Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First 2000pt. List Please read and give opinions

5 posters

Go down

First 2000pt. List Please read and give opinions Empty First 2000pt. List Please read and give opinions

Post by Arthus Fri May 27, 2011 9:50 am

Hey guys, im new to the forum and new to grey knights. This is my first attempt at a 2000pt. list. Im aiming for a fun but effective army. I would love to take it to tornaments to compete but I still want to play it with my friends so not too harsh. So if you guys could have a look and tell me what you think/ what changes to make etc.
HQ
Lord Kaldor Draigo-275
Cstellan Crowe-150
Elites
(5) Purifiers w:/ (5) Nemesis falchions and psybolt ammo-165
Trans: Rhino w:/ psybolt ammo- 45 (Is the ammo a waste on transports?)
Venerable Dreadnought w:/ twinlinked las and missle launcher- 210 (going for anti tank...not sure on this)
Troops
(10) Grey Knights Strike Squad w:/ (2) psycannons and psybolt ammo-240
Trans: Rhino w:/ psybolt ammo- 45 (same question)
(6) Grey Knight Terminators w:/ psilencer, banner and psybolt ammo- 300
Heavy Suport
Land Raider Redeemer w:/ psybolt ammo 5pt. and multi melta-260 (is this right varient for my list?)
Nemesis Dreadknight w:/ greatsword, heavy psycannon and personal tele.- 280 (Right loadout?)
--------
1970 (what 30pts should i add?)

Only question besides the specific ones next to the unit entrys is what weapons should I equip purifiers, terminators and normal grey knights? (i.e halberds, swords, hammers, range weapons etc.)
Arthus
Arthus
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 4
Army : Blood Angles, Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-05-27

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

First 2000pt. List Please read and give opinions Empty Re: First 2000pt. List Please read and give opinions

Post by Rivan Fri May 27, 2011 11:03 am

Welcome to the forums Brother! Very Happy

Here's a few points/feedback regarding your list:
-Draigo: He's a monster no doubt but I think his biggest asset is making Paladins count as troops. If you're not using paladins, a regular GM is cheaper and more bang for your buck.
-Crowe: He makes purifiers scoring. That's his biggest contribution. You know he's not an IC right? So you won't be able to attach him to units. If you're not going purifier heavy, a regular Bchamp might be better for less points.
-psybolt ammo for rhinos are wasted because they negate the normally "defensive" status of the stormbolters. I would buy them for a razorback to make the TWL HB S6, but not for the rhino's stormbolters.
-Psilencer: Unless you really like the psilencer for your GKT's, I think psycannons are the best choice for them since they're Relentless and will always be able to spit out 4 S7 rending shots (effective vs. infantry as well as AT).
-LRR: You already have 6 GKT and will have no room to attach your HQ. You may want to consider a LRC instead for more transport capacity.
-for your dread, a good option for AT is the normal dread w/ 2 TWL autocannons w/ psybolt ammo. It is way cheaper and you get 4 twin-linked S8 shots.
-I like your dreadknight. That's how I'd normally equip it except maybe use the heavy incinerator instead.

Its not a bad list although I think you're extremely light on bodies. I think 23 infantry is too few for 2000 pts especially since they're not all in terminator armor. Just my two cents.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

First 2000pt. List Please read and give opinions Empty Re: First 2000pt. List Please read and give opinions

Post by elugin Fri May 27, 2011 12:07 pm

Welcome Brother.

I quote Brother Rivan, and add a few comments. First of all, I like the overall idea of your army list, basic troops plus some extra elite (I feel like cheating when I use Draigo or Crowe to field elite troops as base troops, but that's just me).

Brother Rivan already suggested you to uase regular HQ instead of special characters, it saves you points (to be invested in troops) and you can custumize them.

About your troop's equipment. There's a lot of talking about falchions, thay cost a lot and it's still debated if they grant a +1 or +2 attacks, in the first case it's better investing in something else (halberds or warding staff increase survivability). Psybolt ammo are costly, they are probably worth the cost on a 10 men unit (then you can combat squad it), not on a 5 men unit (like your purifiers). Regarding the weapon equipment for your units, it depends on your plying style. Anyway, one NFhammer could be handy if you must deal with vehicles or very big guys. Halberds increase survivability since you attack first and probably you'll recieve fewer hits back. Ona staff could be good, but costly. Stiking with the basic sword for termies is not a bad option, cheap and grants a 4+ inv save in base to base combat.
elugin
elugin
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 368
Army : Gray Knights, Orks, Biel-Tan and the Court of the Young King, plus High Elves for Fantasy fans...
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthus Fri May 27, 2011 12:56 pm

wow thank you so much for the feedback and for the welcome! Im working on a 2nd draft of the list and i'll post it up again on a new thread I guess. I've decided that paladins are great but too expensive for the kind of army I want to run...so im thinking of downgrading my hq(s) to chapter master and a bchamp.
Arthus
Arthus
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 4
Army : Blood Angles, Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-05-27

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Sat May 28, 2011 2:05 am

welcome on board
i totally agree with my brothers except for one minor point : we have a GW mail that says that the fachions give +2 attacks... so until FAQ this is true. But unless you have a librairian that can pass quicksilver, i think that the I6 halberds are a better choice for your purifiers and cheaper.
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by purifier_26 Sat May 28, 2011 12:44 pm

I would suggest maybe dropping crowe and adding some paladins because they go well with draigo and he makes them troops or go with a regular GM and make your purifiers a larger squad.
purifier_26
purifier_26
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 84
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down