Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hail Battle Brothers~

+7
Klomster
Nausaden
Grimhack
Rivan
NemesisForce
n00bk1ng
Aurelius
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hail Battle Brothers~ - Page 2 Empty Re: Hail Battle Brothers~

Post by Aurelius Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:15 am

@n00bk1ng
SAF = Imperial forces?? = omg sign me on! (Maybe they'll find a way to make female SMs)

@Brother Ezekiel
Ahh I get what you mean. I went from Eldar to CSM and thought, a psyker SM chapter would be nice to go with, since i'm a huge fan of psykers. And the mysterious GK just caught my attention you know? Inquisition + SM = WIN.

Aurelius
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Ezekiel Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:55 am

Aurelius wrote:Inquisition + SM = WIN.

Tho I understand what you mean,generally Inqusition + SM(as joint operation or something) fail.Horribly.
But I guess we come in all flavors,as I for one am not really exited about psykers(first army Black Templar) just like I don't really like magic in WHF(I do have 2 battle wizards in my list,just so I might have atleast somekind of defence from magic and theyr usually fitted with 2 scrolls each)
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 691
Location : Segmentum Obscurus,Battle Barge Immolative Onslaught
Army : White Raven Space Marines 5th Company and the new Bloodoathed Chaos Space Marines,also Empire General Rainer 'Cursebreaker' 'Dwarf-helper' Raukovs independent 18th army of Nuln
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:23 pm

2 scrollcaddies, well it's better than the first plan for my orcs. 1 lvl 2, 1 scroll, boar.

Anyway, welcome Aurelius.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Ezekiel Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:43 pm

Well since Empire characters(not counting in the special ones) are not really made for fighting in cc,especially the wizards,even if he is a Fire lore wizard with sword of ruin or whaterver it is,something has gone wrong if your wizards is in cc.
Tho I have had fun to suprise my enemies with the nasty suprise of a Van Horstmann's Speculum.Once there was this particularly nasty Nurgle Chaos Lord and it charged into cc with my halberdiers,with a wizard in it.He challenged,my wizard accepted.Then I used Van Horstmann's Speculum,which swaps the WS,S,T,I and A.So he had WS3 S3 T3 I3 A1 while my wizard had WS8 S5 T6 I7 and A5.My wizard ripped him into shreads and because of that his Chaos Warriors broke and were ran down by a mass of 25 Halberdiers.It pissed the guy off much.
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Army : White Raven Space Marines 5th Company and the new Bloodoathed Chaos Space Marines,also Empire General Rainer 'Cursebreaker' 'Dwarf-helper' Raukovs independent 18th army of Nuln

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:46 pm

Ah, i know of the speculum.

I myself don't play fantasy, just have the base and an idea for an 2000pts orc army and 500pts of dwarfs.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimhack Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:53 pm

The speculum is nasty but only works if you get challenged because no one will trust an empire wizard shouting challenges at brutal characters and lords.
Grimhack
Grimhack
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 684
Army : Daemonhunters
Registration date : 2009-11-20

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Ezekiel Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:19 pm

Yeah,but most brutish lords have such things that it might decreace the killing power of a unit,so its eather,decresed dmg and that maybe that freacky looking Empire wizard that has the Speculum and shread your huge lord into shreads.And since I have 2 wizards I sometimes put both into cc units like swordmen and move them agressively,which confuses the enemy,since he or she doesn't know which of the wizards has the speculum or do they even have one at all.The psycological impact of the picture in they minds,that a puny wizard turned out to have the speculum and he ripped through theyr Chaos Lords,Bretonnian Lords,Breastmen Lords,Ork Warbosses etc.But then again the Empire isn't relying on theyr heros and lords to win theyr battles,it takes tight formations,suportive characters,guns,even bigger gun and some better hard hitting units to deliver the killing blow,once the enemy has been baited to charge a unit like swordmen or spearmen and then theyr detachments of halberdiers or swordmen or militias charge into flank/s and then a Knights of the Realm coming in,finishing the job with a crusial lance charge,maybe with a captain in them.
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by n00bk1ng Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:29 am

LOL, that sounds sooo Chaosy.

Anyway, Aurelius, you know that PI opened another store right? One at Fusionopolis? Which some guys now call FusioPI, anyway, what armies are you playing currently?

I'm experimenting with Stormies. Can't wait for the newbie(Okay, something I'm not-but I've never gone for a tourney and I'm eligible for competition) tourney.
n00bk1ng
n00bk1ng
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 161
Army : Crimson Fists, Daemon Hunters and a Small Tau Detachment
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Legionnaire Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:01 am

Fella's, lovely chat you've got going here. But let's try to stay on topic shall we? Wink

- This doesn't apply to n00bk1ng's last post. Cool
The Legionnaire
The Legionnaire
Head Archivist
Head Archivist

Number of posts : 491
Army : DaemonHunters, Black Templars, Elysian Drop Troops, PH Death Guard (PIP)
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurelius Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:30 am

n00bk1ng wrote:LOL, that sounds sooo Chaosy.

Anyway, Aurelius, you know that PI opened another store right? One at Fusionopolis? Which some guys now call FusioPI, anyway, what armies are you playing currently?

I'm experimenting with Stormies. Can't wait for the newbie(Okay, something I'm not-but I've never gone for a tourney and I'm eligible for competition) tourney.

Haven't really started table-topping ^^; but I'm reading up on starting. (super newbie here Very Happy shush be nice)
And painting too.

And no, I've no idea PI opened another branch. Which branch does the 40k guys hang out usually? The one at Midpoint still?

PS: any idea if Farrah's still around? =x

Aurelius
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by n00bk1ng Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:55 am

Currently at Midpoint, recently, i heard something about Farah being unwell. However, some of my friends are at the Fusionopolis, so the area will vary I guess, furthermore, FusioPI is much smaller IIRC and has only 1 table, hence it is more likely that Midpoint be the location of choice.

P.S Please forgive the Uber-formal language, I just got out of a Model United Nations Conference and is currently still in MUNC mood.
n00bk1ng
n00bk1ng
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 161
Army : Crimson Fists, Daemon Hunters and a Small Tau Detachment
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Ezekiel Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:33 am

n00bk1ng wrote:I just got out of a Model United Nations Conference and is currently still in MUNC mood.

Hahaha,I just loved those meetings in my school.I was allways Saudi-Arabia and so got the job to ruin the entire conference.
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaplain Nero Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:10 am

A bit late, but still welcome here! Smile
Chaplain Nero
Chaplain Nero
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 62