Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

40k 5 Nations Team championship - 1750pts GK list

+5
Souba
Aubec le noir
Nausaden
Rivan
Khargor
9 posters

Go down

40k 5 Nations Team championship - 1750pts GK list Empty 40k 5 Nations Team championship - 1750pts GK list

Post by Khargor Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:44 pm

Greetings to all! After lurking for ages I've finally got something to post about! Very Happy

Some of you may remember that I took the GKs to the European Team Championships last year as part of team Northern Ireland, but I can't make it this year so I'm only going to be taking them to the 5 Nations event in Cardiff next weekend (the rules and other details are here). I should be able to get Internet access during the day to update my progress (or how badly I'm getting my butt kicked! Laughing ) if anyones interested? At last years ETC a lot of the 'serious' players couldn't understand why I'd take GKs to a seriously competitive event and I managed to show a few of them that we can still win games - hopefully I'll be able to do the same again this year Twisted Evil

I'm taking a 1750pt pure GK list and had to submit it before I went away last week. As a change from my usual sort of list I thought I'd try an incinerator-melt type of army to help me if I get paired against any horde based armies but now I'm starting to doubt if I should have done this as I'm starting to wish I has a psycannon or two and a bit of sacred incense on the GM. Trouble is that I can't change my list now... Rolling Eyes

May I present to you 'Strike Force Ihanesis':

HQ1: Grey Knight Hero Grandmaster (145) Psychic Hood (20) 5 Grey Knight Terminator Retinue (5 x 46) Incinerator (15) [410]

Troops 1: 6 Grey Knights (5 x 25) Incinerator (10) Grey Knight Justicar (50) Targeter (1) Frag Grenades (1) Melta Bombs (5) [192]
Troops 2: 6 Grey Knights (5 x 25) Incinerator (10) Grey Knight Justicar (50) Targeter (1) Frag Grenades (1) [187]
Troops 3: 6 Grey Knights (5 x 25) Incinerator (10) Grey Knight Justicar (50) Targeter (1) Frag Grenades (1) [187]

Heavy Support 1: Grey Knights Land Raider Crusader (255) Smoke Launchers (3) [258]
Heavy Support 2: Grey Knights Land Raider (250) Extra Armor (5) Smoke Launchers (3) [258]
Heavy Support 3: Grey Knights Land Raider (250) Extra Armor (5) Smoke Launchers (3) [258]

Total: 1750pts

I'm hoping the list will be fairly flexible as some of the games I'll play will probably involve me just trying to survive against the nastiest armies that a player can take - if its not flexible enough to get out of the way, they'll be quick games for me! Laughing
Khargor
Khargor
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 38
Army : Grey Knights strike force
Registration date : 2008-04-13

http://forum.northernwasters.com/

Back to top Go down

40k 5 Nations Team championship - 1750pts GK list Empty Re: 40k 5 Nations Team championship - 1750pts GK list

Post by Rivan Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:51 pm

I think your list should be competitive as long as you can make it to your opponent's lines fairly intact (or whittle them down to size before they get to you).

Looking forward to hearing your reports and best of luck! Very Happy
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

40k 5 Nations Team championship - 1750pts GK list Empty Re: 40k 5 Nations Team championship - 1750pts GK list

Post by Nausaden Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:41 pm

You did pretty damn well last tourney, I have faith in you to make us proud! Very Happy

That list does look pretty good though; each units as precious as the last, just remember patience! ^^
Nausaden
Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1085
Army : Pure Grey Knights *Daemon Hunters*
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Khargor Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:29 pm

I got the weekend wrong and realised on thursday night (after packing my bag and army!) that the tournament isn't until this weekend. There's a good start! Embarassed Laughing
Khargor
Khargor
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:49 am

i think your list is competitive enough, even if i prefer psy-cannon (see the brother Rivan's army to see what i mean Wink )
GK should prevail !! Twisted Evil
Aubec pirat

Last edited by Aubec le noir on Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:26 am

best of luck to you. go make your battlebrothers proud Smile
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1602
Army : Inquisitorial Army, Necrons, Dark Eldar, Daemons of Chaos
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Khargor Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:57 am

Just a quick update before the next round - first game finished against the Team Scotland Witch Hunters player and I got an 18:2 loss Embarassed . We were playing Dawn of War Capture & Control. Was holding for a draw after losing the LRC to an exorcist before it even nmoved and then losing a LRG on turn 2. If we had stopped at 5 turns it would have been the draw but we went on for 6 and all I had left was a LRG. Excellent player and a really friendly game so I don't mind getting my butt kicked by him.

I'll post again after round 2
Khargor
Khargor
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Khargor Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:29 am

Round 2 has just finished and I was tabled by the captain of Team Ireland Crying or Very sad . I had to go against his Dark Eldar force that contained 31x Dark Lances (major 'ouch' time for me). We both had 1x objective each, with mine being a holy shrine in a ruined building. It was a really hard game and I had the Crusader with termies onboard immobilised after his first turn along with a Godhammer destroyed - there was that many shots coming in against them that even my cover saves from popping smoke couldn't help me. At the end of the game (Turn 6 again Rolling Eyes ) my last scoring troops were assaulted by masses of wytches and cut to ribbons. I still managed to do some damage to the DE though by wrecking quite a few of his ravagers and raiders as well as killing a large number of his troops but in the end it was pretty obvious I was going to be overwhelmed. I was happy enough that I held my objective right to the end (I'll try to upload the photos when I get back home tomorrow - they should be good, with GKs surrounding the icon in the ruined cathederal which is surrounded in turn by hordes of depraved eldar)

All in all, my captain 'sacrificed' my army against an army that he didn't want our other players to have to face and we all knew what the result would be but it was still an intense and very competive game against a really nice player with a very, very scary army for GKs to have to face. If it had been a Kill Point game rather than objectives it would have been a draw!

Hopefully I'll have more of a chance in the next round in half an hour...
Khargor
Khargor
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimhack Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 am

Are you updating this while playing? That's cool! Razz
Grimhack
Grimhack
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 684
Army : Daemonhunters
Registration date : 2009-11-20

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Socrates Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am

Aren't you using GKs Smoke Launchers?No covers saves but "immunitty" to penetration shots for a round.

Socrates
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Khargor Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:02 am

I wish I could use our codexes smoke launchers but I have to use the new smoke launchers rule as per the SM codex as they've also allowed the assault cannon to have the 4th shot and rending so its a 4+ cover save for me which hasn't worked well so far (lost the crusader at the start of each of the 3 games now). Sad

Didn't get a chance to post about how the last game went as we had to leave almost straight after the game to go to a prebooked 'all you can eat' chinese buffet and I had no internet access after that but the resultys weren't good: I lost 15:5 against space wolves. Without making excuses I rerally played my butt off against them in a 5 objective mission and held for the draw up until turn 6 but then 3 independant characters formed a unit (wolf lord, rune priest and iron priest) made 1 roll for difficult terrain with 3x dice because of their move through cover rule and got the 6 they needed to get to my GM & Termies who were in cover and then tore my guys to peices. Not sure if the 3x independant characters making a unit is legal though and I think its really poor that 3x character models were able to take out 6xGKT including the GM before proceeding to take out another unit of PAGK when I didn't even get a chance to roll any dice except invunerable saves - they were striking first (apart from against the GM) and their wolf lord was hitting on 3's, re-rolling misses and giving no armour saves which, along with the sheer number of attacks meant I didn't stand a chance Crying or Very sad

It showed me that we really need an update as a squad of 5x SW scouts were also able to storm a ruin and take out 6x PAGK including justicar because they had power weapon, mark of the wulfen and melta guns. My PAGK didn't get to roll back against them as they were wiped out to a knight.

Left a little bit demoralised last night but still 2 more games to go - Team Wales & Team England (the favourites for first & second places so thats not too encouraging!!)

Will update as soon as those games are done.

Wish me luck!!! Very Happy
Khargor
Khargor
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by timsmith Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:52 am

Good luck brother!!

timsmith
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by elugin Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:49 am

Good luck , Brother. I really understand your frustration for Space Wolves rules.
elugin
elugin
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 368
Army : Gray Knights, Orks, Biel-Tan and the Court of the Young King, plus High Elves for Fantasy fans...
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimhack Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:51 am

Do you also get the new stormshields then?
Grimhack
Grimhack
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 684
Army : Daemonhunters
Registration date : 2009-11-20

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Khargor Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:05 am

Thanks for the support and positive vibes from the forum:

FINALLY A WIN! 15:5 to the GKs!! Very Happy Very Happy

Played against an Imp Guard player in Team Wales (3x vendettas, 1x valkyrie, 3x hydras, 2x manticore, pyschic choir in chimera, officer of the fleet and lots of guardsmen with meltas and demolition charges.

Won deployment roll and gave up first deployment to my opponent, when it was my turn only the crusader+GM+termie retunue came on to face all of that (the officer of the fleet screwed up my reserve rolls massively resulting in very piecemeal reinforcements for me). I'll save the blow by blow account until I've got back home and can sit down and do it properly but it was a great game and at the end I had more kill points than him even though LRC was destroyed (as usual!) along with a Godhammer and the other Godhammer ended up immobilised with only its heavy bolter still firing.

Took quite a few photos as the board looked so scenic and also scary with all those flying bleeding vehicle! Will also get them uploaded as soon as I can. This must have been one of the most enjoyable games I've played in a long time as the army was hard but balanced and my opponent was such a friendly bloke.

Do you also get the new stormshields then?
I could have used them but haven't converted any GKTs to have them - probably missed an opportunity there

Time to go again - buffet lunch just been served and then its the final game against Team England (the 6 Nations favourites to win) so none of team Northern Ireland are feeling too optimistic about this round![quote] Embarassed
Khargor
Khargor
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Socrates Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:10 am

The most important is this. Did you have fun? If yes, thats the spirit Smile Nice reporting and keep up the spirit Smile

Socrates
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:55 am

Nice win Brother! Can't wait to see the blow by blow report.

Does the tournament also score a list for content and balance? Or can players just bring whatever list so you end up seeing a lot of power gamers? Just curious.

BTW, enjoy those Chinese buffets Razz
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Khargor Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:59 am

Does the tournament also score a list for content and balance? Or can players just bring whatever list so you end up seeing a lot of power gamers?

No balance or content score, as far as the ETC is concerned you take the nastiest army you can and if you don't its your own fault so loads of CSM with dual lashes, etc

But finally its over and I'm exhausted

Played against a 'nid army and basically bounced off them. The game was Kill Points and he only had 2 easy units - 2 broods of termagaunts, with the rest being Hive Tyrants with retinues, tyranid prime with regenerate, 3x zoanthropes, genestealers and loads of other big stuff. I've got his army list so will be able to go thru' it later. I just couldn't get the kills against the big guys, the tryanid prime was abl;e to take most of the wounds that were fired at the unit and then regenerate them so I just couldn't kill the big stuff. I did manage to chip away at a lot of the units and wipe out 1 of the gaunts and the genestealers but couldn't finish them off to get the KP opf other units as as soon as I reduced them down they would scuttle off and hide. I couldn't help but laugh when my opponent asked if I knew how many of the lance and other psychic powers that I had managed to stop - I said no, and he informed me that I had successfully stopped 5 out of the 28 pyschic attacks aimed at me! Even when he rolled 1 against my hood, I also rolled 1 on several occasions.

Great player, really friendly with a hard enough army but I still lost 18:2 Crying or Very sad

Overall score 24 out of 100 possible points so not the best tournament score for my GKs but in my defence, I was up against a lot of the best players in the UK and Ireland so no real shame there. Still, apart from the 3 space wolf characters thoroughly demoralising me by wiping out most of my army by themselves and showin g just how badly we need updating, I had a great time.

Thanks for all the support brothers - I'll post some photos this week

FOR THE EMPEROR!
Khargor
Khargor
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Socrates Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:04 am

Thats the problem with ETC aka please nerf the others so i can own them Razz We have rejected ETC rules and faqs here is Greece and we just use the term teams. We play against other teams but eveything else is from the codexes. We pair armies as ETC but nothing more. GL next time though i don't think GKS are competitive in ETC Format.

Socrates
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down