Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first grey knights list 1875

3 posters

Go down

My first grey knights list 1875  Empty My first grey knights list 1875

Post by BrotherNick Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:44 am

Hello brothers I'm new to the forum and need advice, but first a little about myself
Iv collected for 6 years and never really played (2 games years ago) just enjoyed modelling 1troop choice and one hq of most army's then changing lol. Noob disease. I have a lot tyranids but no structure to them so iv never really got to play. I decided gry knights would be good for lw model count plus I love the models and spartan concept. So before I start my list I have a few ideas to help you guide me. First the army must include 5 pa knights 1 hammer 2 cannons 1sword 1halbard. 5 terminators 1 hammer 1 cannon 1sword 2 halbards because iv already modelled these. Next is not needed but would like to have them I really would like to include mostly pa because I like the look and to me terminators are still elites 1 inquisitor in pa and vindicate assassin. I like to have unnamed hq to resemble myself haha and think interceptors are awesome maybe how to increase it from 1000 to 1875 would help me too so here's what I came up with

Hq
Ordo malleus 25
Term armour 40
Psy cannon 15
Level 1 with hammer hand 30
3 servo skulls 9
119 points

Elites
Vindicare assassin 145

Troops
10 man strike squad 200
2 cannons 20
1 hammer 10
4 halbards 20
Psy bolts 10
Rhino 40
310 points

5 man terminators 200
Cannon 25
225 points

Fast attack
10 man Interceptors 260
2 incinerators 40
1 hammer 10
4 halbards 20
330 points

Interceptors same as above
330 points

Heavy support
Psyfile men X2 270 points

That leaves me with about 155 points

So as I haven't played my knowledge is based mostly of forums i dont know how to use temies without deep striking because they are so slow, the plan is the ordo and terms deep strike the back objective. The interceptors boost up to support terms. The strikes hold back field objective and support the vindicate and dreads that rain down death. With the last points I could get a third dread or another hq I'm not trying to be competitive I want a fun list that if played right has a good chance at winning. Thank you brothers

BrotherNick
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2013-12-24

Back to top Go down

My first grey knights list 1875  Empty Re: My first grey knights list 1875

Post by Sai Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:48 am

Have you bought the models yet?

Your inquisitor shouldn't be in combat so if you want to make him a psyker he might be better off with communion if you're going to be deep striking.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:22 am

Welcome to the forums BrotherNick!

I haven't played in a while as well but I think it is a feasible list. I personally would add another troops choice.

Enjoy your stay Smile
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by BrotherNick Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:36 pm

I have the terminators and five grey knighs in pa. Hmm I wanted the insqisutor to be strong in combat, maybe a second hq that will be good deep striking then make the inquisitor Cortez so he roll around back field with a razor and plasma cannon henchmen so I get more scoring units. Who can lead my terminators? I have a lot of others army units I can use as henchmen so I could take advantage of that

BrotherNick
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2013-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:06 pm

A GM is a good option for another HQ. I know he's expensive but he brings so much to your army -- like making your interceptors/dreads scoring. You may have to shift points around though.
I've almost always run both Coteaz and a GM in my lists (1750 and up).

Librarians are good HQs as well since they can really bolster your other units.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content