Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My new list :)

5 posters

Go down

My new list :) Empty My new list :)

Post by SmokinBrown Wed May 01, 2013 8:10 pm

Thought I would run this list by you guys before I went and purchased some new models, so here it is, bearing in mind that nobody I play against owns any flyers...

HQ

Draigo (WL)
Coteaz

TROOPS

5 x paladins, 2 with halberd and incinerator, 2 with hammer, 1 with banner
10 x GKSS, 2 psycannons, psybolt
4 x acolyte, 4 x plasma gun, chimera, searchlight

HEAVY SUPPORT

Land raider, searchlight
Land raider crusader, psybolt, multimelta, searchlight
Dreadnought, 2x TL auto cannon, psybolt, searchlight

FORTIFICATIONS
ADL

So there it is, draigo rolls with paladins in crusader, strike squad splits and 5 go in landraider and 5 deep strik with both psycannons maybe? Coteaz takes prescience and goes with plasma guns in chimera behind the defence line with the dreadnought. What do you think? Open to all comments and criticisms.

SB
SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 251
Army : Grey Knights, Necrons, The Empire
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

My new list :) Empty Re: My new list :)

Post by jay170788 Thu May 02, 2013 9:05 am

Alright mate, I'm not a huge fan of the paladdin's i prefer to run 10xterminators instead of less paladdin's more firepower per point. But if that is your preference then roll with it.

You are being slightly cheaty on two points though:-

- You are only allowed 3 Heavy Supports so you will need to lose one
- You are only allowed up to a maximum of 3 special weapons per acolyte squad. So you will need to lose one plasma gun but i would keep an acolyte or two and leave them cheap for ablative wounds.

jay170788
jay170788
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 77
Army : GK & Fire Lords Marines
Registration date : 2011-10-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinBrown Thu May 02, 2013 9:27 am

Aw crap didn't see that about the three plasmas Sad thought it seemed a bit too good to be true. Thanks for enlightening me though Smile as for the heavy support I only have the 1 dreadnought, it's the TL auto cannons ere are two of, I could have made it a bit clearer sorry.

The paladins are just personal preference I think, I like Draigo and it just seems right to take paladins with him. 10 termies do pack a nice punch but unfortunately won't all fit in my crusader Sad

SB
SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by jay170788 Thu May 02, 2013 9:42 am

Yeah transport capacity is always a stumbling block for me. The problem is that many low AP weapons will also be S8 so they will double out your paladdins so the 2 wounds stand for very little really. Dont get me wrong they are great but i just feel that even roll with 7 termies + draigo in your crusader. Then you have more firepower for cheaper cost.

Sorry about the mortis dread my mistake, just got home from a long day and jumped to conclusions without reading it properly.
jay170788
jay170788
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinBrown Thu May 02, 2013 10:03 am

I'm thinking at the moment of dropping coteaz for a normal inquisitor, giving him rad grenades, power armour, prescience and a plasma syphon, and then running him with the paladins. The plasma syphon helps keep the paladins alive against all the plasma-spam going on nowadays, whilst prescience and rad grenades turn them into a proper Death Star unit. What do you think?

SB
SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by first strike Thu May 02, 2013 5:54 pm

That could work, plasma is just painfull now.
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 409
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, Space Wolves, High Elf
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinBrown Sat May 04, 2013 4:41 am

What about a henchman war band kitted for range not close combat? What setup do you guys use? I was thinking of using a chimera and leaning towards heavy firepower (jakaero's and plasma gun acolytes) over volume of dakka.

SB
SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by jay170788 Sat May 04, 2013 6:31 am

Two plasma servitors, jokearo or two, 3 plasma gun acolyte's and Inquisitor in a chimera with prescience. will hurt a lot of people.
jay170788
jay170788
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinBrown Sat May 04, 2013 7:42 am

Was thinking something along those lines, thanks for the input Smile

SB
SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by jay170788 Sun May 05, 2013 1:47 am

No worries, i don't have a chimera yet and so haven't tried it but as soon as i have some pennies i will be getting a chimera and running it as i run against this pain Chaos army with termies who will cry hard when i run that squad
jay170788
jay170788
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinBrown Sun May 05, 2013 9:19 am

I was thinking its perfect for terminators. 3 plasma acolytes and 2 jakaeros in a chimera is only 167 points (if I added right) and is brutal to terminators and decent at range for antitank and stuff too.

SB

Last edited by SmokinBrown on Sun May 05, 2013 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by zhambah Sun May 05, 2013 9:49 am

I would seriously consider plasma servitors, the only problem with them is you need an inquisitor. and they the points start racking up.

if you have a tight budget, the squad you listed will do the job more or less. but if you can fit the points in the servitors I've found (in my limited experience) do the job much better.

zhambah
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2013-03-31

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Embolden40k Sun May 05, 2013 10:09 am

I think you can only have 3 Acolytes with special weapons like Plasma/Melta/Flamer
Embolden40k
Embolden40k
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 104
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar
Registration date : 2012-09-10

Grey knight
stats:

http://embolden40k.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinBrown Sun May 05, 2013 10:12 am

I might give the servitors a try, I've never been a fan of small blast weapons though, I never seem to hit anything with them.

SB
SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Embolden40k Sun May 05, 2013 12:13 pm

3 Plasma Servitors with a cheap Inq is a good choice.
Embolden40k
Embolden40k
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 104
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar
Registration date : 2012-09-10

Grey knight
stats:

http://embolden40k.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinBrown Sun May 05, 2013 4:08 pm

Ill give them a try, general consensus seems to be they're good Smile

SB
SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by zhambah Sun May 05, 2013 6:26 pm

well there 60 points for all 3 with plasmas so even if they only kill 2 terminators, they've earnt their points back. Like I say, the only bad aspects is you need to have an inquisitor with them. that and you can only have 3 per squad (with decent weapons) as well otherwise my entire army would be made up of them lol

zhambah
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2013-03-31

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinBrown Sat May 11, 2013 5:11 pm

Ran an ammended version of this list yesterday against tyranids. Have yet to get any plasma cannons but here's the list....

HQ

Draigo (WL)
Coteaz

TROOPS

5 x paladins, 2 with halberd and incinerator, 2 with hammer, 1 with banner
10 x GKSS, 2 psycannons, psybolt
3 x acolyte, 3 x plasma gun, 2 x Jakaero, chimera

HEAVY SUPPORT

Land raider
Land raider crusader, psybolt, multimelta
Dreadnought, 2x TL auto cannon, psybolt

Game went really well, was the relic game and almost won top of turn 2, when my opponent only had one biovore with one wound left on the board, but it passed 5 5+ cover saves! from a twin-linked lascannon, twin-linked heavy bolter and a hurricane bolter. Reservess turned up the next turn though, but opponent conceded on turn 4 with just his hive tyrant left, my total casualties being one grey knight from my strike squad!! Its the first time I've ran henchman but I loved that unit, did some serious damage.

SB
SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinBrown Sat May 11, 2013 5:49 pm

I'll write it up properly I think....
My list is above, my opponents list was roughly this...

Winged Hive Tyrant
Trygon prime
2 x 14 genestealers both with a broodlord
14 of the shooty gaunts (I forget their name) with the S5 assault 3 guns
2 biovores
2 zoanthropes
3 raveners

I think that's right.

I won deployment (was deploying on short edges) and set up with the crusader with draigo and paladins on my left flank behind a ruin with the intention of making a run for the relic which was in the centre. coteaz and henchman in the chimera were in the middle of my deployment sone, the landraider was on the right behind a slight raise, and the dreadnought on the very right on a hill in a crater for cover.

My opponent put his genestealer units, raveners, trygon and hive tyrant into reserve (which I think is what let him down), whilst the gaunts deployed in his centre, with a biovore in each corner and a zoanthrope infront of each of them, ie one at each flank.

TURN 1

coteaz casts prescience. crusader moves straight towards the relic, but remains 9" away so unit remains embarked, landraider with strike squad move forward 6", dread and coteaz remain stationary. dread shoots the zoanthrope on the left so it doesnt use that lancing psychic power on the crusader, and kills it (instant death Very Happy). Henchmen shoot between the landraiders at the other zoanthrope, hitting once in total but invuln is passed. landraider shoots at biovore on right and kills it, and crusader snap fires at one on left, wounding once. so the gaunts in the middle remain, with a zoanthrope on the right and a biovore on one wound on the left.

opponent moves gaunts forwards 6, zoan forwards 6 and biovore fails instinctive without the zoan there and moves to cover. Zoan on the right attempts to psychic the landraider (GKSS) but fails psychic test because its within range of the dread. gaunts cant harm anything and biovore shoots at landraider doing nothing.

TURN 2

coteaz casts prescience. crusader moves forward, paladins disemabark taking the relic and within 1" of the gaunts. landraider moves forward 6" and GKSS disembark.

dread kills remaining zoanthrope. paladins shoot the gaunts, the incinerators hit 12 and wound 11 times thanks to the grand strategy re-roll (which the paladins and GKSS have, btw lol). storm bolters kill 2 more, leaving one. GKSS shoot and kill the remaining gaunt, leaving only the one biovore on the left flank on the table. The landraider shoots at it with both twinlinked lascannons, and TL heavy bolter. and the hurricane bolter on the left of the crusader also shoots at it. All 5 cover saves from a crater are passed.

My opponent rolls for reserves, the hive tyrant, trygon, a unit of genestealers and the raveners all arrive. the genestealers deploy behind the ruin out of line of sight on the left flank which my crusader used for cover at the beginning of the game, waiting to assault next turn. The trygon deepstrikes just infront of my crusader but scatters to the side of the ruin towards my opponents deployment. The raveners come on on the right hand side of my deployment zone to threaten the dread, and hive tyrant swoops on from his deployment zone into range of the strike squads landraider. Hive tyrant shoots landraider and fails to glance, raveners shoot dread and fail to glance.

TURN 3

Coteaz casts prescience and power to fire overwatch at full BS. Paladins embark the crusader with the relic and it turns to the left to face the trygon and moves forward 6". Landraider also faces the trygon. Dread turns to face raveners.

Dread shoots raveners, hitting 3 times but I roll 2 ones, so only one ravener dead. Crusader, landraider and coteaz unit all shoot at trygon, killing it.

My opponent rolls reserves and last unit of genestealers arrive, coming out the hole where the trygon just was. The Raveners move towards the dread. The hive tyrant shoots the GKSS and kills one (my first loss Sad ). The genestealers in the ruin assault the crusader, but only the broodlord is strong enough to damage and glances once.

TURN 4

coteaz casts powers. Paladins exit crusader within 1" of the genestealers which came out the hole. GKSS moves back toward my deployment zone to get LOS to the genestealers which assaulted my crusader.

GKSS shoot at genestealers, killing 7ish. henchmen shoot killing another 3ish, leaving 4 infront of the hurricane bolter on the left sponson of the crusader, so decide to leave those and use POTMS on the crusader to finish them. The paladins, and assault cannons and hurricane bolter on the crusader wipe out the genestealers infront of them (12 incinerator hits again!), while the hurricane bolter on the left finishes off the other unit (I LOVE hurricane bolters with psybolt. Dread kills the last 2 raveners, leaving just the hive tyrant, but opponent concedes, 4-0 to me (3 for relic, 1 for first blood)

SB
SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down