Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New administrators

+5
Constantine
Klomster
Rivan
Souba
Aubec le noir
9 posters

:: Community

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New administrators Empty New administrators

Post by Guest Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:31 am

Hey guys I think we are gonna need a few new admins because ours doesn't look to be coming back.

I've been to the forumotion help forum and found this. If there would be people willing to help me with this we and anyone who wants to put their hand up for admin and owner of the forum, then all we have to do is follow this: (I copy pasted from the help sight).

In any case the account is transferred to founding your own account, we will simply give you access to that account and you will not use that in case of need for specific administration (Change of Address, Credit Management , Access to tools, etc ...)

You will find in this tutorial the three cases in which you can retrieve or pass the founder of a forum account.
- You are part of the administration of a forum and founder wants to leave the forum
- You are part of the administration of a forum and the founder is absent
- You're not part of the administration of a forum and the founder is absent

1 - You are part of the administration of a forum and founder wants to leave the forum

Here is the procedure

The rule of six months absence does not apply in this case because it is an agreement between the old and the future founder

►It is necessary that the founder username exchange (in the example by replacing "Team Administration").

►To eliminate all traces of its IP address, it will be necessary to delete all messages he/she posted... On important issues he/she has created for the smooth running of the forum (rules, etc. ...), he must leave till a copy is made and repost before deleted.

►Once the messages are deleted, he/she must change the e-mail on the forum and Founder Tools by replacing the e-mail to the new replacement.

► Finally, it is sufficient to give the password to his/hers new replacement member "Team Management".

In this way, it will no longer be legally responsible for following events that can happen on this forum in the future since there will be no trace of him on this forum...

2 - You are part of the administration of a forum and the founder is absent

There is a solution to recover the main administration:

Above all, it must meet the following conditions:
►The founder must be absent for at least six months and one day.
That is her last connection should go back to that date.
(Any application with an absence of less than six months & one day will not be processed.)

► If there are other administrators or moderators you must provide written agreement stating that they accept that you take the status of the founder.
(This agreement should be written as a message on the forum by each member concerned, otherwise it will not be valid.)

From there, if all the above conditions are met, you must provide:
► The URL forum concerned with the recovery.

► Screen printing Profile of the founder(public profile, visible to all members and if the Advanced Profile is activated, screen printing is desired that the tab "Statistics") showing the last visit of the founder (with the format of the date indicating the year: Profile ==] Preferences ==] Date Format).

►Printing screen list of special users (in the admin panel, tab "User & Groups" then left, "special users").

►Printing screen or a link to a story accessible to guests gathering the various written agreements obtained beforehand.

►Email address never registered on any forum to be able to make the changes for the founder account.

Send it to one staff members at the following list: Administrators (Sanket), Managers or Support Moderators

*Note* This process will take some time as it needs to be forward to a pro admin.

After a review of your case, if it appears that the case is valid, the account recovery founder will be done!
(You will receive new names on the mailbox that allow you to login as the founder.)

At the transmission, original founder has a period of two months from the date the change was made to ask back his forum.

If he/she doesn't manifest itself in two months, the forum will become the property of the new founder, without possible appeal!

3 - You're not part of the administration of a forum and the founder is absent

There is always a way to recover the account founder. Simply fill in the same conditions as above, plus this one:

►If there is another admin. He/She must also provide their written agreement stating that they authorize you to become a founder. Then provide screen printing or the link to the topic in the same manner explained above.
(Must not have been connected for at least six months & one day.)

The original founder has a period of two months from the date the change was made to get his/her forum.

If there is no claim within two months, the forum will become the property of the new founder, without possible appeal!

Back to top Go down

New administrators Empty Re: New administrators

Post by Aubec le noir Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:50 am

You are too quick to bury our admin. Brother ! Wink
I think your move is a little premature ! Razz
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:59 am

Aubec le noir wrote:You are too quick to bury our admin. Brother ! Wink
I think your move is a little premature ! Razz
Aubec pirat

+1
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1602
Army : Inquisitorial Army, Necrons, Dark Eldar, Daemons of Chaos
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:50 pm

Concur.

However, if I'm not mistaken Arratak was just suggesting adding a new Admin or two, right? Even then, I think we should continue attempting to contact Inquisitor Lord and suggest to him that another Admin or two might be helpful. Just my two cents Smile
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:44 pm

Bro, I'm not burning him. And don't think for a second I want the position.

He really is burning himself. By not logging. I've already pm'd him and private emailed him. No response. As rivan said, we just need a few more. The site really does need a renovation. With a steady influx of new people we need a more appealing forum.

My vote is for KLOMSTER and some of the grandmaster with 3k + posts to take admin and moderator rolls. And then from their they can promote, or delegate from their. Or we do a site vote if none of them wants the responsibility.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:08 am

you're right about some evolutions in this forum (everything should evolve or die), but i think this should be discuss largely, debated, with every member that cares the subject (some just won't care i guess Razz ) and maybe voted.
I agree with you Brother Arratak that the impossibility to contact brother Inquisitor Lord is a problem.
Is there here someone that lives near his home ? Or possess his personal phone number ?
I know it's old fashioned, but i think it'll work ! Razz

My first ideas are :
1/ to dissociate the administrator role with the moderator one (like it is now if i'm not wrong Suspect ) cause i recently saw that all the powers in the same hands could be a real problem or even an important error.
Btw, we should be sure that the candidates have the competences... for instances, though i think i could be moderator, i'm a real noob in computer things ... so i won't jump for a post of admin ! affraid Evil or Very Mad
and moderation procedures could be great too...
my 2 cents, for the moment.
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:07 pm

+1 w/ Aubec.

Everyone needs to know the differences b/w Administrator and Moderator. I myself am not sure what are the differences and responsibilities.

I'm also not that savvy w/ computers (like Brother Aubec Laughing ). However, I can volunteer to be one of the moderators. One of the main reasons I love this forum is because it has a very friendly atmosphere where everybody can freely discuss/debate issues without antagonism. And I want to help keep it that way Smile

So, as far as policing the threads to make sure no one is getting out of line or posting things that are inappropriate, I can definitely help.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:14 pm

Being admin is easy, forumotion provide easy to use interfaces and I was playing around with a test site yesterday. We generally don't need to many, 3-4 of each would be good. That way things like this don't happen. Where all the power is in one person and now we can't get hold of him.
We don't usually have spammers or adds on our forum so in terms of moderating its fairly simply, I've been a mod and admin on a few forums before. The only we need mods for are engraving quality threads and moving threads/ locking them. Oh and the gallery thing.

Admins are a bit different. They do all that and more. In the admin control panel you basically have full control of the site. From changing permission to creating / deleting forums and sub forums. Moving whole forums and changing the layout of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:11 pm

This situation is worrisome. And only since inquisitor lord is not responding.

In the good old days we used to have a couple of admins, but one lost his account and inquisitor lord is..... sleepy.

I would love to be an admin (since inquisitor lord likes his spare time, which i respect) but would rather be so at his regard.

I can always try the trick as to how i became a mod.

I Pm'ed Inquisitor lord and he *Let me try being a mod for a trial* technically, i've been on trial for some time now Razz

I shall PM the good old lord, and tell him my request and forward your worries.

Chances are that you are not as a familiar name as mine so he might not listen to you. (Seems far fetched but could happen.)

Or he has focused more (as in all) of his time on the real world. Which i also respect, but a forum with no active admins suffers a bit.

Or he's dead...... which would suck alot. But let's not think like that.

What worries me most is that every time someone mentions -"Oh, that inquisitor lord has not been on for a while. Perhaps we need a new admin." He usually dives right on and grazes us with his undying presence. This time he has not.

As for the difference betwen User/Mod/Admin.

I am a mod, i have also started a forum with forumotion so i have some ideas on this area.

User: Thet's you, the general joe. Having a great time on the forums and being happy. (If you are not, emperor spare your soul since we only have happy users on this forum.)

The users only responsibilities is to abide by the forum rules, and post constructively, and politely.
Our rules are found when pressing the "Portal" option in the top bar.

Moderator: That's me. I have on top of being a user some control over a few subforums. Like the painting and the general sections plus a few others.
In the subforums i am a mod for. I can edit peoples posts. Remove posts and topics. Move topics betwen subforums and sections. Lock and open topics. Among a few other things like approving pictures for the gallery.

The mod has a few responsibilities. The mod is to see to the wellfare of the users in his/her area or areas of the forum. The mod is to remove unsuitable content (like pictures or written words) and to encourage a friendly atmosphere in his/her areas of the forum.

Admin: As the forum is concerned.... He is a GOD.
The admin can change everything. Can delete and create new subforums at a whim and can remove all content and all users on the site if he so wills it.

He has all the powers of the mods AND MORE!!!

Needless to say you DO NOT want a troll here. You want a serious mature person who respect others and the forum and what it stands for.

The responsibilities of the admin is to organize the forum with moderators and to organize the look and feel of the forum.

If i recall correctly forumotion has a few levels you can appoint for the mods and admins, and what rights the users have.
I remember that you from this control screen could appoint what powers the users, mods, über-mods, admins and über-admins (don't really remember the names, bear with me) could do.

You could from this screen say that all users could do anything, and thus all be admins. (Very stupid.)

But there was several levels of mods and admins. I think you could turn these on and off (which i guess inquisitor lord did)

Basically. Inquisitor lord is an über-admin, or founder. He can choose ALL. He even controls what power other admins have.

I would love to be a regular admin. But if the times require it. I could be über-admin, but only in case of emergency.

But again, i will PM and perhaps e-mail him. Hopefully he wakes up enough to come visit us again since we all miss the magnificent bastard Razz
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:57 pm

I put forward, we give him one week, if not we fill out the request to change the admin. With written statements from you, KLOMSTER and a few others, like rivan, zealadin and anyone else with a large post count.

Just the fact that you can't pin topics is ridiculous. What kind of idiot leaves the forum with only himself as an administrator?!?

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:07 pm

Someone who perhaps didn't think about that when he did the forum?

Be careful with your temper young Arratak. Inquisitor lord might not be on much but he is the founder.

But your request is reasonable. I for one agree partly.

One week, and if we can't get hold of inquisitor lord. Drastic measures will be discussed further.
All who agree make yourself heard, the same if you disagree.

Regardless, let's try to get hold of inquisitor lord. I have pm'ed him now and waiting for a response.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:09 pm

I've sent 2 emails and 2 pm's. 1 of each over a week ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:14 pm

Well, if we all begin to contact him he will perhaps notice us more easily.

And the good old trying to call him is a very good plan. Then someone can ask if he still wants to be the main admin.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:54 am

I think 1 week is not enough ... We are not in a hurry !
Those things need time and reflection : We must make the difference between efficiency and precipitation ! Wink
And Inquisitor Lord should remain the Ûber administrator...
Because he's the founder
Because he's a tempered man
Because a forum should have a leader for the final decisions
And because i trust him !

Sorry to say that brother Arratak, but i think you are to young in this forum to make such a revolution in a hurry.
Furthermore brother Klomster is right you have to moderate your temper and your vocabulary a little.

I agree with you that some changes are obviously necessary, but those changes must be done with the founder of this forum, not against him or without his knowledge of them.

Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:47 am

A lot of good points here, from all concerned.

Arratak, kudos to you for the initiative to improve our forum Smile

Klom & Aubec, I concur with you as well that we need to proceed with temperance. We definitely need to add a few new admins/mods to assist Inquisitor Lord in managing the forum. And I also agree that this needs to be done WITH Inquisitor Lord's cooperation. He should remain as the "uber" admin being the founder and all.

Now, I suggest that everyone conerned continue to PM him. We can continue discussing this after 1 week Smile
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:06 am

ok i will PM him asap
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:09 am

let us say 3 weeks or one month from now on. a good time for we dont know what inquisitor has to do right now IRL.
if he is having problems or something and comes back here after a week and sees he lost every right here would be a stone thrown in his face. and i dont want the founder of this board wich is here for multiple years now to happen that to him.

so as i said... 3 weeks or 1 month as suggestion. any problems with that?

we all should try to contact him as brother rivan, klomster and aubec said.
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:02 pm

Souba, if he comes back within a week of the transfer he can petition forumotion for his forum back and he gets it. He's been gone more then 6 months?!?! Six months?!?!

Souba, I understand your concern for the feeling of IL. Bit clearly IL. does not care about this site, leaving it to fall into dis-repair for over half a year. 1 week is more then enough for everyone to check this thread and get their act together.

If he comes back he can be made an admin anyway

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:20 pm

Rivan wrote:+1 w/ Aubec.

Everyone needs to know the differences b/w Administrator and Moderator. I myself am not sure what are the differences and responsibilities.

I'm also not that savvy w/ computers (like Brother Aubec Laughing ). However, I can volunteer to be one of the moderators. One of the main reasons I love this forum is because it has a very friendly atmosphere where everybody can freely discuss/debate issues without antagonism. And I want to help keep it that way Smile

So, as far as policing the threads to make sure no one is getting out of line or posting things that are inappropriate, I can definitely help.

I am with Brother Rivan on these points, and would like to also assist if I can in this area.

Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:49 pm

Then re read the post I made where I copied and pasted the claim form that a moderator from the help forums gave me.

We fit into one of these categories. With klomster and a few other grandmasters, with large post counts we can petition to shift the admin status to someone else, then for example if it was klomster, he can then appoint other admins, and moderators as he sees fit. This is about the forum, and that's what I care about, not about me seeking some power trip.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:17 pm

Grandmaster Arratak wrote:Then re read the post I made where I copied and pasted the claim form that a moderator from the help forums gave me.

We fit into one of these categories. With klomster and a few other grandmasters, with large post counts we can petition to shift the admin status to someone else, then for example if it was klomster, he can then appoint other admins, and moderators as he sees fit. This is about the forum, and that's what I care about, not about me seeking some power trip.

I don't think anyone is thinking that Arratak--after all you even mentioned you're not interested in the position. I totally appreciate your efforts to help improve this forum and I do agree with you that we need more admins/mods. I just want to make sure we go about it the right way and I for one, DO NOT want Inquisitor Lord to lose all access to the forum that he founded.

That being said, if we are still unsuccessful in contacting IL, then I think petitioning for Klomster to acquire admin rights so he can appoint other admins/mods is the right way to go. We can at least start fixing and improving our forum until IL comes back.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:54 pm

Grandmaster Arratak wrote:Souba, if he comes back within a week of the transfer he can petition forumotion for his forum back and he gets it. He's been gone more then 6 months?!?! Six months?!?!

Souba, I understand your concern for the feeling of IL. Bit clearly IL. does not care about this site, leaving it to fall into dis-repair for over half a year. 1 week is more then enough for everyone to check this thread and get their act together.

If he comes back he can be made an admin anyway

arratak its not like a month is such a long time. this board ran long enough without him and one month more or less time for him to come back will not make much change towards the bad.

but who are you to question someone? it does not matter how long it has been since he last checked. he worked this forum up and put his time in it. its in the top 3 of google search for grey knight forums. and this board worked so far, for years mind you. if it wouldnt i wonder why so many new members join. even though it runs so "bad" why did you even jump in here?
this board is made out of very competetive and charming players with lots and lots of experience and the most important thing : respect towards every person. no matter if veteran or new member.

sadly, the latter is gradually decreasing on this board and even though i dont want to put blame on persons. but i think you for one should step down with your behaviour a little bit. especially on the last part that makes this board so great you are lacking seriously.
you have a temper that so far didnt really fit into our community. you start on blaming new people that just joined the forum for their grammar with stuff like "fuck me dead buddy" and now you want to kick our admin from his place. sorry i dont want to blame you or criticise you but i cant comprehend your logic and i do not agree with your way of thinking how this stuff should be handled at all: disrespectful.
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:52 pm

Never did I say, kick... That's what you don't understand, it's people like you that don't allow for new improved things to come through. You're still stuck in you only ways...

Bro. We have 1800 users... That's nothing. The forum has only survived because a few... And when I say I mean... Like 10-15 people used if. Hence the greater gap between post count.

What your ignorance isn't allowing you to see is, that inquisitor lord can get all he "power" back as soon as he logs on. We are just electing a temporary admin to fill in his role. This forum would begin to flourish if it was "renovated" so to speak.

It's people who post 4 times a day that are growing this forum. Activity produces new faces.

Also: waiting a month, you are still going to be resentful of the fact about what we're doing. In a months time you'll be like "let's give him another month" you'll drag it on and we won't get anywhere. You have made it clear you're against this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:20 pm

change is one thing arratak. the thing of executing it however is a other.
instead of firstly talking if we should replace inquisitor lord for now and then probably seeking guidance you go out and seek how to replace him and tell us and then come with a ultimatum of 1 week for him to show up otherwise making a switch.
this has nothing to do with beeing stuck in ways. it is disrespectful not only to inquisitor lord but everybody here who took years in this board. you are a whelp here and act as cocky to spit out such actions as giving the admin one week to act?
i am fine with change, that i said and i said 3 weeks or 1 month because this board is not dying. its still growing. and yes it can still grow better with some changes but so far it does not die.

dont bro me, ever. 1800 users on a forum aint much. compared to BoLS, Warsseer, B&S etc. the difference is: they are generalist boards.
1800 aint few for a board that is specific on one codex only : Grey Knights. how about you go to other codex boards and gather some info there before you go out spotting such nonsense.

i am not ignorant i simply want a person that did much for this board given the respect that he is worth and with that i mean time. not your fast paced bullshit.

i know forumotion and its system aswell as other forum "software". i am admin on 2 major boards with over 10k & 32k members with varying forum activity from 400-1200 posts a day. i aswell am moderator in some other boards so i do know what can be done and what not.

yes he can get his power back as soon as he logs on, but he has to go to some stuff first in order to.
as soon as he logs in and sees he lost his rights makes him think pretty awkward, feeling a bit betrayed by the persons that he shared years with. did you ever thought about that? of course not. you dont think far enough about persons behind all this. you are disrespectful and dont watch your tounge like towards new members.

people who post often a day are active, indeed. activity produces new faces, indeed.
spamming multiple posts a day with comments that are either disrespectful trashtalk or some wannabe blogging in this board will however make this board look like a trashcan. wish will do the contrary, mind you.

and here again for short: i dont have a problem with change. how you initiate the change however is a fairly different matter and has to be done with finesse and respect.
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:49 pm

Wait wait wait..... you mad bro? sounds like you want to suck his ****? Please bro... I don't care how big your epeen is. I can rattle off large forums as well that I've been involved it. Again somehow you mix your small ego into something that has no relevance to the thread. Good job!

As for trash forums, this forum will end up trash if your new members can't write cohesive structured sentences. Talk about me being disrespectful, you want to play the blame game? Because we can if you want?

I will not tolerate innapropriate words or behaviour. From anyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

:: Community

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum