Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1,500 list (opinions/suggestions needed)

5 posters

Go down

1,500 list (opinions/suggestions needed) Empty 1,500 list (opinions/suggestions needed)

Post by St@tic Tue May 28, 2013 8:13 pm

1,500 list
HQ
Librarian-250
Lvl3, 3 powers, warding stave
Inquisitor Coteaz-100
Elites
Techmarine-90
Vindicare Assasin-145
Troops
Servitor(3)-60
Terminators(10)-455
Incinerators, banner, psybolt ammo
Strike Squad-120
Psybolt ammo
Heavy Support
Dreadnaught-135
x2 autocannons, psybolt ammo
Dreadnaught-135
x2 autocannons, psybolt ammo
Suggestions, anything you see that should be changed, or your opinion please. New to Grey Knights, I'd love the help

St@tic
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-05-25

Back to top Go down

1,500 list (opinions/suggestions needed) Empty Re: 1,500 list (opinions/suggestions needed)

Post by SmokinBrown Wed May 29, 2013 2:03 am

If you don't have a transport for the terminators then I would advise psycannons over incinerators, as they can put down more damage as they advance up the field. Otherwise it looks pretty good. I don't think the librarian gets enough use these days it seems, but I like him. I've got a couple of questions though:

Which powers are you taking with him?
What close combat weapons are you taking on the terminators?
What is your plan for the techmarine? Sit and repair the dreadnoughts?

Finally, welcome to the forums! Smile

SB

SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 251
Army : Grey Knights, Necrons, The Empire
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1,500 list (opinions/suggestions needed) Empty Re: 1,500 list (opinions/suggestions needed)

Post by St@tic Wed May 29, 2013 8:14 am

For the librarian I will probably take Vortex of Doom, Might of Titan, and probably the summoning. The terminators will have 3 hammers, 1 sword, and 6 Halberds.
The Techmarine will sit back and repair the dread.
And thanks great to be here.😃

St@tic
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinBrown Wed May 29, 2013 8:20 am

Yeh seems good to me. Its what I'd do.

SB
SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Wed May 29, 2013 9:44 am

I'd make the Librarian Lv2 only, 50 points for one more psychic power is not worth it. While the Warding Stave is nice to have in CC, it's just too expensive. I rather stick with the 4++ save granted by the Nemesis Force Sword. Please consider that the Termies are footslogging to their target, and this makes the very slow and easily avoidable. Because of this you won't be assaulting very often.
While I like the Vindicare I personally cannot find a good use for it. I'd rather leave it at home and add 5 more GK to the Strike squad. If you save points with the Librarian you could give the SS psycannons, mount them in a Rhino or if points allow in a Razorback with psybolt ammo for added firepower.

Of course this are just suggestions so hope they're useful. Oh and welcome to the forum!

DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinBrown Wed May 29, 2013 9:57 am

I agree about the librarian actually, I'd drop the level 3. I would however keep the stave, combined with hammerhand and MoT he can become a challenge monster. You get your warp charge points at the beginning of each player turn, and I found I don't usually use all 3.

However, I would keep the Vindicare. He is the only real AV14 answer in your list, and also will be able to pick out the plasma and melta weapons from squads to add that bit more survivability to your terminators.

Dropping just the level 3 from the librarian gives you enough points to purchase a rhino and 2 psycannons for the strike squad.

Of course it's all down to you, play a couple of games and see which options suit your play style better.

SB
SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Wed May 29, 2013 1:07 pm

Welcome on board brother ! cheers
I agree with my brothers for the Level 3 libbie : Level 2 is enough and you need some vehicles and some shooting power ! Wink
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Akoni Wed May 29, 2013 1:15 pm

I suggest dropping Psychic Mastery 3 and replacing the points for an Aegis Defence Line. You can put your SS, Vindicare, and Dreadnought behind it. Your Dreadnought and Servitor get acover save and careful placement of your assassin prevent LOS from enemy or first in line of fire.
Akoni
Akoni
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 688
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by St@tic Wed May 29, 2013 4:09 pm

Thanks for all the good ideas, I'll drop the level three and stave. I'll post the new list when I get home

St@tic
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Thu May 30, 2013 7:56 am

Nineteen73 wrote:I suggest dropping Psychic Mastery 3 and replacing the points for an Aegis Defence Line. You can put your SS, Vindicare, and Dreadnought behind it. Your Dreadnought and Servitor get acover save and careful placement of your assassin prevent LOS from enemy or first in line of fire.

That is actually a very good suggestion! cheers Keeping the techmarine safe and shooting some fliers.
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Akoni Thu May 30, 2013 8:07 am

Thanks Brother DonFer! After losing many battles I think I'm finally thinking with some strategy, lol. =)
Akoni
Akoni
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 688
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by St@tic Thu May 30, 2013 8:19 am

I'll have to try all this out in some of my matches to come.

St@tic
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down