Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relieving Lord Kaldor Draigo of his position

+4
Sai
Thraxdown
Zealadin
Constantine
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Relieving Lord Kaldor Draigo of his position  - Page 2 Empty Re: Relieving Lord Kaldor Draigo of his position

Post by Constantine Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:45 pm

All great and valid points Brother A. I am inclined to change my mind and say that Draigo should maintain his title as SGM. So for me, this issue can be put to the side.

However, what if a situation arises in which the secret knowledge possessed only by the SGM is needed and he is not around?
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Relieving Lord Kaldor Draigo of his position  - Page 2 Empty Re: Relieving Lord Kaldor Draigo of his position

Post by Zealadin Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:57 pm

That could arguably happen at any time though. All it takes is the SGM to die in battle and it happens. So either the knowledge is available written down somewhere, for the next SGM, in which case it could be retrieved if needed anyway, or it is simply lost - which seems unlikely.

Also Tzeentch is simply an embodyment of guile and knowledge, people read way too much into its ability to lay plans millennium long. We don't even know how aware these creatures are, how they interact with the world or even time itself, and for beings of such power there is probably a thousand 'plans' which are thwarted by a million occurrences that don't come to pass for every one that has any real effect.

The way chaos is represented in 40k is flawed in that they constantly make it out to be irresistible and overpowering. If this was the case there would be no universe left.
It makes for good storytelling (to a point) but doesn't really work when you want to look at the universe as a whole.
You only have to look at the GK to realise that there are plenty of beings capable of standing up to chaos. Including the Emperor.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Andarius the Red Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:36 pm

Actually that's one of the Chaos God(s) major flaws and weaknesses, even as god-like beings they are not infallible nor are they all knowing. One example is Nurgle who uses the captured Eldar Goddess Isha to test out his latest plagues and then dump them out into the real world to see the results, he gets so wrapped up in his work he's totally oblivious to her psychically telling the cures of those plagues behind his back to his would be victims.

Fateweaver came to be because Tzeentch wasn't crazy enough to jump into the well of eternity himself, instead he chose a random greater daemon and tossed him into the well to find out what would happen, what got spat out was a haggard two-headed babbling mad daemon left in the corner of Tzeentch's library like a dunce while the rest of his daemons scribble down Fateweaver's ranting to paper.

In the warp itself the majority of the daemons Draigo has come across try their hardest to flat out avoid him since he's proven to be too dangerous to either kill or corrupt. And believe me they tried! The only ones who bother him now are the craziest of them or greater daemons of Khorne... Who aren't known for their common sense in the first place.
Andarius the Red
Andarius the Red
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 433
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:27 am

He's no pawn of Tzeentch. IT'S MALAL. The fifth chaos god is back and he's causing utter anarchy by setting a Saturday morning cartoon character loose in the lands of the Daemonic.

There's quite a good 6-8 page piece of background in the Titan Legions army book about the first mega gargants being built. Part of it is told from Gork and Mork's perspectives, explaining how the chaos gods distract/encourage and The Emperor warns them away from starting a Waaaagh. They do anyway so The Emperor starts giving bad dreams to psykers and manipulating the tarot to warn the Imperial forces and get them mobilised.

I see the chaos gods as self-aware reflections of myriad emotions, sort of like a psychic Skynet. If enough people believe in something it gains power. People going to war feeds Khorne with power anyway, but if the people are aware of the single power Khorne, then it becomes not only more powerful but more aware, more focussed. Hence the Grey Knights killing witnesses and The Cabal trying to convince the Alpha Legion to wipe out humanity. Gork, Mork, The Emperor and the rest of them do take an active hand in the material realm through their people because billions believe that they do so, thus it is made real.

Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:47 pm

Hmmmmmmm....... Great perspectives Brothers!!! I like the thought of diabolic plans being layed while the Chaos Gods are experiencing periods of increased power due to high "belief" levels only to have these plans abandoned/thwarted as the "belief" levels decrease and the Chaos God's influence decreases.

This reminds me a lot of Zeus and the Olympians, with how they also drew their power from those that believed in them. I wonder if the Emperor also benefits/is strengthened from the Imperium's "belief" in him  scratch

So I wonder if Draigo's curse was implemented during an upswing in Tzeentch's power, and that now that thread of fate has been abandoned for more immediate plans............

Oh this speculation is fun!!!!!!!!
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:48 am

This reminds me a lot of Zeus and the Olympians, with how they also drew their power from those that believed in them. I wonder if the Emperor also benefits/is strengthened from the Imperium's "belief" in him

Well, he wasn't a god before, he was an amalgamation of shaman. Now he's telling off Gork and Mork (and being ignored) so maybe he is. The Word Bearers created a God Emperor and now they want to tear him down. Grim. And dark.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:14 pm

Yea in the 40k verse you'd have to assume that he has become what is considered a 'god' to some extent.
Even the Eldar are creating a god as they die off.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:14 pm

I believe the Emperor to be a God, but that is just IMHO.  sunny 

Perhaps, if belief is such a powerful weapon it would be advantageous for the GK to come out of the closet and absorb all of that positive energy they would get from those they save.

I suppose that if the Emperor is a God, then he will also have a plan for Draigo, and I should not doubt and/or interfere Wink
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:46 am

I suppose that if the Emperor is a God, then he will also have a plan for Draigo, and I should not doubt and/or interfere

Unless you have minor psychic potential and He has put the idea in your head to defeat the machinations of another power.
Everyone's a pawn, man. Everyone.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:39 am

Sai wrote:
I suppose that if the Emperor is a God, then he will also have a plan for Draigo, and I should not doubt and/or interfere

Unless you have minor psychic potential and He has put the idea in your head to defeat the machinations of another power.
Everyone's a pawn, man.  Everyone.

I knew you were going to say that! Wink
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:22 am

Sai wrote:

Everyone's a pawn, man.  Everyone.

I'm thinking you may be an agent of Tzeentch and as such have organised for an Inquisitor to drop by and make sure you are OK.
Hope you make a speedy recovery(/passing)!
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:49 am

I'm thinking you may be an agent of Tzeentch and as such have organised for an Inquisitor to drop by and make sure you are OK.
Hope you make a speedy recovery(/passing)!

Those orders were intercepted and reversed. Have fun on the Black Ship.
It's OK, when the torture gets too much, the safe word is 'Hydra Dominatus.' Just keep shouting it and they'll stop inserting things.

Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:58 pm

Fear not brothers, the wards and security systems on this forum are incorruptible.
We are not being influenced by Tzeentch.
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:39 pm

Sadly Sai that Inquisitor was stopped by the systems security checks, declared a radical and executed on the spot. Investigations over where he received his orders from are ongoing.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:49 pm

Yes, it turns out he was a respected monodominant who believed he was doing The Emperor's work. It's a shame really but these mistakes will happen when overzealous acolytes start executing suspects without trial or enquiry.

Silly puritans.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:17 pm

They always believe they are doing the Emperor's work Twisted EvilVery Happy Twisted Evil

Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:58 pm

Zealadin wrote:They always believe they are doing the Emperor's work Twisted EvilVery Happy Twisted Evil

Thats all the justification needed. =][=
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:54 pm

Well, i just think one thing.

What does Grey knights hate?

Deamons. They are the arch enemy.

And no deamon would ever be allowed to officially be part of the ruling circle of the grey knights. That's just absurd, i guess you agree.

So what is specific about deamons? How do we know one?

Well.
1) They live in the warp.
2) They can be summoned under certain circumstances.
3) They are often the underling of a powerful being.
4) They use powerful weapons forged in the warp.
5) Unless properly anchored in the real world, they will return to the warp.

Oh wait, much like..... Kaldor Draigo Very Happy

*Dodging bolter shells, psycannon bolts and thrown nemesis force weapons.*

-"Haha, void shield suckaz!" The now rather hated techpriest Klomster say before jumping behind a corner barely dodging a grenade.

*Runs away.*
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:08 pm

lol!!!!!!  Razz 

Your logic is sound (and VERY amusing) Mechanicus.
No hard feelings about me trying to kill you just then I hope.

*pulls his nemesis force halberd out of the wall where it pinned a piece of Klomsters robe to the wall.

Come back and we can talk about this further!
*Fits a fresh clip of psybolts into his storm bolter and stalks down the hallway where Klomster was last seen.

Razz
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2