emperors divine soul manifests in a few people, like it did with Sebastian Thor (whom they take their name from) who was the man that lead the attack on Holy terra to depose of the mad Lord Vandire during the Age of Apostasy.
(wich saw the forming of the sisters of battle, the highlords of Terra, and the decentrlization of the Imperial army and its split into the Imperial Guard and the Imperial Navy)

The Amalathians believe that its more important to preserve the status que, and do anything they can to stop sudden and violent change. They believe any change most happen slow and steady.
They equally hunt down heretics/daemons/psykers as they hunt down free thinkers and radicals and hammering down on Imperial organisations to keep them from going to "war" with eachother.
They believe in the inquisitions original creed of strength through unity.

As of right now, Brother captain has under his control 2 groups of seven Grey knights, and a retinue of 4 grey knight terminators.
They are rarely joined by one of their eldest brother captains known as Mumiah (named after the Angel of Longevity) who was interred in a Dreadnaught long long ago.

When needed he draws upon either inquisitorial stormtroopers or local Imperial Guard, and more than often ends up killing them aswell due to them having seen to much, or the threat that they MIGHT have been exposed to chaotic energy.

kimx1636
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:25 am

Yes, much better now.

Not to many and a nice reason for them beeing stationed there. Seems fitting fluff-wise.

And i knew the thorians, but not the amalthians, thxz for info.

My grey knights force is larger and have a grand master so mine is kinda more un-fluffy.
You can see my knights in the pics of your painted minis thread, "My army in a swedish tournament"

Happy deamonhunting!
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Legionnaire Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:48 am

Ah! Finally some-one brave enough to post up there Fluff! Very Happy. Well done my freind.
The Legionnaire
The Legionnaire
Head Archivist
Head Archivist

Number of posts : 491
Army : DaemonHunters, Black Templars, Elysian Drop Troops, PH Death Guard (PIP)
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother_Marine Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:01 pm

not that i'm not brave enough, personally for me it's hard to think up stuff for 40k fluff.
Brother_Marine
Brother_Marine
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2007-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by kimx1636 Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:36 pm

*bows*

Im a fluff geek, one local player hailed me down for claiming that inquisitors dont arrange themselves in lodges or anything.

i said "screw that! these decided to do so!" he just went quiet Razz

Besides, we do a semi homebrewed version of warhammer 40k d20 and a bit of stuff from Dungeons and dragons rules set.

Just here this weekend we where a Xeno kill team on a deathworld against Tau. IT WAS AWESOME!

One example where that we stunned two crisis suits with the Taus own EMP grenades, then we ran over, i simply placed a plasma gun at the breastplate of one crisis suit and killed the guy with one shot, the other suit, the guys opened up pulled the skinny little Tau out and shot him Very Happy

We where evil. In a good way!
Or to say another way. "Their so good that their actuly evil"

kimx1636
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother_Marine Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:53 am

Lol sounds like you have interesting experiences.
Brother_Marine
Brother_Marine
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2007-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:12 am

You havn't tried Dark heresy?

It's the new 40k rpg for those that didn't know.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by kimx1636 Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:20 am

Nope, not yet, we've been enjoying our rather simply but very fun own version.

kimx1636
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:51 am

Well, i'm a psyker, whos hanging out with an arbiter and a assassin dude. And a guardsman, (he is blonde, has blue eyes and have soft skin and is 25, and from a paradise world)

All four were rolled randomly and sometimes repicked when it didn't fit.

Like instead of the old psyker beeing peirced i have a psykana eagle on my forehead.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by maddmat Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:54 pm

Wow, I like fluff and want to do my own.... But I need to do it right. I think I'll read awhile before I get mine together.
maddmat
maddmat
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 6
Army : Grey Knights, Ultramarines, Orks, Necron
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content