Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hail Battle Brothers from Chapter 666

+3
NemesisForce
Rivan
DarkRonin
7 posters

Go down

Hail Battle Brothers from Chapter 666 Empty Hail Battle Brothers from Chapter 666

Post by DarkRonin Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:48 pm

Hello everyone,
I'm DarkRonin, I've recently posted a few posts here after finding the site through a link on Librarium Online. I don't remember where the link was though. And I've finally decided that i should introduce myself.

I've recently just started 40k over the summer after purchasing the Assault on Black Reach set, and then dived right into the Grey Knights (Thanks to Ben Counters Grey Knights novels). What started me with 40k would have to be the Dawn of War series a few years back when the demo first came out and then got hooked into the main game itself after a good friend of mine brought it to my attention again with Dark Crusade. I hope that I can learn much about the ways of the Holy Order of Grey Knights from you, my fellow brothers, who fight the forces of the Ruinous Powers.

-DarkRonin
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 554
Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Hail Battle Brothers from Chapter 666 Empty Re: Hail Battle Brothers from Chapter 666

Post by Rivan Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:20 pm

Welcome to the forum Brother! And welcome to our ranks!

You'll find that this forum is a wealth of knowledge both in fluff, history, gaming tactics and modelling/painting.

Plus, everyone here is friendly and extremely helpful. Enjoy your stay! cheers
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Hail Battle Brothers from Chapter 666 Empty Re: Hail Battle Brothers from Chapter 666

Post by NemesisForce Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:14 pm

Welcome DarkRonin. Feel free to fire any questions you have our way. Are you planning to mix Marines with Grey Knights or running two seperate armies?
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:03 pm

Thank you for the welcome. I'm sure that I will enjoy my stay here.

I'm planning on running a pure Grey Knights army, but I have an open mind in regards to certain aspects of the various Imperial Armies.

After noticing that the Daemonhunters suffer from a serious lack of Anti-Vehicle weapons aside from a LRD, I considered Inducting the Guardsmen, simply for the Anti-Vehicle options allowed, and no matter what anyone says, the Leman Russ is a sexy tank to lay eyes on. It may not have what the Land Raiders have now (Machine Spirit) but its damn sexy with the array of weapons it can lay into a single unit.

And I've considered inducting Space Marines as well along with allying Grey Knights to the Astrates. Though if anything, the one that I'd mostly be going along with right now due to appeal and sheer relief for it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. The ever so lovely Adepta Sororitas. Mostly I'm considering just adding a Seraphim Squad.

Which leads me to a question. I've noticed that the entry for the weapons section for the seraphim squad not have anything like a bolt pistol and cc for free for the superior to have and all superior models are basically vets. So do I have to convert a model or just have one stand out among the rest?
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:52 pm

Welcome to the forums!
Wish I could help with your Sisters question, but while seriously considering doing similar, I haven't yet had the chance and am woefully ignorant of their rules and models!
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:04 pm

Thank you Brother Zealadin
Don't worry about the Sisters question. It was answered in a previous post:

https://greyknights.forumotion.com/40k-general-discussion-f15/sob-seraphim-squad-question-t1089.htm

I asked the question simply because there wasn't any statement at all in the WH Codex, and looking at the box set, it comes with a Sister Superior, but one with a Sword and Bolter
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:11 am

welcome brother
I'm new too, but intend to stay for a while and become a veteran Twisted Evil
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ste77 Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:58 am

Welcome Brother !

S.t.e.7.7ment
Steven no i'm not a veteran ^^...
Ste77
Ste77
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 17
Army : Daemon Hunter, Daemon, CSM, Orks, Tyranids
Registration date : 2009-11-02

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Vegeta Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:39 am

Welcome to the forum!
Darth Vegeta
Darth Vegeta
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 255
Army : Chaos Space Marines: The Black Legion, Grey Knights
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down